The Cold Face of Uranus

interesting topic Shiny..........being an aqua rising merc venus in aqua cap sun and moon, i would definitely say that I dont deal with my emotions very welll.
But i am not sure i could say I was cold......bitter at times yes, but cold?? mmmmmm, not sure. I actually see myself as a highly emotional person at times, and that has been apparent to others. Having read what you have said though, i now am not sure if it is my moon house placement in the 12th that makes me like this or not.
As for the computer, I feel the emotions of others through there words, and dont feel the compassion i have for others does not show its head....perhaps at times i dont use the right words but it is there......even in real life if you are so blaze (cant find the ` to go ontop) to be able to dismiss others emotions when dealing with them face to face, i still think the inner workings of a person, still allow the emotions to be felt.....for example breaking up with someone through a text, i am sure the one who sends it still feels the same emotions....but hasnt the problem of dealing with the other persons reactions....which i guess in some way is liberating for the person being broken up with because they have the time to not project what they are feeling but have the time to process it within themselves.......but not that i am totally justifying this method. ( i dont own a working mobile and i certainly dont get into relationships that end like this......dont know, i just dont!)
I dont think Uranus, is a planet that is making us more sterile and cold as people, even with the use of technology......i think the human race has proven itself quite capable at times of being cold without it.....I just think that it adds a new dimension to the ways of communication.....for one, it allows one to think about what they are going to say ,before blurting it out, and that may icluding and be showing a kind of mean streak that i think some people do possess anyway. I know i can express anger in a new way on the net,(*hangs head in shame*), but i dont think it is something that has the ability of removing emotions from the picture. People can be cruel and insensitve in real life too, i have known many a person in real life, thick skinned enough to brush off my emotions, but is still the inner workings of people are always in play.....i dont think you get a free ride even saying things on the internet, when you cant see the way others are feeling......the conscience of a person is always there, and although people dont have to deal with the person they are saying things too, the inner conscience is always there......perhaps there though i am being somewhat optimistic and nieve....?

wilsontc

Staff member
example of Aquarian Age style breakups, to Ray

Ray,

This example of breakups in the Aquarian age was taken from the news:
Rebekka Olsen is just 26 years old, but she recalls the days when people used to say: "This is not a conversation to hold on the phone. This is something we'll need to discuss in person." That is why, when things weren't working out recently with a man she was dating, she assumed it required one of those uncomfortable face-to-face talks. Before she could arrange it, however, the man sent her a cellphone text message: "Chek yr email." So she did. His email read: "This is getting too serious. I think we should stop seeing each other. If we could still be friends, it would make me real happy." Floored by the fact that she was being dumped by email, Ms. Olsen ignored him. A few hours later, he sent another text message: "chk yr email yet?"

Love Aquarian Age style, ;)

Tim

tsquare

I still have a problem with telephones and I agree they can take alot out of personal interaction....some things you can't do over the phone....speed has no relation to care...on a flip side people also have an easier time expressing "off the wall" concepts that they could not have spoken on or of unless they had the oppertunity to do so annonomously like on the net....Uranus in Piscies right now.....information is flying really fast on the net on philisophical issues.......also conspiracy theories...amoung other things.....I thinks some people are finding an easier time finding that they are not alone on specific concepts or subjects.....it can bring out the things that many think of and agree upon...but never speark of, being these things are concided by some to be "socially unexceptable"........Then again this may have been pluto in sag as well....I still wonder what pluto in cap will be like........I hear more conservative views....not sure...........
But Uranus...yeah....for such a "social planet" it can be cold.....more distant I guess, quick, and fixed on it's reforms.....it brings alot of things to light.....with pluto I feel there are more emotions involved....of course being tha it is related to a water sign.

smilingsteph

I have loads of uranian energy!
Emotionally messy situation- text, e-mail
Nothing to do with an emotional situation- in person, on phone
It is easier not to have to do the face to face thing; for me anyhow....

