Ironic - jupiter transit in 10th house - but career doomed!

lost

Hello friends,

I am a firm believer of the science of astrology but there is something that has not been making sense to me offlate.:innocent:

My chart for your reference is attached here. The sign in my 10th house is pisces and as Jupiter is transiting pisces this year, it should bring luck, expansion and opportunity to my career. But quite the opposite, my career is doomed. I lost my job at the end of last year out of blue with no reason but cruel intervention of fate.:crying:

Ever since then i had been trying hard to get a new and better job but to no avail. It feels like its not jupiter but saturn transiting my career house, which is obviously not true as saturm is in my 4th house.:mad:

In fact everytime jupiter has transits my house it keeps bringing back luck to that field of my life, instead of bringing goodluck and opportunities.:surprised:

Lemme know what' s your take on it and if you can see when will i get a new job this year.

Attachments

• western birthchart.gif
    western birthchart.gif
    46 KB · Views: 152

lillyjgc

Senior Member, Educational board Editor
I think it's because Saturn is opposing it at the moment and jupiter's also squaring transiting pluto.Even though Jupiter in pisces is exalted, its positive effects have been greatly nullified by its opposition to saturn-not called the Greater Malefic for nothing.
Lilly

Tora

Jupiter brings bad lucks if its condition isn't great.
For example, you have your jupiter in the 8th, other people's resources so your luck doesn't increase but you increase other people's resources (feel like you've got a short stick huh?). My jupiter is in 7th house and I bring luck to people but not to myself.

Also, your only aspect to jupiter is a square from pluto, jupiter is in Aquarius. I'd say your jupiter isn't in great shape. That's why.

AquariusT

Some of the worse things that happened to me in my lifetime were under *good* Jupiter transits. My astrology teacher told me a long time ago Jupiter is not always a benefic friend. Good Luck to you.

Firstly, for a proper evaluation you need to post your chart, preferably with progressions and transits on same wheel found in extended chart selection. Reduce the ratio of orbs to 80%, select smallest image size 63% on picture,then choose house system (my personal preference is for Equal house rather than the default of placidus), right mouse click and select 'save target pic as' and save to hard drive then upload here

For something 'major' to happen, it should also be reflected in your transits, progressions and possibly solar arcs. So don't ignore these methods in favour of JUST transits :smile:

Firstly, your natal Jupiter is not in great shape in fact it only has one aspect - square to pluto
:jupiter::square::pluto:
"suggests that you set yourself up as a law unto yourself and rarely agree with accepted codes. Dogmatic and exaggerating, you could be an adventurer or a gambler. Oddly enough, you see-saw between overconfidence and self-doubt. Learn to profit from your experiences and don't exploit others for your own benefit."
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/jupiteraspects.html#juspl

"You may be someone who feels compelled to take the all or nothing approach to life at times. All forms of extremism or fanaticism can wind up producing unwanted negative effects and you risk antagonizing those who would otherwise embrace your causes. You possess a high level of ambition and the probability for some kind of large scale success or wealth would not be at all surprising with this aspect in your chart. Seek the middle path and try to avoid overindulgent lifestyles. A little self-imposed discipline is much easier to deal with..."
http://www.skyviewzone.com/astrology/aspectsjupiter.htm#najuasppl

Saturn the great malific is the most problematic in your chart ie: square sun, moon and mercury which will have a dampening down effect on your 'luminaries' so instead of being dreamy restless procrastinating pisces, you will be more like a subdued Cappi, cautious reserved, emotionally reserved and quite able to endure financial hardships (like mom) the square to mercury is good for study

So what basically happens is that when a nice Transit like Jupiter comes along conjuncting your moon, mercury and then sun, it also 'sets off' those planets natal aspects and therefore make a square to natal Saturn. THIS is the problem why do you don't see benefits from Jupiter over these and MC :surprised:

