the Cap Stellium of 1988-1991

MaeMae

Banned
from a parent~adult perspective, i can honestly offer that of all the children i encountered as my son grew up, exhibited either incredible self awareness or seemed completely lost. Pluto lends his hand to Neptune and Saturn equally.
the self aware ones ~ critical thinkers for sure.
the lost ones finding anchor not in self but in other things and people. art, music, booze, drugs, skateboards, and more.
one of my son's peers in school is establishing a political career at age 23. Another is addicted to meth and pole dancing at 23.
Another, a brilliant athlete ~ college football scholarship, discovered pot and girls in high school and by end of sophomore year was kicked off team for violating academic probation. This kid was one of the smartest in school early on.
Half of these kids with two parents, half with mom only.
Moon relationships for these saturn-strong kids are key.

MaeMae

Banned
i'd be remiss not to acknowledge that all kinds of generations have achievers, visionaries & artists ~ but this group has no grey between them.
Those born to parents of Jup~Saturn Cap conj (1960-61) are reinforced by Saturn, if not resistant to Saturn, through natal chart.

Zonark

Also part of the Cap stellium here. My chart is attached.

I am definitely part of the less achievement oriented split (in the conventional sense anyway) though as a child I was committed to making a name for myself as an artist and would draw nonstop for most of the day everyday, wanting nothing but blank white sheets of paper as birthday presents for quite a few years. I had two goals then; to be a famous artist or a devoted priest (I was raised Catholic and didn't see much else outside of the 'box' at first). My parents discouraged me from the art thing, saying fame rarely happens for artists and I struggled with that assertion for a while before becoming enamored with my personal quest for direct spiritual experience. It's still a ghost of the past that comes back to haunt me but is not as important to me as it was then.

When puberty hit, Pluto in Scorpio's energy really dominated my life. I became an avowed atheist completely rejecting my Catholic upbringing, my parents divorced (took 5 years to finalize the legal process and ended with my mother having sole custody), I became addicted to computer gaming, was placed on tons of psychiatric medications, began struggling with assertions from my mother that my father had drugged and sexually abused me (was diagnosed with dissociative PTSD by one shrink, called a liar by a few others, very confusing and still is), destroyed all the art I had created up until then, fell into severe depression, had a few close calls with death (from attempted suicide and other sources), some unnecessarily intense relationships for someone so young and just generally experienced quite a bit in a short span of time. Many of my friends were hardcore drug addicts and I also experimented with everything under the sun but derived a sick satisfaction out of never succumbing to addiction to any of those drugs (all the while never being able to tear myself away from video games and the information overload of the internet).

While I wasn't gaming, doing drugs or in a shrink's office I was searching for as much spiritual, philosophical and occult truth as I could digest. Despite identifying as an atheist my search for spiritual knowledge actually intensified and I became less self absorbed (and more self deprecating).

I had my first acid trip at age 16 and it completely changed my outlook, astrally projected for the first time at age 17 and at age 18 attempted to establish a commune to do what I could to avert what I saw as a frighteningly wasteful culture on the verge of total destruction. Finding most of my generation to be either too concerned with personal achievement or too cynical I found one already being constructed by a group of older people into alternative medicine and Buddhism and spent 2 years working my *** off at the farm and doing obtuse spiritual practices and participating in rituals misappropriated from numerous different spiritual systems. I became disillusioned with that during the time spent there, went back home and got a job at an herbal apothecary to further enrich my interest in natural healing methods. While there I discovered the husband of the owner was an out of commission astrologer due to having had a serious stroke, so I spent my lunch breaks perusing his astrology books. That was my first introduction to astrology.

When winter hit, there was no work for me and I went back home to spend all my time researching astrology and making art. I fell in love with someone from the Sagittarius generation and am currently working on establishing myself as a shamanic counselor. I'm most interested in working with dying people and veterans with PTSD using a highly unconventional approach that hopefully some would prefer to receive.

Life's roller coaster has certainly been very bumpy and I have tried to leave out as many bumps as possible to make this short and sweet. Nothing about anyone of my generation's life stories is short and sweet though. Or at least, I haven't met many for whom that is true.

Last edited:

lazarusx

^ It really is bizarre how similar my own experiences growing up have been to yours Zonark, from the computer gaming/internet addiction.. to the psychedelic drugs and the pursuit for spiritual,philosophical truth.

Even a friend of mine of whom i lived with for a couple of years also went through strikingly similar experiences, which is probably why we got along so well.. although he's a part of the Sagittarius generation.

