Occult power and Saturn conjunct Pluto in the natal

MJ82

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this natal aspect. I have it in my chart and in the 8th, and I've read that it can mean the ability to work with occult powers. Uri Geller has this and is psychic and able to work "magic" of one kind or another..

My reason for asking is out of curiosity for how others experience this conjunction and specifically in relation to the occult. Do you have this aspect in your chart? And do you know/work with magic? :innocent:

Saturn Conjunct Pluto. With this powerful aspect, the intense Plutonian energy is structured through Saturn. This gives concrete expression to your ambitions, for which you're willing to work long, hard, and patiently. If well-aspected, the conjunction can result in truly great accomplishments. This conjunction can be compared to John Fowles's masterpiece The Magus because it allows you to work constructively with occult powers.

sequestra

I have it in the 12th (trine the sun) and have had several occultists try to induct me over the years - never knew why either, but a couple claimed to "see" some kind of propensity for it in me.

I used to blow it off, but these days I'm somewhat curious to look into it. Have you experimented?

MJ82

I have it in the 12th (trine the sun) and have had several occultists try to induct me over the years - never knew why either, but a couple claimed to "see" some kind of propensity for it in me.

I used to blow it off, but these days I'm somewhat curious to look into it. Have you experimented?

Interesting! No never. But given my pluto is in the 8th and at a critical degree, I'm wondering just how latent this ability is in me? Just really curious, and also a little trepidatious. No one in my family can "work magic" but some of my relatives - my great-aunt, my grandmother etc have been able to seemingly predict things, have had powerful prophetic dreams etc... so it got me thinking.

Thanks for sharing. Let's see if anyone else can feed our curiosity! Lol

JerryRR

Ebertin,SA/PL-Magicians and Adepts,also hard labour,cruelty and violence (mass murder).

Gacy has MO/MA/NE=SA/PL.

J.R.

Blackempress

I have a wide but a Saturn conj Pluto in 7th or 8th depending on house system. My pluto is in 8th & I have a great deal of interest in Occult. I work well with it too. I learnt palmistry & numerology some years back. People came back & told me the predictions turned out to be true.
Since last year I got my hands on Astrology & likely will master it. (9th Uranus support too).
I have a deep interest in magic & started a thread here too some time back if you wish to follow on other people's point of view. I can't find anything practical enough to learn though.
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48339

Occult is handled well with heavy Pluto aspects, particularly well-set 8th house or 12th. For me 8th house Jupiter-Pluto work wonders on the psychic level. Oh that's an additional gift of Neptune. :sideways:

Inconjunct

Jerry RR - that's midpoints, not conjunctions and in the OP's chart, there doesn't seem to be any significant planetary contact with the SA/PL midpoint

dr. farr

Just a note: don't overlook a Parallel in declination here: such if close (under 1.5 degrees) is as potent (if not moreso) than conjunction in longitude (ie, a "regular" conjunction)

MSO

Just another note: Saturn and Pluto are slow planets. Keep in mind that if there is a connection between Saturn being conjunct Pluto and occult behaviors/abilities then there are a LOT of people with this power.

On that same train of thought, since they both move so slowly, it would take Saturn a very long time to come all the way around to conjunct Pluto again.

You'd end up with clusters every 3 decades of these super occult people, with periods of no activity inbetween.

From a purely realistic perspective, there's no relation. You wanna look into the occult? Look at Saturn by itself.

MJ82

Jerry RR - that's midpoints, not conjunctions and in the OP's chart, there doesn't seem to be any significant planetary contact with the SA/PL midpoint

Well, I must say I wasn't too pleased about the "mass murder" suggestion - thought we looked at charts as a whole?! :whistling:

Inconjunct

Well, I must say I wasn't too pleased about the "mass murder" suggestion - thought we looked at charts as a whole?! :whistling:

Haha - well I double checked on your natal chart and there's no significant planetary picture involving your SA/PL midpoint, not even when I added in the trans-neptunians, so I think the world is safe from your murderous rage for now :biggrin:

MJ82

Haha - well I double checked on your natal chart and there's no significant planetary picture involving your SA/PL midpoint, not even when I added in the trans-neptunians, so I think the world is safe from your murderous rage for now :biggrin:

What a comforting relief, thank you :w00t: Not like I've read great things about saturn conjunct pluto in itself, but I'll take all the assurances I can get on the "serial killer epithet" front :cool:

On another note (and minor sidetrack - am I allowed to do this as the OP? Lol): I notice you say you love midpoints, and I've been exploring them lately. Do you think midpoint aspects in the natal are very significant? Do you regard them as being as important as ordinary aspects?

JerryRR

0890 Saturn/Pluto

C Violence (Mass murderer).

Page 188

C O S I

Reinhold Ebertin.

The SA/PL combination which includes the conjunction,may indicate magicians,adepts,deeply searching scientsts,reactionaries,violent people and mass murderers.A martyr.

J.R.

MJ82

0890 Saturn/Pluto

C Violence (Mass murderer).

Page 188

C O S I

Reinhold Ebertin.

The SA/PL combination which includes the conjunction,may indicate magicians,adepts,deeply searching scientsts,reactionaries,violent people and mass murderers.A martyr.

J.R.

Okay, I can see we're not getting away from this. There are many expressions of this conjunction as indicated here. I just don't think it's particularly helpful to deduce such extreme interpretations from one aspect alone in someone's chart. Just my two pennies. But information is information, so I guess thanks for sharing :unsure:

JerryRR

" well, I must say I wasn't too pleased about the mass murder suggestion,"

I did not. I have not looked at your chart.I employed Gacy's chart as an example of SA/PL.

" Lets see if any one else can feed our curiosity."

I posted Ebertin's view on this generational conjunction.

J.R.

Inconjunct

MJ - you know when you're looking through a camera's viewfinder and the picture isn't quite right but one more adjustment of the lens makes it crisp and sharp? Midpoints, in my experience, are like that final adjustment of the lens :)

Madraykin

i have saturn trine pluto(saturn is con asc), i have always been very interesting in occult subjects but i havent really looked into the aspect before this

MJ82

And just to clarify Jerry I wasn't suggesting you were calling ME a mass murderer from my chart... Lol. But I'm more interested in how this aspect could tie into the occult, and people's experiences with it...