Vertex Aspects

StarNur

Hi,

I'm looking for an interpretation on Pluto conjunct Vertex in Libra, in the 6th house.

So far this is what I've found:

[FONT=arial, helvetica][FONT=arial, helvetica][FONT=arial,]"Pluto conjunct Vertex.
The unexpected can shake you to the very depths of your being
so that you are transformed and never quite the same person
again, you take on a whole new lease of life."
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
from a sample horoscope for Condie Rice ( http://www.kozmikhoroscopes.com/rice.htm )

Does anyone have any other interpretations as to what this aspect signifies in someone's natal chart in the 6th house, and in Libra?

SimplyRed

I have vertex conjunct pluto myself. I have read the Vertex is the electric ascendent. On BMarks forum, AquariusMoon has one long thread on the Vertex. Noel Tyl states it gives the the planet special meaning.

Vertex is karmic and with pluto, expect to understand the meaning of rebirth and death themes of pluto many times in your life.

Never met anyone else who has this. Mine is seventh house cusp eight.

I have noticed any planet connected with the vertex will give a person more than their share of understanding of the planet. It is FATED.

StarNur

Thanks SimplyRed,

I checked out those sites you made reference to. They were very insightful. Where do they come up with this stuff??!!??

The Pluto/Vertex conjunction sorta scares me...especially it being in the 6th house of health and work. I'm afraid of my health suffering intensely, and I frequently feel I am in the wrong profession.

Aquamoon, quoted the sign and house placements I was looking for:

VERTEX IN LIBRA
You are expected to bring opposing
groups together, counsel or
arbitrate on a fair and equal
basis, or seek a satisfactory
compromise. You also may develop a
cooperative spirit and sense of
fair play to help yourself and
others to move forward. You can relate to
others as equals, thereby creating
inner balance and avoiding
unreasonable social demands. You
are expected to cultivate compromise and
detachment.

[added in source - Moderator - from http://www.cafeastrology.com/articles/vertexsignshousesaspects.html ]

VERTEX IN LIBRA IN 6TH HOUSE
You are expected to use your
analytical abilities and
practicality in giving service.
This is especially strong in either
working in the health fields or
dealing with your own health
problems. You could develop
leadership in the fashion or
clothing industry, using your
talent for seeing flaws that others
miss. Your ability to bring order in
your world is highly valued

I found some more interpretations, but there wasn't a source cited:

VERTEX: The Vertex has delineation notes for the 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th houses only and does not appear to be considered as worthy of house delineation in any other houses. Delineation by sign still applies. There will be times when the vertex falls in other houses.

[deleted quote over 100 words - Moderator from: http://astrologerstar.weebly.com/1/post/2011/5/vertex.html ]

Last edited by a moderator:

astro.teacher

I believe almost every one of those Vertex Signs can apply to anyone (90% of them apply to me just from reading them - way to general). As for the Houses, it was inaccurate. The problems with such things is people look a their chart and completely ignore reading the other ones. Go through them all and count how many things apply to you in every one of those and youll see what I mean.

Frisiangal

astro.teacher said:
The problems with such things is people look a their chart and completely ignore reading the other ones. Go through them all and count how many things apply to you in every one of those and youll see what I mean.

I totally agree. The experience of human nature is so complex. I once put every planet in every sign and house of my chart and could come up with something 'that would fit' every time. I do, however, believe it to be the concentration of energy in a particular spot that is applicable to astro. interpretation, although aspects made to other planets are going to channel that energy in various ways.

E.G.
My husband and I both have Vertex in the 6th house in Aquarius opposing Jupiter. Uranus is conjunct each of our M.C's. My husband is also a Sun in Sagittarius. On an everyday level I have always considered my life with him to have been somehow 'fated' because it took me away from home (Sag. rules my 4th) to settle and live abroad (Sun in 9th). Maybe my eyes would never have opened to astrology and all it encompasses in the way of 'knowledge' and 'beliefs' if I had remained within the traditions of my country of birth ( Moon in Cap.).

I've never felt to have had any influence over my husband:D.
His job was in industrial roofing, climbing ladders to Jupiterian heights was part of his everyday routine until he retired several years ago. Nary a problem. Praise Be.
Early this year, his progr. Sun was within orb conjunct his natal vertex-Jupiter opposition. Jupiter also rules his 4th house, Leo his 12th. He fell from a ladder in the garden whilst climbing to clear the guttering, shattering the Aquarius-ruled ankle on one side and the lower leg under the knee on the other (natal Uranus in Gemini?) Nothing worse. Praise Be. He is still convalescing.

I can 'fit' our separate lives and this event to astrological symbolism concerning the vertex. I can't fit them to the statements made in the written examples.......but I guess the author didn't know the circumstances surrounding our lives just as I don't know the circumstances surrounding his/her subjects. I have seldom read any 'teaching' books where complete objectivity regarding astro. symbolism takes precedence above client subjectivity.;)

F.

StarNur

Most astrology reports/readings out there produce generic interpretations like these ones.

I guess what I'm trying to do is find as many interpretations as I can till I find one that I feel hits the spot.

I have no clue what this pluto/vertex conjunction in the 6th/libra signifies. I haven't felt anything libra/6th house/pluto related come my way by "fate". I have not noticed any major "turning points" as vertex indicates relating to pluto/6th house/libra matters. The sign Scorpio is also intercepted in my 6th house. And pluto is sextile venus(rules libra)/neptune in the 7th. Mercury (rules 6th house) aspects a number of planets, asteroids and other points in my chart.

Still I have absolutely no clue what this pluto/vertex conjunction is about.

Sag Moon

It might help just to realise that Pluto Conjunct the Vertex Point will give added emphasis of the energy of Pluto and leave it at that. Now you can look at what aspects Pluto to see what type of significance.

Seeing that you have it aspecting planets in the 7th you can give this as meaning that the pluto energy is reflected into your relationships.

What do you do for work?
Are there things associated behind the scenes?
Can you share what you learn with others?
Are you very secretive in your work and how you deal with others?

Marilyn Monroe had Uranus\Mars I think in the 8th Square the Vertex point in the 5th whch did not help her in the use of drugs.

Any aspect or planet to this point will just gain added significance in the chart and leave it at that.There are more important things to consider in the chart then the Vertex point.

astro.teacher

I totally agree. The experience of human nature is so complex. I once put every planet in every sign and house of my chart and could come up with something 'that would fit' every time. I do, however, believe it to be the concentration of energy in a particular spot that is applicable to astro. interpretation, although aspects made to other planets are going to channel that energy in various ways.

You never run into these types of interpretations with Traditional (hence my bias). Its very specific but a lot of people tend to dislike specific readings because it doesnt make them feel warm and fuzzy inside. To each their own I guess.

StarNur

Hehe I guess I'm a little obsessed with Vertex at the moment (maybe that's what Pluto conjunct vertex means).

What do you do for work?
I'm an occasional teacher. Teaching is not something I dreamt of doing as a child. I wanted to be a doctor...insecurity, time and money issues put that to a halt. Yet teaching is all the work I ever seem to be getting (Saturn conjunct NN in the 5th house). For two years Ive been an occasional teacher, and for both years, the day or two after the solar eclipse in March I get pushed into taking a long-term position at one particular high school. Last year it was an unpleasant experience because I had to take over the classes of a teacher on stress leave in the middle of the school year. And this time around, so far I've been very very stressed out.

It would be nice to get a full time position, finally. But I just don't like the school I keep getting the long term position at much. I'd rather teach at a more academic school where the students are at least more respectful of teachers and like to learn.

I guess this is an example of fate at work.

Are there things associated behind the scenes?
Not that I'm aware of. Though last year the head of the science department I worked in misled me and said that the teacher I filled in for would probably retire and that I could take over for him...He said this as a way to keep me for the rest school year till exams. Not a single position was available for me in the deparment...not for externals at least, because someone else from another department picked up a position there.

This year I'm in a different subject deparment at the school. Same thing is being said to me by another department head. I'm just expecting nothing to come out of it all. If things get too much for me, and I figure out what I'm doing this summer or in the next school year, I may leave. I was applying for jobs overseas during the March break. No luck so far...but now I dont even have time to apply anymore.

Can you share what you learn with others?
That's what my job is all about! Although Mercury opposite Jupiter makes that a challenge cuz I don't know where or how to start with the wealth of information I pick up.

Are you very secretive in your work and how you deal with others?

I'm not secretive at all. I do struggle alot with not being aggressive and impatient with the kids. I have high expectations of others. I get angry or upset and stressed out when kids don't care or try. (Mercury conjunct MC, Mars, Sun - all trine my Asc)

Last edited:

Sag Moon

The questions I asked did not need to apply to you. I was trying to get you to think of the association of Pluto to other planets.