Also having a rebellious streak like this natal aspect --
:uranus::square: MC

Uranus in Square Midheaven "You can be an extremely efficient worker. You have an aptitude for finding shortcuts and this inborn talent comes in very handily in the career department. Your innermost self rebels at having to put up with a steady dose of being told what and how to do something. This is because you have an inventive mind that can zero in on a more effective way to get the job done. Alas, there are too many who would rather stick with the tried and true."
http://www.skyviewzone.com/astrology/aspectsuranus.htm

Now, Transiting Neptune is soon to conj Mercury/sun unfortunately
http://www.astrology-x-files.com/transits/neptune-cj-sun.html

[deleted overly long and too many quotes against forum rules - Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:
Money & you
http://www.astrotheme.com/files/money_and_you.php
career significators
http://www.librarising.com/astrology/misc/significators.html
Professional & Destiny
http://www.astrotheme.com/files/astrology_professional_destiny.php
http://www.librarising.com/astrology/misc/significators.html

You do find a lot of pisces in the 'caring professions' what is it that you do now and what is it you are looking to do pls?

With 3planets in 9th house you could well live and work abroad, go into teaching/higher education, in fact all 9th house stuff
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/temples/h9.html

Moon rules 2nd and is placed 9th, scorpio/pluto rules 6th and is placed in 5th house of creativity, children, self employment:smile:

Bir Singh Khari

In your natal chart
1. lord of 10th is in debilitation and situated in 8th .
2.It is aspected by saturn too.
3.10th house is hammed between malafics .
4. 6th lord is also in 10th .
Presant dasha lord ( 10th lord jupitar ) is not in a position to render you positive results .
Above all saturn's aspect (transit) on your 10th and jupitars position (transit) in 10th is not at all in favour of your career.

lost

@ Astrologer 50 -

Firstly I really wana thank u for taking time for answering my queries. Infact you have often helped me out with my queries here. Moreover you so patiently guide the junior members here and help with ur insightful answers.
I often look out for ur replies to threads, they all always well explained n insightful.

There is a slight change in my chart then what is being produced by astro.com (drawbacks of being born on borderline:mad:) My sun n mercury falls at 29 deg aqua, instead of pisces :smile:. I am attaching my selfmade chart herewith.

By profession i am a lawyer, which happened almost as an accident:innocent:. My interests include astrology, psychology, writing, designing n in future (when i hv saved enuff money to support myself through a career struggle :unsure:) i intend to make a career in these fields. I wonder if u can see a change of vocation in someone's chart. If you do please do tell me what are they.

For quite some time now i hv been looking for a job (since dec 2009) but nothing is working out. I attach my progressed + transit chart here. Can you see me finding a job anytime soon:sad:?

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• astro_245gw_01_sonal_2010727_he.70717.6774.jpg
    astro_245gw_01_sonal_2010727_he.70717.6774.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 75
  • Doc1.doc
    90.5 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:

summerstar

Hello!
I would like to suggest that Uranus, also transiting the area of your midheaven, and Pluto transiting the ruler of your MH, (Neptune) may be the culprits.
I have to say though, that I also have had something strange regarding Jupiter recently - when Jupiter went retrograde about a week ago, (in my 1st house), I had- a stranger offer to buy my vehicle with cash, and a really great discount for a gym membership, both within 48 hours after the station and retrograde. And it wasn't just me - at an intersection a man also at the red light I was waiting at ran out and picked up a large denomination bill out of the street. I was dumbfounded by the luck appearing out of nowhere, whenever the effects of Jupiter were supposed to be reversing. I am now wondering if it is because my natal Jupiter is retrograde.

beatnikgirl

Hello friends,

I am a firm believer of the science of astrology but there is something that has not been making sense to me offlate.:innocent:

My chart for your reference is attached here. The sign in my 10th house is pisces and as Jupiter is transiting pisces this year, it should bring luck, expansion and opportunity to my career. But quite the opposite, my career is doomed. I lost my job at the end of last year out of blue with no reason but cruel intervention of fate.:crying:

Ever since then i had been trying hard to get a new and better job but to no avail. It feels like its not jupiter but saturn transiting my career house, which is obviously not true as saturm is in my 4th house.:mad:

In fact everytime jupiter has transits my house it keeps bringing back luck to that field of my life, instead of bringing goodluck and opportunities.:surprised:

Lemme know what' s your take on it and if you can see when will i get a new job this year.

