Violent aspects in a mans natal chart?

Claire19

Aries sun and rising. Challenged aspects between Mars, Moon and Sun.
No different to a woman in that way. But men are notoriously much more violent than women because of their testosterone so the more masculine they are, the more likely to be capable of violence. If it manifests when they are drinking then Neptune in the mix.

dr. farr

An excellent look at this subject is to be found in Modernist pioneer Charles Carter's "Some Principles of Horoscopic Delineation" (easily available from such internet vedors as astroamerica.com)

Sweet Starz

Aries sun and rising. Challenged aspects between Mars, Moon and Sun.
No different to a woman in that way. But men are notoriously much more violent than women because of their testosterone so the more masculine they are, the more likely to be capable of violence. If it manifests when they are drinking then Neptune in the mix.

Here are the natal aspects in my boyfriends natal chart. Do you see any of that in there?

Planet Aspect Planet Orb/Value

Sun Square Mars 4.09 -49

Sun Trine Jupiter 5.42 43

Sun Conjunction Saturn 5.32 75

Sun Trine Uranus 1.22 108

Moon Opposition Mars 5.20 -122

Moon Square Saturn 3.56 -45

Moon Conjunction Pluto 4.31 220

Moon Trine Midheaven 7.40 4

Mercury Conjunction Venus 4.17 343

Mercury Sextile Ascendant 0.45 130

Venus Square Pluto 1.49 -56

Mars Square Saturn 1.24 -77

Jupiter Trine Uranus 7.04 9

Jupiter Trine Midheaven 7.10 5

Saturn Trine Uranus 4.11 33

Neptune Square Ascendant 2.48 -11

Neptune Opposition Midheaven 0.54 -36

Pluto Trine Midheaven 3.09 6
976 -396 580

dr. farr

With a strong disclaimer that other factors MUST be taken into account (such as house, sign, dodekatemorion ramification,elevated/pitted degree placements, etc etc) the following I would consider as MAYBE being indicative of strong, aggressive responses (based ONLY on the planets and aspects given)

-Sun/Mars square
-Moon/Mars opposition
-Moon/Pluto conjunction
(possibly also the Venus/Pluto square)

Sweet Starz

With a strong disclaimer that other factors MUST be taken into account (such as house, sign, dodekatemorion ramification,elevated/pitted degree placements, etc etc) the following I would consider as MAYBE being indicative of strong, aggressive responses (based ONLY on the planets and aspects given)

-Sun/Mars square
-Moon/Mars opposition
-Moon/Pluto conjunction
(possibly also the Venus/Pluto square)

His mars is in his 7th house

His moon is in his 1st house

His pluto is in his 1st house

His venus is in his 10th house

gen6k

His mars is in his 7th house

His moon is in his 1st house

His pluto is in his 1st house

His venus is in his 10th house

those houses are the "action" houses.
which means he would take action against someone.

his aspects indicate emotional/relational sadism.

but your composite/synastry is not provocative of violence.

Gorgina

I knew 2 violent men, both died many years ago.

1. Moon/Mars conjunction in Capricorn opposite Pluto in Cancer T-square Sun/Mercury conjunction in Aries.
He was occasionally violent since teenager age and stayed it till about 40, later he changed and stopped it.

2. Moon/Mars conjunction in Aquarius square Uranus in Leo.
He was violent at home since he married at age 29 till his death. He had 3 long-term spouses and was violent to all of them.
He had also Pluto in Leo in 7th opposite ASC in Aquarius, but his Pluto was well aspected and part of Grand Trine with Sun and Uranus.

There was a big difference between the 2 men. The 1st got angry and "exploded". The 2nd used violence as punishment and stayed calm.

Claire19

You need to post the whole chart but sun square mars can be a prime indicator of violence and learned from the father. Uranus challenged can cause erratic and shocking behaviour that seems to come out of the blue. If linked with Mercury it shows mental instability. However it is mainly the oppositions that play out in the world.

dr. farr

Parallels of declination can show important connections, and also can act as moderating factors relative to longitudinal aspects as well.
I consider conjunctions (in longitude), Parallels (in declination) and oppositions (in longitude) to be the (usually) most significant factors involving planetary interactions.

tokyo.lights

Hard aspects between:

Sun & Pluto
Moon & Mars
Moon & Saturn
Mars & Saturn
Mars & Pluto

On their own, it might not mean much. But a few could suggest a violent temper.

Sun squ/opp Pluto
From what I've read, it suggests having your ego/self-esteem completely demolished at a young age. Implying a history of oppression and being a victim at the hands of someone powerful(Pluto). It leaves a person believing they have only two choices in life...destroy or be destroyed. So either live life imitating their oppressor or continue to meet Pluto through others. For a man, it probably brings out real anger issues and a bitterness over being so wronged. What's bizarre is that they want to embody the very person/people who have hurt them. Very sad...now they no longer need someone to ruin their life, they do that themselves. Assuming they're taken the dark route.