smilingsteph

Shining-
I can say I am not proud of it...but for me I am emotional, not a cold person, I just have issues releasing my emotions. I want them to come out nice and discreet, deal with them and than put them in a box all contained so that they can be put away nicely, Virgo moon probably...
Instead I end up screaming, crying, raging, shaking, saying things that dont make sense, and just really making a scene. It is MESSY!
So I avoid that person for awhile maybe I go back maybe I dont.
I guess it is fear of having one see that vulnerable side. I dont think aquarian energies are cold, I think they have a hard time being warm as warm = vulnerability
So to be detached and free from people is easier than being attached knowing that someone owns you emotionally.
I find that being warm with those I dont know is easier than doing it with those I do know.

SVBrandenburg

Shining Ray said:
I was thinking today about Uranus in connection to computers, and to mobile phones and other technology that has been advanced. Do you think a lot of communication is real cold now. I am thinking of when relationships break up and a lot of people just send a text message or an email. A lot of human relating has been taken out of society is some ways.

I love computers personally, but you can say things on computers to people which are very cruel and you do not have to face the reality of that persons emotions, and human side. Uranus is cool for it's fast connection all around the world. We can Google anything today and receive very fast answers it would take me longer looking it up in a book, or I would have to go the library to find the information. I love how astrological charts can be made up fast with computers there is no drawing by hand, so yes effectively we can get through more charts, but sometimes maybe not spend enough time on each chart.

Aquarius which is ruled by Uranus but also Saturn which rules Capricorn, these two are astrologically the coldest signs. I don't mean that offensively but they don't always deal with emotions well. Particularly Aquarius. Do you think all this just naturally comes along with Uranus. It is like a lot of people lose jobs because one computer at the hit of a button can do all the work so why pay lots of people to do the job, the human element is lost again. Like nowadays your just a number to some people, and when all these new political ideas come in, and everything is all about figures. Governments achieve if the unemployment figure comes down, or the crime figure, they don't always tell you the truth about how the figures have come down. They put up taxes and food prices go up and you hardly see a change in your wages, they don't understand why we all get angry or maybe these governments and political faces do, but they like to present their detached, objective little faces at us. And talk about costs and so on...

But anyway Politics isn't my subject really as you can tell :D . But what are others idea on the cold face of Uranus. Maybe I am overreacting.

Hello Shining Ray!

