Sex Addiction and 8th house placements?

ptolomy

Thanks so much for reading my chart. The Chiron is what I guess gets me in trouble sometimes in my relationships..Im either trying to fix someone or vice versa..All my relationships seem to have an intense flair to them. Maybe thats my Venus? Money is always an issue as well. In some way or another. Never too big though. One thing I'm starting to learn as I mature is that there needs to be more balance in my relationships because one person always seems to give give give and thats never healthy.
Hi Maxine,I think your use of the words "trying to FIX someone or vice versa" makes sense when Chiron is involved,Maybe you see yourself as someone who has a mission to do this in all close relationships?,I assume you are conscious of most of the modes of operations of the outer planets in your 2nd house?,I would think it wouldn't be possible to see all of them as Neptune and Uranus work on the edge of consciousness for most of us in my opinion.I would think that as the major susceptibility of the 2nd is 'Security',So i imagine they would be noticeable through observation of this mode of operation by looking for insecurities in joint finances,Shared resources,Group funds and many other financial insecurities with people you closely relate with.Maybe financial deals with your family like your mum and dad,brothers and sisters is not always wise either?But ultimately as with all important aspects that we cant avoid in our charts,I think you stand a very good chance of eventually becoming aware of its modes of operation,Do you think that Neptune's involvement makes you have a great need to be sacrificial in your nature,and even sometimes too over giving and leaving your self out of the equation too much?Whilst Uranus is likely to bring very instantaneous unexpected situations or contrary to Neptune,what appears to be very selfish behavior?Depends which one is being activated by transit.Lol,sorry got side tracked away from sex addiction:)

MMD1990

Hi Maxine,I think your use of the words "trying to FIX someone or vice versa" makes sense when Chiron is involved,Maybe you see yourself as someone who has a mission to do this in all close relationships?,I assume you are conscious of most of the modes of operations of the outer planets in your 2nd house?,I would think it wouldn't be possible to see all of them as Neptune and Uranus work on the edge of consciousness for most of us in my opinion.I would think that as the major susceptibility of the 2nd is 'Security',So i imagine they would be noticeable through observation of this mode of operation by looking for insecurities in joint finances,Shared resources,Group funds and many other financial insecurities with people you closely relate with.Maybe financial deals with your family like your mum and dad,brothers and sisters is not always wise either?But ultimately as with all important aspects that we cant avoid in our charts,I think you stand a very good chance of eventually becoming aware of its modes of operation,Do you think that Neptune's involvement makes you have a great need to be sacrificial in your nature,and even sometimes too over giving and leaving your self out of the equation too much?Whilst Uranus is likely to bring very instantaneous unexpected situations or contrary to Neptune,what appears to be very selfish behavior?Depends which one is being activated by transit.Lol,sorry got side tracked away from sex addiction:)

Oh no worries! This is all so interesting to me. And well my family does help me alot financially which is always like a weight on my shoulders because I feel as if its sometimes held against me..so that probably where the 2nd house comes into play. Im sure Neptune has a strong influence over relationships in my life. Of all kinds...I seem to attract people with issues. Whether romantically or friendship wise. Im always the first one someone calls for advice. And I always want to help someone. I do enjoy it and I try to brush that off sometimes but its hard. I cant hide that part of me easily. BUT...haha when I'm in a bad mood or have been hurt...I tend to shut myself off from the world completely..not wanting to be bothered with just about anyone. Maybe thats Uranus?

ptolomy

I think the behavior you just described is more likely from Neptune as its sacrificial to try and help,The dilemma is how much to give so as not to over do it and end up hurting your ego when people might exploit your generosity.Appreciation of your help not being respected is bound to hurt,I think your retreating when people behave disrespectfully is also Neptunian as Hiding your self away is non confrontational which is a behavior that Neptune finds acceptable,If it was a confrontational behavior then i would expect Uranus to be more likely involved as Uranus appears Confrontational and selfish,But this is not always as it seems as Uranus works in new ideas that not every one is aware of and can there fore be misconstrued.