MaeMae

Banned
zonark - thank you so much for telling your story here with the rest of us. your moon cancer opp, like my son's, really indicates the mother authoritarian. my son's opp is also a parallel, and that has indications of conjunctive qualities.
....back to the natal moon aspect to pluto....
do you guys have good or bad aspects from moon? i think pluto is razors edge to this stellium group ~ so closely aspected to sat/uran/nept ~ it can break you guys through or break you down ~ but it has been my impression with this age group that where they are is not where they want to stay.
there seems a constant plutonic longing/need to "push through" ( like a seedling sprouting up through earth) and not be static, despite all the static saturn energy. the connective rods in your charts are clearly the planets and aspects that affect the pluto/cap stellium sextile. and of course neptune in that stell mix can really muck thinks up for the whole bunch.
it stands out to me, zonark, what you said about destroying your art. you had to destroy yourself, your passion, your dream in order to please your mother? but you didn't destroy your dream, it still lives ~ and that's very plutonic to me. post some of your new art here if you have any?

i am loving everyone's openness and honesty here. such emotional maturity at it's core when you can look inside and dare to tell it. thank you!

sandstone

Banned
hi zonark,

thanks for sharing. they might have a hospice society near where you live where you could volunteer.. close to where i live they actually had a whole training program for working with the dying that was a pre-requisite before being able to do the volunteer work.. this will give you a better understanding of whether it is what you'd like to be doing or not.. good luck finding out more on this.

sandstone

Banned
hi again zonark,

i never looked at your chart when i made that last post, but i went back and took a look.. i think you would be well suited for working with people in some helping context. moon in cancer is a very caring position generally speaking and although sometimes men don't tap into there feminine planets as quickly, doing the work that you suggest would be a perfect outlet for your cancer moon. moon is applying to the 12th house ruler jupiter which is strong in the sign cancer as well, not to mention the closer application to mars the midheaven ruler.

all that intense **** from your past seems summed up in that t square with sun at the top in the 8th sign from your ascendant.. sometimes i think saturn rising can be a self destructive type thing until a person learns how to love themselves a bit more too.. i think your parents divorce would affect you deeply as well given these placements.. funny how the hard core down and out living seems to live side by side with the a deeply spiritual orientation to life that is waiting to be had at the same time isn't it? it is almost like 2 sides to the same coin or something with some not able to flip it the other way around. maybe what it is more about is getting into the strong points of our character and not letting the weaker parts guide us. for that life is an ongoing balancing act perhaps.. good luck working it out and thanks again for sharing.

Last edited:

Zonark

zonark - thank you so much for telling your story here with the rest of us. your moon cancer opp, like my son's, really indicates the mother authoritarian. my son's opp is also a parallel, and that has indications of conjunctive qualities.
....back to the natal moon aspect to pluto....
do you guys have good or bad aspects from moon? i think pluto is razors edge to this stellium group ~ so closely aspected to sat/uran/nept ~ it can break you guys through or break you down ~ but it has been my impression with this age group that where they are is not where they want to stay.
there seems a constant plutonic longing/need to "push through" ( like a seedling sprouting up through earth) and not be static, despite all the static saturn energy. the connective rods in your charts are clearly the planets and aspects that affect the pluto/cap stellium sextile. and of course neptune in that stell mix can really muck thinks up for the whole bunch.
it stands out to me, zonark, what you said about destroying your art. you had to destroy yourself, your passion, your dream in order to please your mother? but you didn't destroy your dream, it still lives ~ and that's very plutonic to me. post some of your new art here if you have any?

i am loving everyone's openness and honesty here. such emotional maturity at it's core when you can look inside and dare to tell it. thank you!

Chiron and my Descendant conjuncts my Moon and Mercury/Mars sextile it but the Saturn opposition is the closest aspect in my chart. Me destroying my work wasn't really about pleasing either one of my parents. My mum was actually more distraught over it than I was initially.

I think you'll find this appropriate, it's about 3 years old now and I touched it up a bit in photoshop because the pastel faded but I still like the design :joyful:;

Attachments

• EarthSeed1.jpg
    EarthSeed1.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 38

Zonark

hi zonark,

thanks for sharing. they might have a hospice society near where you live where you could volunteer.. close to where i live they actually had a whole training program for working with the dying that was a pre-requisite before being able to do the volunteer work.. this will give you a better understanding of whether it is what you'd like to be doing or not.. good luck finding out more on this.

My mother is a hospice nurse and I've already done some of that kind of work as a volunteer. :sideways:

hi again zonark,

i never looked at your chart when i made that last post, but i went back and took a look.. i think you would be well suited for working with people in some helping context. moon in cancer is a very caring position generally speaking and although sometimes men don't tap into there feminine planets as quickly, doing the work that you suggest would be a perfect outlet for your cancer moon. moon is applying to the 12th house ruler jupiter which is strong in the sign cancer as well, not to mention the closer application to mars the midheaven ruler.

all that intense **** from your past seems summed up in that t square with sun at the top in the 8th sign from your ascendant.. sometimes i think saturn rising can be a self destructive type thing until a person learns how to love themselves a bit more too.. i think your parents divorce would affect you deeply as well given these placements.. funny how the hard core down and out living seems to live side by side with the a deeply spiritual orientation to life that is waiting to be had at the same time isn't it? it is almost like 2 sides to the same coin or something with some not able to flip it the other way around. maybe what it is more about is getting into the strong points of our character and not letting the weaker parts guide us. for that life is an ongoing balancing act perhaps.. good luck working it out and thanks again for sharing.

