I feel like an unattractive Cancer Rising, is it because of Cancer Risings' usual____

dandelionnn

__lack of self-esteem?
I know I'm not ugly, but due to some "haters" and ex-boyfriends, I've felt like I was and am just delusional to thinking I am in any way attractive.
I have Mars in the first house, with a Scorpio Stellium in the 5th house.
I have cheekbones with a roundish/squarish face, and I'm really small for a Cancer Rising.
I was wondering if other aspects to my ascendant like my Venus in Scorpio, and Moon in Pisces, will attribute to my looks? I think my Moon trine Ascendant gives me "fish lips", kind of pouty. And Venus Scorpio trine Ascendant adds a dramatic look with intense eyes instead of the "innocent" look like Cancer Risings would usually have.
Do other aspects to my Ascendant add to my Mars Rising appearance?

Attachments

• astro_2gw_01_ks.14060.11528.jpg
    astro_2gw_01_ks.14060.11528.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:

waybread

Well, I know you are not ugly, too! Not with both your well-aspected moon and Venus trining your ascendant. It is just possible that the "haters" are jealous, and the ex BFs are behaving like jerks. (They usually do.) Why should you listen to people who put you down just to be mean-spirited?

Beauty has nothing to do with the size of one's eyes or lips, the location of one's cheekbones, or the shape of your face. It is "in the eye of the beholder" as well as being healthy and self-confident.

With your sun making a close square to Neptune-Uranus, you may suffer from self-esteem issues, however. Neptune-Uranus in the 7th also oppose your Ascendant-Mars. These placements make you feel especially vulnerable to criticism from BFs (a 7th house matter) or "open enemies" (another 7th house matter.)

If you feel self-conscious about your appearance and haven't done so already, I would just recommend that you adopt some fun ways to look your best, no matter what your face looks like. (1) If you haven't had your colour analyzed, you can probably find someone in your area who will do such an analysis. It comes with recommendations for clothing colours that best suit you, as well as make-up recommendations (if you wear make-up.) (2) Make sure you have a flattering hair style. Your older friends and hair stylist can advise you. (3) With that Mars/Asc square sun, you definitely need a strenuous physical activity in your life. If you load up on fresh fruits and vegetables and drink lots of water, your skin will really start to glow. (4) Imagine yourself as an attractive, self-confident woman and then start living into that role. Nothing flamboyant-- understated is OK.

"Fish lips"?? Are you kidding? Do you know how many women do botox treatments to create fuller lips artificially? "Pouty" is probably good, with your Scorpio Venus-Pluto conjunction.

Oh, and keep this as your motto: "You know you are running out in front when you start taking buckshot in your behind."

!4C

Seems like the sun square ascendant could create these feelings. Keep an eye on transits to these points.

gen6k

2nd Decan ascendant is co-ruled by pluto.

Which would make you sexually attractive, but also kind of "grudgey" to some people in person. Look the plutonians Oh No.

What I mean is like kinda analytical and penetrating or like an alien, but a cute alien.

Judy_AzVirgo

Chiron in the second house can create some self-esteem issues, which you'll deal with as you learn what you value about yourself.

Venus conjunct Pluto could also make you insecure about your self-projection.

But honestly, I think those feelings will go away as you get older and more confident. "Fish lips", indeed.... I agree with Waybread!

gen6k

Yeah I would go with what waybread says. Beauty for me also seems "compositional". When there is too much protein on my face I dont like it, when I take vitamin c e its good. A lot depends on lighting, enviornment, diet, composure, etc. The amount of muscle, the skin's elastic quality. The kind of clothes one is in. My hair I think plays a big part if its too messy or long or too short then its bad, but if its kind of long and curly then its okay.

A lot of people started looking at themselves in the mirror during venus retrograde. I noticed some kind of stress on my skin because of the sun.

Every day is different also, but others don't notice it as much. The morphology of compositional changes.

Some people look like a different person in every period in their pictures others always looks the same with the same kind of expression.

Don't do anything too drastic during venus retrograde just the usual.

Some people look good bald you know its really about finding the inner you on the outside so people could see that its genuine.