Although it seems you have had more than enough responses, it touched me.
This is my first time on any forum, ever. I am Scorpio 11/08/1959 0730AM Chattanooga, TN. I also have all the popular diagnosis now such as depression, bipolar, etc etc. However I do consider my self fairly normal. I am eccentric, but in a fun way. I have Moon in Aquarius 28 degrees, rounded up for sabian symbol. Also moon in 4th house. Saturn Capricorn 4 degrees 2nd house. Scorpio rising blah blah. But what touched me is you are the first that I have seen to say you are concerned. I have been concerned about this for some time. Moon opposition Uranus Leo 21 degrees, meridian natal chart, did I say that correctly? I have been told Uranus is "tremendous" in the natal. I am here to tell you, I think so much of the social friendly flavor has been taken out of our society as a whole. Depression has risen according to some reports astronimically. No one talks to each other anymore! Yes, I agree, I think I would go into withdrawal without my computer, but I see exactly what you are saying. Political I'll let you be the expert! But I hurt for people. It makes me very sad. In fact I thought about starting like a general support group in my neighborhood, co-ed, with rules relaxed. Basically talk about anything that you desire regarding your emotional or personal life. But since I would be the moderator I would make it VERY clear that any info shared was not to be taken out of the group. I believe if someone shares information with me, I am grateful they trust me enough to do so, however that info still belongs to them as well as the right to share. But back to general support, just to have more comradarie, friendship, it is so very important. I see many people that are hurting. I personally believe lots of this is due to lonliness. Common: when someone is having a rough time, general reaction from most is well, give them some space, leave them alone. I get so angry with that. I personally think it is a cop out. I don't know how many times just the children have visited to return my dog, and it warmed my entire day. Sometimes it brings tears to my eyes. I WANT PEOPLE AROUND ME, PLEASE DON'T GIVE ME ANY SPACE! Again as you mentioned, I believe it is just difficulty dealing with another's emotions especially if you are not "empowered" to fix the problem. Most often, it just means acceptance, you're no fun, but I still care enough to just be here. Please excuse me, I have quite a sense of humor, at my own expense, not others. So no violins here, I laugh at myself often. Also if I need space I will say that in a kind way and we can be in separate rooms. But don't leave when emotionally I am down to the ground. So that's my idea, I applaud you for bringing this up. The job situation is so very on target. There are many variables, news is depressing, but I do believe just more community spirit and acceptance helps most any of us to look at any problem in a lighter fashion.
I am trying to get involved with NAMI as well as DBalliance: depression, bipolar alliance. There is still such a stigma. But people need to talk more. It is difficult with the current religious climate, which is so unfortunate. There is so much division, so little perspective, so little tolerance. I am.........should I really say this................a Christian..........but I am not a christian by anyone's definition. It is within and has helped me through a difficult life, that's it. It has been my anchor, however I have friends that are pagan, buddhist, islamic, and they are dear to me. In fact lovely people. But so many hide behind the "I am such a good Christian" every paragragh and It is truly sickening to me as well as those are many the most viscious folks around. No bumper stickers for me, bout that time I'll say something that sounds like it came out of Madonna's mouth, I love her. But that's me. Period. Well, I will shut up, I have been going through a divorce, which was resolved with an arrest today, I can finally breath, Mercury conjunct Jupiter Sag 1st house. So my friends that know I enjoy being the butt of a joke will tell me to please be quiet for a while. It makes me laugh and I do shut up for a while. Thank you so much for the priveledge to blow all this out to someone who seems to understand.
Sincerely,
Sharon Brandenburg
Panama City FL

Carole

As you said, Shining Ray, zodiac signs, as everything, have a possitive and a negative side. You have described both in the case of Uranus.

I think that it's fantastic that we can have all kind of uranian technology to enrich our experience of the world, and it's been invented to makes us grow.

In my opinion, Uranus has nothing to do with the dehumanisation of modern society, as it's up to the person to make moral choices. Breaking up through an e-mail or a phone message is something that can be understood if the person is 12....no, let's say 15 years old, even 18, since most youngsters are not so mature now as they used to be a few decades ago, but when someone who is 26 years old does this sort of thing, one can only raise brows and sigh. After all...most adults are not so mature now either. They don't have the same principles and values that were of importance long time ago, so it's comprehensible that they take advantage of the modern technologies to act as their dehumanised nature tells them to.

This dehumanisation is a direct consequence of the confusion that we have made of the true meanings of love and responsibility. We started to criticise and abhor discipline under the banner of love, and promoted irresponsible behaviour under the banner of tolerance. Now we have to deal with adults who behave like youngsters and are unable to assume responsibility for their acts. Relationships are a responsibility. To be brave and tell our truth looking into the other's eyes requires being responsible and respectful. It certainly requires love. After all, to love others is to give them exactly what we would like to get, isn't it?

Of course, there have always been people who prefer to take the easy way out. And there will always be.:rolleyes: Uranus will keep bringing its wonders to our lives, but we are, ultimately, who decide how to make use of them.

so, the problem is not Uranus. The problem is us.:eek:

Carole

Last edited:

Natasha

Uranus and Aquarian energy is a lot about detatchment from the physical (earth) & emotional (water) and passion (fire) to the mental thinking logical function.
The corporate world is very like that here. Everything is supposed to only be logical and rational and detatched from any of the other elements.
In fact this function is elevated really in the noughties I feel

Aquarians do say that they have this automatic thing where they go to the mind (logical rational analysis) instead of experiancing extreme emotion etc

