7th house/Descendant synastry

Selene

Hi Catatonia,

His Descendant is in Aries 25 degrees.

All the planets are in Taurus except for my Mercury in Aries (My Mercury in Aries in conjunct my Venus in Taurus).

We do have conjunctions in Gemini (but not in the 7th house).

Here's our synastry chart if you're interested in looking at it.

He's on the outside.

Are you researching this to find out if 7th house placements lead to permanent romantic unions?

I have been very interested in studying my synastry with my bf however I have many astrologers telling me to look at the composite instead. In all honesty, I think synastry says a lot more (but that's my stubborn Taurus placements talking... once I believe something good luck changing my mind).

Since we're on this topic...

My ex bf and I who were together for a very long time had:

His Mars in Cancer in the 7th in my 1st house (not close enough to my Cancer ascendant to be considered a conjunction). His Cancer moon in the 7th was also near my Ascendant but again, not close enough to be considered a conjunction. His Descendant was in Gemini, although h came off as having a Cancer descendant due to being after a motherly figure (he was clingy, needy and in needs of lots of affection).

Attachments

• selene and bf synastry.jpg
    selene and bf synastry.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 49

Catatonia

Hi Catatonia,

Are you researching this to find out if 7th house placements lead to permanent romantic unions?

Yes Ma'am :biggrin:

I'm also trying to figure out if there are any patterns/correlations we can count on in the future to determine how relationships will pan out even if they don't lead to marriage. People marry for different reasons, unfortunately, and because of this it's difficult to tell which intraspects to watch out for. Thank you for your reply!

Catatonia

C0rnholio

I have Aries on the Dsc, and I get a lot of Aries Moon girls.

This is not conclusive though. An Aries Moon would also oppose my Sun/Moon midpoint, trine my Sun and Moon, and may conjuct my Mars, so those Aries Moon girls can't help but be attracted.

They also usually have a Sag Asc / Gemini Dsc, and I have absolutely nothing in Gemini. In fact, I usually put my Saturn into their 7th house (bleh). I think we end up being together just because I like their Sag Ascendants.

I need to get myself a girl with an Aquarius Asc / Leo Dsc, so that my Leo Sun is on her Dsc. I knew a couple of girls like that, but the relationships were weird. The irony is that if I am in a relationship with an Aquarius Ascendant girl, then in the Composite chart Neptune falls on the Ascendant, which makes the relationship weird.

Catatonia

Hi Cornholio,

Thanks for your response. If the girls have a Sagittarius Ascendant and a Gemini Descendant, then your natal Moon falls on their Ascendant/1st house and that compliments their Moon on your Descendant nicely :)

Catatonia

I have Aries on the Dsc, and I get a lot of Aries Moon girls.

This is not conclusive though. An Aries Moon would also oppose my Sun/Moon midpoint, trine my Sun and Moon, and may conjuct my Mars, so those Aries Moon girls can't help but be attracted.

They also usually have a Sag Asc / Gemini Dsc, and I have absolutely nothing in Gemini. In fact, I usually put my Saturn into their 7th house (bleh). I think we end up being together just because I like their Sag Ascendants.

I need to get myself a girl with an Aquarius Asc / Leo Dsc, so that my Leo Sun is on her Dsc. I knew a couple of girls like that, but the relationships were weird. The irony is that if I am in a relationship with an Aquarius Ascendant girl, then in the Composite chart Neptune falls on the Ascendant, which makes the relationship weird.

Selene

The irony is that if I am in a relationship with an Aquarius Ascendant girl, then in the Composite chart Neptune falls on the Ascendant, which makes the relationship weird.

Weird or dreamy? Do you view the relationship through rose-colored glasses? I had such a bad experience with someone whose Neptune trined my Venus...he was very deceitful!

Felt like sharing...

I used to attract needy and clingy types due to my Cancer ascendant, but with the progression into Leo that trend stopped and I actually attracted what appears to be a stable male! YEAH! :happy:

C0rnholio

Weird or dreamy? Do you view the relationship through rose-colored glasses?

One relationship I had with a with Composite Neptune on the Comp. Asc was both weird and dreamy. I met the love-of-my-life-#1 at the tender age of 7. We kissed a few times, at the time when I did not know how to kiss. Then she left the country at the age of 12 and I saw her only 3-4 times since then. We never had sex, as it tends to happen in such relationships because sex does not matter here much. Once we shared a real kiss, and that was the best kiss that I've ever had. I still love her, but I get nothing but heartache from that relationship. She is now married (second time) and has two kids, twins. I thought I almost got over her, but I saw her in a dream again two weeks ago. Thinking about her and feeling her by my side, even in a dream, makes me feel unstoppable, intoxicated high and on cloud nine - all at the same time.

