Gemini descendant with ruler in the 10th
5th house in Aries with ruler in the 10th
also JUNO in libra in the 10th

Do I attract Capricorns or what?

:alien:
Thanks

Last edited:

SagiCap

Could you post the chart? I think it's an interesting topic, but not enough detail.

Is this a trick question, like you know, but want us to guess or are you really unaware of what type of man you attract? I'm curious as to how to approach the chart when I see it.

POST THE CHART! :)

virgo18

Could you post the chart? I think it's an interesting topic, but not enough detail.

Is this a trick question, like you know, but want us to guess or are you really unaware of what type of man you attract? I'm curious as to how to approach the chart when I see it.

POST THE CHART! :)

There it is :)

thank you:smile:

SagiCap

From Cafeastrology:
However, the position of Mars by sign in a woman's chart does tend to offer some clues as to what she will find attractive in a man. This is because Mars reveals what turns us on to some degree, and represents traditionally masculine qualities. (Venus helps to round out the picture in terms of sexual attraction and style).
We have a few similiar placements by sign - Venus and Mars.

My guess is you form relationships after you've been friends with a man, or you meet them in social settings or through other friends.

Your Mars, of course is on cusp of Virgo (I can't see that well because your chart shows up small and fuzzy,) but as I've read, the Virgo placement is so far in the late degrees, that it is taking on the characteristics of the next sign, Libra. SO - your Mars (what some say a man is attracted to,) is in air-sign, Libra. If you take this to be true, a If a woman's Mars is in Libra, she is most attracted to men with understated charm, good manners, and a pleasing and balanced appearance. Coarseness or rudeness are an immediate turn-off. Women of this placement prefer cooperative, eager to please men. Romantic men are a huge YES and Mars in Libra ladies really appreciate the classy type of guy.

Venus in Scorpio is a whole other ballgame, baby. :) Don't be worried though, people often stereotype and sensationalize Venus in Scorpio. It's annnoying. Venus in Scorpio can be deep and sensitive. I love it! But - having Mars in Libra and Venus in Scorpio is a bit of a paradox. Mars/action wants things to be romantic, proper, sweet and flowery, while Venus wants to have an intense transformational experience. Not so easily melded into one sympatico relationship, is it? It's likely you attract Scorpio types or Taurus men due to your Moon placement? I'm not quite decided on that, I defer to others more experienced, but I think you must be attracting some kind of contradictory type of guy. One who says one thing and does another.

Does any of this ring true? I'm just learning, but your feedback and your own analysis will help fill out the picture.

virgo18

From Cafeastrology: We have a few similiar placements by sign - Venus and Mars.

My guess is you form relationships after you've been friends with a man, or you meet them in social settings or through other friends.

Your Mars, of course is on cusp of Virgo (I can't see that well because your chart shows up small and fuzzy,) but as I've read, the Virgo placement is so far in the late degrees, that it is taking on the characteristics of the next sign, Libra. SO - your Mars (what some say a man is attracted to,) is in air-sign, Libra. If you take this to be true, a If a woman's Mars is in Libra, she is most attracted to men with understated charm, good manners, and a pleasing and balanced appearance. Coarseness or rudeness are an immediate turn-off. Women of this placement prefer cooperative, eager to please men. Romantic men are a huge YES and Mars in Libra ladies really appreciate the classy type of guy.

Venus in Scorpio is a whole other ballgame, baby. :) Don't be worried though, people often stereotype and sensationalize Venus in Scorpio. It's annnoying. Venus in Scorpio can be deep and sensitive. I love it! But - having Mars in Libra and Venus in Scorpio is a bit of a paradox. Mars/action wants things to be romantic, proper, sweet and flowery, while Venus wants to have an intense transformational experience. Not so easily melded into one sympatico relationship, is it? It's likely you attract Scorpio types or Taurus men due to your Moon placement? I'm not quite decided on that, I defer to others more experienced, but I think you must be attracting some kind of contradictory type of guy. One who says one thing and does another.

Does any of this ring true? I'm just learning, but your feedback and your own analysis will help fill out the picture.

Yes! you are right... I attract men that are very contradictory... they say something and they do other thing... some of them look very neat and classy but they are very rude... Or they look rude and passionate and they are very calmed and indifferent.
Yes I had one Taurus boyfriend.
Two scorpio claimants,
one Virgo boyfriend with scorpio ascendant (my first true love),
one gemini boyfriend with scorpian traits
and actually one affair with a capricorn with scorpio ascendant and scorpian traits too.... (this is the love of my life)

The gemini one has libra ascendant... BTW the other ones had NO libra traits in their charts.... But all of them have artistic, social, musical, and law careers or hobbies. (libra)

Also most of them have Venus in sag or venus in the 9th... I think is because by sagittarius ascendant.

thank you sag cap!:sideways:

Last edited:

Christian09

Y
Also most of them have Venus in sag or Venus in the 9th... I think is because by Sagittarius ascendant.

Yes, in my experience, our ASC attracts others Venus sign. The closer by degree the stronger the attraction, it seems. It's just physical of course, and other key factors have to be there for anything to "happen",but it's interesting to observe and never a bad starting point.

SagiCap

Yes, in my experience, our ASC attracts others Venus sign. The closer by degree the stronger the attraction, it seems. It's just physical of course, and other key factors have to be there for anything to "happen",but it's interesting to observe and never a bad starting point.

Funny this has not been my experience at all. In my case it would be Capricorns. I am repelled by them in the romantic arena. Could Venus opp Saturn be the reason?

virgo18

Funny this has not been my experience at all. In my case it would be Capricorns. I am repelled by them in the romantic arena. Could Venus opp Saturn be the reason?

It could be
like my venus conjunct pluto and trine jupiter... I attract guys with Scorpio and sagittarius traits.
If your venus oppose the ruler planet of your ascendant, now Is clear that you don't like saturnine types.

I fave a question? If the ruler of my ascendant is jupiter and the co-ruler is neptune, and neptune is placed in my 2nd house... then I have taurean traits?

suimui10

I like Cafe's take quoted above.
From my experience, a guy with Aqua planets (esp. Aqua Venus) is going to be very attractive to my Aqua Mars.
However, because my Mars squares my Venus, which opposes my Moon; I want him but I can't stand him emotionally either! ROFL!
Well, it did happen once this exact way. My point is that charts are complex and many factors have to play for something to occur successfully.
The one type of guy I can never feel attracted to is Cancer. Beats me. No clue why. I find them whiny and momma's boys. LOL My Moon opposes my Venus as I said.
On the other hand I tend to LOVE Leos (ruler of my 7th).
And I may be a Sag Sun but I don't trust Sag men. My Moon opposes my Sun. Ha.
There you have it. ;)

Kenoshamaensa

I'm interested by this as I'm not always good at telling who's attracted to ME. I know what attracts me; I seem to have an astrological "type," I've found -- men who share my own Sun and Moon sign, and have a water rising like me. This is somewhat at odds with my Mars (and Venus) Leo.

Virgo sits on my descendant with Mercury in the 7th house (and in Virgo, in fact), but Mercury is conjunct Pluto (and Uranus), and I do find myself attracted to both Scorpio and Aquarian men -- to a point, I've dated both, but it didn't work out. Yet the man I've probably been the most attracted to overall was Libra Sun, Aries Moon (like me) ... and Scopio Rising. :)

My own Rising Sign in Pisces with Saturn on the Asc. I've never dated either Pisces or Capricorn, although I often get along with men (and women) of both signs, and have quite a few friends and/or family members who belong to one or the other.

virgo18

That's been my experience.

Venus is what we like physically in a person in a romantic way, and the ascendant describes our physical traits quite well.. So is logical that If your venus is in a sign you will like persons with the same sign ascendant.

Venus in libra,... you can like libra ascendants... that doesn't mean that the person of the ascendant like you too. Without other chart factors that indicate it.

I am talking about, venus or mars signs.... not sun signs

Last edited:

Kenoshamaensa

That's been my experience.

It may also play out in other ways, not Venus necessarily, but Mars placements. Our son has the same Rising sign as my ex- and my Mars (Leo). My brother has the same Sunsign as my mother's Venus (Aquarius), and I have the same Rising sign as my father's Mars (Pisces). My brother's Venus is in Capricorn, the same sign as both his kids' Sunsigns. My close friend is a Cancer Venus, and her daughter is a Cancer Moon (she shares Sunsigns with her twin sons and their moonsign is her Rising sign). The father is a Cancer Mars which matches the same Cancer Moon, his Venus is Capricorn and his sons are both Cappy Rising. Another mother with a Capricorn Venus has a Cappy-Sun daughter but no such connection to the other (don't know the father's chart).

This is hardly a hard-and-fast rule, just a trend I'd noticed (again, I'm playing with a fairly small sample where I have charts for all or most family members). But I've found more connections between Venus and Mars signs of parents and significant signs for the children (Rising, Sun, Moon), than 5th house cusp signs of parents and kids' main signs.

Christian09

Venus in libra,... you can like libra ascendants... tthat doesn't mean that the person of the ascendant like you too. Without other chart factors that indicate it.
I am talking about, venus or mars signs.... not sun signs

Correct; it doesn't mean attraction is returned, and Venus ,not Sun Sign, is what I'm noticing.

What about the actual Orb and end/beginning of signs?
Ex: My VE is @ 29°Leo and I've noticed strong physical attraction to early Virgo ASC as well as my Common attraction to Leo ASC

anjelik

Wouldn't we rather be attracted to people with the same ascedant sign as our venus?

I've never been attacted to anyone with a Capricorn Ascendant. Maybe because I have a Capricorn Ascendant too? My Venus is in Capricorn and I often find myself attracted to Cancer Sun signs, usually with a bit of fire in their chart, or Fire Sun signs with a lot of Air in their charts (both these types there us generally a mutual attraction). My chart is predominantly Air, with a little bit of water/air even mix and hardly any fire.

I find that men with their Venus in Leo are often attracted to me.. I've dated quite a few of them. I often like them in the beginning because I do like being treated like a queen, so to speak, but in the end it doesn't work out because they are too showy with their money (and often have no savings to back it up) and I like to be a little more conservative and understated.

Last edited: