Saturn conjunct natal moon...always difficult?

Tanya00

Saturn is currently conjunct my DC (1°), transiting into my 7th house , and conjunct my natal moon (2°) in Libra
I gather this will have more of an effect on my emotions, with my natal moon being involved...

I was curious to know if anyone here has had this transit and experienced it's "effects", if any. In researching the transit, it seems as though ( as with saturn transits in general ) it will be difficult, since Saturn set to "teach" and recognize "lessons" that we need to learn. But has anyone had positive experiences when experiencing this transit?

I don't know if this effects/will effect my experiences, but my natal Saturn sits in my 7th house (in Scorpio 7° 33') and I feel as though I'm pretty familiar with it's "energies" to where I think the effects of this transit wouldn't be as "depressing" as the most the interpretations imply:

"The Moon is your emotions and feelings, your instincts. Saturn rules depression, especially the stressful aspects (conjunction, square, and opposition)"
http://www.bobmarksastrologer.com/transitsSaturn18.4.htm

This can be a somewhat depressing time, due to family financial worries or unpleasant memories. People around you tend to be cold and lacking sympathy.
http://www.astroscoped.com/astrology/saturn_transits.shtml

Although, I do like the sound of this one :smile: :

A time for deep probing, during which you may be forced to witness and work through some of your more inward and emotional issues -- getting to know yourself psychologically. This could result in a serious relationship, perhaps even marriage.
http://horoscopeswithin.com/saturn_transit.php

What are your thoughts on this transit? :smile:

Vista

Saturn is currently conjunct my DC (1°), transiting into my 7th house , and conjunct my natal moon (2°) in Libra
I gather this will have more of an effect on my emotions, with my natal moon being involved...

I was curious to know if anyone here has had this transit and experienced it's "effects", if any. In researching the transit, it seems as though ( as with saturn transits in general ) it will be difficult, since Saturn set to "teach" and recognize "lessons" that we need to learn. But has anyone had positive experiences when experiencing this transit?

I don't know if this effects/will effect my experiences, but my natal Saturn sits in my 7th house (in Scorpio 7° 33') and I feel as though I'm pretty familiar with it's "energies" to where I think the effects of this transit wouldn't be as "depressing" as the most the interpretations imply:

"The Moon is your emotions and feelings, your instincts. Saturn rules depression, especially the stressful aspects (conjunction, square, and opposition)"
http://www.bobmarksastrologer.com/transitsSaturn18.4.htm

This can be a somewhat depressing time, due to family financial worries or unpleasant memories. People around you tend to be cold and lacking sympathy.
http://www.astroscoped.com/astrology/saturn_transits.shtml

Although, I do like the sound of this one :smile: :

A time for deep probing, during which you may be forced to witness and work through some of your more inward and emotional issues -- getting to know yourself psychologically. This could result in a serious relationship, perhaps even marriage.
http://horoscopeswithin.com/saturn_transit.php

What are your thoughts on this transit? :smile:

When I had this transit it broke up a relationship which caused me a lot of depression. This transit happened in my 4th house. If you have a relationship, it could cause some problems. It could also bring a relationship to you with someone who is a little older. It can also be problems with the mother. How is your Moon aspected natally?

Kuntuzangmo

Hi Tanya,
I have natal moon conj Saturn in Cap. 5th h.
I think the positive qualities of the conjunction is that it gives some sort of discipline regarding the emotions, and perhaps empathy.
The more challenging qualities may be that there's also an emotional reserve...some may see one as distant and hard to connect with on the deepest levels.
Of course how these play out depend very much on the rest of the chart.
Also Vista brought up mother issues above. These also play into it, no doubt.
Cheers,
kz

RayAustin

Saturn is the author of misfortune and will, always be difficult in hard aspects such as the conjunction. It is also however teacher through these 'misfortunes'.

For you a libran Saturn isn't so bad; though the Moon and Saturn don't get a long. It might be very constructive towards a relationship. Depending if you are in one already or not. With libra sign and 7th house its lessons are definitely going to manifest through your relationships.

Last edited:

Kuntuzangmo

Saturn is the author of misfortune and will, always be difficult unless involved with aspects to Jupiter (and to a lesser extent Venus).

I disagree with that assertion, Ray. Saturn teaches one about structure, stability, responsibility, loyalty etc...all the good qualities of Capricorn. It is only difficult if one has extreme aversion to such things, in my modest opinion.
Cheers.

RayAustin

I disagree with that assertion, Ray. Saturn teaches one about structure, stability, responsibility, loyalty etc...all the good qualities of Capricorn. It is only difficult if one has extreme aversion to such things, in my modest opinion.
Cheers.

Never said Saturn isn't capable of teaching lessons. It's my belief that these 'misfortunes' are a source of such learning and I will edit that post to make it more obvious. When Saturn is well placed its better virtues are easily expressed without the native necessarily having to struggle to learn it. :smile:

I tend to speak in a manner of definites (which most people are uncomfortable with) which is the nature of traditional astrology; hard aspects to Saturn will always manifest as struggles or something negative (unless there are some good aspects/sign placement to mitigate it). Edited to say: This last paragraph isn't so much my opinion as it is the consensus of all ancient astrologers and those who practice traditional astrology.

r.a. :)

Last edited:

Tanya00

Interesting points!
Vista:
It could also bring a relationship to you with someone who is a little older. It can also be problems with the mother. How is your Moon aspected natally?

