Voice and Astrology

Lissa

My mom has Mars in Leo in the 4th.When she gets mad,you hear her,no matter how far from her you are!So I can attest to that theory...:lol:

I have both my Mercury and Venus in Aries,though not conjunct.I have a terrible singing voice,and so does my Mercury in Virgo/Libra Venus mom!People who hear us singing never know if they should cry or laugh...but they usually end up laughing.Histerically.:smile:

laureate

I've got several prize in singing contests. My natal MOON makes a tight conjunction with venus in Taurus, opposing pluto in scorpio.

I guess the moon venus conjunction made my voice appears to be beautiful, while the plutonian influence adds some mystical and sexy feeling.

Last edited:

Lady Honora

I have Venus in Gemini and Moon in Taurus, both in the forth house. My speaking voice has been described as very high-pitched and shrill (Gemini influences?). Normally, my voice fluctuates, sometimes high, occasionally lower, but it's not deep. People have pleaded with me to drop my speaking voice an octave, or even three! At least my voice is crisp, light, and clear, though it can be breathy at times, and it carries well. I can also scream and sing at extremely high pitches (I can hit the C three octaves above middle C, although it sounds like I'm practically screaming from the diaphragm!). As for singing voice type, I'm a mezzo-soprano.

Last edited:

Vista

I have Venus in Sag and Mercury in Aquarious in sextile and have been told many times that I have a very nice sounding voice. I can also sing as well.

From what I have observed, people who have Venus Trine, Sextile, or conjunction to Mercury usually have what would be considered very pleasing sounding voices, which could also carry over to singing
of course.:smile:
Vista

byjove

Account Closed
Anyone know anything about Mercury in Pisces regarding the voice? Any observations? I've often read it makes good dancers. Both myself and my dad really enjoy dancing.

If it's about Venus, I've that one in Pisces too. Cancer rising, Moon in 3rd Virgo. I'd love to sing but I haven't really tested that...

Any other ideas on generic indicators of voice 'types'? I'm sure all the lovely singers in the world don't fit into Venus in Taurus.

BluEyedGrl105

I've found a lot of talented singers have hard Venus-Saturn aspects.

It may have something to do with Venus ruling the vocal cords while Saturn relates to control.

M

may28gemini

Star
Man I have mercury in Gemini and I can holler! I can scream so high-pitched it can blow the eardrums out of an elephant! I want to be heard darn it- Mercury in gemini third house..

I have Taurus Mars and Gemini Mercury conjunct Venus. I've been told I have a sweet sounding voice and my singing voice can be high and angelic sounding. I was in choir throughout my youth and I liked listening to opera. I never envisioned myself being a singer or using my voice professionally... but people often tell me that it's expressive so I should at least try to do get into voice acting. My Mercury does conjunct MC so it could be a good fit.

Alitta the Archer

Virgo Ascendant here. I've been told that I have a soft pleasant voice.
My Mercury conjunct Venus, Pluto and Sun in 3rd House, Sagittarius.
I've always been the one to represent speeches in my high school projects and I still do in the Uni.
I'm knowing for my strong confident tone and for being the most persuasive.

LovelyNomad7

In conversational speech I have a soft sensual voice. However, when I have to give speeches or get upset I speak with authority. I used to be a cheerleader so I can definitely yell. My voice is a bit deeper than some women's. I used to be in choir when I was younger and sang alto.

LeoCassandra

I can only talk about speaking voices:unsure: i've noticed people wth Mercury in air sign (especially Gemini) have high pitched voices. Females with Mercury in Cancer have such a lovely calming voices:love: (Liv Tyler). If the Sun is in Gemini the voice is a little bit higher.

M

may28gemini

I can only talk about speaking voices:unsure: i've noticed people wth Mercury in air sign (especially Gemini) have high pitched voices. Females with Mercury in Cancer have such a lovely calming voices:love: (Liv Tyler). If the Sun is in Gemini the voice is a little bit higher.

I can verify that it's true for Gemini Mercury to have high voices. I've met a lot of Gemini Mercury people (mostly with Gemini Sun) and they have high pitched voices (even the males). I'm a Gemini Sun with Gemini Mercury and I have a high voice- no exception. It is not squeaky but it is high and when I sing, it can go very high. I'm definitely a soprano.

I've read that cats love high pitched sounds and when I squeak my voice high, cats just come to me. I can make my voice go so high and sound kid like that it literally fools people. I use to do a lot of prank calls LOL

Kukka

Sun in Cancer, moon in gemini, tinkerbell voice...

Sometimes bitchy way of speaking with personality of Leo Mercury square Pluto..

Coldness and authority often due to Saturn opp. moon.

Blackbird

Hello, another singer here. People tell me that I have a pleasant, yet emotional and haunting singing voice, but I don't think there's anything special about my speaking voice though. I'm usually a silent speaker, but at certain times I can be really dramatic and animated with my speech and that somewhat cofuses others. My sun and mercury are both in leo, moon in cancer and I'm a virgo asc with venus resting in the 1st house.

BluEyedGrl105

Fran Drescher has Venus in Scorpio (her chart ruler) in 2H sextile Mercury. You'd think she'd have a nicer speaking voice lol.

Hm... Her 3H Cap Moon is square her Libra planets. But otherwise I don't see it.

Of course, it's very possible Astrotheme has her TOB wrong.

llama

My sister has both her mercury and venus in gemini and her voice is relatively high pitched and very loud. Our voices are actually pretty similar but my voice is a bit higher pitched and I speak slowly whereas she speaks very fast. I have my mercury in Pisces and my venus in Aries.

I also have a friend who has a really high pitched voice that people compare to Alvin and the chipmunks. Both her venus and mercury are in Aries.

lazarusx

Mercury conjuncts Moon in Gemini for me.

My emotions and thought are so fused together that when i do speak it's almost always from an emotional center, so depending on my emotional state my pitch will rise or fall. It swings between deeply authoritarian, warmly charismatic and quiet uncertainty.

I actually have a lot of difficulty with communicating, venus/mars in the third squaring Pluto. I have to be careful about what i say.. because my words will often cut through to the very core of an issue and to some people it's like im reflecting their own secrets back at them, so they react negatively.