Vertex to me means that the energy of the planet that aspects it shall be increased along with the house it's associated with.

Pisceanfool

The Vertex is one of those relativly new highly debated points and thus is very difficult indeed to research effectivly. I will echo what you have read and other have said to say that the general consensus is that it relates to "fate". This can be realized due to many factors explained on the sites you linked and you have seen i'm sure. For example, my vertex is in virgo/7th and is heavly aspected forming one of the tips of my star of david (see chart in sig). I have had many relationships which i believe to be fated, but i have yet to have neptune or pluto strongly transit it (i'll find out in 2012 when pluto trines it most likley) and both of them are the most closely aspected. Neptune is my one of the rulers of my chart after all.

I have also found that the vertex can relate to cosmic understanding in relation to the planet it closely aspects, conjunction being the most potent. So to echo once again... you will most likely have a very good understanding of all things pluto at some point in your life (or maybe you always have had them). Be careful, Pluto is one powerful planet... for good or ill. The vertex's "fate" can't be avoided since it always falls in the right side of natal charts meaning it relates to outside factors.

Hope this helps clarify, there really isn't much on the vertex other then what has been discussed. Just think about what pluto/6th house/Libra can mean about understanding or "fate". You may experience a drastic trasformation of some kind, be that via rebrith or death and not just in the sense of mortality. This will most likely be brought upon by external forces. Watch pluto's transits carefully.

Last edited:

StarNur

Thanks Pisceanfool.

Transiting Pluto has been conjunct my natal Venus/Neptune in Sag in the 7th house for awhile, hence it's also been sextile Pluto/Vertex.

Still looking forward to finding that one "soulmate"...I've encountered quite a few rotten apples along the way. All in all I don't care for romance or love affairs anymore. I just want to find someone I'm compatible with and just settle down already.

Sag Moon

So StarNur what did you learn for yourself concerning this point?

I have found that it is good to put what you personally learned about something as sometimes writing to others will help you to understand what it's all about!

StarNur

Hi SagMoon,

I actually didn't consider the aspect vertex made with my 7th house venus/neptune before.

One of the articles I posted said that vertex can be activated by transit or by aspecting someone else's planets.

Well I have transiting pluto sextile natal vertex/pluto, and my vertex is conjunct the pluto of many people born around my time...What does this mean? I think Im so used to pluto-vertex contacts that I can't tell the difference. Also it seems to me that pluto and vertex have similar meanings and I think that could make it another problem in distinguishing the affect each has on the other.

I think this is going to require some conscious long-term analysis in the future. As for the past, again, it's hard to say because this idea is so fresh in my mind that I have to think back and recall anything of significance that could be related to this...actually some of my past seems so unreal and elusive to me, like I tried to erase or forget about it. I try to learn from the past, then leave it behind me and start over again on a clean slate (maybe this could be something?). If I find some connection I'll try to post it.

Last edited:

Sag Moon

Do not get caught up with the thought about others being born when you were as we ar all different.

I know of one person that knows of others born the moment close to themselves that became famous while they are little known.

We are all born with different talents and different gifts even if we were born side by side with another.

One example of this was they were in labor at the same time as another women. the other was born stillborn while her child made it through.

I have meet people boen the same day as myself before.Then there are others born that are our twins that are born different days on the otehr side of the world. They do not have the same talents as I or I of them.

Look at yourself knowing that your a different person then anyone else,born with a different purpose and astrological make up.

I stand by my posting and that is that your Vertex point conjunct to Pluto only means that there is certain traits that are involved to make your purpose emphsized through Pluto. It does not make it as important as any other aspect.

What it means to me is that you have a special talent having to do with Pluto in the 6th. It allows you to use the talent of teachig that may tranform others for the better. A certain healing ability through teaching.

You must learn to be patient for those that you show things to in order for them to reach their true potential. They must not see your frustration because that shall hinder their development. That I know from experience. Having them see your frustration will hinder their trust of teaching which throws out what you are trying to accomplish through teaching.

If you are frusttrated these kids will lack trust with other teachers. That has to be overcome.
From now on I would like you to try this.
Everytime you feel the frustration know that the emotion is occuring and stop and take a deep breath and will the feeling away saying "I will this to frustration to leave now!" and then cheerfully continue your discussion with a smile on your face. That will allow you to let go of the emotion and allow others to know that you are happy with what you are doing.