I'd say its a mixed bag of sorts with my natal moon. I posted my natal w/ transits if you'd like to take a look. I'm so curious as to how this transit will play out...
Funny you mention it - I'm not in a relationship now, but I do have a little crush on a man 13 years my senior (with a Venus/Pluto/Vertex conjunctions our synastry, but that's whole other post :joyful: ), but I do tend to date older men in general.
And I don't/have never had a relationship with my mother so I'm wondering how that will be affected as well...

I'm "ok" and somewhat comfortable with Saturn transits, because I feel I've been dealing with his strong influence throughout my life (especially my childhood). But it's lookin' like I have no choice but to be comfortable with it's transits, because it about to enter my lovely stellium in the 7th house over the next couple (10ish?) years :andy:

:smile:

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-11-02 at 12.25.08 PM.jpg
    Screen shot 2010-11-02 at 12.25.08 PM.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:

Claire19

You need to track only those aspects that also appear natally.
They are triggered off by transits and progressions and hence is the basis of predictability. You dont have a Saturn Moon connection natally so it will be no big deal. You may have a reality check with matters dealing with your one to one encounters, partnerships, committed contracts, best friends and sometimes legal matters that are the province of the 7th house. It can mean a visit to the doctor and other consultants... YOu have a loaded 7th and when Saturn comes along to conjunct SUn and Mercury is when you will feel the effects according to your life situation and it is always karmic, reaping what is sown from the past. Good and bad. With that in mind we can act accordingly.

Claire19

Saturn is the author of misfortune and will, always be difficult unless involved with aspects to Jupiter (and to a lesser extent Venus).

Cheers.
I agree. Saturn gives maturity and responsibility and without it we simply dont progress or grow stronger. It is not a fun planet but can give satisfaction for work well done.....in whatever sphere. It is the reality check and gives the wisdom of experience. Saturn with Venus and/or Jupiter will not always give a easy ride either. The danger is making these generalised statements is that the natal chart is not being taken into consideration for the individual.

Tanya00

You need to track only those aspects that also appear natally.
They are triggered off by transits and progressions and hence is the basis of predictability. You dont have a Saturn Moon connection natally so it will be no big deal. .

Ahhhhhh.....now I see! When T Saturn conjunct N moon in mid-november, it (the "effects") won't be as "lasting" as if I had a natal conjunction between the two.

I never thought to look at the progressions w/ the natal and transits... it makes it a lot more clearer in terms of aspects I should be looking out for in the long term that will have more of an impact...
Before I just looked at every transit and just thought every transit had the same amount of "impact" as the next. That makes me feel a lot better!

Thanks Claire19 :)

Attachments

• N.Tr.Prog.jpg
    N.Tr.Prog.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 33

dreamtimez

I know 2 people with this aspect ... Saturn conjoined Moon.

The first person a man has this in his 12th house (Cancer). His asc is also Cancer. This person is the most secretive person I have ever known. He is very emotional but finds it difficult to articulate them. During Saturn over Moon he broke up with his long term girlfriend (rather she left him) and met someone else. Yes, she's a bit older than him.

The other person I know is a woman. She had this conjunction in late Virgo. She is also a reserved person and prone to depression. She divorced just 3 months back. Can't say for sure whether it was the Saturn transit exactly ... but probably it was.

Mist Knacker

According to Vedic Astrology, you are currently currently going through a Saturn Sade Sati period. You are in the second phase of it as Saturn is currently in your Moon sign. Your Vedic Moon sign is Virgo, and Saturn is currently transiting that sign (in the sidereal zodiac, which is used in Vedic Astrology).

Saturn Sade Sati is in effect when Saturn transits:
-the sign preceding your Moon sign (first phase)
-your Moon sign (second phase)
-the sign after your Moon sign (third phase)

The period lasts for 7.5 years and is generally difficult with the second phase usually being the hardest.

Here are some pages about Saturn Sade Sati.
http://www.boloji.com/astro/00331.htm
http://www.vedicsciences.com/saturn.htm
http://cafejyotish.com/?p=80

Inside Out Orange

Saturn is the author of misfortune and will, always be difficult in hard aspects such as the conjunction. It is also however teacher through these 'misfortunes'.

I have to disagree.

I had Saturn conjunct natal moon in 4th house back in Aug 2007. Also Pluto was trine it from Sag.

It happened during one of the best months of my life. Even with hindsight I cannot suggest that it led to anything bad. Except a broken heart but hey, it's better to have loved than never to have loved at all ...

Mist Knacker

I have to disagree.

I had Saturn conjunct natal moon in 4th house back in Aug 2007. Also Pluto was trine it from Sag.

It happened during one of the best months of my life. Even with hindsight I cannot suggest that it led to anything bad. Except a broken heart but hey, it's better to have loved than never to have loved at all ...
One factor that affects how you experience Saturn transits is the functional nature of your natal Saturn placement.

