the TRUE purpose of the planets according to Edgar Cayce

EJ53

Banned
The only thing I would add is that it is the relationship of the faster moving planet to the slower moving planet that defines it as an applying or seperating aspect.

But, Cayce was referring to a planet/"angle point" conjunction......and presumably traditional astrology concepts (since modern astrology had not yet been sired by Alan Leo)......So the MC is the fastest mover here and is travelling towards the Ascendant......Thus, I think Cayce was referring to the first planet in our natal chart that would have made a conjunction with the MC......

For example, although I have Uranus at 29.45 degrees conjunct Gemini MC at 29.55 degrees.....the latter is separating from the former and moving towards (applying to) a conjunction with my Moon at 8.30 degrees of Cancer......so my last sojourn was on the Moon rather than Uranus.

[Note :- This means that Siinda's last sojourn was Mercury, since that's the first planet that the MC crossed after birth.)

How do you determine applying and seperating? I've heard it before but never knew what it meant. I would assume it's like when the two objects or planets or whatever are moving to each other or away from each other?

I really don't think you can just pick on planet and say, "that's me" in a nutshell, cos you are a combination of planets, Angles etc:love:

There are only three factors, but you have to have a way of knowing them.

1) Speed of the planets
2) Which planets is ahead, and which one is behind.

A simple example:

If two planets are close to conjunction, if the one "ahead" is moving slower, the aspect is applying.

If two planets are close to conjunction, if the one "behind" is moving slower, the aspect is separating.

There are some general rules about the speed of planets, but retrograde motion makes this a bit complicated for all true planets. Only the Sun and Moon do not alternate between direct and retrograde motion

My favourite for past lives is Brian Weiss a professional hypnotherapist can written many many books. Check out these links..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uN54I8vpdww
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPXER6EB4_w
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Weiss
http://www.brianweiss.com/

Self hypnosis regression http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppT5_tAUVUk&feature=related unfortunately, in 2parts, so in deaply relaxed state you need to click on 2nd video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNqmnAIkoXs&NR=1
Remember at the end of second Youtube, to count from 1to 5 to bring your consciousness to full awakening – 5meaings wide awake, alert and refreshed.

Last edited:

piercethevale

Self hypnosis regression? Very risky biz!...not recommended by anyone I trust.
You can leave yourself open to all sorts of unwanted influences.
It's best to find a 'Regression Coach/Hypnotist aligned with spiritual practices/archetypes you truly trust and have confidence in.
There are also a few reputable clairvoyants capable of this for a person. Clarisse Conner is one I know of and trust She assisted me to a proven satisfaction...research demonstrated that she was correct in what she told me about some of my past lives...quite amazing what see can see about the past. [Stay away from Sylvia Brown...she ain't worth two cents.].

...ps. BK Goswami of the Western Hemisphere Krishna Order/Org. [ISKCON] is a known spiritual guide. I can't speak from personal experience about the man...but to any that know of Him it might be a consideration. He preforms this service [for a donation or a fee] at some of His retreats that are open to the general public. ptv

Last edited:
Self hypnosis regression? Very risky biz!...not recommended by anyone I trust.
You can leave yourself open to all sorts of unwanted influences.
Not really, I've tried these and no way does it take you into a state that you cannot return from or experience it's deep relaxation effects.

Professional regression can take 2-4hours and this is only 20mins -- so you decide. All hypnotherapys is self hypnotherapy anyway, it's just 'guided' by another person.

flea

I have a tight applying conjucntion with venus. Art is a big part of my life, and I do like the colour green!!

I kinda think with past lives that if you were supposed to know them you would remember then. I do think they can be a distraction from living this life, so from that point of view a tricky place to delve into. Though no doubt they can be important in some instances to find out a specific past life situation that helps you see it in this life. There is so much information from past lives how do you know you are getting the relevant stuff for your journey in this life?

You can pretty much see what your problems were previously by what is going on in this life. So I concentrate on where I am now....or at least try to.

The sojourn on venus I would understand differently... as a kind of primer before this life so you kind of get a head start on your life purpose.

