does my husband love his mistress

HeyPlayGirl

okay i have a question-does my husband love the woman hes having an affair with?

now i just wanna focus on who receives who between the man and the mistress. no need to worry about the wife or the outcome or future events :wink:

okay wife is saturn, husband is moon, and mistress is mars.

so correct me if im wrong, but it looks as though the mistress deeply loves the husband because she receives him in her exaltation (mars is exalted in cap) but he does not love her at all because he receives her in his fall (moon is in fall in scorp)
this seems correct to me.....but i dunno..

OR
does the husband love the mistress because he is in the sign of HER exaltation?
and since she is in her own sign and her own term and the sign of HIS fall, she doesnt love him?

im lost haha :whistling:

Attachments

• 4444.jpg
    4444.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:

Serendipity

Husband/Moon is (assuming it's a night chart) in both triplicity and detriment. He's in the sign of her exaltation so I'd say she's pretty fond of him. I don't think I'd say it's love though. I always think of exaltation as you've got your blinders on.
She's not in any of the Moon's dignities although right now I'd say her planet is the strongest in the chart ... in her own rulership, triplicity, term, face. She's in the sign of his fall. I don't think there's love but there's obviously something there as he's the faster planet and applying to her. Probably just a sexual attraction.

HeyPlayGirl

thank you serendipity
i think i had it backwrds all along. i thought he loved her because he is in HER sign of exaltation but its the other way around..wow that puts a new light on all my horaries :sigh:

Serendipity

I think people who follow Frawley's method regarding dignities would say he exalts her. For a real yes to the question you'd want to see each significator in the other's dignities with an applying aspect. Hard to get a reception when one is applying from a sign of detriment to another planet in the sign of it's fall.

HeyPlayGirl

im not sure but ive re-reviewed like 10 horaries from the past year and in my (astrologically limited) mind the first answer makes more sense.

which puts an end, in my humble opinion, to the question of 'who loves who' when mars and venus were conjucnt in libra...it was venus who loves mars most because she received mars in her dignity, and mars does not love venus (or at least not much) cuz he received her in his detriment

i guess :pouty: i know the whole chart needs to be looked at but just my novice 2 cents on who receives who grrrrrrrr

dr. farr

(Following is not in accordance with standard horary practice and uses whole sign house format)

From the traditionalist perspective (at least as I once learned it) Serendipity's delineation seems very strong.

Here is another view, from the Ankara perspective:

-the question deals with the quesited's (husband's) love, or otherwise, for his mistress

-7th house = quesited (husband and his relationships-note 7th house connection not only with the "other person" but also relating to relationships) = Cancer = Moon significator
-Important! South Node is posited in Cancer in the 7th house; for Ankara this means
a) that the answer to the specific horary question is NO (regardless-for Ankara at least-of any other chart indications)
b) that the quesited and his relationships are deeply afflicted (Dragon's Tail in signifying sign); this means BOTH his relationship with querent (wife = 1st house = Capricorn = Saturn significator) AND with his illicit relationship (5th from 7th = Scorpio-which has to do with secret and "illicit" matters especially regarding sex-with Mars as significator of the mistress)
c) furthermore, the quesited's sign degree in Cancer (the 16th) is a pitted degree, indicating that the quesited is in fact ineffectual in moving one way or the other regarding his relationships, at the present time

-Moon (quesited) flees Mars (mistress) showing movement away from her; however Moon and Mars are sextile, showing a still holding and active relationship: Ankara would say that these indications show conflict (stay or go) within that relationship

-Mars is more elevated than the Moon: Mars is in its domicile, Moon is in its detriment: therefore Mars (mistress) dominates the relationship at the current time

-quesited Moon is square querent Saturn (showing conflict in that relationship): Saturn is strong by exaltation in Libra and by placement in the top pivot (10th whole sign house); also Capricorn (querent signifying sign) is enhanced by North Node posited therein; so the quesited Moon is actually weak compared with the querent (Saturn) as well as with Mars (mistress)

-Saturn is more elevated than Mars, and stronger than Mars because Mars is only in its domicile and Saturn is in its exaltation; Saturn also is in a pivot (10th house) and Mars only in a succedent house (11th); quesited Moon is moving into querent's signifying sign of Capricorn and away from Scorpio (illicit relationship) and from Mars (mistress)

...from the totality of this data Ankara would have determined that the quesited (Moon-husband) is moving back toward the stronger party, ie, the querent (wife); this would go along with the decidedly "no" answer to the specific horary question-given by the Dragon's Tail posited in Cancer (quesited's signifying sign)-about whether the quesited loves the mistress.

-time period likely covered by the indications of this horary (based upon the rising sign according to Ankara) = about 9 to 10 weeks following the date of the question.

Last edited:

rafaella

I'd say your husband is infatuated by her...He is in a sign exalting Mars (Mistress)... he is defintely into her, yet he is also under your (Saturn) rulership,so he does still love you as well....But he is in 12th house and in his detriment, he is in a really bad position right now, mentally emotionally... very torn, depressed, has anguish and fear and very troubled about this situation...

The mistress is strong in her own sign and right at the MC, she is looking out for herself, I do not believe she cares that much about him as she does not receive him at all. She might have cared more about him when in Libra and in her own detriment, but now she has the power and could be she is moving on to new things...The change in signs could mean she is in new circumstances...

Actually both Moon and Mars have changed signs just recently, both are going through some changes (they know they have been discovered?) Well the relationship between them might change now even if there is still something going on between them ( shown by the sextile)..

There will also be trine between your planet (Saturn) and Moon, so maybe you guys will try work this out, if that's what you want...

rafaella

oh sorry, yes a square... the chart was cut from the top I didn't see the libra sign there....

well that square would mean challenges ahead for you both, challenges between you...but you are the stronger one, stronger than him...he is in your sign and in your power, while you receive him only by face. It looks like he might want to fix things, but you will be the reluctant one and putting obstacles in front of him, you hardly tolerate him and maybe feel revengeful. You being in your own exaltation almost makes me feel that you might be surviving from day to day due to the anger you feel. Its like something within you has burst, that which makes you feel strong and unstoppable, not really a calm energy, but definetly unstable that which might get you to burst into tears one moment and rise again the next, and the cycle continues. While he is very weak there in the chart, and in your powers....

The last aspect of the Moon (sextile) to retrograde Jupiter could mean that things might solve themselves, but not quite the way you think... Some sacrifices maybe have to be made....

HeyPlayGirl

thank you rafaella
you analysis uses the frawley method of reception but i still enjoyed your take on this.
the part about the mistress having power and only looking out for herself right now is very accurate
i also liked how u mentioned the changing of signs, its true, things kind of flip flopped ...however they seem to be back to the original circumstances again :sigh:

anyway thanks again

rafaella

well I don't know which method you are using? Lilly doesn't seem to be putting that much attention on reception as on dignity (according to Anthony Louis)

But this "Frawley" method of exaltation I learned from both Archergirl and Starlink who used to be moderators on here. I had a question where I asked about a guy who seemed interested in me. The chart showed he was Venus and I was Mars, Venus in capricorn exalting me. Both moderators responded that he was infatuated by me....(which was true I could see it in his behaviour and the way he talked to me, no doubts)....

I think you believe what you want to believe. I don't think a man would put his marriage at risk by having an affair, unless he truly was blindingly attracted to the mistress... While she has nothing to loose...But infatuation is just that, blinding attraction and not true love....

Just my opinion...

Hope you are alright...

Last edited:

Serendipity

I think you believe what you want to believe. I don't think a man would put his marriage at risk by having an affair, unless he truly was blindingly attracted to the mistress... While she has nothing to loose...But infatuation is just that, blinding attraction and not true love....

Personally how I see this chart is that her husband is attracted to this woman shown by the moon applying a tight sextile to mars. But mars is in the sign of his detriment. I think he knows this situation is messed up but being in detriment and in a cadent house himself he's not able or willing to put an end to it at the moment. Mars is all about mars right now. She's highly infatuated by the Moon and Saturn is in her detriment.

Even if you look at this chart using Frawley's method, the husband is highly infatuated by mars...but moon still loves saturn being he's under her rulership.
I don't really see it playing out this way. Mars is infatuated by moon and Saturn loves moon.... Moon isn't truly thinking of mars or saturn too much. He's just plugging along in this situation to his own detriment.

rafaella

well Serendipity, let's just agree to disagree...

I have never seen your way of interpreting reception. I don't really follow Frawley, have never read anything of him. I have a book by Anthony Louis and he closely follows Lilly and there is not much reception or dignity interpretation in the book at all, so Lilly did not emphasis reception that much...

Arijana

Hey hellaPlay

Sry I'll only give a short answer,I'm feeling kind of sick today

I'd say no

there was passion,infatuation,fire but no real love,him (Moon ) was in sag and scorpio,those are passionate signs, and a Moon being in sag is very frivolous ,tends to shift emotions due to passions, and he just entered Capricorn,a bad sign for love, so now he is maybe starting to re-think all of this and growing colder,using his mind not his...d i.c..k
she was powerless too as Mars in scorpio,could be something about the situation did not sit well with her,your strong where she is weak ( Libra ) so they were both powerless when they met each other but now she has more strainght, more control about the situation but he is in the 12 ( makes,sense,hdden,also mental anguish ) and will eventaully move into your 1st ( stroong interest in you )
him being weaker now and she being in a place where she feels stronger,maybe something happened between them

and besides,someone once told me Saturn holds everybody's balls,so,your stronger than her and him

Arijana

and kudos for your calmness, I would have gotten a chain saw and murdered them both

btw I forgot Saturn in Libra=wanting to sort out things,equality,understanding, bringing together etc.