Your Vedic rising sign (Lagna) is Aries.

According to this page, Saturn is a functional benefic for that rising sign.
http://www.mywebastrologer.com/knowyourplanet.asp

Some Vedic astrologers assess the functional nature of a planet by only checking to see if its Moolatrikona sign rules any of the Dusthana houses (6th House, 8th House, 12th House). Dusthana houses are associated with problems that we face in life. Planets which have their Moolatrikona signs ruling any of these houses are functional malefics in a chart.

For your rising sign, Saturn rules a Kendra house (H10) with Capricorn over it and an Upachaya house (H11) with Aquarius, its Moolatrikona sign, over it.

However, there are other Vedic astrologers who give the house that the planet's Moolatrikona sign rules priority when assessing its functional nature. Aquarius is over your 11th House. Based on this, your Saturn is a functional malefic, but this effect is reduced somewhat due to it also ruling a Kendra (Capricorn over H10).
http://varahamihira.blogspot.com/2004/06/functional-nature-of-planets-ii-aries.html

Last edited:

Claire19

Ahhhhhh.....now I see! When T Saturn conjunct N moon in mid-november, it (the "effects") won't be as "lasting" as if I had a natal conjunction between the two.

I never thought to look at the progressions w/ the natal and transits... it makes it a lot more clearer in terms of aspects I should be looking out for in the long term that will have more of an impact... Before I just looked at every transit and just thought every transit had the same amount of "impact" as the next. That makes me feel a lot better!

Thanks Claire19 :)
This is a common error that is made. i.e. Jupiter through the 5th and they didnt win anything in the lottery..boo hoo. why not?????? No planets there natally perhaps and other back-up signifies that it was not their fate or karma.

However it simplifies things doesnt it!!
No life changing event occurs without the co-operation of the natal chart as the basis always to be used......if a progression, transit is also involved with the particular aspects it is absolutely inevitable happening. The beauty of foreknowledge of transits is that we can act in the best way to receive a karmic credit perhaps..... Saturn says work hard, grow up and get real and be a good student and then you can become the good teacher.... and satisfaction eventually comes.:smile: Saturn Lord of Karma. takes away that which is no longer viable and it is often painful, yes but opens the door to a newer wiser life......

Last edited:

kirlie

Saturn is conjunct my moon in the 5th house right now. I started to get a pretty depressed when Saturn was about 2 1/2 degrees from my moon. Then I read somewhere that Saturn in the 5th is about using our vital energy in a responsable and productive way. I really wish I could remember where I read that. But anyway, I started making sure I was busy. I forced myself to get out of my home, be more active, and to start working out. My depression lifted and I actually feel pretty good. I guess what Saturn has taught me so far is that when I do what I'm supposed to be doing things are ok. It's when I'm not that I have problems, lol. Saturn isn't anywhere close to being done with me. He's already squared himself, hit my Pluto, is right on top of my Moon, is about to oppose my Sun, and then will move on to finish off with my Uranus and Vertex. This is all going to be over the two years. But, I really feel like I've learned a tremendous amount already. Do I get frustrated with how slow things seem to be moving? Yes! Do I get depressed once in a while? Absolutely! But life with Saturn isn't all doom and gloom. I think at the end of this I will have a much more fullfilling life emotional, and professional life. I say professional because my 5th house ruler is in the 10th house and I am feeling Saturn in my career.

Nexus7

That was one of the most productive years creatively for me. Things just came together and crystallised, from an artist point of viewI was particularly inspired by a trip to Lanzarote and the volcano park I got to visit there. I also wrote skits foran amateur theatre group, so it was creative from a writing point of view too.

But the 'separative' sides of Saturn did make themselves felt too, with the tragic death of someone that broke up the community I had then been involved with. The results of the General Election did not indicate the wind was blowing in a better direction either and exhibitlon time also coincided with a Black Wednesday, but that might have been transitttingJupiter on MC, squaring Saturn.

Inside Out Orange

I'd be interested to know whether there is a difference in effect when Saturn is conjunct natal moons of different signs. (And that ignores their house placements and aspects which could also have effect).

I have a few Libra moons in my life. They all seem to deny emotions. At least the negative ones like sadness and anger particularly. They just invoke logic and repress any emotion. I'd assume that saturn restricts the flow of emotion and therefore saturn conjunct a libra moon will sit fairly comfortably with no obvious effect. I'm guessing that it would take a transit of Neptune or Pluto to help the native open up to deeper emotional responses and learn to embra embrace emotions.

I wonder how a saturn conjunction would affect a more emotional moon sign (e.g. pisces/cancer). Would it make them more rational, or would it create difficulty because they can't express the emotions they're feeling?!

My daughter has her moon at 16Libra, so I'll keep an eye on this transit for her when it hits at end of Dec.

Nexus7

I think the important thing is that the transit conjunct is not the same thing as, say, a transit square - there is no conflict of interest, as might be the case with the latter. Saturn and Moon may not be natural 'friends' but with the transit conjunct, both may well 'want' the same things. Something like a transit square can be really tough, at least the last ones to date in my life have been, because then the demands of each planet have been at loggerheads.