Moon squ/opp Mars
You find this a lot with men who have a history of violence towards women. Obviously there are exceptions! It might mean he attracts angry women.

Mars squ/opp Saturn
Similar to Sun&Pluto hard aspect, might imply suffering at the hands of someone powerful...or it might not. A few of my siblings have this and they were "spoiled".

My partner has all of these (except a trine between Mars&Pluto)and his youth was very anti-social. He's now in his early 30s and sane, but some issues still pop up...like his tyrannical and obsessive need for control at all times or always needing to have the upper hand.
I genuinely believe he subconsciously thinks he's going to die if he loses control, it's been programmed into the survival part of his brain.

deandv

i have sun square pluto, moon opp mars, moon conjuct saturn, and venus square pluto. im an aries sun, leo moon, scorpio rising, and cap mars. and i occasionally choose violence and i had a rough childhood bc i used to physically fight others and i dont mind if i had to fight someone

Osamenor

Staff member
i have sun square pluto, moon opp mars, moon conjuct saturn, and venus square pluto. im an aries sun, leo moon, scorpio rising, and cap mars. and i occasionally choose violence and i had a rough childhood bc i used to physically fight others and i dont mind if i had to fight someone

You're 104 years old?

That's the only way you could possibly have Pluto square an Aries Sun and Saturn conjunct a Leo Moon. That combination hasn't existed since 1918.

But during Aries month in 1918, Venus was in Aquarius and Pisces and Mars was in Scorpio. That would make the Venus and Mars aspects you're describing impossible.

OuterPlanets89

Violence tends to come from blocked flow, and repressed energy that doesn't have proper outlets.

For me, this seems to point to Moon and Mars as the primary inner planets responsible for anger issues, and Saturn, Pluto and Uranus as the primary outer planets. Obviously, any other planets can play a role in one's anger (i.e. Venus/Uranus often has erratic expressions of relating/love, and when involved with other negative aspects/factors, can point to potential violence).

T-Squares can also play a role, if the apex planet(s) is/are not well-integrated into the personality (or say, an unstable Moon).

My sister's ex had a pretty violent family (both his older brother and father). They both had fixed T-Squares -- the father had Leo Sun/Jupiter opposite Aqua Venus and Scorpio Mars/Saturn as the apex, while his brother had an Aqua Moon opposite a Leo Venus with Scorpio Uranus at the apex. His Cancer Mars was conjunct Mercury and square Saturn/Jupiter. Basically a family legacy of stubborn repression that would result in outbursts that everyone else was afraid to call out or escape from.

LostNOzarks

What about violence in a woman's chart? It's all the same. An angry mars with no outlet for expression other than close family or mate. But that being said - whatever sign combination represents a sun or mars emasculated in a male chart or female chart - there will be a problem. They will be out to hurt anyone who is in their way for whatever reason. Women tend to beat when they are in fear and Men tend to beat when they are in fear. Mars in anyone's chart will show a beater. Look at it closely. Mars overpowered by Saturn or Moon. Also - beatings can be a multiple way thing. If you are looking for evidence of beatings, look to saturn. Look at johnny heard and amber depp. beatings were multi dimensional, neither got out before it got ugly. the difference of mercury is how the story played out for two willing 'beaters' of each other.

wan

You're 104 years old?

That's the only way you could possibly have Pluto square an Aries Sun and Saturn conjunct a Leo Moon. That combination hasn't existed since 1918.

But during Aries month in 1918, Venus was in Aquarius and Pisces and Mars was in Scorpio. That would make the Venus and Mars aspects you're describing impossible.
His Pluto square is probably out of sign.

wan

Even an out of sign Pluto/Sun square is impossible for an Aries with Saturn in Leo born after 1918.
I think he was probably thinking about something else when he was typing that sentence and got mixed up. I remember this one time I was talking to someone about how much I liked Neptune in Pisces placements and I said I loved Moon conjunct Neptune natives, not realizing that they weren't even born yet, :lol:

Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member
I think he was probably thinking about something else when he was typing that sentence and got mixed up. I remember this one time I was talking to someone about how much I liked Neptune in Pisces placements and I said I loved Moon conjunct Neptune natives, not realizing that they weren't even born yet, :lol:
Plenty of people have Moon conjunct Neptune. It doesn't have to be in Pisces for that.

There are also Neptune in Pisces natives now living. The oldest of them are 11 years old.

wan

Plenty of people have Moon conjunct Neptune. It doesn't have to be in Pisces for that.

There are also Neptune in Pisces natives now living. The oldest of them are 11 years old.
Hmm. I don't remember what I said, then. I only vaguely recall that it had to do with Neptune.