Last week I met another Aquarius Ascendant girl. We had a strong connection, and I can sweep her off her feet if I want to, but again... I want to know if we would enjoy having sex. My Mars in Aries is inconjunct her Mars in Scorpio. We make each other horny with words (lots of Mercury-Mars-Venus connections), but that Mars-Mars inconjunct makes me worry. I do not want any more sexless relationships. ... Funny enough, I didn't think it was necessary to talk to her after our first and only date. It seems to me I already know everything I need to know about her, and the rest would just take very little time if we indeed start a relationship. This is the dreamy and weird Neptune influence.

Last edited:

nirvana

i think what we have is what your looking for.. My boyfriend is a rising Aquarius conjunct my mars , 7th and 8th house. Im a rising leo conjunct his 7th house. Also my rising is his descendant and vise versa

virgo18

I have my moon at one grade to conjunct my boyfriends 7th house...
thats pretty well, but Im not sure if a planet conjunct partners 7th house that can make him marrying you or vice versa.
I know that the sun, moon, venus, jupiter conjunct 7th house are very well.

scorpittarian

my saturn(ruler of my asc) is in my ex's 7H.
it should hv ended being a long term relationship but it lasted only 4 two months. he has a t-square involving moon,venus & uranus/neptune..:sad:...this is the same guy who i talk about in horaries,d one who cheated on me with other 2 girls.

i met him 2 years bk & we ended up together 4 about 2 months.
i ws recovering 4m anorexia den so feelings of infatuation,et seemed new + i ws immature...1 day,all of a sudden, i realised i never loved him...i left for another country without informing him..he called up my friend & understood it ws over. he did try getting bk after i returned but i wsnt really interested. he ws a player(n still is)but i hd little knowledge of this so its probable tht he ws cheating on me bk den as well.

after exact 2 yrs of negligible contact, we gt bk ds june bt ds time he thought of me differently(scorpionic suspicion)...ds ws my 1st serious relationship n taught me A LOT!...for him,it ws another game.

my 1st love (i think i lovd him) :
his desc conj my asc.
my ura/nept in his 7H.
his venus in my 7H

this was a long distance thing & could never settle down in2 a relationship. this guys no where near my dream guy but the emotional rapport we share cnt be ignored! we've lots of neptune in our synastry which definitely led 2 idealisation....

anjelik

My forbidden relationship (co-worker) has his Venus in Cancer and my Descendant is in Cancer. Not sure what this means.

Momma's Kumquat

how does everyone feel about someone's sun in the sign of the other's descendant but in the 6th house? does the power of the sun mean they recognise them as hard work or an ideal partner?

Lithuel

how does everyone feel about someone's sun in the sign of the other's descendant but in the 6th house? does the power of the sun mean they recognise them as hard work or an ideal partner?

It could be that the Sun person is viewed as very useful to the House person, or it could be that the Sun person brings about for the House person a new focus on 6th house issues (become more attentive to health, little chores, etc.).

In my relationship, my Saturn/Neptune/Uranus conjunction in Capricorn falls in my boyfriend's 6th house, but his Descendant is late Capricorn. His Jupiter is exactly conjunct my Descendant in Aries.

synastry planets conjunction Descendant? Imagine this :)
My Venus is exactly on his Descendant
and his Leo Mars perfectly on my Descendant,
his Mars, his Jupiter, and his Moon Node,
all three forming a tight passionate conjunction ...
OH MYYYYYYYYYYYYYY ....
let's just say... NOTHING WILL EVER BE THE SAME AGAIN!:(((
Lioness

Vagabondgirl

My boyfriend and I both have Gemini rising. His mercury conjuncts my AC, and his uranus conjuncts my DC. My chiron conjuncts his AC and my uranus conjuncts his DC. So Uranus-DC connections both ways! So it probably means a weeeeeeird relationship for us, and yes its longdistance... We both have sagittarius in the 7th, so both looking for foreigners it seems:lol:

Other than that connected to the 7th house is my AC ruler (mercury) conjunct his DC ruler (Jupiter) in Scorpio.

His AC ruler (mercury) in Gemini is conjunct my AC, and it trines my DC ruler (jupiter) in aquarius, this is also conjunct his MC, and together with his mars in libra creates a complete "grand trine". The aquarius bit is lacking in his chart to create a grand trine himself.

I see it as significant:love:

We have been together for 8 months now, longdistance relationship. But see each other like every 2-3 weeks when in normal university and working mode. We are planning to move together after I finnish my studies.

Attachments

• synastry.jpg
    synastry.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 35

WeAre

i think an easy way to investigate the feel of how the descendant works (for you) is to think of people whose suns signs fall conjunct your descendant.
..figure the day of the year that the sun is at that(same as descendant) degree...
and come up with people who have that birthday.
there is
DEFINITELY a certain feel to the relationship

the feeling is completely dependant on a number of factors, of course... mainly... how your descendant interacts with the rest of your chart...
but theres still a feeling.

i, myself, would describe it as truly and simply.... a feeling of being able to really partner up with someone... easily. whether to complete a task, have a relationship (of any sort) or whatever else, in teamwork.

however, i really dont have reason to believe contact with the descendant(s) in synastry can hold up on its own. there always has to be some sort of glue. ... in long term relationships (which it sounds like youre trying to investigate)

my experience:
with one past love interest,
his mercury was conjunct my descendant
and
my venus was conjunct his descendant

...yes, the way he talked and generally went about everything he did... just felt reaaaaalllllllllly kinship-y. i got him completely... and it really seemed to fit into how i handle partnerships.

...and both my work and my beauty and the way i generally harmonize with people really affected him... by definitely seeing me as the ideal partner. also those things about me really influenced his work. he became very "addicted" in a way to feeding off of me to feed his own creative work.

but that didnt make a partnership become reality. and we had many more "positive" aspects to our synastry to help us out further, even.

ive always tried to give neptune the benefit of the doubt in synastry,
but i am learning (on my particular path)
that especially for me (being very familar/seasoned with neptune energy)
.... that neptune can definitely stand in the way of solidifying a tangible relationship experience.

perhaps some people need to learn how to incorporate a little more feeling and faith(neptune) into their relationships.
but others can float off into that 'far away' world easily... and are really figuring out how to create tangible/solid/REAL(!in person!) relationships ...
.... and this latter crew,
i am coming to discern,
really have to watch neptune in synastry.

... which gets to the first reason i wanted to share a response:

with 2 very solid love-type experience under my belt with 2 different men...i do NOT suggest an endeavor of neptune conjunct descendant in synastry.
we are all different,
but this can be a mindf*** that is far from worth my (particular) time or energy.

lastly...
capricorn is my descendant sign...
and i do feel that a true partnership for me involves...
perhaps someone older or seemingly older. and i definitely need to be able to foresee reaching common goals with the individual. and most likely even working with them... partners in business.

so i definitely have reason to believe that the sign of our descendants is telling to how we truly view/navigate partnerships.

Betty Boo

My youngest son's sun is exactly conjunct my descendant in Taurus. I have such an easy bond with him. Our relationship feels very comfortable. I find it very easy to relate to him and we are very affectionate towards each other. He is a Taurus sun and ascendant. I'm a Gemini sun. My Juno is exactly conjunct his ascendant. I think we might have been married in a previous life, lol. It is difficult though for me with my other son. I relate so easily to my youngest and my eldest is much more challenging. I have to really work hard to make sure that my eldest (and others) do not feel excluded from the way me and the youngest relate to one another. I know that this thread is about romantic relationships but I wanted to share this parent/child synastry aspect to show how powerful an aspect sun conjunct descendant can be.

tokyo.lights

Anybody have planets conjunct their partner's descendant? If so, what are they (include sign)?

If you have any planets in the same sign as your partner's descendant, that works too. Let us know!

Who's more involved, and if it's equal, how does it play out? Are you married, dating, have kids?

Catatonia

No conjunctions but our Plutos fall into each others 7th house...we're both 7th house Pluto people anyway, so it's like we found someone who -gets- it. Most people don't understand the tragedy of this position, so we can be tragic together! :joyful: We're not married, but kind of unofficially engaged. We WERE engaged, broke it off, got back together. We do that a lot.....I'd say he's more involved than I am, kinda maybe probably because I don't try as I feel he's too good for me. I've tried moving on...with another Pisces( or Aries? I don't remember lol) strangely, but it just wasn't the same. No one else gets it. This affliction I have, he has it too! hehe kind of like we're freaks on the inside, but no one sees it but us. So it's nice to share that. My Saturn slips into his 7th which is nice for me.

All this in Libra. If he didn't have Pluto in his 7th, this all would mean nothing to me ha. Most people born in the mid/early 70s will have their Pluto conjunct my Descendant (opp my Venus), but it's meaningless. At least from my end.

kirklandmm

With my last boyfriend my Venus conjunct his DSC. My Saturn also conjunct his DSC by 3 degrees (although in the 12th). His DSC is exactly conjunct my Venus/Saturn midpoint.

My progressed Uranus exactly conjunct his progressed ASC. Although I have to say...I was not the "erratic" one in the relationship.

This was not a stable relationship. Although, I will say my Neptune is opposite his Venus and my Venus is conjunct his Neptune. I felt there were a lot of secrets on his part and constantly thought he was cheating on me...which turned out to be true :)

Knight

My love interest has ASC in Aquarius and I have Mars in leo on the 7th house. I also have my moon trine her sun... and mars trine mars.
is this any sign ?