Jupiter in the 12th...guardian angel

Jupiter sits in the 12th House, Libra for me, but direct in motion, and conjuncts the Fixed Star Spica at 3 degrees. Luckily Jupiter also conjuncts my Asc Point, even though it is found in the 1st House.

Don't know yet if Jupiter has been a guardian angel too me, but I do feel like I have been saved from certain things in my life very often.

for me that's far too wide. Fixed stars and midpoints need to be no more than 1.5 degree

dr. farr

Not too wide for me- Spica I mean: I follow Robson and use an up of longitudinal conjunction for 1st magnitude stars of 3 degrees, for 2nd and 3rd mags, 2 degrees, and for nebulae and 4th, 5th mag stars of 1 degree; midpoints, though (and also the Lots/Parts) I consider orbs of conjunction (or aspects) only to a maximum of 2 degrees.

Valis

Why Whole Signs?

1. The houses and signs work together. Therefore the Sun in the 11th would work like the Aquarian archetype. I regard the houses as our inner ecliptic. Then it really makes no odds which hemisphere you are in either!

2. Whole sign houses will very often put 12th house planets in the 1st which visually supports Gauquelin’s evidence.

3. The AC, MC etc, are seen as points. Therefore the MC is freed from being anchored to the 10th and can be read as having an 8th, 9th or 10th influence if it happens to fall there. Incidentally in Ancient times the 10th house was known as the house of the Goddess (9th was The God” house) which explains why the 10th is associated with the Mother. Even though paradoxically we think of Saturn’s house as being very fatherly, it’s the mother who is often the disciplinarian.

4. Whole sign houses work at high latitude.

5. It was the house system used while developing the Arabic parts.

6. Whole sign houses correspond to 12 months. Approx 29 days = Approx 30 degs.

7. The Signs do not fight with the Fixed stars because they are taken off the ecliptic ring and are contained within the house meanings.

So this re-evaluation really effects those with Stelliums in the 12th and 9th houses. If this applies to you, try the whole signs and see how this changes your chart and if it make more sense to you.

source: http://darkstarastrology.com/house-system-astrology/ :smile:
I'm from the northern latitude and originally started with Placidus like most European people (apart from the British) and 1st reading was a shock because my chart seemed totally off. Different house systems also give very different planetary placements because of distortion. I've gone back and forth between different systems, got frustrated, quit, started again and finally settled on the whole sign system which I have always felt was the right one, warts and all, it's accurate.

My husband has 12th house jupiter with whole sign and when a guy has hobbies like for example hurricane surfing a guardian angel comes handy. He has had many close calls but always miraculosly been ok in the end.

Last edited:

powerion

I have this placement, one time leaving work I was waiting to pull out on to a busy road. Watching the only side cars were coming on for over a minute and after having a bad day was impatient. When I saw my opening I hit the gas, then looked to where I was turning, seeing an oldman had just slightly made it past my car when I could of hit him into on coming traffic. I was awakened and gave thanks and still do.

Quicksilver82

I too have this placement and it's in the sign of Scorpio. I oftentimes feel that I do have a guardian angel. Everything that has ever happened that was really good for me happened in the final hour. I have a tendency to feel somewhat "invincible" at times, which can be dangerous.

Jupiter rules my 2nd house, so I suppose that's why the "good" things that manifest in the final hour are financial in nature . :cool:

sequestra

I have to wonder if there would be many conspicuous differences between a 1st house Jupiter and 12th house Jupiter, besides the 1st house person perhaps being openly magnanimous (other influences aside).

In Placidus I have a sag stellium in Jupiter/Uranus/Neptune with Jupiter at the very end of the 12th and therefore interpreted by most modern astrologers in the 1st - with both Jupiter and Uranus conjunct my sag rising.

I have read that when a planet is on the dark side of the 1st in this manner, it is often expressed in early life as being in the 12th, followed by a period where it wavers between 12th and 1st, and that it ultimately will express itself entirely in the 1st. Is this correct?

