Spica

star2858

A more technical question:

How do i find out what aspects a fixed star makes, using astro.com or any other side if anyone knows of any. I am particularly interested in Spica since i have Mercury in Libra at the 3rd degree in the 6th house at the 22nd degree of virgo.

Does anyone have any insights on spica generally?

Spicadilly

Hello Star,

Mmm you called :D? Astro.com doesn't show aspect to fixed stars, you have to do it manually. For instance, tr Jupiter will trine it in 3 degrees soon.

If your Mercury is in Libra, how can it be at 22 Virgo...?

Spica is said to be a very fortunate star that brings luck, fortune etc. I imagine you would experience some luck with your Mercury (if it is cj Spica, allow 1 orb max) and the houses it rules in your chart.

A friend had a fabulous year when Spica was on the SR AC but oher things going on too. I have it in this year's SR with Venus cj MC from the 9th and my luck has come from publishing research, getting into PR by coincidence (and told I was a natural) and making plans to travel abroad.

Spica :D

star2858

Hey,

Oh, the thing is someone once told me that Spica bring fortune at the 22nd degree of virgo or libra.

Ahh, right i still can't calculate the aspects manually, i'm still into the habit of reading it off. Any chance you could tell me what aspects it makes? or what i could do to calculate it myself?

Attachments

• Spica.doc
    80.5 KB · Views: 107

Spicadilly

Spica is always located at 23,5 Libra which you can see in your chart written SPI in purple.

Yours falls in H6 sextiling Uranus H8, your luck seems to come from being of service to people (H6) in regards to their goals or your friendships (Uranus rules H11) to get to H8 (others money, intimacy). Also squares your MC. Venus rules Spica in your H5 so that would have some weighting too. Also Libra is intercepted in your chart so it may take some effort on your part to use it well. I can't say anymore than this as I am still learning. Maybe you should post it under Greenlounge to get more replies.

Whenever a transiting, progressed, or solar arc planet is at 23 degree, it will aspect Spica.

Hope this helps!

Culpeper

Premium Member
Only conjunctions are considered with the fixed stars, and those with the Sun and Moon are especially important. Stars near the ecliptic are also important when rising(on asc) or culminating(on MC). The Renaissance astrologers allowed an orb of about 5 degrees for the most important stars such as Spica. Most astrology softwear uses a one degree orb. Fixed stars in the natal chart are very slow in their effects, but I have found by experience that they should be considered in the progressed chart. They also have use in horary, elections and mundane astrology.

dr. farr

The stars also act-more influentially than be longitudinal conjunction in many instances-by parallel of declination; see my related Spica post of today's date in the "How Strict is Spica" thread in the Election section...

Arijana

I found a great site about fixed stars yesterday,gonna open a topic about them,Spica included.

I know little about this Star,I know more of Antares and Caput Algol ( star that fascinates me the most though ) but it's the luckiest star,wherever it is is a blessing. Mine's in the 12th house,so I'd take it a saving grace for life threatening situations. I also read it's the music star and has something to do with musicians ,not quite sure.

catastrophe

I have Spica (23.43) and Arcturus (24.06) conjunct to my ascendant, Libra at (23.28)...

This is what it says on my chart program for where my Spica sits...

Spica (67 Alpha Virginis m 0.98)
Wealth, fame, honour, glamour, the "Fortunate One"
Effect: Very Fortunate
Character Venus/Mars

dr. farr

I found a great site about fixed stars yesterday,gonna open a topic about them,Spica included.

I know little about this Star,I know more of Antares and Caput Algol ( star that fascinates me the most though ) but it's the luckiest star,wherever it is is a blessing. Mine's in the 12th house,so I'd take it a saving grace for life threatening situations. I also read it's the music star and has something to do with musicians ,not quite sure.

Remember that (for most authorities) the stars influence only when in conjunction or parallel with:
-a planet
-the cusp or (whole sign) sensitive degree of a house (includes the ascendant and MC)
-the place of a Part/Lot or one of the 11 Manilius "fortunes"

Baha

Hi,

I have:
Venus at 24 degrees in Libra
My 6th house cusp is 22 degrees Libra
My Vertex is at 27 degrees Libra
and my sun is also in Libra but at the 29th degree

Spica is right in there.

She's flirting with everybody but not doing much.

Spica = Big Tease

:annoyed:

T

Teb

spica is conjunct my MC in the 9th house. mc is 25'02. venus is located at 13' virgo in the 8th. other people's money.

progressed it is conjunct mercury in the 8th
precessed solar return it is conjunct mars and saturn in the 3rd house

Last edited:

dr. farr

spica is conjunct my MC in the 9th house. mc is 25'02. venus is located at 13' virgo in the 8th. other people's money.

progressed it is conjunct mercury in the 8th
precessed solar return it is conjunct mars and saturn in the 3rd house

All connections, here, show benefit and constructive influences.

oriel

what does it mean, in my natal my spica(23.41) is in the 2nd house(libra) conjunct arcturus(24.4)?

I've read different interpretations but I wanna know others insights on this..these two are always or usually conjunct?

Last edited: