My friend the triple Leo

So I have a friend that I keep at arms length, but only because I've recently learned I've had to.

She is a triple Leo, with her Sun conjunct her moon, with a Late Leo ascendant. She doesn't come across too strong because this conjunction is squarely in her 12th house. However, her sun and moon square pluto in the third house, a true blue scorpio pluto! Moreover, her sun and moon are inconjunct to a capricorn mars (located in the 5th house, of course!) She has no air signs in her chart (except a gemini chiron), with very little focus in the air houses as well (pluto alone). This is a problem for me, because even though I have no air signs (chiron in a gemini) I have a STRONG focus on the air sign houses. (saturn/chart ruler in the 11th house, north node in the 3rd, sun and mercury in the 7th house) She and I argue A LOT. I constantly feel like she is controlling me, though I can never quite pinpoint it. She mopes a lot, and even me, with my stellium of capricorn planets, can't take it! I always have to like, remind her to say goodbye to me, or like, be considerate of my personal space, or not interrupt me. She also puts me down a lot! The weird thing is she has mercury sextile venus, cancer and virgo respectively. You think she wouldn't need to be reminded to be considerate or at LEAST polite. I'm not sure what to do. I know I could really dig into her (mercury square pluto) and I have definitely sat her down and been really strong with her (not always easy for me, a 7th house cancer.) ANy thoughts as to how to tackle this? I want to be friends with her but I want her to be considerate of me!!!! How does one get through to this strong Leo type??

LionKing

I will tell you how... dont. Leo's have their own way. You could talk all day to one but at the end of the day... believe me the Leo will do what they will do dispite what advice is given to them. The fire sign evaperates all things. I know that it sounds awful... but a Leo will show you that they will rule even if it comes down to ignoring what you offer them. Sorry. That's how the big cats work. V/r LionKing

She always complains about how much her life ***** and I just want to be like, well if you consider changing just a little bit! Sigh. I guess I'll just keep contact to a minimum. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

aquarius7000

Another point to consider would be that usually Leos demand quite a bit of attention (as do most of the fire signs), so if your friend is usually harping about her own life, then maybe it's actually attention she craves there. IMO, Leos might be dominating, do-their-own-thing people, but they do so openly, and usually don't manipulate (esp behind the back), and you always know where you stand with them, which you too seem to very well do.
Some of the most generous, helpful and honest people I know are Leos, they might be a bit loud, but I'd rather have it this way, than having somebody being sugar-sweet and mellow in my face, but manipulating things behind my back.

Actually. looking at your synastry chart would help more, than just general info.

:)aquarius7000

Right, the point you make about her not being manipulative is very true, however, she does have squares to pluto in scorpio, and everything is in the 12th house, so she can be little bit overwhelming and you might not expect to see it coming. She definitely outwardly attempts to control the whole scene. It hurts me, to say the least. That said, she is very generous, and because everything is in the 12th house, she doesn't make a big show of it either, but very quietly and sweetly demonstrates the wonderful leonine qualities of giving and generosity. She wants to be a pediatric physicians assistant, and I think that would be great for her. A little bit higher up than a nurse, but still service oriented like that 12th house wants her to be, and with kids of course! She definitely purrs sweetly. I sometimes wish if she would just take down all of her arrogance and haughtiness then I could befriend that sweet little lion cub under there. But she would never let anyone in. ANyway, here are our charts together. First one is mine on the inside, and hers is on the inside in the second. I really would love to encourage her to open up and be receptive and responsive. She also never thinks about anything deeper than surface stuff. I don't want to pry her open but I always have this feeling that we have a lot to offer each other. She is just SO CLOSED AND QUIETLY BOSSY and consistently rude.

http://www.astro.com/cgi/chart.cgi?cid=3wbfilefgrr1L-u1108330500&lang=e&gm=a1&nhor=860505&nho2=1296962&btyp=61&mth=gw&sday=18&smon=7&syr=2008&hsy=-1&zod=&orbp=&rs=0&ano=1&ast=

http://www.astro.com/cgi/chart.cgi?rs=0&ast=&gm=a1&sday=18&btyp=61&syr=2008&zod=&lang=e&orbp=&ano=1&mth=gw&cid=3wbfilefgrr1L-u1108330500&hsy=-1&smon=7&nhor=1296962&go.x=21&go.y=9&go=Go&nho2=860505

wilsontc

Staff member
control, to Mod

Mod

I constantly feel like she is controlling me, though I can never quite pinpoint it...I always have to like, remind her to say goodbye to me, or like, be considerate of my personal space, or not interrupt me...You think she wouldn't need to be reminded to be considerate or at LEAST polite...I have definitely sat her down and been really strong with her...I want her to be considerate of me

Since you have Pluto (transformation, also control) on your Midheaven (outer world), you want to be in control of your outer world. So you attempt to control your friend so that she does things the way YOU want her to. However, since your friend's Pluto squares (energy is combined with) YOUR Mercury (thinking, also talking), she can work to control your talking as well, which places you OUT of control...which you don't like (the square from YOUR #Plu to her Mercury is a little too wide, in my opinion, to be a "true" square). Since you have your Mars (being, also anger) conjunct (energy is combined with) each other, you can very easily get into fights with each other.

The decision is yours...if you want to keep friendship with this person you have to work to SHARE control together on the things you do. That means every now and then she will do things you don't like...but accept since you want to be her friend.

In friendship,

Tim

quite sure. I've asked a few times, and we actually went to her birth certificate and there it was! complete with a stellium in the 12th house... this girl has always baffled me. But she definitely quiet little power house.

The thing that I don't understand is she sort of throws her body around, not very regal or royal like one might expect.

aquarius7000

AquariusT said:
It is my understanding that triples are very rare. Is she sure on her birthtime?
Hi,

I wouldn't say that triples are that rare at all..see Mer is always around the Sun, and Venus is not too far either. The majority has Sun and Mer in the same sign in case, unless you are born in one of the very early or very late dates of your Sun sign, then Mer might slip into the sign before, or after the Sun sign. And then, let us say you have Sun (& Mer/Ven) in the first house, then you have the ascendant there as well. There are still Moon and Mars still left, so that leaves another combination open. So getting three of those planets/luminaries/Asc in one sign is quite common, there are many combinations possible:D. We are not even considering Jup/Sat/outer planets here.

delilah4

Heeey I'm a leo with 4 planets in the sign. 6 planets in fire signs total. We're not all that bad. :) My best friend right now is a Cap with 3 planets. I provide the drive and energy she needs to get her to finally do things she talks about doing, but keeps putting off due to her insecurities and I pick up her mood and make her smile when she is feeling angry or down- which is often.
And she helps me keep organized, restricts me from going too far with something when I don't realize that's what I'm doing, and shows me how to do important errands the 'right' way. I'm very appreciative of it because I have no earth in my chart and it's very hard for me to restrict my energy when necessary and be efficient like she can. In fact the reason why I'm posting alot today is because she's away and I can't seem to get myself to do the organization I'm supposed to do today. It's like she fills up my empty earth houses when she's with me and balances me out. :)

Last edited:

LionKing

interesting... I have 5 planets in fire signs. That is... if you want to call the "Lillith" a planet. I call it my ex wife, ha! But yea 3 in Leo one in Sag., and yes "Lillith" resides in Aries. Of course I have my A.S. in Leo.
V/r LionKing

delilah4

LionKing said:
I will tell you how... dont. Leo's have their own way. You could talk all day to one but at the end of the day... believe me the Leo will do what they will do dispite what advice is given to them. The fire sign evaperates all things. I know that it sounds awful... but a Leo will show you that they will rule even if it comes down to ignoring what you offer them. Sorry. That's how the big cats work. V/r LionKing

I really hope I'm not that way.