MMD1990

Would you say that Neptune is one of the rulers in my chart? I feel as if it holds a strong part in the way I deal with relationships.

ptolomy

I think the use of the word 'Ruler' is not suitable as it traditionally refers to the planet that is the ruler of the sign of the ascendant which in your case is Jupiter as it is Sagittarius,But i think i understand what you mean by this word,And i guess the dilemma of giving and taking i just refereed to would be a big part of your life and so therefore Neptune could be soncidered a major factor in your chart.
There is another major factor also in your chart that i havnt mentioned though that has to be a very big part of your personality which is to do with the t square of Pluto,Mars and Sun which must lead to very big power struggles where you might find your behaviour is very contrary to Neptune,I have no idea whether you are the person who seeks power or are the person who is continually harassed by others who seek power,But as the Sun is the focus in Leo i Imagine your need for respect will be continually tried,And as the Sun appears to be on the Ninth Cusp then i think that the power struggles will be quite often to do with philosophy,Principles,religion,Ethics,Right and wrong,Power struggles to do with these issues within higher education or law maybe?
Any way,Yes Neptune is a big part of you ,but there are also other very powerful areas as well focusing on your Sun from Mars and Pluto which in my opinion should be just as powerful,maybe more so.

MMD1990

Well I do feel more comfortable when I am in control of situations and do seem to have problems with authority. Example, my last boss felt threatened by me because I knew too much. Maybe even more than she did at times. She also tried to push me to do things that were totally inappropriate to do while working(drugs,alcohol,etc)...which lead to me being fired. I'm not necessarily a person who demands respect but I am one who expects to be treated with it. So yes I see where I will have issues with that t square especially career wise. Thanks again for all the posts! Im learning so much!

aquarius7000

Hi,
Well heres my chart! haha.
Well, thanks for that. So, it does endorse two of the points said in my earlier post: Plu-Mars, Ura-Mars.

8th house is always connected with diseases, even if they are sex-related. But 8th house is not sex itself. (I also bore that thought in mind for sometime, but went back to the 5th.) The 8th It is not connected with simply a higher, above-avg sex drive. Look at the outers and Jup in connection with Mars for that. Look at how the 5th house and its Lord.

:)AQ7

tsmall

Premium Member
Look at how the 5th house and its Lord.

5th house lord, Mars, in joy in 6th, in an earth sign, with Venus as domicile and triplicity ruler (I didn't check term)conjunct an exalted Jupiter by sign, and sextile said Mars? :whistling:

Venus and Mars are out of sect by nature of the chart, Venus more so than Mars, and she opposes Saturn in his domicile in 2nd could be the reason the op is questioning this...

Exaltation ruler of the 5th, the Sun, in domicile and joy (9th)? I think the op should buy lottery tickets. ;)

Last edited:

aquarius7000

Hi,
5th house lord, Mars, in joy in 6th, in an earth sign, with Venus as domicile and triplicity ruler (I didn't check term)conjunct an exalted Jupiter by sign, and sextile said Mars? :whistling:

Venus and Mars are out of sect by nature of the chart, Venus more so than Mars, and she opposes Saturn in his domicile in 2nd could be the reason the op is questioning this...
Actually, we don't need to look at the house of joy for Mars, when, Mars, Lord of the 5th, is in its detriment in Taurus, and succumbs to a Venus that needs emotional security being in Cancer. Ven might stand in opposition to Sat, but a closer aspect is that of a trine to Plu. Note that Pluto in this chart is controlling both, Ven and Mars (that is where the obsession is coming from). Going back to the emotional-security bit, the Moon, which rules Ven here, is in the 1st = emotional security stands in the forefront with the native of the chart. In some way, the mother figure/women might have an important bearing in this person's life. Moon (again emotional security) plays a very important role in this person's chart. Note also that Jup is exalted by the Moon (Jup ruled by the Moon and which rules the Moon instead) (and, Jup, as Lord of the Asc, is v important as it rules the basic make-up of this native). We don't need to bother about terms and sects.

