Your Rising Sign and Your Mother's Moon

Lulu-B

This is pretty neat if it is true. I recently had an astrologer friend of mine, Margie H. tell me that as long as your birth was natural your rising sign should be the same as your mother's moon sign. Then I realized, hey, my mother's moon is in Aquarius and my rising sign is Aquarius! What do ya all think about that?

Does that ring true for anyone else?

Moulin

Amazing that you and your mum are both Aquarius.

I think it's an interesting idea Sidereal cos the other day l was contemplating the possibility that l was Aquarius rising and my mum is Aquarius moon :)

It moves my Aries stellium from 1st to 2nd house though and not sure what that means.

tsquare

Could be.....Tropical my moms moon is Leo, and my moon is leo.......I've never looked at her chart in vedic, but in mine my moon is cancer conJ asc....
Doesn't work for my brothers though.....piscies moon, cap moon.....Then again.....my middle bro. had his umbilical cord around his neck when he was born and my other brother had troubles breathing when he was born.....I also had a birth problem......I was born with jaundice.........I got the light treatment....(laughing)...not real bad if your a leo asc(joke). It was like lying in an incubator for 3 days I guess......

rahu

Banned
im a pisces rising and my mother is a moon in leo.
rahu[natural birth]
i have found a strong coorelation between one moon ,if a man,and one's spouses sun sign.

Lulu-B

Rahu, I can see that too. Not exactly the same thing but my husbands moon is in 8 degrees Aquarius and my rising sign is 8 degrees Aquarius.
My brothers moon is in Libra so it doesn't work with my mom either since hse is a moon in Aquarius. He's older too though.
I also read somewhere, a little off topic, that our moon sign is the self that we project onto our mother and may not necessarily be her true nature. Maybe I should throw a thread up about that because that is cool too. My moon is in Aries and I so see my mom as a little powerhouse. She kind of scares me she has so much energy!

Oh, ya, Rahu, my brothers moon is in Libra and he is hooked up right now with a Libra girl around the same degree. I've heard that might be because men repress their feminine sides and the expression of it comes from without. What do you think about that?

Last edited by a moderator:

Moulin

Does it work if the woman's moon is same element (fire) as the mans sun/moon?

Wondering if this sun/moon thingy is more important than the 7th ruler...

My guy's 7th ruler is Taurus and i'm a middle aged cow :D

Arian Maverick

This is an interesting theory, but as others have mentioned, I doubt that it always works if a mother has multiple children, all of whom were born naturally.

Unfortunately, the number of children born "naturally" has decreased sharply throughout the years, what with the apparent rise of infertility and the accompanying IVF and other fertility treatments; even if such an "artificially"-conceived child were not to be born via Cesarean section or induction, would you consider this child to have had a "natural" birth?

There are quite a few other scenarios that I can think of which test the boundaries of this definition of a "natural birth," such as if the mother needed the assistance of pitocin if labor had stopped--this happened to my mother when I was born--or if she had requested an epidural or other pain-relieving medication but her labor had not been induced, and she proceeded to deliver "naturally" after the medication had been administered.

The strictest definition would probably apply to an incredibly small percentage of the infant population, but it would be interesting to study this small percentage to see if there were any significant correlation between these babies' rising signs and the mother's moon signs.

My moon is in Aries and I so see my mom as a little powerhouse. She kind of scares me she has so much energy!

Although my brother and I have our natal Moon in different signs, we share similar Moon influences; I have an Aries Moon and he has an exalted Mars conjunct a debilitated Capricorn Moon. One would assume that our mother was a fire sign, or else had some other strong Mars influence, but she's a Libra with a Libra stellium, which includes a debilitated Mars in Libra! Unfortunately, I don't have her exact time of birth because it was not recorded on her birth certificate, but I know that I certainly perceive her as a "little powerhouse." That's a very apt description, since she is under five feet tall; don't mess with her, though! :eek: :D

Arian Maverick

Last edited:

Lulu-B

Arian Maveric- I'm a little off topic again, but I have found that alot of Aries woman that I meet are short with a powerful presence. It's like they'are in this compact little package that is all an attempt to fool ya! Hmm, but now that I think about it tall of these short Aries that I knew who had this powerful presence were all my bosses. I tend to have ALOT of Aries female bosses in my background. They always LOVED me too. They always thought we were friends.Maybe it was all of my planets in fire signs. They liked me because if I'm going to do something I'm going to do it well. Unfortunatley that meant they would have me do everything. They thought I should feel privelaged because they would entrust me with work!
Ya, I'd don't think that the whole mommoon sign rising sign thing is always true, I just thought it was a neat theory. AM your right though, what constitutes a natural birth nowadays? I've heard that baby's who were conceived with from use of fertility treatments are born with a much weaker constitution. This nurse told me she can always tell the babys that were conceived this way.
Oh, and one more thing. My mom used castor oil to get me out quicker, so my birth wasn't really natural either. But, of course we're meant to be born when we're meant to be born, right? There's another thread though, right.

Last edited:

Bizquit

In my case, my ASC is conjunct my mother's Venus. My sister's ASC is trine my Mum's Moon.

Both of us were conceived and born "naturally" (no C-section, IVF, forceps, chemical induction, oxytocin, or epidural).

Bobbi

Ive just had a look at my family's stuff, and no matches anywhere ( but the timings of my parents arn't that accurate )...but something else I was reading on 'Conception in the chart' on another thread here, was that if you work form the 9th house counter clockwise, which ever planet comes first ..... If its the Sun your father's spirit invoked for the reason of the karma/lessons for all etc , if its the moon it was your mothers purpose to bring you in. So maybe just because our mother is the one that gives birth to us, may not necessarily mean it was her intention to have us here ,Maybe our Asc's can be connected to our fathers stuff as well. So why don't we have a look at the fathers chart to and see where his moon is ? Or maybe its his sun. When I did the "who invoked me test" for both my sisters & my chart it was our father that invoked both our spirits, and this makes complete sense to us as our mother never wanted to be a mum, she has struggled on a soul level forever , although she has done a wonderful job , we get that we are more connected to our father spiritually than our mum.
Anyway it was just a thought

Bobbi

lillyjgc

Senior Member, Educational board Editor
Hi folks,
Well my rising is capricorn, my birth time is known and my mothers moon is either very late gemini or early cancer.
My mothers ascendant is pisces and I have pisces on the cusp of my H4.
Sister 1: aries rising but her sun is in gemini
Sister 2: has virgo rising and mums ascendant is her H7 cusp.
My conclusions from this is that on a natal the mother and father are shown but the house in which they are shown will describe the relationship between the native and the parent.
I wish it was just that simple-ie that a single placement would identify the mother...how much easier would chart rectification be then! But it isnt borne out by charts of my family....
My son has his sun sign the same as mine and his ascendant is the same as mine. my daughter has same ascendant as her father which is my H7....so it doesnt appear to work..
Cheers Lillyjgc

gaer

lillyjgc said:
My son has his sun sign the same as mine and his ascendant is the same as mine. my daughter has same ascendant as her father which is my H7....so it doesnt appear to work..
Cheers Lillyjgc
It can't work, as we both know. :)

Obviously many families have several daughters, and it is extremely rare to have three or more children with the same AC.

Here is what I have found: considering the Sun, Moon and rising signs, it is very common for a parent to have one or more of those in common, but it often flips position. For instance, you and your son share rising and Sun signs.

If a son is more like his mother, you are likely to find similarities between mother and son.

If a daughter is more like her dad, you often find similarities there.

If both parents are very similar in nature, with a really long-lasting, solid and loving relationship, there may be similarties between the parents and all the children. :)

By the way, my rising sign is the same as my mother's moon. My brother's moon is the same as her AC. Neither of us share the signs of my dad's Sun and Moon, but we have no AC for him.

Gaer

Last edited:

Heart of a Scorpio

I have aries rising.

Mom is Gemini Moon.

I always thought its kinda how your family looks. For example. My dad has a big ass forhead LOL. So, you carry that down Aries are known for big heads. Or pronounced foreheads. I know thats not accurate but its how I viewed it when I was younger.

flea

Hmm,

All C-section. My sis has aries asc which is mum's moon and Dad's sun. Me I'm gemini and my brother is scorpio. Very possible that the mother's emotional state would impact the chemistry of prenancy. So if the moon in the woman is not operating as the chart suggests or is altered due to strong transits this may well effect things. Suppose it is always going to be more complex . I have a complete lack of aries in my chart it is even intercepted.

Love Light Peace
Flea

Stacey5271

Between me, my husband and my 2 kids, we all have either sun or ascendant in water. The only "match" is that husband and daughter share water sun sign (Pisces).

I find Flea's comment about the mother's emotional state extremely interesting. My first husband was very abusive. You could say I took on the Scorpionic tendancy of keeping to myself and not easily sharing my emotions to cope. My son (who was born during that time) has a Scorpio ascendant.

But then how would I apply this to the birth of my daughter? I was/am in a much better marriage and no longer need to hide and protect myself. Her ascenant is Aries (not a match to me, but it is her brother's sun). Her moon doesn't match sun or ascendant of any of us.

memento mori

I hv aries ascendant. It's been associated with my violent birth. In fact I had ppl tell me I would've died if i didn't hv rahu in pisces in 12th house.

My mom's moon is in aquarious... and I hv nothing there.

I've also read that sagittariouses are almost always wanted children. Is that true?