FleaXXX

piercethevale

I kinda think with past lives that if you were supposed to know them you would remember then. I do think they can be a distraction from living this life, so from that point of view a tricky place to delve into. Though no doubt they can be important in some instances to find out a specific past life situation that helps you see it in this life. There is so much information from past lives how do you know you are getting the relevant stuff for your journey in this life?

You can pretty much see what your problems were previously by what is going on in this life. So I concentrate on where I am now....or at least try to.

FleaXXX[/QUOTE]

...Well Said!

FleaXXX

If you were going the hypnotherapy regression route, your subconscious mind would guide you to a lifetime that has some relevance to you this lifetime. Being a Professional Hypnotherapist myself I can say that is true. Perhaps some talent, creativity or simply to effect some healing. Like astrology, hypnotherapy has different branches to, like regression.......

I would love to do this to help cure me with migraine. I think I must have been killed via head injury or something. This is the usual usage of regression to effect some major healing :love:

Last edited:

piercethevale

If you were going the hypnotherapy regression route, your subconscious mind would guide you to a lifetime that has some relevance to you this lifetime. Being a Professional Hypnotherapist myself I can say that is true. Perhaps some talent, creativity or simply to effect some healing. Like astrology, hypnotherapy has different branches to, like regression.......

I would love to do this to help cure me with migraine. I think I must have been killed via head injury or something. This is the usual usage of regression to effect some major healing :love:

...Well Said!
[/QUOTE]

...That quote was by 'Flea'...I simply said..."Well, said"
Interestingly, I went to the Ananda Sangha [SRF...Parmahansa Yoganandas' organization] this past Sunday where the 'Sermon' was on past lives...the message the 'Minister' gave was the very same..."What's important is this life!"
Personally, I know of 7 of my previous incarnations. I would not have been able to handle the info at an earlier age...one must be spiritually mature enough to properly understand such info...I was past Fifty years old when I found these out.
"The Lessons [info] are there when you need them"...quote Ram Das, aka Richard Alpert.
If you are in need of such information...it will come to you.

Last edited:
Interestingly, I went to the Ananda Sangha [SRF...Parmahansa Yoganandas' organization] this past Sunday where the 'Sermon' was on past lives...the message the 'Minister' gave was the very same..."What's important is this life!"
Personally, I know of 7 of my previous incarnations. I would not have been able to handle the info at an earlier age...one must be spiritually mature enough to properly understand such info...I was past Fifty years old when I found these out.
"The Lessons [info] are there when you need them"...quote Ram Das, aka Richard Alpert.
If you are in need of such information...it will come to you.[/QUOTE]

How then did you experience these, meditiation or regression? How do you feel it has helped you this lifetime?

Synchronisity is wonderful, divine timings, when the student is ready the teacher will arrive...

piercethevale

If you are in need of such information...it will come to you.

How then did you experience these, meditiation or regression? How do you feel it has helped you this lifetime?

Synchronisity is wonderful, divine timings, when the student is ready the teacher will arrive...[/QUOTE]

...years ago I was given a glimsp of all my previous faces...this was while in meditation with the intercession of Rama...Hare Rama.
The clairvoyant, Clarisse Conner is the one whom has assisted me in 'zeroing in' on specifics...she is a remarkable 'seer' in that dept...the only clairvoyant besides Edgar Cayce that I believe in...and she'll be the first to admit that Cayce is in "a whole 'nother league."
I know of an incarnation in the time of Ahkenaton [as an Astrologer], one in the Middle East at the time of Jesus' sojourn, one in those early days of Britain some refer to as "Arthurian"*...I was my own great uncle in early Quaker Pennsylvannia and in my last life I was in India, a pious Hindu businessman.

*...yes, there was an "King Arthur" and a "Round Table"...but unfortunately the Akhasic is very restricted access for these particular records...I don't quite understand why...but very few are allowed in this particular section of the "Hall of Records"...
Clarisse told me that Arthurs' bones were "ground" and spread throughout Britain...apparently for some sort of 'Spiritual Rite'.
May God continue to watch over Britain!

...as far as what this info has done to help me...It has given me great understanding, confidence and resolve as to why I am the one to present the material I have been dissemenating here on the net in Astrological web-sites .
...but if this info had come too soon it may have been disasterous to my psyche!

