Natal planets for children in a Single-Parent (or Adopted) home

Raquel

Hello everyone,

I always had an intense relationship with my mother, intense in a kind of strong bond. I always had the need to protect her, and we were best friends, as sisters.
My father was working away from home, but the weekends he spent with us.
He had always betrayed my mom.
My father said that when I was 4 years old, when we go to a walk all together (me, my mom and him) and when he looked to another woman, I was always pushing him to don't look... because I had always the feeling trying to avoid everything that could make mother suffer... he had also calendars with naked women and I was always throwing them away from him. Just to explain how much my passion for my mom was since a young age.
At my 14's she died with a Lymphoma Non-Hodgkin. She was 33.
My father still not to be present, me and my sister gone to live with grandparents.

I have Pluto and Venus in the 4th House, Moon in Pisces (8th House), Moon square uranus, opp. mercury... trine chiron
Sun conj.Mars(3rd house)/sq.jupiter/sq.neptune/sq.chiron/sext.asc

Saturn conj. uranus and nept.

Last edited:

flea

betty lunstead writes about astrology relating to family relationships, might be worth having a read. Though I dont totally follow her thoughts. I can see that our parental situation can reflect our own inner yin-yang integration. So I think of masciline and feminine approaches that can be emobodied by either a mother or a father. A father can act in feminine ways and mothers in masculine ways, so gender are principles and sex is the emobodiment.

x

Claire19

I have often wondered what the planets (specifically Moon & Saturn) would represent in a child who was raised by a single mother or father.
In the case of the single father, would both Saturn AND the Moon represent the father since he has to fulfill both roles? (vice versa for the mother - would both Saturn + moon represent the mother)
If the child or parent wanted to do a synastry chart, would they look at both for representation; how does this work?

** Especially in the case of say, a child who was adopted from a very young age by a single parent, or a child who lost one parent at the baby stage.

BQ: since I touched on the topic of a child who's adopted, would the Moon represent both mothers and Saturn both fathers?
I think we need to look at the 4th and 10th houses for parenting.
Moon Saturn can mean that biological mother dies at birth and so the child may be adopted or brought up by father..Sometimes that child has Moon in Virgo for a single mother....or the mother has...If Saturn is in the 4th say then that can indicate father doing the nurturing. If Moon is in the 10th say, that can mean the mother took on the breadwinner role and as acted as the authority parent or the "father" role. There are many scenarios.

I do know a guy that has Moon conjunct Saturn that was adopted out and his mother had given up him up through lack of resources, being very poor, from a third world country...and he has a better life in an affluent country.

I've read the Moon/Saturn square aspect represents 'suffering'. Stands to reason the moon(emotions) in a challenge with Saturn(authority)

one other aspect that I found startling for a person with a broken family. If at the time of birth, your moon was full, (moon/sun opposition) it represents parents not compatible at conception.

Claire19

Hello.
Hard moon-saturn contacts seem to have hard childwood memories. I would say that's a sign of not getting enought love in childhood or don't feel loved during it. So i wouldn't be surprised if i saw an orpahn with it.
Moon in capricorn may have smilar effects in estim.

Fragoso
Moon Saturn can mean a difficult family life with the mother having to work or be both parents. I know someone adopted who has it.
So his mother may have died during his birth or soon after. As it is in Taurus it may be that she was too poor to raise him....This is a very vulnerable position and the emotions are often painful and repressed.

Claire19

I've read the Moon/Saturn square aspect represents 'suffering'. Stands to reason the moon(emotions) in a challenge with Saturn(authority)

one other aspect that I found startling for a person with a broken family. If at the time of birth, your moon was full, (moon/sun opposition) it represents parents not compatible at conception.
Moon Saturn means that the emotions are often hardened and the person is seen as rather uncaring due to lack of nurturance themselves.
It is more the parental influence and the mother may have been harsh and authoritarian... Sometimes it means the father has to do the mothering or nurturing. It depends on the aspects otherwise.