I must re-read the myth behind Ourounas then post it as it explains this quite nicely (as myth does do) but I have forgotten the exact detail

natasha, i dont think that is what aquarian energy, or uranian energy is like at all.
for example are these not key words used to describe the way aquarian energy is used..humanitarian, socially, friendly and collectively?
If they are, then i dont understand how that can happen that aquarians only use rational logical analysis...obviousy if these are words that can be used in conjunction with aquariua there must be some emotion involved......it makes me feel as if i am a computer on legs walking around....an idea that i would not like pictured with aquarius. ( i have the rising)
For example the aquarian age is not looked at i dont think in the light of rational logical analysis......obviously those things are possibilites, but i wouldnt describe aquarian energy as a total detachment from the physical, emotional and passion in life......if anything i hope it to be the total opposite.
also with uranian energy...if we are to seperate it from aquarian (if thats possible), revolutionary is a word i would use......non conforming another and definitely intuitive..........i cant see how any of these things are possible, without some connection to emotions and passion. Please correct me if i am wrong

as for the corporate world, wherever they may be ( i reckon they are no differnet in melbourne than any other major city in the world), they have a passion for money........not your average kind of passion, and perhaps reliant on rational logical analysis, but passion all the same.

Last edited:
Sharon
I am totally hearing you....know all about labels, know how hard it is to be alone...and lonely have aqua merc venus and asc....cap moon and sun in the 12th........but know i am hearing you.....what you have just said resonates with me...
I agree with others cop outs......sometimes they want it all nice and fluffy....and i choose aloneness over trtying to change there minds.
I even have been recently arrested myself.....court in 4 more sleeps....
Just know, I am hearing you!
welcome to the forum!
LG

Natasha

Aquariuans dont use only rational logical ways of being
The feedback I get from Aquarians is that they find themselves using detatchment as the first line of defense when they are in an emotional position.
Much discussion with other astrolgers indicates that aquarian energy and uranus tend to take this route under stress or under pressure.
There is of course a lot more to a chart of an individual who happens to be born with Sun in Aquarius but I am talking about the archytypal energy of Aquarius and Uranus.
As for Melbournes Corporates - I think they are similar to other cities and overseas in that the corporate world focuses on logic & rational.
I personally dont think that they are passionate about making money at all from my experiance and having worked in professional positions in large corporates like Telstra etc - I feel they are more passionate about using their position for personal gain like getting box office seats to the football or getting a membership at a prestigous golf club or winning the game with the ladies so to speak.

I think telstras passion could lie in driving its customers up the wall personally!;):D

the people working for them are getting those perks, but i dont see them as being any differnet there than any corporations anywhere else in the world.
I am starting to think you dont like melbourne and that you see it as being very differnent to the rest of the planet (as well as up the coast a bit;)....i am a victorian born....frankston!, no different than sydney or london, in my book on many things!)
Under pressure......mmmmm, i can tell you i am not totally detached, whether you consider me an astrologer or not ( i consider myself a student), i am not sure whether it makes a difference, but as someone with strong uranian, saturnian(aquarian energy), i would say that i disagree.....how many lines of defence could a person take under pressure? obviously detachment is one, but saying that aquarian energy tends to take this route under pressure i find a very broad statement.........
each to there own though..........perhaps i am wrong

Natasha

The orignal heading of this thread was about the cold face or Uranus and on the level that I have discussed this is how I see it

It is not referring to anyone personally on this board.

In fact I was thinking of family relos who have often told me that as Aquarians this is how they respond to stressful emotional situations. They are guys too btw

I think perhaps its easier for men to access this detatchment

Females are more likely to go straight to the moon in an emotional situation as the moon is more accessable to us than it is to men in our culture.