We never reach the fullest potential we are capable of and you and I are no different. There is always room for further growth.Not even Tiger Woods is the best he could be even though he outpaces all others in his field.This week at one point he was like 7th and cameback to take the lead as one example and I do not golf.

Pluto is a tranforming planet and you can transform the lives of others through the use of plutonic energy is what your pluto is saying in the 6th and conjunct the Vertex point.hving it aspected to the 7th planets reinforces this ability to others.

Try to remember this.

Last edited:

StarNur

Hi Sag Moon :)

Do not get caught up with the thought about others being born when you were as we ar all different.

I know of one person that knows of others born the moment close to themselves that became famous while they are little known.

We are all born with different talents and different gifts even if we were born side by side with another.

One example of this was they were in labor at the same time as another women. the other was born stillborn while her child made it through.

I have meet people boen the same day as myself before.Then there are others born that are our twins that are born different days on the otehr side of the world. They do not have the same talents as I or I of them.

Look at yourself knowing that your a different person then anyone else,born with a different purpose and astrological make up.

I have to remind myself of what you're saying here at times. Looks like I also have to work on my communication...the point I was trying to make in my last post was more along the lines of honestly not being able to clearly feel, notice, or understand how the the pluto-vertex aspect works in my chart...possibly because its activated by transit (the long Pluto transit) or synastry (pluto conjunctions in my age bracket).

I feel like I have a lot to offer in any line of work I do take on. If I feel like I'm lacking in skill, I'll work on that. I'm not one to take my work lightly...if or when I do take that little break I always get burned or stressed out in some way. It's all or nothing.

You must learn to be patient for those that you show things to in order for them to reach their true potential. They must not see your frustration because that shall hinder their development. That I know from experience. Having them see your frustration will hinder their trust of teaching which throws out what you are trying to accomplish through teaching.

If you are frusttrated these kids will lack trust with other teachers. That has to be overcome.
From now on I would like you to try this.
Everytime you feel the frustration know that the emotion is occuring and stop and take a deep breath and will the feeling away saying "I will this to frustration to leave now!" and then cheerfully continue your discussion with a smile on your face. That will allow you to let go of the emotion and allow others to know that you are happy with what you are doing.

Yes this part of me worries me...I have a hard time keeping my frustrations in...I have Sun/Mars is conjunct Mecury on my MC and is also trine Asc, so I let it be known. Thanks for the tips. I will try this technique!

Another problem is that I'm quick to forgive and forget and am too compassionate for my own good (Pisces Moon, 11th house). Sometimes I can be over-lenient and forget my limits. When I give so much of my time and energy, and kids just totally disregard and walk over that is when I get angry...I seem to go in cycles of being overly-strict and then over-lenient (Moon opposite Saturn in Virgo in the 5th). Striving to find the right balance and limits has been challenging for me.

We never reach the fullest potential we are capable of and you and I are no different. There is always room for further growth.

Very true.

Thanks for your help Sag Moon... I see you have a Sag Moon. What degree is it in? I wonder if it's conjunct my Venus/Neptune, because I get a good vibe about you.

I've been pleasantly surprised with the response I've gotten on this message board. Many knowledgeable and helpful people on here. :)

Last edited:
I have been undergoing some strange things lately and I am in need of honest feedback regarding this aspect of vertex 6th house and Pluto. I've been on a spiritual hyper jump and transformation which lead me to the pulls of the planets, their energies, and the truth of astrology as I see it and look more into it. I have done much research and found differing conclusions on my own of which I don't know what's really going on without outside help. I am so to speak confused? But I know there is the truth out there and for some reason I've been obsessing on trying to figure out what the true meaning of my chart is. I'm recording bizarre dreams, unexplainable abilities, and I feel this internal struggle without being able to figure out exactly what it is I struggle with. I have this obsession with complete world chaos and urge to move to ohio or out of country for fear of what I feel an dream. Why Ohio? Who knows lol. In a nutshell I am growing into myself, what does this vertex in Scorpio 6th degree mean? Am I predicting my own demise? Or of thousands here in california including my kids. I'm not business or money oriented so the interpretTions given on my chart explains somethings that Are too reAl. Im worried, plutO is in Scorpio for me, in fact I was born in may 88, and after tonight I've found may 89 was some world changing event? I don't want to sound crazy but I've been feeling odd, strange things are happening, I'm willing things in existence and not on purpose, and I know things that I don't have a clue how I know them but im right. People around me are becoming freaked out.... Can some one just fill me in on what's really the truth? And why I'm so afraid to turn 24 ever since I was a kid? Why I'm encountering strange things lately And what all this means? I'm reaching Out as a last resort before I declare myself bonkers....my life is teeter-tottering right now and whether I receive good or bAd news is fine with me, as long as it's honest. So I can prepare ? Have piece of mind? Please repost on thread or email me, I've copied the text version of my chart? This Pluto, vertex, 6th house, scorpio thing is weirding me out, and how is this flowing together so nicely with other zodiacs or planets when I'm aTaurus-Gemini cusp? (may 21st bday)?! Please explain! I really would be grateful for some honest feedback. Zodiac: Tropical

