Step-parents

In Western Astrology the 11th House represents the Step-Children because it is opposite the 5th House of natural children. Makes sense as Step-Children are weird, freaky little wishful thinking types creations of unions that are generally pretty erratic and unpredictable.
http://outthecometsass.blogspot.com/2007/01/step-parents-in-astrology.html

Also you might want to look at derived house meanings -- simply put it means turning the chart to say -- if you want to look at your children you put 5th house on Asc, if looking at first marriage 7th etc..

Researching rulers of houses will help you understand more where I joining the dots so to speak
http://www.cafeastrology.com/natal/rulersofhousesinhouses.html
http://www.trans4mind.com/personal_development/astrology/LearningAstrology/housesDerived.htm

aquarius7000

Hi Diva,

Moradiva said:
Where in the natal indicates step-parents?
Per traditional Astrology, the mother, in general, is ruled by the 10th house and the step-mother by the 7th from the 10th: the 4th house of the chart. By the same token, since the father is ruled by the 4th house (also taken for parents in general), the step-father, I should think, would be ruled by the 7th from the 4th of the chart: the 10th house.

astrologer50 said:
In Western Astrology the 11th House represents the Step-Children because it is opposite the 5th House of natural children. Makes sense as Step-Children are weird, freaky little wishful thinking types creations of unions that are generally pretty erratic and unpredictable.
The 11th house signifies the step-children, as the 11th is the 5th house from the 7th of the chart. The 7th signifies the partner, hence his/her 5th house signifies his/her children.

:)AQ7

The 11th house signifies the step-children, as the 11th is the 5th house from the 7th of the chart. The 7th signifies the partner, hence his/her 5th house signifies his/her children.

So using derived house system as you describe, would I be correct in thinking that my 3rd partner is described by my 11th and 5house along describes his children, being my 3rd???

Thanks A7

aquarius7000

So using derived house system as you describe, would I be correct in thinking that my 3rd partner is described by my 11th and 5house along describes his children, being my 3rd???
Well, though marriages, in general, are a 7th-house matter, some astrologers take the 7th to denote the 1st marriage, the 9th to denote the 2nd marriage, the 11th to denote the 3rd.., and so on (if there were a case like E.Taylor's;)). Hence, going by that, your delineation would be correct. However, other astrologers, like Marc Edmund Jones, often only look at the opposite house for the 'next' event, so, the first marriage would be the 7th house, the second marriage is assigned to the opposite house of the 7th: the 1st of the chart, whilst the third marriage would then be a matter of the 7th house again, as the 7th house is the house opposite the one denoting the 2nd marriage=1st house. By this method, it is more like a ping-pong game between the 7th and the 1st houses.

:)AQ7

Moradiva

Thanks all for replying. However, I'm still not clear though. I had 2 stepmothers & one stepfather. Both my parents are single now. I'll keep researching...