For me personally, I have had innumerable "close shaves" in life - too many to quantify - that would seem to suggest the 12th house influence, though 1st house descriptions of Jupiter also ring true (perhaps simply because my rising is Sag). Is there a clear demarcation between a 12th and 1st house Jupiter?

Basically what I'm saying is, if a 1st house Jupiter predisposes somebody to "luck" in regards to their person generally, couldn't "close-shaves" and the "guardian-angel effect" be a byproduct of the 1st house Jupiter too?

divine g

Banned
For me personally, I have had innumerable "close shaves" in life - too many to quantify - that would seem to suggest the 12th house influence, though 1st house descriptions of Jupiter also ring true (perhaps simply because my rising is Sag). Is there a clear demarcation between a 12th and 1st house Jupiter?

Basically what I'm saying is, if a 1st house Jupiter predisposes somebody to "luck" in regards to their person generally, couldn't "close-shaves" and the "guardian-angel effect" be a byproduct of the 1st house Jupiter too?
I think it will function like any planet on a cusp, it will share a bit of both..The difference is, the 12th house guardian angel is totally mysterious, but with the 1st house, it's totally obvious..with a cusp it will be a bit of both.

With the totally 1st house Jupiter, (or Sag Asc), their luck obviously comes from their optimistic outlook on life. It would be hard to say no to someone like this, just based on face value. So in a sense, they are their own guardian angel (or may have face of angel?:innocent:)

But with a totally 12th house Jupiter (mine is at 7 degrees), like the 12th house itself, it's a total mystery as to where that good luck, guardian angel comes from. The sign here is important though. Mine is in Cancer, so it may be a departed family member, or ancestor, or even a living family member praying for me (like my mom). I think I've also benefited from the good karma of my family in general. Most of my aunts/uncles have worked in hospitals, religious orders, and active in charities.

It would be interesting to see how each sign expresses the 12th house Jupiter differently. Anybody care to share?

Last edited:

Caro

what a lovely principle.

tradtionally though would jupiter not rule this 12th house? (house of pisces) so should it not do reasonably well here but in the other world type stuff.

also are you jupiter in 12th house people subconsciously expressing your jupiter (jupiter can be the sign of too much -out of balance/accidents if not well aspected) so these near misses is jupiters way of getting you to recognise its potential.

I know of at least one with this placing but this person is very cautious. jupiter in scorpio and sun in virgo. not sure they have ever near misses but would never get this information from them.

sequestra

It would be interesting to see how each sign expresses the 12th house Jupiter differently. Anybody care to share?

Thank you for your insights! And regarding the above, I am very interested in hearing how it is conveyed in the other signs as because it's all in Sag for me I find it hard to imagine the expression in any other manner. I hadn't really considered that before but you raise a very interesting point.

divine g

Banned
Well, here's an interesting link of celebrities with this placement. http://www.astrotheme.com/celebrites/jupiter/m12/1.htm
The one that stood out was Winona Ryder, who has the same placement as you. I would say say that's a good example of what I was saying above. Took some quick notes:

MLK --jup in tau...rules voice/throat..Huge voice, religious.
Obama jup in cancer...blessed with good family, mother was special..women in life important. plus big house. very big house.
Jennifer-Lopez--jupiter libra...blessed with grace and beauty (and booty..)(sorry had to)
George Clooney..aqua..detached, cool..guardian angels friends? secret group/society? (also had big movie with j-lo)
Elvis...jupiter in scorpio...sex appeal was his saving grace..with jupiter ruling asc,he put what was hidden up front, his pelvis, and tv tried to make it hidden again
Jennifer Aniston..jup in libra..knew it! blessed with beauty and a lil booty, grace and charm
Sandra Bullock..Taurus..throat..Interesting voice, but she seems to have a little adams apple?
Katie Holmes..leo..acting ability, dramtatic, stage, performing
Bono..capricorn..has been to the white house..extremely into charities..very serious person..guardian angels ppl in high places, authority figures.
Tom hanks...virgo..very humble.down to earth is his saving grace.

Cindy crawford..gemini...saving grace is youthful spirit..kept beauty for a long time.
David beckham..aries...athletic ability, sex appeal to opposite sex, which mars rules. so models as well.
Elizabeth hurley..gemini...saving grace was a gemini mike myers, biggest movie was austin powers. youthful, able to laugh at herself, despite amazing beauty

*Winona rider..sage..jup close to asc. innocent face helped her beat those theft cases. she probably got a way with it all her life with that face, and became addicted i guess.
Justin bieber..scorpio plus scorp asc..plus pluto and north node in scorpio..destined to be sex symbol.(kid was born in 1994, can u believe it?)
Prince harry..capricorn..guardian angel is father, prince charles.cap also rules government.

Jessica biel...in scorpio..i knew it..had to be.
Nikola tesla..aries..pioneering..being by self. guardian angel in his own head, his own self-determination and ideas were his saving grace (He was prolific inventor, google)
Aaliyah..leo..performing, stage presence, creativity, romance.."usher" has same. blessed with performing ability, big stage shows
Demi moore-- pisces...is charitable i believe.

Sorry so sloppy, but it's a good starting point. If anyone knows any particular life/death incident with them, feel free to add on.
Quick note, 5 of these have had issues with cheating partners..namely Demi Moore, Liz Hurley, Sandra Bullock, Jennifer Aniston, JLo. That's usually a sign of Venus in 12th, but with 3 of these, it was Venus ruling 12th.

Last edited:

sequestra

Sorry so sloppy, but it's a good starting point. If anyone knows any particular life/death incident with them, feel free to add on.Quick note, 5 of these have had issues with cheating partners..namely Demi Moore, Liz Hurley, Sandra Bullock, Jennifer Aniston, JLo. That's usually a sign of Venus in 12th, but with 3 of these, it was Venus ruling 12th.

Oh Gosh! Wow! Not sloppy at all, those notes are awesome. You certainly have a knack for connecting the astro-dots. I had never linked late 12th house Jupiter to a physical appearance of innocence, however that would apply in my case too (I used to attribute it to venus in pisces); also, when I was younger and going through a "dark" phase reminiscent of gothdom several people told me I looked like Winona à la Beetlejuice (her sag asc is one degree off mine, though we don't look alike these days).

Jesusistheway

Despite having Jupiter in the 12th house in fall status and retrograde I have seen and been saved by my angels, etc. I believe everyone has at least one. I went to a guardian angel workshop that gave out secrets like you wouldn't imagine and I felt evil presences there but it was very esoteric and he said there are 9 ranks of angels and that the most closest to us are the guardian angels and everyone regardless of religion or creed or atheism has at least one. Its a matter of calling upon them to help. Otherwise they just stand there following you and praying for you. Supposedly they cross their arms when not called upon and I thought that was so weird? What makes me sad though and makes me wonder is when a kid needs their angel to save them how come he or she doesn't rescue the kid? :( I had a case where I wasn't saved though so suffering is inevitable. I think Jupiter means more than a literal case. I believe it has to do with enlightenment or awareness of a higher being, your higher self, and faith, etc. Jupiter in the 12th house means nothing more than being "blessed." Maybe we are the ones that Jesus called "blessed" you know the mount of olives parable, blessed are the peacemakers, and etc.

divine g

Banned
...there are 9 ranks of angels and that the most closest to us are the guardian angels and everyone regardless of religion or creed or atheism has at least one. Its a matter of calling upon them to help. Otherwise they just stand there following you and praying for you. Supposedly they cross their arms when not called upon and I thought that was so weird?

I had a very weird experience earlier this year. I usually dont go to clubs/bars, but I went to unwind after a stressful week, and a dancer came up to me and started saying the strangest things. She said she can tell that I was born very mature, that I really loved my mom, and that I was sad bc I was not pursuing my spiritual path. She also said I had a certain number of guardian angels (I think she said 22?), and that I should call on them to find out their names. She said to just pick up a pen, with a blank piece of paper and ask.

I never did, but I always felt kinship with the Angel Michael (who is alleged to have helped write Psalm 23).

With the Awakening and Quickening of 2012 upon us, it's more and more important to be aware of what's going on in our 12th houses. That's where all our angels and demons are. And for the record, there is such a thing as evil angels...I dont know if this woman who approached was good or bad, but she literally spotted me across the room, came right up next to me and started saying all these things that were spot on. She was right about me not being happy until I pursue my spiritual destiny. Which is kind of hard in this spiritually dense realm right now. But a message I received was that the earth will be going from 3D to 5D soon? Will be researching that.

divine g

Banned
Oh Gosh! Wow! Not sloppy at all, those notes are awesome. You certainly have a knack for connecting the astro-dots. I had never linked late 12th house Jupiter to a physical appearance of innocence, however that would apply in my case too (I used to attribute it to venus in pisces); also, when I was younger and going through a "dark" phase reminiscent of gothdom several people told me I looked like Winona à la Beetlejuice (her sag asc is one degree off mine, though we don't look alike these days).

Thank you so much. Yeah, Winona did have a face of an angel now that I think about it. My Piscean friend in college was completely in love with her. Venus in Pisces has a universal love, deep empathy with everybody, especially animals..

I think Jupiter in 12th can also manifest as a hidden sense of humour. I think that's something alot of those celebs have in common. Jennifer Aniston has great comedic ability, J-Lo, Liz Hurley, Clooney all have an understated charm and a self-deprecating sense of humor. (See Clooney in "Burn After Reading"). I think also a lot of comedians/people who can always make you laugh are angels in disguise...

Last edited:

Lightrider

@haileyscomet

Hi there! :joyful:

From what i've read so far, the 12th rules the things we cannot perceive with our 5 senses. People who are only aware of what they see/hear/touch/taste/smell and not what they really, and i mean, REALLY feel, will only be able to feel what's going on the 12th house unconsciously. I don't think planets in the 12th are especially "weaker" than the others. It's just that since we are not conscious of these planets' energies, we label them as weak or useless. Others go as far as to call them malefic, potentially harmful, even dangerous. From my (very short) experience studying astrology, planets in the 12th can be as powerful and dominant as planets in other houses. The thing is we are not consciously aware of their energies. The problem with the 12th house is that since we are not aware of what's going in there, things can get out of hand when we least expect it. Any planet aspecting the 12th is a planet we should study in depth.

Now, for the sake of this topic, i would say Jupiter can indeed act like a guardian angel, just appearing at fateful moments. But again i think it all depends of the aspects. I don't really believe in benefics or malefics. If Jupiter is stressfully aspected, then i would consider it a difficult planet to deal with. Also don't forget Jupiter is all about expansion, which is not necessarily good. A strong Jupiter in a chart may make the person unable to know when to stop unless Saturn is there to put limitations. More doesn't always equal better.

Lastly, i would recommend to look up the aspects. Or maybe you would like to post your chart so we can give a better insight?

Hopefully this helps.

Peace :smile:

Last edited:

sequestra

f Jupiter is stressfully aspected, then i would consider it a difficult planet to deal with. Also don't forget Jupiter is all about expansion, which is not necessarily good. A strong Jupiter in a chart may make the person unable to know when to stop unless Saturn is there to put limitations. More doesn't always equal better.

This is so true; balance is key. With Jupiter as my strongest planet, temperance is indisputably what I struggle with most.

Sandra0406

I have Jupiter in Libra in 12th house (Koch) in 1st (Whole signs)...Also Jupiter is Almuten Figuris of my chart.I believe that Jupiter is my guardian angel.
2cgyluc.jpg