Academic or finance career with sun, chiron, mercury and jupiter in house 10

Amit89

Dear all,

I would greatly appreciate if someone would look into my chart and point out if a academic/teaching or finance profession would satisfy me long term career wise?

I'm currently embarking on an economics degree which I hope to pursure a master in investments and then go into banking/stockbrocking/invesments/finance.

Or I may go into the teaching side of things or become an academic in the long term.

I have sun conjuct chiron, with mercury conjuct jupiter on the midheaven. I have my moon in the 8th trine saturn and sextile sun.

My moon in the 8th may be satisfied with banking/finance. However, mercury and jupiter in gemini needs vareity and diversity and is prone to wasting time and always need some mental stimulation. With moon in the 8th in a materialistic sign and venus in cancer, I would like to be well paid.

Thanks in advance,
A

Attachments

• my_chart_40440_15516.jpg
    my_chart_40440_15516.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 34

Sweet Pea

It looks like, mentally, you'd be suited to both lines of work. You will certainly need to keep your mind extremely busy. :smile:

Moon in Taurus 8th and opposite Pluto could be excellent at handling other people's money or shared/collective resources.

Would the academic line however require you to lecture? Would that be a comfortable thing for someone with Sun-Chiron conjunct, and Virgo on the ascendant? I would be hoping for a fiery MC or ASC. Would Mars in Leo step up....or that Jupiter in 10th?

I also see Aquarius ruling your 6th house of work and daily routines. How do you think that might fit into either career?

And do you have any other goals in life? Which might harmonise or conflict with whatever choice you make?

sandstone

Banned
hi amit89,

mercury is very strong in your chart.. it is conjunct jupiter - planet connected to higher learning and education as well.. in fact these 2 planets rule all the angles of your chart.. i see your moon as 9th sign and house to ascendant.. even folks who use placidus tend to have some crazy 5 degree rule for putting it in the next house if it is close like it is in your chart.. either way, for me - 9th house moon so more of a focus on higher education and teaching i think is a distinct possibility and one you might find more rewarding... sure, taurus is a financial type sign but i think it is overshadowed by the stronger mercury in your chart..

here is another way to think of it astrologically.. the mercury/jupiter conjunct is close to the area of the pronounced moon/mars square in your chart as well.. these planets serve as the outlet for the energy contained in this natal square in your chart.. moon applies to the 8th house ruler here, so i can see more of the financial angle to your chart, but i still think teaching/academic is really the way for you to go overall.. jupiter is oriental to the sun - means it rises just before it and is often treated as a vocational indicator.. it is a diurnal planet in a diurnal chart as well.. it is in a diurnal sign ruled by mercury which is also strongly placed diurnally.. i see teaching/academic more then finance... good luck working it out... you have a lot going for you by the sounds of it..

Last edited:

Amit89

I have most of my planets houses number 3, 4, 8, 10 and 11 which two are water, one is earth and two is air. I have dignified planets in angles too (houses 4 and 10). Jupiter is a benevolent planet, mars in leo is all about honour and would like to stand out and play in some way.

I chose teaching because I enjoy helping people and the career is quite good. I may lecture in my older years. Finance to me is fast faced, stimulating, escpecially stockbrocking, banking hence I may go into that.

I almost definitely need to have a good career and this is my 'mission' in life. I need to do something interesting and helping others at the same time. Teaching is an option at the start

@ sweetpea,

About lecturing, I agree, with sun-chiron and virgo asc, I can be the shy and retiring type but I can step it up in later years and I quite creative and always looking to learn.

Interesting you noted the true node in the 6th, again, aqurious is a humantarian sign and I looking to help people in my career and possibly go into some charitable causes in my career as a side hopefully.

I may run businesses once I get settled into my career.

@ sandstone,

I think the mercurial/air influences overshadow the earth sign/water houses element in the chart. As stated, teaching is an option and this is an outlet for my energies in my chart.

It hasn't always been that way, I failed high school but had to retake exams and work my way back up, which I'm still in the process of doing.

Amit

Culpeper

Premium Member
Whenever Jupiter and Mercury are in good aspect or together in a horoscope, this can indicate a financial career. Jupiter is the natural ruler of money and wealth and Mercury is about everything in business. Jupiter is almost always a benefic and in this chart so is Mercury. They are in the angular 10th house and both have essential dignity: Jupiter is in it terms and Mercury in domicile. This combination also can indicate a career in a management position. This is also indicated in that they rule all the angular houses.

For an academic career look at both the 9th and 3rd house. Both should be strong houses. However, the 3rd house is quite weak. Mars is in a bad place. Venus is in exaltation and rules the 9th house. You should have no difficulty with academic work, but you will not like it for your whole life or career. Venus naturally hates academics but it does like money. So you are best off going for any kind of financial occupation especially where you can be promoted to management.

You personal finances should do very well. Venus rules your 2nd house, and the Moon which is also in exaltation rules your 11th house of income from business. From your post you appear to be headed in the right direction and studying the necessary courses. But remember this is not the horoscope of a teacher.

Edit: Amit89 pointed out that Venus is not in exaltation but in mutual reception with the Moon. Still a good position in the 11th house.

Last edited:

sandstone

Banned
hi culpeper

i have never heard of mercury and jupiter as having some association with a career in money or finances... perhaps you could point to some text where this is articulated.. money exchange for mercury, sure and large sums of money for jupiter - okay, but the planet most connected to money from my own understanding is venus.

what planets would you look for in an academic career? you mention houses 3 and 9, but no mention of planets.. to me this is also very interesting as houses 3 and 9 have some clear associations with mercury and jupiter.. perhaps you can enlighten me on a few levels here.. thanks - james

R4VEN

Amit, as others have already mentioned, your chart is great for a financial career, but I am interested in the power granted you by having Chiron conj Sun in Cancer in your 10th house. On the one hand - while you are under the age of 30 - you can do very well in the area of finance, and if this still satisfies you once you pass the age of 30, then that will be fine.

However there are also signs of restlessness on your chart - your Sun-Chiron opposes that stellium in the 4th house - and given you have a mercurial MC, I suspect that at the time of your Saturn return at 29, you will be looking for a career change. teaching/lecturing/helping others - perhaps helping others in their financial lives, such as teaching, or even running your own business where you help others to make better financial decisions - seems like an idea you will want to pursue once you have established yourself.

Chiron in the 10th is quite an ambitious placement, but ambitions will tend to be thwarted - or even may become boring to you - unless you commit yourself to helping others and/or teaching others what it is you know. Chiron in the 10th also leads you to being self-sufficient, and even to designing your own career to suit yourself.

I think that you are on the right track so far. Keep in mind where your studies can lead you, but don't get hung up on the details. Life will have a way of redirecting you, and that Jupiter in the 10th will open doors for you that you may not even know are there.

Amit89

Thank you very much for your analysis R4VEN!

I am very ambitious to be honest. I think this may be the chiron in the 10th, which has an obsession over career and the mars sextile midheaven helps to. If I'm honest, I desire to be established as soon as possible.

Mercury with jupiter could speak about my restless nature, I would find the 9-5 repititive job very boring and uninspiring, I believe areas in finance will keep me interested, stimulated and challenged.

Once established, I am looking to expand my horizons and hope to go into writing, investments and start up selp-help business by help others with finance as a side and work in finance as my main career.

Last edited: