Firdaria

Omnisphericus

The word Firdaria means "Planetary Period". It is a certain kind of method giving its planet certain rulership through the course of life.
First I will give short introduction of the method, then I will give some quotes by the medieval astrologers of using the Firdaria.
Once again I need to stress how much important is having a good delineation of the natal chart before using any kind of Predictive Technique. I will stress out that the native chart is showing the promise of WHAT, and the predictive technique the time of it or WHEN.

The Firdaria rulership of the planets is showing the overall clime of certain period, it is a certain kind of overall biography of that period of your life, and when summing them all up, biography of the whole life.

For calculating the Firdaria you can visit the following site specified for it:
http://firdaria.com/calculator.php
Do not forget to click on the day/night button in order to determine the application to count according to your geniture.

Or download the new version of the Morinus software which is specified for traditional astrology and you can find it free on web (just google it).

Lets start with the examination of the method.
This is a circle on which you can see the Chaldean order of the planets:
2kkcq8.png

Saturn, Jupiter, Mars, Sun, Venus, Mercury, Moon.
But if you walk with the seven pointed star you can actually see the order of the planets according to their rulership with the days of the week:

Saturn - Saturday (Saturn-day)
Sun - Sunday (Suns-day)
Moon - Monday (Moons-day)
Mars - Tuesday
Mercury - Wednesday
Jupiter - Thursday
Venus - Friday

Each planet rules certain amount of years in the chart.
Sun rules 10 years.
Venus 8
Mercury 13
Moon 9
Saturn 11
Jupiter 12
Mars 7
North Node 3
South Node 2

If a person is born through the day (day chart) the sequence of the rulership begins with the Sun. Sun rules the first 10 years of the life of the person. Next 8 years are ruled by Venus, third by Mercury and so on according to the Chaldean order of the planets.
In a night chart the sequence begin with the Moon.

There are also sub-period rulers which goes the same.
Sun-Sun is the first sub-period.
Sun-Venus the 2nd.
Sun-Mercury the third and so on.

This is the method.
When you know that some period is ruled by certain planet you look at that planet in your chart; its position, zodiacal state, local determination (by house), its aspects and etc.
Then, for further details you look for the ruler of the Sub-Period.
So, the planet ruling the period is having 'the last word' but the ruler of the sub-period is also very important.
People often married (altough this is not the general rule) when the ruler of the 1st and the 7th are rulers of the Firdaria period.
I have often seen Sun ruling the sub-period in women's chart is indicating marriage in those years.
What I often do when some client ask me for times for marriage to look at the ruler of their 7th and the Sun (of they are female), to be Firdaria ruler or sub-ruler. It is often the case to be like this, but it is not of a 'must be' rule.

Here is why delineating the natal chart is of much importance.
What if Marriage is not promised in the natal figure? I know that this is often hard to tell, but there are occasions when the natal chart is showing difficult times or no hope for marriage, and it is very stupid to predict marriage of such a person, you only fire up the Hope and Eagerness in that person. I know that this sounds too deterministic, but traditional astrology in many ways is like that. I don't think that we do not have any amount of free will, but this will is limited, there are greater powers which are playing role here. Maybe God is having some other plan for that person, and Astrology for me is a tool for reading God's intentions (though not God's Mind) and interpret them.

Last edited:

Omnisphericus

BTW don't be confused when I said that the native will be favored by the father and will be oppositioned by him.
It is very possible if you have a possessive and dominating father figure.

Omnisphericus

Quote from Bonnati

“And if they are evilly disposed by increasing evil and decreasing the
good. And this is a laborious matter, although, it ought to be well
observed because some astrologers, avoiding the labour, do not ever
consider this [the firdaria] in their judgements whence they fall into
deception.”

I should comment on the Nodes too.
Bonatti tells us that they always come last.
But Zoller says - and I can see that the Morinus software is calculating the same, that is, that the Nodes always come after Mars. Well, with diurnal genitures this falls naturally because Mars is the last planet ruling the Firdaria.
While in the nocturnal genitures, Mars is not the last in the sequence.
However, I think that the Zoler's method of using them always (i.e. in day and night genitures) after Mars is a good one.

tsmall

Premium Member
Quick question, how do you find the firdaria in Morinus? Also, if you don't mind answering, how do we know when the sub-rulers are active, and for how long? Do the sub-rulers also follow the Chaldean order?

Last edited:

Omnisphericus

Quick question, how do you find the firdaria in Morinus? Also, if you don't mind answering, how do we know when the sub-rulers are active, and for how long? Do the sub-rulers also follow the Chaldean order?

Just click ctrl + F9 button :)
(Or you can find it in the Tables section, but assuming that you have the latest version which was released few days ago. In the earlier version Firdaria was not incorporated).

Yes, the sub-rulers also use the Chaldean Order.

Moog

I didn't know fidaria was a feature in Morinus now... not reading the changelog properly.

Omni, would you mind perhaps chopping down your chart in the OP, as it's stretched the page on my monitor. It makes reading the thread awkward. Trimming the excess space either side would do it.

Omnisphericus

I didn't know fidaria was a feature in Morinus now... not reading the changelog properly.

Omni, would you mind perhaps chopping down your chart in the OP, as it's stretched the page on my monitor. It makes reading the thread awkward. Trimming the excess space either side would do it.

Hi, do you mean to upload the chart in the attachment section? I don't understand?!

Moog

Hi, do you mean to upload the chart in the attachment section? I don't understand?!

I mean that the chart you've posted is very wide, and it's made the page format (as displayed on my monitor) about twice as wide as normal. Which means I have to scroll the screen left and right as well as up and down.

It's only a minor thing, but it would help readability.

Thank you for making the thread, it looks most interesting.

Omnisphericus

anonimus.jpg

Here's the chart.
I don't know why is that. In my screen it is right in the center, I do not need to go left/right to see the whole picture.
Do all of you has the same problem with the picture?
I've uploaded it through tinypic website and checked the section for forum size picture, I can't see where can be the problem.

Moog

I suspect you've probably both got bigger monitors running a higher resolution, unless there's something else going on.

Omnisphericus

But I have normal lap-top screen size and I can see the whole picture.
The problem is not in the size of the screen but in your resolution of the screen.
You need to make smaller resolution.

JUPITERASC

Moog perhaps you can tweak your computer somehow? I can view the whole picture with no problems Omnisphericus - many thanks! :smile:

Moog

It's not my computer that I'm accessing the site from, so I'm not comfortable fiddling with the monitor and other settings to make a higher resolution workable. Besides, everything else is functioning adequately.

I eventually just copied the text into notepad, it's significantly easier to follow.

Sorry for clogging up the thread with this trivial problem which seems to be mine alone :whistling:

Neptune Rising

The graphic is too big, the OP would need to re-post the original graphic and as already mentioned, cut the excess space from the sides of the chart - 'crop' the picture to remove the blank space around the chart circle.

poyi

Premium Member
Hi Omnisphericus

Thank you for this link! I used the Firdaria calculator. The general interpretation are very accurate indeed and describe the bigger pictures of my first 3 stages of Firdaria very well!

I started with Moon, Saturn, Jupiter (currently at 2003-2014), then Mars, Sun, Venus, Mercury, North node, South node, Moon and Saturn again!!

My Chinese horoscope and 8 words also suggest the same tends as above! It's really fascinated me when I see the same answers popping up again and again even using different methods! :tongue: