Navamsa chart is bad, spoling natal?

retinoid

My natal/rasi chart is okay. For example Jupiter is in Cancer in the second house. But in the navamsa, it is in the 12th house in Libra which makes it bad...does this mean Jupiter will be a malefic in my chart? My sun is also in Libra in the 12th and so is Ketu while in my rasi they were in the 6th and 3rd respectively. Saturn, which was in Capricorn in the 8th is now in Pisces in the 5th. So is my whole chart spoiled due to the bad placements in the navamsa?

Attachments

• navmasa.jpg
    navmasa.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 49

Carris

My natal/rasi chart is okay. For example Jupiter is in Cancer in the second house. But in the navamsa, it is in the 12th house in Libra which makes it bad...does this mean Jupiter will be a malefic in my chart? My sun is also in Libra in the 12th and so is Ketu while in my rasi they were in the 6th and 3rd respectively. Saturn, which was in Capricorn in the 8th is now in Pisces in the 5th. So is my whole chart spoiled due to the bad placements in the navamsa?
No. It is actually very good because navamsa shows the tendency of the planets. Jupiter, sun and ketu in 12th in navamsa mean that these planets operate in a very spiritual or satvik manner.

retinoid

No. It is actually very good because navamsa shows the tendency of the planets. Jupiter, sun and ketu in 12th in navamsa mean that these planets operate in a very spiritual or satvik manner.

but isn't the 12th house a bad house in vedic? It is a spiritual house but also a house of seclusion, losses, etc. So if my Jupiter is there does that mean it is associated with that or that I need to be spiritual for Jupiter and the Sun's energy to show in my life?

anoop.indirapuramghazibad

1. I agree that certain planets are not placed as you were expecting in Navmamsha chart, but before thinking like this, you have to see Ashtakvarga Points for Jupiter or other planets.
2. First impact on natal will be of D-1 (Rashi chart), Nav. Chart only confirms or shows betterment or down trend, but can not over rule promises shown in D-1, impacts can be more or less, is different issue.
3. Regarding different matters, we have to see various charts like D-3, D-4, D-7, D-10, D11, D-12, D-16, etc.
4. Ashtakvarg points will also give impact on natal.

retinoid

1. I agree that certain planets are not placed as you were expecting in Navmamsha chart, but before thinking like this, you have to see Ashtakvarga Points for Jupiter or other planets.
2. First impact on natal will be of D-1 (Rashi chart), Nav. Chart only confirms or shows betterment or down trend, but can not over rule promises shown in D-1, impacts can be more or less, is different issue.
3. Regarding different matters, we have to see various charts like D-3, D-4, D-7, D-10, D11, D-12, D-16, etc.
4. Ashtakvarg points will also give impact on natal.

There is a saying that the birth chart is a tree and the navamsa is the fruit. Is it possible that if you follow the birth chart, this will be the 'fruits' of what happens? So if I serve others (Sun in six rashi) I will achieve spiritual inspiration (Sun in twelfth nav.)? If I enjoy the material world and am charitable (Jupiter in second rashi) I will achieve spiritual inspiration (Juputer in twelfth nav.)? If I am competitive, and overly sexual (mars in 5th rashi) then I will encounter losses/obstacles (mars in 8th rashi)? Idk just a thought. Also some vedic astrologers only use the navamsa to predict marriage and don't use it for inferring anything from the natal.

anoop.indirapuramghazibad

For prediction purpose, D-9, is a great help, but if there is a variation of time for few minutes then degrees of Lagna (Asc.) will differ. This will change Asc. of D-9, and entire chart will change. Because Asc. degree will be divided in 9 parts and then will be placed accordingly. So, your planet house will be changed, yes rashi will remain same, in case of Moon also there may be a change.
So, D-9 certainly gives us perfect idea but accuracy of time is must.
Regarding spouse or your partner will be checked from D-9, regarding other behavior we have to see from other charts. Shadbal, strengths of planets, Ashtak Varg, shodya pind etc.
But basic is promise from Birth chart.

sandstone

Banned
just curious retinoid - are you switching into sidereal when you do the navamsha chart or leaving it in tropical?

for anyone here - does anyone know of a good book on understanding how to use the navamsha chart, or a history on how it is used in india? thanks.

retinoid

just curious retinoid - are you switching into sidereal when you do the navamsha chart or leaving it in tropical?

for anyone here - does anyone know of a good book on understanding how to use the navamsha chart, or a history on how it is used in india? thanks.

I am leaving it in tropical or the 'sayana' ayanamsa.

dr. farr

Retinoid:
NO your whole chart (rasi chart) is not spoiled due to navamsa placements, although these placements act as a modification, but then so do the drekkana placements and also the dwasdashima palcements as well; and of course the D30 and, ultimately, the D60 (karma varga) indications, show even deeper levels of life trends. These varga charts are much like the "harmonic" charts of certain approaches to Modernist astrology, and investigation into them (varga or "harmonic" charts) allows one to explore ever more deeply into trends/counter trends, and potentialities, beyond the obvious (ie, beyond the "original" natal-rasi-chart) In contemporary Vedic astrology, generally the rasi and navamsa charts are investigated, but Parasara (and others in the ancient past) urged that all the varga charts (divisional charts) be taken into consideration before final prognostication is made-quite a task!!

