Rising Signs and Physical Characteristics

Arian Maverick

I think I look similar with the Virgo guy:

Wow! Just look at the similarities between your facial structures, the shape of your eyes, the eyebrows, the hair...even the expression of your mouths are similar! :mrgreen:

Well, the lady looks similar to Jacques Brel, the Aries guy, below. Does she look anything like you, what do you say?

It's somewhat difficult to compare our facial features due to the large age difference, but I think I definately have the same forehead and eyebrows as Jacques Brel. I can't do that cool arch trick he does with his eyebrow, but I've certainly mastered the narrow-eyed stare! :twisted:

Arian Maverick

P.S. Do you think you can add a representative of both genders to each sign? I'm curious to see more examples of what a typical female Aries may look like...

That site is sooooo freaky. I'm Aqu sun with Lib moon and I look like all of them regardless of the asc. All of them have the pointy Aqu chin happening. Then I flipped through some other signs with Aqu asc and they too had pointy chins.

I guess I look a little bit like my rising sign (Sagittarius), but I see from reading the other posts on here that your moon and sun as well as other aspects should also be taken into consideration. I didn't know that before! :mrgreen: I'll have to check that out some time.

But anyway, according strictly to the physical characteristics of a rising-Sagittarian:

I'm not tall, which would have been a delightful Sagittarius trait to inherit. :roll: lmao, I'm only 5'2".
But I do have a strongish, resilient body. . .dangly arms, shorter torso, and for my height, I guess, long legs...
I have squarish teeth, but my face isn't exactly LONG--I'd say it's a round oval, if anything.
My nose isn't huge or anything, but it's not exactly "well-proportioned", either. :?
I have bright brown eyes (they're light, brownish-greenish-yellow in color--not dark dark), and I've been told they looked "dreamy"... I don't know if "kindly" (the Sagittarius characteristic) would be similar to "dreamy" or not.
And my hair isn't extremely dark (more like a chestnut color), with fine individual strands but a LOT of hair. :roll: lol. Some's curly, some's wavy, and unless I straighten it or put something in it, it will usually be pretty out of control. :mrgreen:

Anyway, that's all for now--I voted for Some on the survey. :wink: This is a very interesting topic and I look forward to talking to you all! :p

P.S. I went to astrofaces.com and looked up my combination--Virgo-Virgo-Sagittarius--that lady really does sort of look like me! :lol: The facial shape, the chin, the neck, and the arm (from what I can see of it). lmao, how weird is that?

Lapis

Draco said:
Hi all,

I'm not sure if I look like a Pisces rising, what are Pisces risings meant to look like? I don't look like a fish and my head isn't shaped like a foot.

Until I know what the physical characteristics of Pisces are meant to be I can't really vote in the poll.

Draco :wink:

Draco,

I just can't resist this and with 0 Pisces 49' rising, I have earned the right to answer this one. Blow Fish! Often that's what we look like. :lol: On bad days, puffed up round little Blow Fish! :lol: :lol:

A lot of Pisces and Piscean ASC folks have rather unusual eyes and/or eye color. All different shades of blue/grey/seagreen/lavender etc. Also big eyes and/or almond shaped eyes. Something different and Neptunian like about the eyes.

Also the mouths of most Pisces (sun and/or ASC) have the upper lip that's more like a half circle......like a fish mouth. God I can't believe how horrible that sounds! Tendency to become overweight and also have water retention problems especially in the lower legs and feet. They want to become Merpeople bodies!!! :wink: Many have a look of otherworldliness about their faces and eyes with softer bodies. Others just get big and watery and smell bad. :lol: :lol: Sorry, it's been a long strange day.

Radu,

It's sort of hard to clearly see your latest photo but I'd have to say that (and I still haven't figured out how to get your natal!?) you are a very handsome refined Virgo. Do you have any Libra or Saturn well placed and aspected. You look very refined and well balanced and not terribly 'earthy' for a Virgo. I see more air when looking at that one picture. Like I said, I've never as yet seen your natal so I'm talking strictly from that one photo.

Arian Maverick

A lot of Pisces and Piscean ASC folks have rather unusual eyes and/or eye color. All different shades of blue/grey/seagreen/lavender etc. Also big eyes and/or almond shaped eyes. Something different and Neptunian like about the eyes.