LionKing

Me being a double, but I also have Venus and Uranus in Leo along with the Sun and riser.... This is probably the most terrible thing about Leo types. I feel like that country music star singing..."I want to talk about me." I would rather talk about other people and other things... but it always always seems to go back to me. I guess I tell the story better... ha! As charming and warm as Leo types are they would like to talk about other things, but it ends up back to a bio conversation. V/r LionKing

Plutonian Persona

Me and Leos...that's a disaster waiting to happen! And it has....:)

Quad Scorpio (me) vs. Triple Leo (several girlfriends and my only cousin), can you say Armageddeon???:D I want my way, you want your way, so let's almost kill each other to get it!

aquarius7000

Ah yes, Plutonian Persona, I quite agree with you about the Scorpio and Leo saga - it's like two big egos confronting eachother, each wanting to rule and control the other, with no side wanting to give in; so at some point, a head-on collision is quite likely.:13:

@LionKing: Just wanted to quickly say, I quite enjoy the company of Leos, they are usually so generous and giving, simply happy-go-lucky people, and their optimism is almost contagious.:sunny:

LionKing

Hey I have a strong attraction to Scorpios as they have had to me. (I love setting cold-things on fire... ha!) The arguements!?! Wow! Those ladies made me as nimble with words as Perry Mason. And you better be good at arguing with them. The Mars women are all about the "fight." I think they sometimes do it just to see if I really am the King. Ha! That or the romance of it. V/r LionKing

gaer

aquarius7000 said:
Hi,

I wouldn't say that triples are that rare at all..see Mer is always around the Sun, and Venus is not too far either. The majority has Sun and Mer in the same sign in case, unless you are born in one of the very early or very late dates of your Sun sign, then Mer might slip into the sign before, or after the Sun sign. And then, let us say you have Sun (& Mer/Ven) in the first house, then you have the ascendant there as well. There are still Moon and Mars still left, so that leaves another combination open. So getting three of those planets/luminaries/Asc in one sign is quite common, there are many combinations possible:D. We are not even considering Jup/Sat/outer planets here.

When I talk about "triples", I talk about Sun/Moon/AC in the same sign. I believe this only happens (on average) in one out of 144 charts. :)

Gaer

Raindrops

I knew someone with a Sun and Ascendant in Leo. The sun was conjunct her ASC by 1 degree and in the 1st house. Both were opposite her Aquarius Moon which was on her Descendant by 2 degrees (creating problems between herself and others...).

The first time I met her, I stood up to shake her hand and she haughtily told me to give her a book. She didn't even acknowledge me and then walked out the door (we were roughly the same age -- in our early twenties). Personally, I noticed her parents let her treat everyone like dirt... so they probably made a medium problem into a big problem. =P

After I met her for the second time through my friend, she later gave my friend a long verbal list of things that she did not like about me (ranging from where I attended school to my job =P). I remained polite, but was offended.

She was very haughty, bossy, full of pride, etc. Personally, because of these traits, I could not stand her. She would say things like, "I am my father's little girl. I can get anything out of him. He knows how important I am."

She always took the liberty to put you down. The stupid part was that her own life was in shambles and she was telling you how she had wanted it that way to save face (ie. When she gained 40 pounds, she told everyone that had worked hard to gain that weight (she was already overweight)).

To be honest, I wasn't sure how her friends could stand to be around her. I thought that they must have an inferiority complex. But, she did have her loyal friends and a few years later I heard that her giant ego had gotten her fired from her job and she ruined several of her friends lives (I could see this coming =P).

Last edited:

LionKing

Well me and Madonna turn 50 tomorrow. I will probably post my natal chart so you all can tell me what a sad sack I am... ha! (Not.)
Sorry to hear about the triple Leo and the wearing down she has done on all of those around her. I thought just being a double Leo AS and Sun would be good enough. But if you all really want to know the true me. I have AS, Sun, Venus, and Uranus all in Leo. I don't know what kind of martian being that makes me but I'm happy with it anyway.
Would I do what your friend has done? Naaa... I have too strong of a conviction and would rather leave a job than to have those fired around me. I do think people should take physical care of themselves and will be very pointed in that. I have a hard time dealing with those who smoke. I have a difficult time with those who over-eat and will not exercise. That is what simularity that I can find with her and me. But hey most Leos are pretty cool people. V/r LionKing:D