Sandstone:
A couple of informative books specifically about navamsa and divisional charts (varga charts, "Vedic harmonic charts")
+"Navamsa in Astrology" , C.S. Patel
+"Vargas: a Vedic Approach", R. Kumar
+"Predict Comprehensively through Divisional Charts", V.P. Goel

(these books generally available on the internet, specifically available from astroamerica.com)

dhundhun

As I seen your chart earlier, Jupiter is in Gemini.

sandstone

Banned
thank you everyone for the response and feedback..

dr farr - have you read all 3 and if so what do you think of the one on the bottom of you list? thanks..

dr. farr

It is a complex book, but quite valuable for someone who has already made a rather extensive study of basic Vedic astrological concepts and methods; for a very good specific concentration on navamsa, I would recommend the Patel book.

crazedrat

Banned
To say it's spoiled is overgeneralizing. The D9 chart shows the reciprocity between yourself and others. What you expect from both yourself and others in relationships. The way you abstractly model people. The way you infer other peoples inner world, abstractly; and how you tie together multiple perspectives. It has a spiritual and interpersonal significance, which is why vedism reveres it. Jainism is an emphasis of the importance of d9s / the 9th house. And D9 is an extrapolation of the 9th house.

Your Jupiter in d9 in libra is in exchange with Venus in sagi. HOuse 12 is the natural house of Jupiter. Jupiter in libra is not great but not terrible.

Ketu / jupiter / sun all in association is good. The planets go well together. Sun is exalted in the nakshatras of ketu [ashwini, magha] & guru is friend to both sun & ketu.

Ketu in libra is not bad. The 12th house is also argued to be the natural house of ketu.

Your main problem is the debilitated sun, but only if you see debilitated planets as problems. Debilitated planets show willingness to confront issues which other people gloss over and in ways they're actually strengths.

A good example is mercury in virgo compared to pisces. Mercury in virgo uses language in very objective terms. They think and speak mechanically. They tend to assume objective definitions for words. But in reality there is no definitive objective standard for language; language is partially relative and it's defined, in part, subjectively. Once you delve into relativism, communication starts to break down, which is what mercury in pisces does. So while it's debilitated, that doesn't make it less significant or somehow wrong in comparison.

You have Rahu in the 9th house, which probably has more to do with your troubles than your d9.

Last edited:

sandstone

Banned
i am curious, is a reading of the navamsha chart in tropical something that happens very often? i am also curious to know what the interpretation is if a planet in the navamsha chart is on the same degree of the ascendant or even another angle in the natal? one last question - a conjunction of the nodal axis with a planet in the navamsha chart probably implies something too.. if anyone would care to comment - great.. if any of this is covered in the book by patel that is good because i ordered the book last night..

dr. farr

Only a very small % of practitioners using Vedic follow tropical (the term is sayana school followers, probably less than 1% of jyotishi use this-99% are followers of the nirayana school, ie, sidereal zodiac as basis for delineations) I think more precise explanations of your other questions will be found in the Patel book.

sandstone

Banned
thanks dr. farr! i will start with the patel book and see how it goes.. since the navamsha chart is so central to vedic astrology and identical to the 9th harmonic chart, excluding the zodiac distinction, i am most curious to know how the indian astrologers view this chart..

retinoid

To say it's spoiled is overgeneralizing. The D9 chart shows the reciprocity between yourself and others. What you expect from both yourself and others in relationships. The way you abstractly model people. The way you infer other peoples inner world, abstractly; and how you tie together multiple perspectives. It has a spiritual and interpersonal significance, which is why vedism reveres it. Jainism is an emphasis of the importance of d9s / the 9th house. And D9 is an extrapolation of the 9th house.

Your Jupiter in d9 in libra is in exchange with Venus in sagi. HOuse 12 is the natural house of Jupiter. Jupiter in libra is not great but not terrible.

Ketu / jupiter / sun all in association is good. The planets go well together. Sun is exalted in the nakshatras of ketu [ashwini, magha] & guru is friend to both sun & ketu.

Ketu in libra is not bad. The 12th house is also argued to be the natural house of ketu.

Your main problem is the debilitated sun, but only if you see debilitated planets as problems. Debilitated planets show willingness to confront issues which other people gloss over and in ways they're actually strengths.

A good example is mercury in virgo compared to pisces. Mercury in virgo uses language in very objective terms. They think and speak mechanically. They tend to assume objective definitions for words. But in reality there is no definitive objective standard for language; language is partially relative and it's defined, in part, subjectively. Once you delve into relativism, communication starts to break down, which is what mercury in pisces does. So while it's debilitated, that doesn't make it less significant or somehow wrong in comparison.

You have Rahu in the 9th house, which probably has more to do with your troubles than your d9.

Thanks crazed rat...I thoughht rahu in the 9th house was good though?

crazedrat

Banned
Rahu and ketu always cause difficulty. But I don't know what your problem is, to say whether it's actually associated with your 9th house / D9. Can you describe the problem?

Last edited:

bardevolved

Hi dear astrologers,

I see vedic astrology very diffrent from western astrology, coz planets in vedic moves a house further to vedic chart planets

I see my jupiter is in 9th house of virgo mine is capricorn lagna while in navamasa it is moved to 12th house with rahu

Will it give bad result ? in my natal chart rahu is with mars in cancer in 7th house , my rahu dasa is going and it will be till i reach 40 years

Attachments

• My chart.jpg
    My chart.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 21