Is he cheating?

AineB

Well at least I'm getting some more practice with horary.... LOL. Anyways, at 3:34 and 56 seconds PM EST (in Largo, FL) I got asked the question is he cheating.. and since I've still got company I don't have too much time to post! Grrr! But as far as I can tell, I think it's a NO as Venus is in the 7th house. Stable relationship? Though there is an aspect with Neptune.. And the Sun, Moon & Saturn all have hard aspects; but I think that might just more or less be the relationship itself. Ok, just wanted to see if anyone else had any ideas real quick. I woulda posted the chart but I haven't saved it to photobucket yet! LOL! Thanks!!

Choucho

p.s. had to edit post since the time showed up as a smiley!!

archergirl

Hi there,

Who was it that asked, and why do they want to know? There has to be some context to a horary question; it's not a 'pull a rabbit out of a hat' kind of tool. Depending on the context, 'Venus in the 7th house' can mean all kinds of things: that there is another woman, that the 7th house person is married, that the 1st house person loves the 7th house person, etc.

So some background information would be very helpful, indeed.

Cheers,
AG:)

AineB

Ok sorry about that.. My friend was asking about her husband. Lately things have just become a little stagnant. They've been together for 8 years but just got married like 2 or 3 years ago. Things have been a little.. hmm.. well I guess just blah is the best way to put it! LOL! But lately she says he's been talking to a girl from work. Now this other girl is involved as well. So honestly I think she's just being jealous and blowing things out of proportion. He's not the type to cheat, but he is a little bit of a flirt! So I'm gonna take a guess that Venus in 7th is the actual marriage itself and not another woman! They really do love each other, I just think they've come to that point where they're at that "old married couple" phase. It's not like this would be the first time she's had these thoughts only to kick herself later!! LOL! But with the way other things are going, she's just wondering if there's more to it this time. Alrighty, hopefully that helps out a little more. :)

starlink

Kaybug, I dont think this is a very helpful comment. After all this is about horary practice and learning and maybe you could look at this chart and then tell us what you see and why you think these people have to "grow up". It is always nice to find evidence in a chart. Example: you think a person is lying for instance. OK, you must back up that accusation, so you must look at the planet signifying that person, where he is placed, strong or weak, which aspects it makes to other planets, etc. etc. See if you can give it a try, would be nice!
Cheers, Starlink

starlink

Chouchou, the chart has a very early Ascendant so we will need more information on this or there will be more information coming so that your friend will know a bit more. Even so, we can have a look at the chart.

Your friend is signified by the Sun in the 8th house, where she is obviously worrying about this. She must have gone through recent difficulties with her husband because Sun left the oppostion to Saturn retro (his ruler). The quarrel could have been about finances (maybe he thinks she is spending too much), or psychologically seen, maybe about the fact that she thinks that he does not support her emotionally. After all, she is in his 2nd house of support. Sun also rules her 2nd house of money and the oppostion falls in the money axis.

Your friend is co-signified by the Moon in Sagittarius in her 5th, which shows that she is emotionally busy with this romantic, lover thing. She probably has confronted him with it as well, because Moon is leaving the square to Saturn and is going to make a square to the Sun who is also the natural signifyer of "men" in traditional astrology. Mars is the other traditional indicator of her husband and Mars is in Gemini (and Gemini's do tend to be flirts).

He could be torn between two things and he clearly does not know what to do (Mars is Void and about to move into Cancer, his sign of fall.) Nevertheless, he will sextile POF in his 4th house, so whatever is bothering him, probably will end well.

I think he is bothered by something because his thoughts, ruled by Jupiter (his 3rd house ruler) are in his 12th of self-undoing, sorrow and secrecy.

Jupiter has the same ruler as her husband, Saturn retro ,and retro could mean that he is holding back something. Saturn is also in his 8th house of sex, but it can also be that he is very worried about something or someone in his work. This is seen by the square he made with the Moon (a female) in his 11th house of hope. Moon rules his 6th of work. So maybe a woman in his work has made a big mistake or something and he had an argument with her and therefore had to be in contact with her more than usual, but of course he could have had an affair with her and had a quarrel with her so he is worried about that. Mars also co-rules his 10th house by the way! It is very possible that things in his career are (or meanwhile have) changed. This question was asked a while a ago and Mars is now in Cancer already.

Now when I look at his 5th house of romance, then I do see the ruler Mercury in his first house AND I see that Venus just left the conjunction with Mercury , Venus being the ruler of his 10th house, his work. So some connection with romance and work has been there I think, because both are in his 1st house.

The Moon shows us how things are developing, so first Moon will square Sun which shows some sort of male-female = relationship problem, then Moon will sextile Mercury, ruler of his 5th (oops!), than Venus (so there could be a possibility (not a certainty) of something romantic, then Moon will square Uranus, ruler (modern) of his 7th, but because I do not use modern planets as rulers, I will only look at it as an indication of an unexpected thing that will happen, to do with finances most probably, and as last aspect before leaving her sign, Moon will oppose Mars (co-ruler of your 4th and ruler of his 4th) another quarel probably . When Moon enters Capricorn he will immediately conjunct Pluto which shows that a big emotional upheaval could be the result but soon after that to be followed by a trine to her Ascendant.

starlink

I posted that first so I would not lose it all by accident as so often happens to me.
Now, we still dont really know what is going on. We have established difficulties between him and her, we have seen that his 5th house ruler is in his 1st which is a bit suspicious of course and also that his ruler is retrograde which to me indicates a person who is keeping something to himself, or who is retreating.
If I look at the Yes or No technique, I take the 5th house and the opposite and see if there is an aspect between the rulers. That would be Jupiter and Mercury. In this technique things like retrogradation, MReceptions and so on, do not count, so we do not see an aspect here. In this case we have to look at the 4th of the 5th and the 4th of the 11th rulers. Those are Saturn and Sun. They make an opposition to one another, so the answer is NO, he is not having an affair.

The woman in the office could be signified by that Moon, ruler of his 6th of employers or co-workers, in his 11th, and your friends 5th. There is an outgoing square between her and him, so I think it has more to do with a problem at work between them than a romantic affair.

The Part of Fortune in the 10th of this chart is accidentally dignified.
He is in term of Saturn and face of Venus, both planets not happy in Aries, but POF is very strong and I dont think a family hick-up can bring her down.
I think thingswill end up OK for your friend. Her 4th house ruler is Venus also accidentally dignified in the 7th in the Libra house and in term of Saturn, her husband.
Hope they will straighten things out soon. Cheers, Starlink

AineB

Ok, so I have somewhat of an update on here!! Just recently my friend had found out that yes her husband did indeed help out this other woman at work, to which he somewhat got in trouble for it because it was a collaboration of sorts and A-he shouldn't be helping her and B-it ended up being done wrong. She got in more trouble than he did, but still caused problems regardless! Soooo just wanted to let you guys know about that since it was brought up! :)