Well what you can do is try different things and see the attention you get in public places like when I wear glasses girls kind of turn away because I look way too smart and dumb, but when I dont wear glasses people turn and look at me from far away and things of that sort.

Some people can look good, but no one wants to talk to them because they just kind of stand there and don't have positive reception whether its quiet or talkative.

Well the thing about Cancer rising is that it is "harder to hold" for the recipient. The phasic moon kind of sidelines the person emotionally thus physiologically, and maybe even in the enviornment they feel. So there is a necessatation of holding space kind of building a pillar in the mind. Since their perceptual differences are also changable then it could seem like they could be projecting a certain image.

For example, body dysmorphic disorder is actually in the persons mind not on the outside. Its good to avoid things like hard drugs which deplete the "feel good see good" chemicals of the brain. But for example a cup of coffee could light ones skin and expression up as well as their own aphrodisiasm.

It is good to try to see objectively and socioculturally and position yourself according to that.

Maybe it is better for them to see it from the story rather than the moment as other people can appreciate the essencial reality of Cancer rising.

One thing that I like is their humility no matter how good they look except I think cancer/leo can be concieted.

Also its important to notice that every other person has their own perceptual field. Like people don't like sullen drug addict look, but then when the same exact person does something else the "aural composition of the exterior self" gets turned on so that is when it becomes attractive. Then its changable within this field like If I grew a mustache then older women start to look at me longer automatically. Some people don't like super-clean baby faceness because it reminds them of someone immature or childish.

What astrology illuminates for us is that there is nothing wrong with you if you are not accepted by someone else it depends on their own charactoristics and the actual "synergy" between two people. It is intricately more complex than we make it out to be, everyone has a different type of "love". So you just have to find where to close the circle.

Yeah you should just play around with it and you'll find something.

Last edited:

dandelionnn

Thank you for your helpful answers, they make me feel better:] but I was just really looking for how Aspects to the Ascendant can probably add to the appearance? if this theory is wrong.
Is it possible? Or can only the first house like my Mars in the first can affect my appearance, and since it's in the fall, then that explain why I'm so small though I'm a cancer rising.
:love::biggrin:

waybread

I take it you have heard of genetics? To what extent do you look like your parents and other family members?

waybread

It does, but I think a lot of the lore on rising signs and physical appearance doesn't sufficiently account for genetics. You might consider how much you resemble your parents and grandparents (in their youth) and then think about what is left over.

Mars in the first house would supposedly lead to red-toned hair and skin. But obviously if your parents and grandparents, &c. were entirely from East Asia, Africa, or the Near East, red hair isn't going to happen. (Unless there is some European blood somewhere.)

Scorpio rising is supposedly more dark-toned and brooding. But if your whole family tree were Norwegian blue-eyed blondes, that is probably not going to happen, either.

Here is a website you might enjoy browsing! www.astrofaces.com

dandelionnn

Yes, I agree about that. I'm Russian and my hair is more dark blonde than red, though there is a reddish tint A LITTLE.
I'm kind of more frustrated by how genetically all the women in my family have big bosoms and yet this CANCER rising does not. Though I hear all about how much they do. Could it be my Scorpio Decan that's preventing that?
Also, I may just be malnourished because I'm the smallest person in size in my whole family, as everyone else is really tall or have large bones due to the Russian and Ukrainian side. So I'm wondering what aspects in my chart are making me that way...

serafin5

__lack of self-esteem?
I know I'm not ugly, but due to some "haters" and ex-boyfriends, I've felt like I was and am just delusional to thinking I am in any way attractive.
I have Mars in the first house, with a Scorpio Stellium in the 5th house.
I have cheekbones with a roundish/squarish face, and I'm really small for a Cancer Rising.
I was wondering if other aspects to my ascendant like my Venus in Scorpio, and Moon in Pisces, will attribute to my looks? I think my Moon trine Ascendant gives me "fish lips", kind of pouty. And Venus Scorpio trine Ascendant adds a dramatic look with intense eyes instead of the "innocent" look like Cancer Risings would usually have.
Do other aspects to my Ascendant add to my Mars Rising appearance?

I don't know what you look like but you have loving trines in your chart in sensitive water. You seem beautiful to me!:biggrin:

S5