I'm confused I ran a chart for you and the one you displayed is very different, can I double check your DOB 19 02 1985 13.15?

If the chart I ran is correct the current transits you are experiencing involve saturns transit to you 10th house,
but don't worry it may not be as bad as you first thought as Jupiter is in you 4th which I think signal a change of environment or a move to a new home city country etc could offer a way out of your present difficulties, like anytime saturn starts trouble its all about getting pushed out of ones comfort zone and having to work hard and make changes in ones life to grow and overcome saturns barriers.

I'm confused I ran a chart for you and the one you displayed is very different, can I double check your DOB 19 02 1985 13.15?

If the chart I ran is correct the current transits you are experiencing involve saturns transit to you 10th house,
but don't worry it may not be as bad as you first thought as Jupiter is in you 4th which I think signal a change of environment or a move to a new home city country etc could offer a way out of your present difficulties, like anytime saturn starts trouble its all about getting pushed out of ones comfort zone and having to work hard and make changes in ones life to grow and overcome saturns barriers.

astro chart seems pretty accurate to me :cool:

Your question would be suitable for a horary question, IF you follow the basic rules
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/faq.php?faq=horary#faq_horary_astrology_boards

maybe some research into Pallas as your progressed sun is fast approaching.

dr. farr

Jupiter in the natal is in partile conjunction with the difficult star, Dabih (see indications of Dabih with Jupiter in Robson; also at the constellationsofwords site)
Some of us believe that the dynamic impression made upon us by the natal position and condition of each natal planet, gets reactivated by transits of that planet; perhaps the natal Jupiter/Dabih impression gets reactivated by Jupiter transits...

lost

@ summerstar
wow!! wot fun!
so as jupiter's retro get ready for luck showering from the sky:biggrin:
hey btw jupiter in da 1st house will sure be making u lucky!
isn't uranus a gud planet to have on ur MC (sudden changes for the betterment)? shouldn't it bring positive changes?
Do u think by the time tr pluto goes away from natal neptune, my career vil appear promising?

@beaknikgirl
Hey, thankz 4 taking da trouble:smile:, but dat is jus not possible. My birth date n time is da same but are u keeping India (Jaipur) as the place of birth. sunrise time on my birthday was 7 o' clock (sun being 29 aqua) so acc to dat my Asc is at 7deg30' gemini.

Do let me know if after considering this also u think my asc is not correct.

Tanne

Hi

Using Medieval Astrology and profecting your chart to this year.

You are ruled by the Moon - this indicates many changes coming to you this year. Your Moon is applying to a square with Saturn - this would mean that this year is difficult for you.
Your career is ruled by Mars - this means strife and separation - you said that you lost your job. Mars is conjunct Venus so I believe that there is hope of you finding a job this year. A good time is between the 19th Oct and the 19th Dec.

sethi

hello lost

You should change your name.

In my methodology, your 10th house is afflicted. So whenever jupiter will contact your 11 house (with mars and venus) then you will feel its good effect.

But cheer up because transiting jupiter is now in aries and also saturn is not causing you any problems. So this year you may get a new better job or you may change your job for a better one.

MertSerimer

I think it's because Saturn is opposing it at the moment and jupiter's also squaring transiting pluto.Even though Jupiter in pisces is exalted, its positive effects have been greatly nullified by its opposition to saturn-not called the Greater Malefic for nothing.
Lilly

Saturn is not great malefic. it is in my 7th house now and got lots of relationships since it entered that house. They were lots up and downs but important point is i learned a lot from SATURN. So Saturn helped me alot. But Saturn in my chart is really strong. It is in capricorn(own sign) in 11th house(2nd own house) and getting none of hard aspects. So Saturn works benefic for me.

Saturn is just a hard teacher. It tests first then teaches ;)

Last edited:

Munch

I too lost my job while Jupiter was transiting my 6th house...of course Uranus was along for the ride at the time.