Intelligence

Rebel Uranian

OK, then - give me an experimental group of at least 300 charts with verified accurate and documented birth data with times that objectively meet a criteria that might be described as "intelligence". Let me know when you've gathered the data.

No offense intended, but you are still a beginner.

When I first encountered astrology as a young child and read astrology books voraciously I didn't even consider myself a beginner.

I considered myself a beginner when I began calculating charts by hand at age 16 (there were no astrology computer programs or the internet back then) - until I had calculated and delineated around a thousand charts.

Once I had my Saturn Return, I finally didn't consider myself a beginner anymore.

Please don't get ahead of yourself. Learn the craft and don't make pronouncements based on what you THINK something SHOULD mean.

Learn as much as you can from those who have come before you. Become a sponge. Some of the information you absorb will be useful, some will not. Develop your filters to separate the useful from the useless by actual experience, not from preconceived notions.

I wish you all the best in your journey of learning.

I am a beginner. That's why I can't do the first one quite yet. But how am I supposed to go further now? My parents are fine with astrology, but I don't think they'd be fine with me being so serious about it, and it's not something that I really like to talk about regardless.

I think it'd be interesting if we looked at intelligence in different areas such as logic, verbal skills, geometry, memory, etc. rather than just overall intelligence. It might reveal different advantages of different Mercury signs and different aspects. That's all I was saying.

Oh, I have the Sun trine Mars by the way, and that's why I'm not a genius.

Rebel Uranian

From Frank's experiment, there was a strong negative correlation with being intelligent and having the Sun trine Mars. I'm not technically a genius and I'm blaming it on this aspect. :tongue:

selfless

Banned
Intelligence depends on many facors in a horoscope..

1..where is 5th house's lord posited?
2..which planets are located in 5th house? their strength ?
3.. how is Mercury's position ?
4.. is there a BudhaDitya Yoga in the Kundli and in which house no. it is ?
etc..

Blackempress

Oh yeah,memory.I have Moon conjunct Mercury and my photographic memory *****:p .My brain uses words instead of images.There's always some type of "internal dialogue" going on in my head.I often forget people's faces,but never forget their names or their birth data:p

Lissa

I don't know where my aspects fall, but I agree with this! I remember dialogues years later but forget faces same day. & once I know someone's birth data, its stored & fresh even 20years later.

CapAquaPis

Not only Mercury and signs Gemini and Virgo have an influence to ones' IQ level (not necessarily, and geniuses are found in all signs of the zodiac): The signs of Aquarius and Capricorn, shared by the ruling planets Saturn and Uranus, and whatever the house the signs or planets were at natal birth charts: you simply have above-average intelligence, excelled in many academic studies in school or college, and possessed extraordinary talents and gifts in the fields of science, mathematics and language.

The planet Jupiter and signs of Sagittarius and Pisces share the same characteristics, and earth signs which Virgo and Capricorn are part of, including Taurus - ruled by Venus, are known for a more creative intellect and Libra also ruled by Venus are assistant to science research, projects and theories. Libras are an air sign themselves like Gemini and Aquarius, each associated with granting persons with incredible amounts of knowledge and information, and they acquired a scientific mindset, esp. enhanced by a solar air sign.

Anyone's 5th house, esp. the aspects of these signs and ruling planets appear in their own 5th house, expertise knowledge and a career in that 5th house's most popular or advanced profession. An example, if ones' 5th house is Scorpio: medical science, sexual psychiatry and marriage counseling are good choices to use their gifted knowledge.

Last edited:

Vagabondgirl

Yeah, why the 5th house for intelligence?? Isnt it more for hobbies, love affairs and children?

My 5th house in Leo is ruled by Sun, and its in Libra. Has not so much to do with my studying health-related subjects.... Although it is in the 6th house, but everything is there.

nemesis

never heard much about the 5th pertaining to intelligence either but I actually have a 5th house stellium (sun/merc in leo and saturn in virgo there).

no idea what that means though intelligence wise heh although I have found that with saturn in virgo conj my mercury it gives me a much more detail oriented mind. I am always editing myself and what I say before I say it and I think waaayyyy too much about things lol. I am always analysing what people say. Just very much a virgoan/cap influence on my merc for sure and my sun too of course.

CapAquaPis

I have a theory on the Sun-Aquarius-8th house intensfied the 5th house as Scorpio has an ability to make one very knowledgable in a certain topic or hobby. Imagine a scientist, but in the advanced or superb realm of Albert Einstein and Stephen Hawking, but star charts about their supposed acquired intellects or inherited genius are available - of course, may not have to do with the combination of having the sun in your birth sign on the 8th house.

Knight

I have Merc Rx in pisces and lord of 5,6 and 8th house, opposing Virgo Jupiter and leo mars and sesq. libra Pluto. Also, I have only one air planet (Pluto in Libra).
But in the same time my taurus moon and taurus venus are in the 3rd house.

Sociability: not at all. I do not look for groups and for associations, I don't like big parties, I don;t like meetings and discussions at the office.
In the same time I am brilliant in writing novels, I have a vivid imagination (also I have pisces sun) and I have a good intuition. I talk a lot but I get lost in overwhelming speeches and soon I start to think about something else, I can't follow a stressful discussion because I feel I am not interested to really "find the truth", I don;t give a ****. Anyway, my ideas are better (capri asc) and I feel that someone trying to persuade me is pushing and I treat him as an enemy (mars in 7th). I even try to annoy on-purpose the people that are too objective-thinkers.
In relation with other people, I look for nice conversation and peaceful speech, I don't like fiery type of speakers or people trying to persuade me (I even do not hear them, to be honest).

In school, I was brilliant, I am intelligent over the average and I can easily learn things. I have a problem in exposing my ideas that tend to be received as weird by the attendees; in writing I can do it much, much better.(my moon in 3rd is trine jupiter, mars and neptune - grand trine)

astretina

i've noticed mercury north node (rahu in vedic astrology) conjunction showing exceptional mind (especially mercury in fire signs conjunct north node)

ceo carter, the great astrologer says to look out for moon mercury conjunctions

http://www.astrologicalaspects.com/moonmercury/

and mercury jupiter conjunctions as well

http://www.astrologicalaspects.com/mercuryjupiter/

then you have fixed stars, such as agena (beta centauri) that gives great mental ability when conjunct mercury

phase of mercury and speed, moon as well

vedic astrologers say 1st 5th and 9th house delineations must be included if i'm not mistaken, many factors to analyze...