I don't technically have a Pisces Ascendent, but being only slightly past the first degree of Aries, I feel that I can relate to its energies in some ways...even if these energies are only subconscious. Both my brother (who does have a Pisces Ascendent) and I inherited these unusual gray-blue eyes from my mother, with big pupils. Whenever I'm up for a bit of entertainment, I'll ask someone to describe my eye color. More often than not, they'll pause and take a step closer to examine me before hesitantly responding, "I think they're blue." :mrgreen:

Arian Maverick

pwadm

Staff member
Lapis said:
Do you have any Libra or Saturn well placed and aspected. You look very refined and well balanced and not terribly 'earthy' for a Virgo. I see more air when looking at that one picture. Like I said, I've never as yet seen your natal so I'm talking strictly from that one photo.
Cool. Your intuition/astrological sense works very well, it's sharp - right on. I have a majority of 5 planets in air signs of which 4 (including Venus) in Libra - the so called balance and refinement. My data is in the 'About me' section of the main site.

(Aqu)Arian Maverick:

What IF you were born a few minutes earlier... ? That would give a Pisces rising... and would correlate better with your fine blue eyes. As far as I noticed, blue eyed people have a water sign rising, the Sun or a stellium in water signs. You only have Pluto in Scorpio... Don't tell me that this is because you're a maverick and elude this law ...
So, consider being a Pisces Maverick too... sometimes. :)

Arian Maverick

(Aqu)Arian Maverick:

What IF you were born a few minutes earlier... ? That would give a Pisces rising... and would correlate better with your fine blue eyes. As far as I noticed, blue eyed people have a water sign rising, the Sun or a stellium in water signs. You only have Pluto in Scorpio... Don't tell me that this is because you're a maverick and elude this law ...
So, consider being a Pisces Maverick too... sometimes.

That's certainly a possibility I have thought of before...who knows if the time on one's birth certificate is exact, anyway? I admit that I was somewhat expecting to see Pisces Rising on my revised natal chart, but my intuition has been wrong before. I laughed at loud at your skeptic statement that I would be able to elude the law because I'm a maverick. So funny! :lol:

The thing is, my entire family has blue eyes...does that make us all have a water sign influence? My father in particular has piercing light blue eyes that I have always envied, but although he is a Pisces by sun sign, he seems very much like a Capricorn in personality--incredibly driven. I suppose he could also have a Scorpio Ascendent; my father certainly has a distinguished nose! :mrgreen:

Arian Maverick

pwadm

Staff member
We should not forget 1st house planets. I'm thinking now at Mel Gibson's electric blue eyes that have conquered so many hearts out there - Cancer rising, Uranus in the 1st house or Jim Caviezel's mystical eyes (portrayed Jesus in The Passion of the Christ) - Scorpio rising with the Moon conjunct Neptune in the 1st house.

Planets in the 1st house may influence the physical aspect more than the Sun's and the Moon's signs.

Hey, how about setting up a page which will gather info on the rising sign and 1st house planets together with pictures, rather then the Sun-Moon-Asc combination...? I love this kind of research and maybe we could come up with some interesting results.

Arian Maverick

We should not forget 1st house planets. I'm thinking now at Mel Gibson's electric blue eyes that have conquered so many hearts out there - Cancer rising, Uranus in the 1st house or Jim Caviezel's mystical eyes (portrayed Jesus in The Passion of the Christ) - Scorpio rising with the Moon conjunct Neptune in the 1st house.

Neptune in the first house...the mentor/teacher I described in Synastry Connections -- What Does This Mean? has that placement in his natal chart, and he possesses those same electric blue eyes!

Hey, how about setting up a page which will gather info on the rising sign and 1st house planets together with pictures, rather then the Sun-Moon-Asc combination...? I love this kind of research and maybe we could come up with some interesting results.

That's a great idea Radu! Except it wouldn't change much in my case...Sun, Moon, Mercury, and Venus all in the first house, all in Aries! :lol:

Arian Maverick

pwadm

Staff member
Arian Maverick said:
That's a great idea Radu! Except it wouldn't change much in my case...Sun, Moon, Mercury, and Venus all in the first house, all in Aries! :lol:
Well, you're a tough nut to crack, you know it.

Just look - two persons with Scorpio rising and Neptune in the 1st house. Don't they have the same eyes ?
Jim Caviezel - Libra Sun, Sagittarius Moon.
Claudia Schieffer - Virgo Sun, Gemini Moon.
Yet, sharing the Scorpio Ascendant and 1st house Neptune - they look alike....

3294833272.jpg
claudia.jpg

Last edited:

Lapis

Radu said:
Planets in the 1st house may influence the physical aspect more than the Sun's and the Moon's signs.

Radu,

I agree that the first house carries a lot of our physical appearance and would probably work better than a Sun-Moon-Asc combo. What do you think about the Asc's ruling planet SIGN and how that too will show physically back through the Asc?

So you too have a Libra stellium? I still can't figure out how to make the correct time changes and locate Tirgu Mures to do your chart. Not enough left brain talent at the moment I'm afraid. Any suggestions about what I'm doing wrong? Thanks.

Wow, look at what Neptune in 1 did for Jim Caviezel's Scorpio Asc?! Scorpio Asc's can sometimes be "brutally handsome" but his Libra Sun and Neptune in the 1st really softens those harsh but rugged Scorpio traits. Plus it gives him that magnetism, depth, and otherworldliness that's very appealing to some.

Arian Maverick

I'm a bit paranoid when it comes to posting personal information Internet, but I suppose it wouldn't hurt to show everyone a close-up of my eyes. This was taken from a large, good quality picture of myself when I was six years old. Unfortunately, this came out a bit darker than I intended...I'll delete this if it's not helpful.

Remember, I'm watching you! :lol:

Arian Maverick

pwadm

Staff member
Lapis said:
I agree that the first house carries a lot of our physical appearance and would probably work better than a Sun-Moon-Asc combo. What do you think about the Asc's ruling planet SIGN and how that too will show physically back through the Asc?
I dunno, it could be, but including it, that would really complicate things and mix up influences. My ASC ruler, Jupiter, is in Gemini and I used to be slim, but as I'm spending too much time in front of the computer I started to gain some weight, as expected with Sag. rising.

Lapis said:
So you too have a Libra stellium? I still can't figure out how to make the correct time changes and locate Tirgu Mures to do your chart. Not enough left brain talent at the moment I'm afraid. Any suggestions about what I'm doing wrong? Thanks.

coordinates: 24e34, 46n33; timezone EET (=GMT+2). Should get 4 Sag rising. thanks.

Arian Maverick

coordinates: 24e34, 46n33; timezone EET (=GMT+2). Should get 4 Sag rising. thanks.

Radu, would you like me to create/upload the chart here, or would you rather not have us disect every tiny placement? :roll:

Also, do you think my picture will help you any? If not, I'll delete it...I admit that it must be creepy to scroll down the page and see a pair of eyes staring at you, especially mine :twisted:

Arian Maverick

pwadm

Staff member
Arian Maverick said:
Radu, would you like me to create/upload the chart here, or would you rather not have us disect every tiny placement?
sure, be my guest, go on, dissect me. ;)

Arian Maverick said:
it wouldn't hurt to show everyone a close-up of my eyes.

This is a nice pair of eyes! :)

Smells like Pisces rising to me...

Arian Maverick

Thank you, Radu!

I don't think I'm up to changing my screen name again though...besides, I know I exude a lot more Aries energy than Pisces. It may still be lurking beneath all that bravado and enthusiasm, though :wink:

Is there anything else I can help you with? I wouldn't mind being your guinea pig for a while :mrgreen:

Arian Maverick

Last edited by a moderator:
Arian Maverick said:
I'm a bit paranoid when it comes to posting personal information Internet, but I suppose it wouldn't hurt to show everyone a close-up of my eyes. This was taken from a large, good quality picture of myself when I was six years old. Unfortunately, this came out a bit darker than I intended...I'll delete this if it's not helpful.

Remember, I'm watching you! :lol:

Arian Maverick

That's a beautiful color! It's definitely. . .unique--I've never seen eyes like that before. :wink:

Lapis

coolshades2nh.gif
I'd misspelled Tirgu and couldn't figure out what I'd done wrong! I just got your chart Radu.....finally.......moments before AM put it up! Thanks AM and beautiful deep eyes.

Look at that Neptune sitting there in the 1st only 7 degrees from the Asc. This explains so much to me finally. Which House system do you use or feel the most comfortable with Radu? Saturn and Venus change houses between Placidus and Koch and I'd like to use the chart that you resonate with.

Arian Maverick

That's a beautiful color! It's definitely. . .unique--I've never seen eyes like that before.

Wow, I'm amazed at all of these compliments...to tell the truth, I've never really appreciated my eyes, even considereding them to be undesirable compared to my father's. So, do you think this may be indicative of Pisces Rising? I was playing around with my natal chart a few minutes ago and discovered that only three minutes seperates me from this ascendent. According to my mother, I also had beautiful long, thin fingers as an infant and platinum blonde hair. Are these more Pisces traits, perhaps?

I've always been particularly fascinated by a possible correlation between one's physical appearance and their natal chart...I hope we will continue to explore this more deeply and enjoy the journey together! :D

Arian Maverick