As for lines of defence when met with an emotional situation well Uranus energy would tend to stand back and Observe. Uranus energy would tend to say that is interesting I observe xyz going on. The moon tho would take it personally and maybe fly to its defence (particularly if the moon could access mars)

There are many things which I dislike about Melbourne having worked in the large corporate world and lived in the inner part of melbourne _ I have seen the very worst but if we hated ALL of Melbourne we would leave.

We find many things to like here eg the great restaurants, theater, good public transport, accessable life style in inner Melbourne, excllent multiculturalism like no where else, a comparitivly safe and stable society, opportunities for professional career advancement and we work in jobs near where we live with lovely employers in a small business

So its all not black and white & I feel it does not hurt to critique what one feels in need of critique

We regularly travel to Asia & the US and around the pacific base. We travel twice a year around Oz and overseas so its interesting to compare other cities in Oz and other countries

The chart for Australia has a Cappy sun if I recall so it could be interesting times here - hopefully a shakeup in areas that need shaking up

Last edited:

gaer

OK.

Call me cranky.

What is an Aquarian?

Haven't we all agreed that generalizing about people based on a Sun sign, for instance, is incredibly pointless in a forum supposedly used by people who have some understanding of astrology?

Good grief, there has been so much of this going on lately, I am finding it painful just to visit this forum each day.

It would be one thing if we could find people with Sun and Moon and AC all Aquarius, with perhaps Mercury, Venus and Mars also in Aquarius. But that just doesn't happen very often.

My wife has Moon in Aquarius, but nothing else. This is NOT particularly unusual. As I keep trying to remind people, and so far I've always been completely ignored, the only thing Einstein had in Pisces was his Sun. On the basis of that, people always use him as the "poster child" of the sign Pisces just because they are too ignorant to check out anything but the Sun AND because he is famous.

Natasha

Not sure of your point Gaer. I mentioned several times that my input had nothing to do with people on the site or any one person but the archytype.

It depends on your 'brand' of astrology I suppose but when I went to astrolgy school the archytype was a very important subject. connecting it to myth helped to give an understanding thru metaphor which otherwise one has difficulty putting together

I think the subject of Uranus and archytypal Aquarian energy is interesting to receive input from
I draw my information particularly from the late and great Howard Saportas and from Liz Greene who did work with him but continues to be a proflic writer of astrology books and a counsellor in astrology.
There are other referneces which I can give related to my input relating to Uranian Aquarian energy.

Of course if does not mean anyone with a luminary or other planets or midheaven or ascendant in Aquarius epitomizes the archytype.

But under certian circumstances for instances during a transit they are going to at some time probably access the archytype to one degree or another

Last edited:

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
I think the subject of Uranus and archytypal Aquarian energy is interesting to receive input from

Indeed, but this is about where I get annoyed with the Outer planets. They are totally and completely tied with mythology to the point where they have become inseperable from one another. We automatically jump to cite myth as to why particular points are so, instead of jumping to reality to support it.

In other words, the Outer planets have been looked at backwards, but even then, I do not see much support for such planetary personalities based on mythology, so the argument seems to have turned in on itself.

"Uranus is this way because this is the interpretation we've come up with referencing mythology, but it does not account for these other personality quirks that we aren't going to mention."

Natasha

I think we need both - the myth and the collection of actual events occuring to people during transits / experianced by people with these aspects
I find both helpful equally
Myth helps me understand by imagery but it comes to life when applied to actual experiances of the natal aspect or transit.
This is why the good old astrology cook book is so helpful as a spring board for understanding
Its helpful to look at the myth of Ouranus and how he was burying Gaia's children because he saw them as ugly and deformed. Then Cronos actually castrated ouranus. Looking at how this imagery relates to the archytype of Uranus and Aquarius.

But if I am examing a transit or aspect or perhaps a specific chart shape and want that trigger to remind me or put the puzzle together I will refer to a cook book
During outer planetary transits I like to refer to books like Howard Saportas "the gods of change" . He refers on a page to this myth but also gives examples or Uranus transits to the various natal planets and he weaves the myth and people experiance when appropriate.