That's a very wise perspective, sandstone. An interesting take on my chart too, thank you. Best of luck to you as well!

really lovely, Z ~

Thank you MaeMae :smile:

Zonark

^ It really is bizarre how similar my own experiences growing up have been to yours Zonark, from the computer gaming/internet addiction.. to the psychedelic drugs and the pursuit for spiritual,philosophical truth.

Even a friend of mine of whom i lived with for a couple of years also went through strikingly similar experiences, which is probably why we got along so well.. although he's a part of the Sagittarius generation.

It definitely is a generational focus and something many of our peers have partaken of. The Sagittarius generation was also there in it and has a real kinship with the Cap generation. We are an odd bunch all things considered. :alien:

MaeMae

Banned
It definitely is a generational focus and something many of our peers have partaken of. The Sagittarius generation was also there in it and has a real kinship with the Cap generation. We are an odd bunch all things considered. :alien:

yes, z ~ and sandstone did note that early, which is good confirmation.
it's interesting what you had mentioned about the stelliums some being retro. neptune is the one to watch out for.
gird your saturns to plutos during that time.

Zonark

yes, z ~ and sandstone did note that early, which is good confirmation.
it's interesting what you had mentioned about the stelliums some being retro. neptune is the one to watch out for.
gird your saturns to plutos during that time.

Pluto's just about ready to make a transit to my natal Neptune. Crossed over Uranus when I moved across state borders. Give it a year or two to creep up on the Sea King and I'll be a full blown schizophrenic :lol:

Crossing the Ascendant soon after, I'll be sure to reserve an ambulance for myself on that day.

I have such a poor sense of humor.

MaeMae

Banned
anyone who questions if they are crazy, usually isn't.
only problem you guys have is a great need for structure. a self identifying anchor. whatever it is, wherever it is in your chart, set up a structure of acceptable performance and do not let up on it.
you guys aren't as much challenged by the world as you are to yourselves.
capricorn has no problem being hard on itself.
x3 ~ and any aspects natally to saturn, add the points.
saturn demands structure. he's willing to stunt neptune, less he wants to clean up after him, and he retrofits lives for uranus.
pluto's gonna keep it real with you guys, in all kinds of groundbreaking ways.
moon, saturn, pluto aspects key. gotta be comfortable with transformative order.

powerion

woah weird!! I have 6 planets in Cap 1990..singletone sun square my singletone pluto. 6 planets in the 6th house cap and I have no job and have done nothing with my life...could ths maybe be a 7th house stellium for me? would mean a big difference for my bucket being jupiter 12th house or 1st.

I have had 4 friends die from drug overdose, 2 of them being work buddies all within last few years, and my mom had a stroke in 2010 thank god she made it

Last edited:

powerion

no it wasnt and thanks! I believe it was many things. She developed ashma from out of nowhere about a year n a half before the stroke happened. She couldnt really work for like a year, and in that time she was always tired and not feeling well, so she never went out and just stayed home. I think the sickness, inactivity is what did it. I went to workout after talkin to her, then 2 hours later I go home to find out she alrdy at the hospital.. she had no oxygen going to her brain for over an hour n a half, brain cells die after 60secs or something.. she has made an amazing recovery, uses both sides of her body well. Infact she was walkin a few days after haha.

sequestra

no it wasnt and thanks! I believe it was many things. She developed ashma from out of nowhere about a year n a half before the stroke happened. She couldnt really work for like a year, and in that time she was always tired and not feeling well, so she never went out and just stayed home. I think the sickness, inactivity is what did it. I went to workout after talkin to her, then 2 hours later I go home to find out she alrdy at the hospital.. she had no oxygen going to her brain for over an hour n a half, brain cells die after 60secs or something.. she has made an amazing recovery, uses both sides of her body well. Infact she was walkin a few days after haha.

Oh gosh I'm so glad she's okay! That must have been really frightening for you both. I hope she continues to make what is sounding so far like a wonderful recovery.

powerion

ya it was weird everyone was acting like I didnt know what was going on because I wasnt crying. But day by day less of my family came back to my moms room because I had that **** shut off with energy.. I gave my family evil eye when they came into her room lol and they understood what was up, I never left her side while 1 other person n my family rotated in n out selfish huh? but YOU you think my mom is dieing leave!
when she was "aware again" because she was awake the whole time, but the first two days she was out of it. she opened her eyes for the first time when she was "aware" and I said your gonna be okay and she looked at me and said yes with her eyes. Seeing a yes with the eyes made my heart jump into my face, it woke me up. I knew what had happened, my mom was dieing but she knew we needed her when she saw me, and I came from her so she has to be atleast as strong as me. It was one of those motherly its okay I gottcha looks, and she said it with her eyes, so I know that was a choice right there