So what do you think of the age of Capricorn?

Rebel Uranian

Capricorn will be the age when we work hard to reap what was sown. I as an Aquarian initally thought it would be something scary, and in some ways it will be, but it'll most likely be more good than bad in the end unless we all decide to really (short, slender, sharp-pointed metal pin with a raised helical thread running around it and a slotted head) this one up too.

BobZemco

In the last Age of Capricorn, people were eating each other, which is something they learned in the last Age of Aquarius.

LionLady

- The age of Pisces began in the year 0 A.D the year supposely Jesus Christ was born. The fish respesents the Sun in the house of Pisces. From 2150 B.C to 1 B.C the Sun was in the age of Aries, the year of the Ram. That's way the Jews today still blows the Ram's horn. The age of Aries began at the time of Moses, (Minses, or however the prophet name) when he receviced the ten commandmend. Which was intruduce after the finishing age of Taurus 4300 B.C t0 2149 B.C. The beginning of the age of Aquarius starts on the year 2150 AD (I doubt anybody here will still be alive, who knows maybe.) "He who enter the house will find a man bearing a pitcher of water." So from 2150 AD to 4300 AD is the age of Aquarius. And the come forth the ae of Capricorn. 4300 AD. Every age is last 2150 years. The time for the Sun to go through all of the constellations is approximately 26,000 years, this is call the Great Year. This is due to the earth's wobble rotation.

First of all, what IS The age of Aquarius?

To begin at the beginning: the astronomical placement of the Spring Equinox is defined as being the point in the heavens where the Sun crosses the ecliptic. Due to the "precession of the equinoxes" this point moves backwards along (and around) the zodiac, spending approximately 2160 years in each "sign" (zodiacal constellation). The so-called "Ages" are therefore defined by the sign on the horizon at the time of the Spring Equinox. (Currently around 6deg Aries)

It appears that sometime around the 1860s to 1880s someone decided that we were coming to the end of the age of Pisces (ie Spring Equinox falling in Pisces). They then decided that since the image of Jesus was of the Fisherman (and early christians used the fish as a secret sign) the Age of Pisces must have begun with the birth of Jesus - and since the precession of the equinoxes meant that each "age" was approximately 2000 years we must be coming to the end of the Age of Pisces and thus the beginning of the Age of Aquarius.

Then they discovered that they'd got their sums wrong. The equinox actually moved from Aries to Pisces in 310CE, which means that it crosses into Aquarius around 2500CE!

If only they'd stuck to their guns and checked things out a bit more they'd have realised that it actually did work quite well as the beginning of the christian era as well - since the Emperor of the Eastern Roman Empire – one Galerius by name – who had been busy killing and persecuting Christians for their anti social, or at least anti imperial, behaviour suddenly contracted a disease which he believed was the retribution of the “God of the Christians” in the winter of 310. As he lay dying he issued an edict ending the persecution of Christians and asking them to pray for him. He died anyway in 311, and the Emperor of the combined Western and Eastern Empires - Constantine - officially converted to Christianity in 312CE.

Furthermore, if you look at decanates (10 degrees or one third of a sign) this would mean three periods of 720 years each. The decanates are said to represent different phases of the signs. If you look at history, you would see that this would mean the period from around 300-1020CE being the christian faith getting settled in and established. 1020 to around 1740 would be the period of the great Christian hegemony - or christianity as the established faith. And then from 1740 onwards the gradual decline, disintegration and fading away of same. I think that fits the basic outlines of European history quite well, don't you?? And you can subdivide the decanates again (giving periods of approximately 240 years) which would give you the high point of christian power and control as the period 1260-1500 CE - which I would say was roughly about right - especially if you're thinking about the Papal power. Of course this would only apply to European/Eurocentric history - but then we're talking about European or Eurocentric constellations anyway. Other civilisations use other groupings of stars with other names.

Anyway, instead of owning up to getting their sums wrong, they tried to cover up the mistake by saying that actually it didn't mean the precise moment when the equinox moved it meant .....(pick a date!!)...... There's a book called “the Book of World Horoscopes” by UK astrologer Nick Campion which has 8 (yes, eight) pages of possible starting points for the Age of Aquarius, and there have been more suggestions since it was published! These dates range from the 15th century CE to 3500CE - quite a spread. So it seems that the Age of Aquarius either hasn't started yet, or is well underway, or is just getting its socks on, or ...

To consider just a few of the more likely or interesting candidates (in my opinion!):

1781 “Discovery” of Uranus; Perrone "Astrology – A New Age guide"

19-1-1881 Sun’s entry into Aquarius.
Based on there being 1881 pyramid inches in the base of the Great Pyramid

1962 Birth of Anti-Christ – Gabriel Jogand (1890s)

5-2-1962 Solar eclipse in Aquarius, with all traditional planets as well!

12-1-1996 Ingress of Uranus into Aquarius

1997 Jung – The sign of the Fishes (Nostradamus)
Also the start of Native American New Age – apparently based on the appearance of the comet Hale Bopp.
Gandalf Slick-Mountain Astrologer Jan 1996

May 1998 “The Solstices coincide with the plane of the Galactic equator marking the halfway point of the precessional cycle and the gateway into the Age of Aquarius”
(UK) Rainbow Circle Astrology Camp!!!

2020 Jupiter/Saturn conj in Aquarius-Astrological Journal – Jan 2000
(for the next 200 yrs the Jup/Sat conjunctions are all in Air signs)
However, the Saturn/Jupiter conjunction of 2080 is also in Aquarius, and has Uranus wanting to play as well. If we have to choose a time when we could consider the cusp of the Age of Aquarius to have been crossed, I would suggest this is it!

2497 The “Triple Conjunction of Jupiter/Saturn in Aquarius?
According to my graphical ephemeris, there is no “Triple Conjunction of Jupiter and Saturn in Aquarius” in 2497. There IS a tripartite conjunction (ie three hits) of Jupiter and NEPTUNE in Aquarius – in 2495-96. And there is a Jupiter/Saturn Conjunction in Aries in early March 2497. Someone appears to have conflated these two events into one, presumably because it is the closest major astrological event to the date given by astronomers for the movement of the Spring Equinox from Pisces to Aquarius – in 2500.

2500 Date from Greenwich Observatory
:innocent:

Rebel Uranian

The Age of Aquarius has nothing to do with planetary positions. It's simply the procession of the equinoxes. The Age of Aquarius basically means that the equinox is happening on the middle of winter. There's going to be no helpful sign for the beginning of the New Age. We're just going to have to use our Aquarian ingenuity for a while.

Since the ages go backwards, you'd have to use the decans for Pisces backwards as well, which means first it was fading out, the sustaining, then building up - but since it's backwards, in reverse.

LionLady

The Age of Aquarius has nothing to do with planetary positions. It's simply the procession of the equinoxes. The Age of Aquarius basically means that the equinox is happening on the middle of winter. There's going to be no helpful sign for the beginning of the New Age. We're just going to have to use our Aquarian ingenuity for a while.

Since the ages go backwards, you'd have to use the decans for Pisces backwards as well, which means first it was fading out, the sustaining, then building up - but since it's backwards, in reverse.

I agree that the only real significator for the beginning of the Age of Aquarius will be when the Spring Equinox actually falls at the end of Aquarius - ie approx 2500CE - the date quoted by the Greenwich Observatory.

Your point about the decans is interesting - but since we are not all like Merlin (living backwards in time, so we remember things that haven't happened better than things that have) I think we have to assume that the height of Christian/Catholic hegemony would still be the mid-point of the period, i.e. around 1030-1750CE, and whether it's fading or building up it's influence will be weaker at the extremes of the period:wink:

Parablue

The Age of Aquarius have already started, begun with the New Age movement in the 70s.
The Age of Aquarius is about understanding and harmony..it is about spiritual growth. As mankind moves away their focus on material greed and focus on developing themselves spiritually and mature their own wisdom. It's also a period of technological advances.
In the danger of thermonuclear warfare, mankind has to take responsibility of their own planet, put their differences aside and work together. Mankind on the whole has to learn to be wise spiritually for them to be responsible to look after their own devastating technological possibilities. When any race develop higher technology, they will also have to responsible for a greater power, their own spirituality has to develop alongside for them to be ready to undertake that responsibility.
The Age of Capricorn will be the sacrifice of their own materialism, their own selfish desires, it's the goat, the sign of the 'devil' and that lamb needs to be sacrificed to the Universal God, in order for the formation of the New Heaven, where earth or the physical world we live in, becomes heaven, a spiritual place.
The Age of Saggitarius will the period of exploration, of 'conquest' to many stars out there. An era of new visions, new travels..
The Age of Scorpio is the time era of mankind co-living with aliens, their loyalties, their determination in being passive.
The Age of Libra is the period of balance between mankind and aliens, where trade agreements are made and an ongoing development in our relations with them, in fairness..
The Age of Virgo is the time of stability of the federation of united stars (something like that, which mankind and aliens will become one government)
The Age of Leo is where mankind becomes powerful and starts to take on precedent roles in this federation
The Age of Cancer is where mankind shows compassion on undeveloped aliens.
The Age of Gemini is where mankind starts to interact with undeveloped aliens, yet their interaction reveals a dualistic godhood to these aliens..as well, new development where mankind starts to form technology to move out of their physical bodies
The Age of Taurus is where mankind starts to develop stability within, they become more stable in living as a force
The Age of Aries is where mankind loses their physical bodies..
The Age of Ophiuchus is where mankind becomes godkind, accepted back to the Garden of Eden, the Age of Ophiuchus is not a time era, it's a marker point.. one zodiac cycle has happened, from the beginning of mankind (the 1st age of ophiuchus) to the death of Jesus Christ (2nd age of ophiuchus) to the end of mankind (3rd age of ophiuchus). Each age should be 2000 yrs approximately..

Last edited:

zoumizzouzou

Well, I don't know about ages, but I have read in an astrology book (Knack Astrology) that Pluto in Capricorn signifies the government's last "hurrah". Essentially, Capricorn in Pluto will expose the greed and corruption of all the world elites and people in position of power. Pluto in Capricorn is equated with resources. It could bring "resource wars" over food, clean water, ect. Since Pluto is also known for rebirth, there could be positive reconstruction and restoration of the government/economy, ect.

seira

I have been intrigued by astrology lately. One of my wise Aquarius friends said, I am proud to be an Aquarius. But I don't believe in Astrology, and smiled slyly.

Being an INTJ and a lover of puzzles, I started delving deeper into the true astrology before it was bastardized by Christianity. Seems to be a lot of duplicate symbolism and "goat" symbolism. In earlier Astrology (as far as I can tell) Capricorn is Anubis leading a lion. In the Hopi Prophecy, Sirius is the blue star (dog) coming to save us and perhaps return the world to a more balanced state with an agricultural society that values the land we live on, especially animals.

Pisces is still a fish, and the "kali" image is actually associated with Aquarius.
Being bored and playing with my compass, I created a new Astrology for kicks based on ancient symbolism, the color wheel, tao te ching elements, Aslans creatures (sylvans, naiads, centaurs, and giants) Hopi Animal Symbolism and the world as a giant turtle tilting on its axis with a Mana tree on the center, and Poseidon's return.

Even with all that, as much fun as I had, I have no idea which age we are in and what comes next. =) The fun is in not knowing sometimes.

Last edited:
K

Katydidit

I think I might have to write a novel or few about the coming times. Hmmmm?

The age of Capricorn? Are you writing in terms of Pluto in Capricorn?

The capricornian goat climbs the mountain and is capable of reaching the summit. However, if the foundation is not secure (perhaps beyond self-control) that goat might fall from the highest of levels.

I do not think our collective mind is done with testing the foundations of leaders at the summits. I do hope we will have cleaned house by the time Pluto moves into the transformational tomorrows of Aquarius.

Zarathu

Account Closed
Approximately every 2000 years there is a new age. The period of Pisces went from around 0000 to 2000. The age of Aquarius is from 2000 to 4000. The age of Capricorn will be from about 4000 to 6000 CE.

Each age has the general symbolism of the dominant religious movement that takes off during this time. During Pisces, the most dominant religious movement was Christianity. It will begin to fade and something else will take its place during the next 2000 years. And the symbol of the Water Carrier of Aquarius will go forward.

Aries was the age before Pisces. And Taurus the bull in the dawn age of 4000 BCE to 2000 BCE

I could suggest some esoteric reading if you are interested.

CapAquaPis

Capricorn is a sign represented by more advances in technology, imagines humanity is farther in outer space away from our home planet Earth. 2,000 years from now, we would have to have new astrological systems in our new planets in other galaxies, and we see our Sun as a star from there. And Capricorn has more of a quieter, melancholic and wintry cold mood, which I'm concerned if it will ever be a joyous time for humanity who experienced the previous age of Aquarius as one of social, emotional and spiritual liberation.

david starling

Excellent query ...... In the Tropical Zodiac the base-ten Age of the 10th sign began in the year 406 A.D. In 1975 it reached 27 degrees Cap. Since the Ages are Direct, and Cardinal Ages coalesce at the end, it's now fully manifesting. Time, money, and materialistic inventiveness, along with the emergence of the theme of the Winter quadrant, globalization. The Aquarian Age is "waiting on deck", and since Fixed-sign Ages manifest fully in the first 3 degrees, it will begin crystalizing immediately, world-wide, when it begins in 2149. So, what you think of the way things are now is what you think of the Tropical Age of Capricorn. As a Tropical Piscean, I think it's way too materialistic and linear-time oriented but I admire the technology.