Last edited:

piercethevale

...Also. in addition...I found out that my mother and I are now in our 6th incarnation together, with her as my mother each time.
I know of one other time, specifically, and that was in the incarnation in "Arthurian Britain".
Had this info come at an earlier age I would not have understood the reason accompanying. [Reasons for which I must keep private...and shared with only my most spiritually advanced assosciates.]
She and I are some kind of 'Team'...We re-incarnate together more for a purpose rather than from some Karmic debt to one another...at least that's how I've come to understand it.
I had to get to a certain point in the timeline of my life before that could be revealed to me. It wouldn't have made as much sense at any earlier time and it would have messed up the outcome of some events...in all likelyhood.
She was the first person to give me instruction in meditation and yoga...in a sense she is my first guru!
She also is a great student of Edgar Cayce and she had learned yoga technique from studying Cayce...[how's that for a 'tie-in' to the main subject here?! ...Cayce Rocks!]

I Bow To The Divine Mother...OM!

...So, as to for trying to ascertain past lives...I hate to say it... but..."Be careful what you ask for...you might get it!"

Last edited:

R4VEN

I pretty much concur with flea and PTV on this one.

Have been having regular sessions with a (very, very gifted & experienced) kinesiologist, who is also a qualified astrologer. In order to `find' the origins of my `money issues' she had to take my body back to 9 past lives before this one (which is where the issues began to be crystalised), balance the issue in that lifetime, then move on to the next life and do the same thing. Now, as she was doing this I had no awareness of what/how the past lives were about, and nor did she, and nor were we meant to. As flea said, a distraction. However - as she brought my body back to the Now I became aware that in the 8 lives between that one and this one I have tended to isolate myself from the `flow' - usually by getting myself incarcerated, or else choosing isolated religious service. I do not want to know these details, but having said that, the knowledge of this which I intuited has been useful in identifying a similar tendency in this lifetime - along with this, a deep-seated fear of Authority. In other words, if I am not part of the flow of love/money/abundance, then I'll take myself out of the loop.

I agree also about the importance of timing in learning this stuff. I now realise that I have had to do what I have done so far, and in the way which I have done it, and then gain enough wisdom to have a Bigger Picture view of all of this before I could take it all in and look at it in a pragmatic and detached way. When I was younger I would have wallowed in the guilts and shoulds, and that would have been a complete waste of energy.

07.Re

But, Cayce was referring to a planet/"angle point" conjunction......and presumably traditional astrology concepts (since modern astrology had not yet been sired by Alan Leo)......So the MC is the fastest mover here and is travelling towards the Ascendant......Thus, I think Cayce was referring to the first planet in our natal chart that would have made a conjunction with the MC......

For example, although I have Uranus at 29.45 degrees conjunct Gemini MC at 29.55 degrees.....the latter is separating from the former and moving towards (applying to) a conjunction with my Moon at 8.30 degrees of Cancer......so my last sojourn was on the Moon rather than Uranus.

[Note :- This means that Siinda's last sojourn was Mercury, since that's the first planet that the MC crossed after birth.)

EJ, I have Saturn conjunct my MC, but it is retrograde. Now, the next planet that will conjunct the MC would be Venus, but she is 3 houses away. Is this correct?

Attachments

• astro natal chart.gif
    astro natal chart.gif
    26.4 KB · Views: 26

EJ53

Banned
EJ, I have Saturn conjunct my MC, but it is retrograde. Now, the next planet that will conjunct the MC would be Venus, but she is 3 houses away. Is this correct?

That's correct 07.Re.......(assuming I am right about what Cayce was saying).

07.Re

That's correct 07.Re.......(assuming I am right about what Cayce was saying).

Thanks EJ... I strongly identify with what it says re Venus but I also think it has to do with so much Libran energy in my first house.

starnart

I think it is so interesting in Cayce's book of Astrology, that he says we choose our birth time and can enter into the infant body anytime in a three day period after the birth. When asked how this was possible, Cayce replied that the universal spirit keeps the baby alive until the exact time for the soul to enter!:surprised:

there are plenty of books on self hypnotherapy, I don't see it as that 'risky' plus I have done this on couple people myself as a trained hypnotherapy and medium and had no problems...

Opening up your chakra/third eye and spiritually is diffferent that accessing subconscious files/past lives....