House System: Placidus

Planets Houses Aspects
Planets

Planet Glyph Sign Location Motion Glyph
Sun ☉ Gem 00Gem39 D ♊
Moon ☾ Leo 06Leo38 D ♌
Mercury ☿ Gem 22Gem34 D ♊
Venus ♀ Can 00Can26 D ♋
Mars ♂ Aqu 29Aqu29 D ♒
Jupiter ♃ Tau 17Tau05 D ♉
Saturn ♄ Cap 01Cap18 R ♑
Uranus ♅ Cap 00Cap12 R ♑
Neptune ♆ Cap 09Cap47 R ♑
Pluto ♇ Sco 10Sco38 R ♏
Chiron Chir Gem 27Gem56 D ♊
Ceres Cere Pis 21Pis22 D ♓
Pallas Pall Aqu 20Aqu04 D ♒
Juno Juno Gem 03Gem26 D ♊
Vesta Vest Leo 10Leo50 D ♌
Node Node Pis 19Pis40 R ♓
Lilith Lili Vir 00Vir51 D ♍
Fortune Fort Pis 08Pis16 D ♓
Vertex Vert Lib 20Lib02 D ♎
East Point East Tau 00Tau23 D ♉
Houses

House Sign Location Glyph
1 Tau 14Tau15 ♉
2 Gem 12Gem40 ♊
3 Can 04Can41 ♋
4 Can 26Can16 ♋
5 Leo 21Leo59 ♌
6 Vir 27Vir33 ♍
7 Sco 14Sco15 ♏
8 Sag 12Sag40 ♐
9 Cap 04Cap41 ♑
10 Cap 26Cap16 ♑
11 Aqu 21Aqu59 ♒
12 Pis 27Pis33 ♓
Aspects

Planet Aspect Planet
♀ ☍ ♄
☉ ☌ Juno
♄ ☌ ♅
♀ ☍ ♅
☾ ◻ ♇
☉ ◻ ♂
♇ ◻ Vest
☿ △ Pall
☾ ☌ Vest
♃ ◻ Pall
♆ ✶ ♇
☾ ✶ Juno
☉ ◻ Lili
♀ △ ♂
☿ ◻ Cere
♂ ✶ ♄
☉ ✶ ☾
♀ ☌ Chir
♂ ✶ ♅
♀ ✶
Pall △ Vert
♄ △ Lili
♄ △
♄ ☍ Chir
☿ △ Vert
♂ ◻ Juno
♀ ✶ Lili
♇ △ Fort
♅ △
♅ ☍ Chir
Cere ☌ Node
♅ △ Lili
♆ ✶ Fort
☿ ☌ Chir
♂ △ Chir
♂ ✶
♂ ☍ Lili
Juno ◻ Fort
♃ ☍ ♇
Lili △
♃ ✶ Cere
♃ ✶ Node
♃ ◻ Vest
Juno ◻ Lili
☿ ◻ Node
☉ ◻ Fort
Chir ✶
Chir ◻ Cere
☿ △ ♂
Chir ✶ Lili

Vagabondgirl

I have Sun in Libra conjunct Vertex. My sun is otherwise almost unaspected, with only a wide orb sextile from Uranus in the 7th. Other than that Sun/Vertex square MC/IC.

Actually a half year ago I finally ended a serious relationship and had not been single in 5-6 years because I used to overlap with someone new, and the ex the last time. At the time I ended it Saturn was transiting my Vertex.... And now Im sort of getting involved with someone with his natal Saturn at that exact same position as the transit a half year ago, conjunct my vertex. But now saturn went retro and is conjunct my Sun/Moon midpoint instead. So its interesting:)