Last edited:
Don't shoot the messenger but there is a little, well actually very long film (4 hrs) called spirit science which you can find and watch for free on youtube. It says that the mayans figured out when the age of aquarius was to begin and it was.... December 21, 2012. lol :innocent: :alien:

Last edited:

CapAquaPis

Thinking about how constellations change over the course of eons in our universe's natural history, the age after Libra would have a new shape and a whole new personality in future human astrology. Before the age of Virgo, Libra was a whole different shape and structure, going back to the time when modern humans were evolving into what we are today.

The age of Aquarius should be similar to what the age of Capricorn would be like, both signs ruled by planets Saturn (Capricorn's main ruler) and Uranus (for Aquarius). Science are knacks of these two signs, both focused on reforming and master planning the future. Our Sun is a detriment for Aquarius represents the ego and identity, while the Moon is Capricorn's detriment reflects humanity would be less prone to hostility and violence since Capricorn is the sign of calming and peace, similar to Aquarius in the new age when humanity might abandon war for good.

david starling

I have studied the Sidereal Ages, and the pattern is clear regarding the past. In the past Ages of Taurus and Aries, using the First Point of Spring method which is the standard way to measure the Ages Siderealy, the Age manifestations didn't occur until around the middle, about a thousand years after the Age began. Logic explains this as "cultural lag", attachment to traditions rooted in the previous Age. So I see no reason why the manifestations of the Age of Pisces since the Renaissance should be attributed to the Aquarian Age. It's simply the lower Piscean fish, which is Capricornian in nature. As you say, there are important similarities between what should logically be expected from the Ages of Capricorn and Aquarius. Logic and historical pattern place our current situation firmly in the category: Sidereal Age of Pisces, lower fish, Saturnian Age Rulership. The empirical evidence: The overwhelming importance of money (lower-fish Capricorn) and time (Saturnian influence). These would not be important in the Aquarian Age. So, you've identified the two Sidereal Signs involved. The evidence points to lower-fish Capricorn, the "confusion-factor" not withstanding. The results of the Aquarian Age will be far more transcendent and far less materialistic.

Last edited:

CapAquaPis

I always wondered why I'm alive in this time, as well in the place I live and why am I the person I am in this life? The Age of Aquarius should be the apex of humanity on earth, but what if the best is yet to come? Or would life be worse in the Age of Capricorn, or Sagittarius or even Scorpio (the very end of humanity?) Whenever an astrological ends in disaster for us, another age begins, like the Age of Pisces thought to ended in the 20th century after two world wars, the Great Depression and the Cold War which concluded by the fall of Communism, and now the War on Terror in the 21st century in the cusp of two ages. A new, better, brighter future? I hope so, coming from a negative/fatalist/pessimist person who worries about the world isn't a great place and life isn't fair. Can it be improved? Again, I try to keep my hopes up for tomorrow...or it's just another day.

craft94

I can't say for sure but honestly, a part of me feels like The Age of Aquarius, symbolized by a human, is sort of like the peak of human civilization, the moment in which all of the past ages have been leading up to. Religion is losing it's influence on human affairs and what is the God of this age? Well, the internet, of course! I see the internet, and social media, in particular, as being the main symbol of our current age. Social media brings people from all over the world together as one, a very Aquarian thing to do. However, there is a large degree of detachment with these interactions, and not only are we losing our ability to connect with each other on a deeper level but we are losing the ability to get in touch with ourselves on a deeper level. Some of us get too swept up in the craze of social media and lose touch with ourselves as individuals. I'm only talking about this, because the Age of Aquarius is often romanticized by New Agers in an ironically, Neptunian/Piscean sort of fashion, when in reality, no age is "good" or "bad", it just is.

I mostly think the Age of Capricorn will be the age when all of this Aquarian technology will backfire on us. Technically, the Capricorn Age won't happen for a very long time, but I see some of this happening now... with corporations spying on what we post on Facebook for advertising purposes, NSA surveillance etc. Sooner or later, governments will want to put an end all of this anarchy and social unrest, and how will they do that? By using the scientific knowledge gathered in the Aquarian Age to suit their own purposes. In addition to that, Aquarius is symbolized by a human...humans have taken over the earth and made it ours and now we're reaching out to other planets to destroy them as well. The environmental destruction that human conquest produces will backfire on us, too.

On a more positive note, Capricorn is an Earth sign, so maybe all of this social control might be used in effort to conserve resources and save the planet rather than out of corporate greed?

But I don't want to be all doom & gloom (though I don't want to be all rosy-eyed either) and I don't mean any harm to Capricorns. As a freedom-loving air sign, the Capricorn Age kind of scares me, but Caps aren't bad people and I don't have a strong faith in fate...I guess, maybe, it all depends on what we do in this age. Will we use Aquarian social progress to our benefit or will we waste it all on destructive ideas of industrial innovation? There are many ways it could play out. It all depends on our own actions.

Last edited: