Ascendant conjunct south node

starlink

I'm wondering whether or not I'd be a negative influence to someone if my ascendant is conjunct their south node?

If anything it would be their South Node influencing your Ascendant.

In traditional astrology South Node is unfavorable. In modern astrology it is the point where we are supposed to give out what we have taken in at the North Node (one of the interpretations and the easiest one i.m.o.).
Often where the South Node is placed in one's horoscope, it is associated with something we are already familiar with (from another life if you believe in karma)and which comes easy to us. Also it could make us choose for the "easy way out" I believe whereas the North Node is a "learning" point and where we have to put in some effort. So when the North Nodes point of growth is too much for us (to difficult for some reason) we could still use to stay comfortable with our South Node. There are all sorts of different theories about the Nodes.

Now if the person is giving out what he has learned via his North Node, than I guess you could benefit from it. That person could influence your personality by showing you something new maybe.

Or, you might find that person lazy and not really growing as a person and he or she could then maybe lean on you, being a bit of a bloodsucker maybe or wanting to "grow" with your help. I dont know, I am purely speculating as I find the Nodes interpretation quite multi facetted.

Maybe a traditional astrologer could give you more info on this position.

Cheers, Starlink

wilsontc

Staff member
goes both ways, to Sweet

Sweet,

You said:
Sweet Escape said:
I'm wondering whether or not I'd be a negative influence to someone if my ascendant is conjunct their south node?

While connections in syanstry to the South node can hold the South node person back from their goals, connections in synastry to the North node can help the North node person move towards their goals. This creates an interesting issue when the South node is connected AND the North node is connected in synastry. Since a conjunction of the Ascendant to the South node is also a conjunction of the Descendant to the North node, there can be a "balancing effect" where the person is not held back nor moved forward by the connections to the Ascendant and Descendant.

Having it both ways,

Tim

Willow83

I have this aspect with my husband, his NN conjunct my descendant in the 7h (with my Venus) and his SN conjunct my ascendant in the 1h with both of our outer planets. My NN is also conjunct his ascendant (with my moon and his sun/moon). The relating between is incredibly easy and sensitive. I do feel that I have made more progress with releasing karma and working on soul growth through the relationship than he has. In fact, sometimes I become very frustrated and emotional on his behalf because I see him making the same mistakes again and again, and I see his pain in not being able to change. Still, he is his best with me. I can always make him happy, calm, balanced. I can always help him see both sides. My guess is that is how this is supposed to play out. The NN/Ascendant synastry that I have with him has helped me painlessly move forward in life while the SN/Ascendant synastry has not made growth easy for him.