Last edited:

tsmall

Premium Member
Hi,

Actually, we don't need to look at house of joy for Mars, when, Mars, Lord of the 5th, is in fall in Taurus, and succumbs to a Venus that needs emotional security being in Cancer. Ven might stand in opposition to Sat, but a closer aspect is that of a trine to Plu. Note that Pluto in this chart is controlling both, Ven and Mars (that is where the obsession is coming from). Going back to the emotional-security bit, the Moon, which rules Ven here, is in the 1st = emotional security stands in the forefront with the native of the chart. In some way, the mother figure/women might have an important bearing in this person's life. Moon (again emotional security) plays a very important role in this person's chart. Note also that Jup (ruled by the Moon and which rules the Moon instead) are in very strong mutual reception of dignity in this chart (and, Jup, as Lord of the Asc, is v important as it rules the basic make-up of this native). We don't need to bother about terms and sects.

Not to put too fine a point on it, terms and sect to some may not be important, but to others...make a difference. Most especially sect. You may look to Pluto to find obsession, but I can just as easily find enjoyment in the delineation I gave. Serious enjoyment. There is a difference between enjoying something and not being old enough to give it freedom of expression, and addiction, which takes control of the life to the point of obsession and excludes all other things.

Your points have merit with Venus in Cancer being needy, as well as the Moon in the 1st reconfirming this...

but hey, thanks for the lesson.

If you prefer not to bother about things like terms/bounds and sect that's your perogative. It would be nice though if you didn't denegrate those of us who do.

In Hellenistic astrology, joy had importance. Detriment was not a consideration.

MMD1990

Going back to the emotional-security bit, the Moon, which rules Ven here, is in the 1st = emotional security stands in the forefront with the native of the chart. In some way, the mother figure/women might have an important bearing in this person's life.

This is very true. All the women in my family have held a huge part in the way I've been brought up. They pretty much run the family more than the men do! haha. They are all very strong, independent,educated women.

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
tsmall said:
5th house lord, Mars, in joy in 6th, in an earth sign, with Venus as domicile and triplicity ruler (I didn't check term)conjunct an exalted Jupiter by sign, and sextile said Mars?

This is what I thought of. Lord of the Fifth in a sign of Venus with her receiving him. I know someone with a similar set up (same sign, but a Square to Venus in Aquarius), except for their Mars is conjunct Jupiter. Venus with the Fifth house has a lot of sexuality around it, I think this point gets pushed under the rug with a preference with focusing on Mars.

aquarius7000

Hi,

Tsmall, thanks for the PM. I just corrected the fall to detriment. Main thing: Mars is very weak in Tau! You are so right: Mars is in detriment in Tau, in fall in Cancer. I was too concerned about the Moon and the women in the native's life, hence.. the fall. :D

Oh, and please continue with the joy of terms and sects. I most certainly did not mean to "denegrate" others. I was just trying to put the essential dignities and debilities before joys and terms, but vice versa is fine by me. I am a mere student of Astrology myself. I guess it is too early in Europe for Astrology anyways, and what is it about sex threads that makes them so addictive always.:p

Last edited:

ezgi

I have a couple planets (venus,jupiter,chiron) in the 8th house which lead me to read about the placements in this house. I've noticed that the articles all seem to involve sex in some way or another. Wondering if too many planets in that house would cause a person to become a sex addict?

i have venus conjunct jupiter in the 8th house and not a sex addict. But (if iam wrong pls. someone warns me) for a long period progressed venus squared my natal pluto i behaved like a sex addict and attracted men like bees to honey.

Nowadays i don't feel myself sexy anymore

I know someone with a venus conjunct pluto in the 8th house in her natal chart , she is like sex bomb

Last edited:

aquarius7000

Hi,

Forgot to add earlier on that Mars is one of the most aspected planets in the chart, which means that it is well 'tied into' your life.
And, yes,Venus with the 5th H has a lot of sexuality about itself, that's a good point, what with the earthy sensuality of Tau. But then, on an avg, 1/12th of the human race may have Ven ruling their 5th, of course not with the rest of the constellations as in the native's chart here.

Ezgi, I too have Jup (dignified) in the 8th, in conj with an exalted Ven in the 7th, and an exalted Mars in the 5th. No, I'm not addicted to the activity either.

Last edited:

Tham

Check where your Juno, Eros, Lust, Aphrodite and Lilith (1181) are,
and whether they, along with Venus and/or Pluto, might be located in the
Pleiades.

Magi astrology -

" JUNO is the astrological key to sexuality and sexual attraction. But Juno
shuns commitment and responsibility. JUNO rules sex without commitment,
the mistress, and one-night stands. "

http://www.magiastrology.com/super_sexual_aspects.htm

" It is Juno, and not Venus, Mars or Pluto, that is the primary ruler of sexual
attraction and desire. Juno rules sex appeal and sexual charisma. Persons
with great Juno aspects have great sex appeal. For example, persons born
with Venus trine Juno, or Chiron trine Juno, have enormous sex appeal. "

" Juno rules sex without commitment. Juno is ruler of lust and sexual relations
without emotional involvement. Juno represents sex outside of a committed
relationship, such as a marriage. For these reasons, Juno is symbolic of the
mistress, adultery, infidelity, cheating, illicit sex, casual sex, as well as the
affair and the one-night stand. "

http://www.magiastrology.com/infidelity_sex/morejuno.htm

MJ82

Hi,

IMO, it is not the 8th house being so generous with the sex drive. Check and see if you have a strong Mars, and the likes of Ura-Mars, Jup-Mars, or even Plu-Mars. If you like, put your chart up, or even MJ82 for that matter and let's see what's doing the trick for you guys.

My chart is in my signature. :wink: I'm not a sex addict, but I do have a very strong sex drive. I can go for long periods without being sexually active and can eventually get used to it, but get me into bed with someone I'm really attracted to and my sex drive is very strong and intense :whistling:

I do believe that the 8th house has a lot to do with it (but I know not everyone agrees with this association).

aquarius7000

Hi,
I do believe that the 8th house has a lot to do with it (but I know not everyone agrees with this association).
Actually, maybe you are right. It does, only thing, I do not think it does so in a healthy way. 8th-house energies usually go from one extreme to the other. It is the darkest house associated with diseases (not just mere illnesses like fevers, etc). This is not to say that those of us that have planets there are in for something major.., but the energies of that (Sco's) house can swing from one extreme to another: abstinence to obsession. That is not healthy.

My chart is in my signature. :wink: I'm not a sex addict, but I do have a very strong sex drive. I can go for long periods without being sexually active and can eventually get used to it, but get me into bed with someone I'm really attracted to and my sex drive is very strong and intense :whistling:
Thanks for your chart. The thing that jumped out at me first and foremost, your 5th house ruler is prominently placed, Mercury in the 1st. It also rules the 4th in your case. Matters concerning both these houses rise a tad above those of the others. Your Mars too is weak by sign, Libra, where it feels miserable. It is rx, hence further weakened. Further, it is kept under control by an rx, but an exalted Saturn. I also think that Mer being in Aqua, you also need a certain level of mental connection with the person. Also, your Ven, which disposits your Mars, is in an exact aspect to your Moon, (so are Mars and Moon - I got this, too). You need to have an emotional connection and feel emotionally comfy with someone in order to take it to another level, and to value (Ven) that person. There are some that may jump into bed because of their emotional securities, or simply because they lack total self-control (that could be 8th house then). And, normally, when we are really interested in something or somebody, we perform great (this is to your last sentence in quotes).

Btw, you may want to look at making a career in some way overseas, or higher edu may add a big feather to your cap.

Last edited:

MMD1990

Started looking at the Arabic Parts in my chart and found that the Part of Addiction is in my 8th house Cancer..Anyone know much about this placement?