Voice and Astrology

Kari_Gem

A female friend and I are often describes as having "sexy voices." Both of us have our venus in Taurus (which rules the throat and neck)

Has anyone else found connections between vocal quality and astrology?

Last edited by a moderator:

kurayami

Not really. People tell me all the time I have a nice sounding voice and I have venus in Sagittarius.

Though some singers I've studied have Venus in Taurus. However, I have a friend with a stuttering problem with venus in taurus. (Thought that's probably more attributed to Mercury in Aries opposed by Pluto in Scorpio). But it does sound kind of anecdotal to me.

starlink

My sister has Venus in Cancer, but Ascendant ruler Jupiter conj. Mars in Taurus. She studied to become an opera singer. She has a beautiful voice.

I am a Taurus, but my Venus is in Aries and people say I also have a beautiful voice and I love to sing as well. Her and my voice, sound very similar when we speak, so much so, that people often mix us up.

My daughter is Aries, Venus in Gemini. Her voice sounds exactly like mine when we speak, eery, but she is not a singer, at least not that I am aware of and she has nothing in Earth in her chart.

It is true that many very good singers (I believe Barbara Streisant as well as Pavarotti) are Taurusses. But I dont think that all Taurusses have singing voices. Maybe nice sounding voices as you said about yourself and your friend, that is possible but I would not know about that.

divine g

Banned
I have Mercury in Taurus in my 10th, and my voice is my biggest asset in my music career..It's what I'm known most for I think.

My last girlfriend had her Mars conjunct my Mercury in Taurus. Mars rules what makes a male attractive to a woman and one of the 1st things she said was that I have an "attractive voice"..

So I think a woman with Sun or Venus in Taurus will have a voice attractive to males, and if she has Mars in Taurus, then she'll be attracted to men with a "manly"(mars) voice..

For example ever heard Billy Dee Williams voice? He also has Mercury in Taurus. Astrology doesn't lie, a prominent or well aspected Taurus will have either a great speaking, or singing voice. It may even be a good "writing voice"!(poet)

But like I said, my voice always did something to my girl, and I just realized why as I studied our synastry. Oddly enough, her mars in taurus makes her voice sexy to me too! Her mars stimulates my mercury, so mentally its a turn on.

As a Mercury inTaurus, I can also testify that the vocal sounds of lovemaking is the biggest turn on with sex! Since Venus rules both, I think people underestimate the importance of voice in sexual attraction/stimulation.

One more thing, my ex was also a one-time phone sex operator! Taurus definitely rules this area, esp. if Mars, Mercury, or its ruler Venus is there. I Even had a relationship with a Taurus sun woman that was totally based on long-distance phone conversations, I found her voice the sexiest thing about her...

Long story short, if the Taurus or Venus is in 10th, that shows a great singing voice, or at least some potential for a career in singing, or being known or respected for their voice, whether people are aware of it or not. If you have Venus in Taurus, by all means sing, and Venus in Gemini I believe could have a nice set of "pipes"(gemini and mercury ruling lungs, windpipe,"wind"=air)

Last edited:

smilingsteph

I have venus in taurus and for two years I was the receptionist for an ABC affiliate...people would say stuff like, "you seem so sweet," "or you sound so young and innocent."
I have a potty mouth and can curse like a sailor and people who hear me for the first time say a curse word are in SHOCK! "I cannot believe a word like that would come out of your mouth."
They say I am like that song..."she walks like an angel and talks like an angel, but she is the devil in disguise."
My mercury trines pluto!

Reyka

Interesting posts all. :)
divine g said:
[...]
Long story short, if the Taurus or Venus is in 10th, that shows a great singing voice, or at least some potential for a career in singing, or being known or respected for their voice, whether people are aware of it or not. If you have Venus in Taurus, by all means sing, and Venus in Gemini I believe could have a nice set of "pipes"(gemini and mercury ruling lungs, windpipe,"wind"=air)
Thank you for that. :D I have Venus in Gemini and the best thing about my voice, in my opinion, is its extension- though I was told by maestroes that I am a soprano, I can go from very low to very high pitched.
I would love a career as a singer, only no planets at all in my 10th House. :(

katydid

Agree about the venus in Taurus connection. My daughter has venus in Taurus
conjunct mercury, both trine Uranus/Neptune in Capricorn.

She has had a successful career as a singer and voice over actress since she was a child. Her college money is already set aside because of her voice. Some of her you tube performances have over a million hits on them.

She could sing since she was a toddler, and when we would ask where she learned to sing like that, she would say, "Don't you remember, I used to be a singer."
Also, Jupiter, the ruler of her asc in Sag, is in the 10th. She was on Star Search when she was about 10, and in a major hit film when she was 11.

I would have thought it would be mercury/communications in Taurus that has the singing voice not necessarily venus.

I have both in conjunction, but cannot hold a tune:confused:

Although I did want to join a choir at school, but didn't have the confidence.

katydid

astrologer50 said:
I would have thought it would be mercury/communications in Taurus that has the singing voice not necessarily venus.

I have both in conjunction, but cannot hold a tune:confused:

Although I did want to join a choir at school, but didn't have the confidence.

I think that Mercury is the 'voice' whereas Venus is the 'artistry' of singing, and the throat itself.

In singers I have seen that it takes not only venus or mercury in Taurus or Gemini, or Libra, but also a strong positive connection to Neptune or Jupiter.

katydid said:
I think that Mercury is the 'voice' whereas Venus is the 'artistry' of singing, and the throat itself.

In singers I have seen that it takes not only venus or mercury in Taurus or Gemini, or Libra, but also a strong positive connection to Neptune or Jupiter.

I have strong close trine from mercury to jupiter but cannot sing. In general terms I agree and I too have heard mercury in Gemini have good voices.

starlink

and I too have heard mercury in Gemini have good voices.
as do Mercury in Taurus. I forgot to mention that my sister does have a Taurus Mercury, but Sun in Gemini. She is a soprano. I think that Gemini Mercuries manage great highs and depths, lots of variation in their voices, like the Swiss jodlers LOL!!

MTTY05

My Venus is in fall, in Virgo. But yet, people tell me all the time that I should be a radio or sports broadcaster because they think my speaking voice sounds so good.

Singing is another story though...

smilingsteph

Star
Man I have mercury in Gemini and I can holler! I can scream so high-pitched it can blow the eardrums out of an elephant! I want to be heard darn it- Mercury in gemini third house..

I have Venus in Taurus and I have a very good singing voice, but I don't think my talking voice is very sexy.

I think Leos have the sexiest voices generally.

AquaScorpio

This is an interesting topic. Some people have told me I have an "announcer" or "game show host" type voice, which I guess would be assertive in a small way and idk...powerful? I can't think of an accurate word to describe it. I'm an Aquarius with a merucry in Aqua, Venus in Aqua and Mars in Scorpio. I wonder if since Aquarius is a friendly sign, and tries to "speak" to the masses if that's why I have an announcer type voice. I can also do "impressions" of some celebrities and even my own friends pretty good. For some reason I always think Aquarians are good at impersonating other people. Perhaps this is cause they like to study people from abroad, dissecting their mannerisms and even tones? Idk, I feel I've gone too far off on a tangent =p

siamese_dream

Venus in Taurus here, in the 10th house. I've been told that I have a strong, clear speaking voice, and I was known in college for having a "New York" accent. I do volunteer work that involves recording books for blind/disabled people. No career in singing, but I was in my high school's choir for a year and sang in Church choir for a few years before that.

divine g

Banned
Aquascorpio, it's funny, I'm a leo rising, and im well known for my roar. Add on my mars/ saturn in leo, and people pretty much listen to what I have to say.

Im also a performer, I do music, and one constant thing that I noticed people rave about is my voice. I have Mercury in Taurus in the 10th. I always knew I had an ok voice, but it was only last night, while going through some comments on my music, that I saw alot of people were saying the same thing. Especially the females think its sexy. Ironically, I haven't shown off much of my singing skills yet, bc my saturn in leo makes a bit unsure of myself sometimes, but thanks for the leo tidbit, i never thought about that. sometimes people say im yelling, when i feel like im barely raising my voice..whenever someone says that, I say oh, you haven't heard me yell yet..they say when a mars in leo gets angry, everyone within 2 square blocks knows it:biggrin: