8th house and death

Jesusistheway

What are the different kinds of death one can experience depending on what sign your 8th house is under and what planet is in or not?

I have pluto in the 8th house under libra. So perhaps I die in confinement??? Libra is law, but then something else said I would die from kidney failure. I'd rather have the latter. The former is a possibility, however, that is a fear of mine subsequently. I need to pray to St. Joseph for a good death cause I don't want the former.

What about yours?

This is actually therapeutic to talk about for me. Using regiomantus I have pluto in the 8th (which is more fitting) then regular placidus of it being in the 9th house. Perhaps it is in both?

waybread

JITW, death calculations are based on much more than the sign/s and planets in your 8th house. Traditional astrologers spent a lot of time "determining" their clients' (and enemies') time and manner of death. The trouble is, their formulae were often different and their low accuracy rates were part of the reason why astrology was dropped as a university subject in Europe during the Renaissance/Enlightenment.

If you wish to discuss death, that's fine; but there is not a sure-fire way to predict it using astrology, let alone a simple look at the 8th house.

I mean, if this stuff really worked, don't you think that the life insurance industry, actuarial scientists, health care providers and the funeral home industry would be all over it by now? Astrologers would get rich consulting to these industries.

Any given 8th house planet or sign on the house cusp will take in 1/12 of the human population, respectively. This amounts to something like 580 million people with a given sign on the 8th or a given planet in the 8th.

It makes more sense to consider the 8th house as saying something about your attitudes about death. However, the 8th house also rules other phenomena like inheritances, genital organs, and the friends of your employer.

there has been loads of threads on this topice

May I suggest you read the 'welcome to the world of astrology’ and other ---sticky' at the top of this forum? It has some great explanations, links etc. At the top of every forum there are lots of ‘stickys’ which explain matters in that forum, along with guidelines & tips

There is a 'plethora' of information on AW, espec in the 'stickys' at the top of every forum, our Education forum and Recommendations forum to. Plus we have a good search feature,[but not foolproof obviously, so try here first] bit like google using keywords – initially select advanced and try just selecting 'titles' rather than posts or you'll get too many threads. If this doesn’t get results then try google

BobZemco

What are the different kinds of death one can experience depending on what sign your 8th house is under and what planet is in or not?

It is a complex interpretation using both Houses of Death, the 4th and 8th House, plus the 7th House, and also the 1st Triplicity Ruler of the 4th House.

I have pluto in the 8th house under libra.

Pluto has nothing to do with death.

So perhaps I die in confinement???

That would depend on who is confining you. A lot of people die in confinement. Some in prison, some as prisoners of war, and some as victims who were kidnapped, beaten, raped, tortured and then murdered.

There is House for each those.

But you don't have to worry about that.

This is actually therapeutic to talk about for me. Using regiomantus I have pluto in the 8th (which is more fitting) then regular placidus of it being in the 9th house. Perhaps it is in both?

That isn't how it is done. It's the 8th Sign, not 8th House. Why? Because it is the 8th Sign that is inconjunct the rising-Sign, not the 8th House, although to be sure the 8th House is also inconjunct the 1st House.

So, if you have Libra on the 7th House Cusp and Libra on the 8th House Cusp, a Planet in Libra in the 8th House is not inconjunct the Ascendant, but a Planet in Scorpio in the 8th House would be.

In any event, we don't actually care what Planets are in the 8th House except under certain circumstances, like the ruler of the 4th or 8th in the 8th or the 1st Triplicity Ruler of the 4th House in the 8th House.

Under certain select other special circumstances, it would matter if Venus/Jupiter or Mars/Saturn were there.

[deleted attacking comments - Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:

Jesusistheway

Okay Bob now that you said if Mars and Saturn were there I feel like I may have a violent death if I relocate to Israel. That is a goal of mine. So how would you go about figuring out your death if you relocate? Which chart do you use now the birth natal chart or the relocation chart??

Well looking at my natal chart, Virgo is the sign of the 8th house and its ruler is in the 5th house. I am not sure if Mercury is detriment in Scorpio's house or just neutral. Then there's the fourth house which is under the sign of Taurus, again the ruler is Venus in the 5th house. Now the 1st house is ruled by Aquarius and Uranus is in the 10th house so I guess the 1st triplicity ruler is air or fire?? Not sure on that one though I read about it on wikipedia. Now the 7th house is governed by Leo and the Sun is in the 5th house. What is up with the 5th house rulers?? ah that's scary lol. I will die giving child birth, just kidding, that's a bad joke. So that's the natal now its time for the relocation chart. Btw, I am really curious as to go about figuring out that question in the paragraph above.

In Israel, the Sun is the ascendent in the ruler is in the 11th house (so its in good shape I think?). Then the fourth house has the sign of scorpio with Mars and Saturn there, yikes!! They are conjunct! War victim? Maybe I shouldn't move there. Perhaps I feel unconsciously drawn to go there and have a violent death lol. This is so not funny, dang gemini in me. The 8th house is ruled by Pisces and the moon is in there (mother figure comes into play?), and cancer is in the 12th house.

Speak or forever hold your peace.

Astro50 I found another thread that spoke about having rulers and dignities and such and that was helpful, thanks.

Waybread, I would agree on basing it soley on the 8th house, I was ignorant. But, I like traditional astrology's analysis better. I figure since its ancient they made less errors along the way and just needed to improve on some stuff but you still can't do without it.

Attachments

• astro_22gw_02_anonymous.8326.30793.jpg
    astro_22gw_02_anonymous.8326.30793.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 19
  • astro_2gw_02_anonymous.8349.31101.jpg
    astro_2gw_02_anonymous.8349.31101.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

Prisma

Under certain select other special circumstances, it would matter if ...Mars...were there.
Yikes!
I'm gonna get shot...in a foreign country! Or in a car crash!
or maybe not.
Whathever... Maybe it'll be quick and painless.
And I'll be thankful for the life enjoyed so far.

Attachments

• Mychart.jpg
    Mychart.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 24

TayTay

In any event, we don't actually care what Planets are in the 8th House except under certain circumstances, like the ruler of the 4th or 8th in the 8th or the 1st Triplicity Ruler of the 4th House in the 8th House.

Under certain select other special circumstances, it would matter if Venus/Jupiter or Mars/Saturn were there.

I didn't know that. Interesting.

I have the ruler of the 4th house (Venus) in the eighth house.
e5ld1y.gif

ptolomy

I've never been convinced that the time and type of death can be predetermined astrologically,Every death chart i've looked at was unconvincing.I have been more convinced that its possible to see the death of someone close in family and friends charts transits etc.. I'm of the opinion that we are not meant to know for very good reasons.I personally believe in what is written in the 'Tibetan book of the dead' about the death experience,The being of light will make it clear that the moment of Death was predetermined,but its possible for us to contravene this by either murder or suicide,But that these are not acceptable behaviours and have consequences.I suggest you read 'Life After Life' written by Raymond A Moody.Its a book about near death experiences.

waybread

Ptolomy, it is nice to see some common sense and common courtesy on this thread.

Death prediction is a potentially nasty business and it is proscribed by the ethics codes of several leading astrological associations. You can imagine how an unscrupulous astrologer on the take could prey on vulnerable, fearful clients with "death clock" pseudo-predictions. We are all a bit like Mickey Mouse in the Disney version of The Sorcerer's Apprentice in Fantasia even when are hearts are pure and intentions are good.

JITW, just to straighten out a few matters.

Although I practice modern astrology I do not believe in conflating signs and houses, except in specific instances where there is a solid tradition behind it. See Deborah Houlding: Houses: Temples of the Sky.

The 12th house deals with confinement of various sorts, including hospitals, which is probably where most folks die these days. The 4th house is also a traditional house of death.

The law as a body of knowledge is a 10th house matter. Litigation, however, is a 7th house matter (the house of "open enemies".)

There really is no common horoscope pattern in death moments. Just possibly because death is comparable to birth into another dimension. Oftentimes you will see big quincunx patterns in the survivors' charts indicating an adjustment.

There are famous cases of big bloopers by traditional astrologers who predicted the death times of their critics--and got it wrong.

So far as free will goes, Bob, where have I ever claimed it to be absolute? We all deal with physical, embodied, material reality. Everybody is going to die at some point, whether they wish to or not. My concern with a highly deterministic perspective is that defeatist people sometimes blame fate for circumstances that they actually have the power to change. People sometimes would rather cling to the reasons why their lives reek in a self-justifying manner than they would take the big steps to change the unwanted circumstances.

dr. farr

I consider the various techniques for predicting "when" death will occur, and its circumstances, to be very valuable BUT NOT AS DEATH PREDICTIONS (which really don't work very well when exactness is considered) but rather as WARNINGS about times and circumstances which can be perilous for the individual concerned, and therefore as times for one not to take unusual risks, and to pay a bit more attention to one's health and well being; now using these "death prediction" techniques with THIS understanding, we really wind up lengthening a person's life, and often preventing them from hurting themselves (one way or the other) during those times of possibly increased "peril"; so that is why I value the various "death prediction" techniques, not to try to guess when someone is going to die, but rather to determine indicated times and circumstances of potential peril, so that the person CAN DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT-for me, there is no value in knowing a trend or future event WITHOUT also knowing what to do about it.
If deterministic absoulte fatalism were the reality in this World, then I would rather not know anything about the future...

Last edited:

Lion o ness

I wish I had my uncles birth time.. I would like to see what his 8th was doing.

He drowned in a cemetery pond. The water was about knee high

Apparently he was drunk and he either passed out in the cemetery and some how rolled into the pond.

Or He fell into the pond and was too drunk to get out.

No- one knows how long he was in the pond for.. The cemetery drained the pond for cleaning, and then there he was.

He was then a John Doe for a few months until they figured out who he was.

So Neptune is involved some how.. Not sure if it would be natal or transits though..

Sad but true...