How would Ascendant in Cancer affect the appearance of Mars(in cancer) in First house

dandelionnn

-Should I consider myself Aries Rising instead?
-I hear that any planet in aspect with the Ascendant will affect you appearance wise as well. In that case, my moon trines my ascendant and my venus does too.

Your thoughts.
Also, what aspects or houses have anything to do with teeth and them being naturally straight and strong? I have that but my Cancer Rising says otherwise.

Attachments

• ME.jpg
    ME.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 42

dandelionnn

I don't think the Mars Rising does anything for me except for the fact that I used to be blonde as an infant and now my hair has turned to a reddish light brown. I also have thick long eyebrows. And the fact that I have nice teeth...but I have no idea if that has anything to do with Mars Rising.
Now, my body...my whole body is very petite. I am almost 19 years old and I am at most 5'4" and weigh 98 pounds. My whole body is small...my bones and everything. Although I am very strong and have a lot of strength, why am I so tiny despite the curvy cancer rising and the big boned muscular & masculine first house in Mars?
& also, i am very pale.

Last edited:

serafin5

-
Also, what aspects or houses have anything to do with teeth and them being naturally straight and strong? I have that but my Cancer Rising says otherwise.

It's my understanding that Saturn/Capricorn in the natal chart has to do with bones, the teeth, knees and I forget what all else. You might want to go to the Medical forum here at AW to find out what signs/planets rule which part of our bodies; it's really interesting stuff.

Blessings
Serafin5:joyful:

dandelionnn

Mars is in its fall in Cancer. Your description of your appearance sounds like a classic example of Mars in its fall on the ASC; pale, tiny etc.

What's the classic appearance of the face for this placement? People say Mars in the 1st gives a scar and a ruddy complexion. I don't have that. Do I appear rough or soft?

Last edited:
-I hear that any planet in aspect with the Ascendant will affect you appearance wise as well. In that case, my moon trines my ascendant and my venus does too.

Your thoughts.
The only thing mars conj Asc will give you energy,competativeness and poss sport inclinations. Cancer is a worrier, very sensitive moody and family orientated. But we also have to look how mars is aspected. Now mars in cancer on its own tends to 'interfer with family matters' next it's square sun, making someone wilful, strong and assertive AND it part of a Tsquare going to be triggered middle Sept when t Saturn conj Sun in 4th, thereby setting off sun's aspects.

Mars is also challenged by oppositions to uranus/neptune in this T Square and lastly, mars quincunx saturn suggests suffering in relationships and not understanding why sometimes...

Your chart lacks the fire element, energy, fire, impetus, drive, iniatations, but having 4planets in fire house must help, espec mars conj Asc as this give it an outlet.

If you want to research Asc and planets affecting Asc and appearance, use our search feature as there are plenty of threads covering Asc..

JUPITERASC

What's the classic appearance of the face for this placement? People say Mars in the 1st gives a scar and a ruddy complexion. I don't have that. Do I appear rough or soft?

some info on Ascendant Signs characteristicshttp://www.astroroom.com/aries-appearance.html :smile:
Aries definition, stiffness or sharpness. Though it may sound like explicitly physical traits, (strongly defined facial lines, bony structure, triangular shape of face, edginess, sharp eyes) it's something deeper too. The speech and "feel" of a strong Aries personality is also "angular". They're like rocky formations in human form, even if they're chubby or downright fat. To put it quite vague; they seem precisely contained within their "container" or form

Ixaee

You should appear soft, kind, loving, etc with a cancer asc -- mars in 1st in cancer could give a reddish hair or skin, or show in that you look good in red clothes (do you prefer pinkish/redish clothes)? It could also show an assertive streak in you, you arent afraid to be firm (yet gentle cancerian) in your presentation of yourself. Or you are seen as being a from a strong family, a military family, a strong force in your own family.. etc.

On a side note, your 8th house saturn squaring pluto in the 5th house, and ruler in 7th house looks a bit challenging. Be sure to screen any men that you may become involved with.... and perhaps buy some pepper spray to keep in your purse as a just-in-case kind of thing...

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

No Cancer Rising is Cancer rising! However as you have pointed out

-I hear that any planet in aspect with the Ascendant will affect you appearance wise as well. In that case, my moon trines my ascendant and my venus does too. Your thoughts.

as well as Moon's trine aspect to Ascendant consider the Sign of your Moon (Pisces) and then the house and Sign Position of its Ruler
here's a link to a visual website with photos of people with various ascendants along with their Ascendant/sun Moon http://www.astrofaces.com/astrofaces/index.html :smile:

Last edited:

dandelionnn

On a side note, your 8th house saturn squaring pluto in the 5th house, and ruler in 7th house looks a bit challenging. Be sure to screen any men that you may become involved with.... and perhaps buy some pepper spray to keep in your purse as a just-in-case kind of thing...

You mean these placements can make me get hurt in relationships?

Ixaee

You mean these placements can make me get hurt in relationships?

Not in itself, but there is some tension in that aspect. Saturn also typically represents "older" so Id just be watchful of older men around you.... in regards to sex, relationships, dating and partnership/marriages.

With it squaring Pluto, it shows some definite intensity (very sexually dominant/intense/controlling/perhaps even some abuse if it gets out of hand) energy potential. And with it being in the 8th house, it makes the aspect all the more intense.

Nothing is set-in-stone in astrology, but it would be wise to use a bit of caution in those areas..

Last edited:

Saturn ruling 7th placed in 7th is no big deal. Saturn is retrograde (going backwards) and therefore not acting outwardly. Saturn square to pluto, when pluto is conj venus, therefore venus also square saturn, hopefully will dampen the venus/pluto conjunction.

Venus/ pluto wants all consuming length and breadth of romance and could be quite controlling and manipulative, but the square should help balance that out.

Having uranus in 7th house is a divorce aspect. I have it same position and square sun same position. So either you or your partners may want freedom and independence with relationships. Uranus always looks for excitement and can create unusual set ups. Neptune here suggesgts making sacrifices

thankfully, uranus and neptune *sextile* venus/pluto. So don't stress or worry to much about this...

oh hey! wow! you got yourself a grand trine!! and a kite!! and a t-square!! hahaha! lots of shapes!!

oh well, how to describe you.. just a guess here ok? I might be wrong :whistling:

Face, probably round, like the moon
(i think someone mentioned it already - ascendant in cancer)

You probably have thick and dark eye brows
(pluto, mercury and venus in scorpio)

Eyes, wide and/or round as well, something that makes you look quite innocent or naive and willing to believe anything hehehe! :devil:
(moon in pisces)

Nose might be a little bit bulbous, or even a bit squarish
(mars in cancer)

Shoulders, probably a little bit hunched forward (probably small shoulders)
Legs might be a bit slender (unless you are prone to overeating or something like that)

pinpointing Asc features is really difficult and mostly to do with genes from family. Any planet making an aspect to Asc can alter radically how appearance expresses to.