Why do I act so much like a Sagittarius if I have no Sagittarius placements?

ignf8ty43

Banned
I am very jovial, optimistic, hyper, crazy, lover of traveling and foreign places, and a freak of nature! I tend to smile a lot and laugh for no reason even though there is nothing funny, so people are always thinking I'm crazy. Even though at times when I am not feeling too well, I still project an optimistic attitude where ever I go. So it's kinda like a mask I guess you could say ...

Yet, I have NO Sagittarius placements in my chart at all. Do you see
any placements/aspects in my chart that could indicate why I am projecting Sag traits?

Here is my chart:

View attachment 15328

Last edited:

Tanne

Hi - I am sure that there is more - but just at a glance you have Jupiter in your 1st house and you have North Node in Jupiter! Wow!

dr. farr

In addition to the highly benefic North Node in Sagittarius (mentioned by Tanne) Saturn is also in the Manilius Sagittarius decan of Aquarius.

ignf8ty43

Banned
My Leo Sun in the 2nd Decan (Jupiter/Sagittarius Decan) might also be one of the factors of why I have Sag traits, as well as Jupiter in the 1st house and North Node in Sagittarius.

Yeah, all of this makes sense now!
:lol:

Lion o ness

My Leo Sun in the 2nd Decan (Jupiter/Sagittarius Decan) might also be one of the factors of why I have Sag traits, as well as Jupiter in the 1st house and North Node in Sagittarius.

Yeah, all of this makes sense now!
:lol:

It's weird I have
Jupiter in Sag in 10th,
Neptune in Sag in the 9th (chart ruler)
Sag mostly in the 9th house but rules the 10th.
Leo Sun in 2nd Decan

I've never dated a Sag... I have issues with Sag men... ( but I think its bc my Saturn is in Gem).. I have dated 1 Sag moon though... his moon was conjunct my Neptune... I feel head over heels for him...

zoidsoft

There is something known as an "astrological signature" based upon the sum of the planets placements. You take the planets Pluto - Sun and find out which element (triplicity) most of the planets are in. Some give more weight to the Sun and Moon and there are those who add in the ascendant degree. For instance you might have 5 planets in fire, 2 in water, 2 in earth and 1 in air so fire is predominant.

Next you find out the predomination by quadruplicity (cardinal, fixed and mutable) and add these up. You might have 2 in fixed signs, 2 in cardinal and 6 in mutable signs which would make for predomination of mutable qualities.

Such a person who would have a predomination of mutable fire would have a signature of Sagittarius because Sag is a mutable fire sign.

juicey J.

Banned
There is something known as an "astrological signature" based upon the sum of the planets placements. You take the planets Pluto - Sun and find out which element (triplicity) most of the planets are in. Some give more weight to the Sun and Moon and there are those who add in the ascendant degree. For instance you might have 5 planets in fire, 2 in water, 2 in earth and 1 in air so fire is predominant.

Next you find out the predomination by quadruplicity (cardinal, fixed and mutable) and add these up. You might have 2 in fixed signs, 2 in cardinal and 6 in mutable signs which would make for predomination of mutable qualities.

There are 2 planets in fire. 2 planets in air, 3 planets in earth 3 planets in water no element has dominace so you go with the element which, happens to have the planets with the most weight fire wins hands down because it has the sun and moon there. Then you find the dominate quality which, is cardinal.
Such a person who would have a predomination of mutable fire would have a signature of Sagittarius because Sag is a mutable fire sign.

Yes thanks for mentioning this. Alan Leo talks about this extensively. However it would appear Aries is the dominate sign in this chart and leo is a close second if not nearly tied but the mutable rising might help things towards a bit towards sag. With this chart I think the moon in square to venus in square to jupiter plays a big factor. Note venus is the ruler of the 9th house.
Wait then again mutable would have it as it has the angles along with mars. Note there is no dominate element because there are two planets in fire, two planet in air, 3 planets in earth and 3 planets in water when this happens you go with the element with the planets with the most weight which, would be fire because the sun and moon are there.

Last edited:

scorpittarian

jupiter in the 1st is similar to having ascendant in sagittarius!

ic in sagittarius - some say ic is our soul or something.

t-square with jupiter, moon & venus.

jupiter sextile sun.

jupiter with the sun,moon & asc makes u sag like.

acc. to some astrologers, nnode in sag means u're here to incorporate saggy characteristics.

juicey J.

Banned
As I understand it in general the weight you give to each planet in figuring out the signature sign is

1. sun

2. moon

3. mercury

4. Venus

5. Mars

6. Jupiter

7. Saturn

8. Uranus

9. Neptune

10 pluto.

Also, I think the angles have weight over these.

Keep in mind these are only general and things like accidental dignity and essential dignity also can be factored in. Also, keep in mind its only counted as an accidental dignity if the planet is in the same sign and house as the angle or in tight conjunction with the angle.

Last edited:

juicey J.

Banned
jupiter in the 1st is similar to having ascendant in sagittarius!

ic in sagittarius - some say ic is our soul or something.

t-square with jupiter, moon & venus.

jupiter sextile sun.

jupiter with the sun,moon & asc makes u sag like.

acc. to some astrologers, nnode in sag means u're here to incorporate saggy characteristics.

Yes all those play a factor as well. I'm so glad this topic was posted as it will show new students of astrology that the personality is a
Synthesis of the chart and not simply what your sun sign is.

Elina

Hi ignf8ty43,

If you look closely to your chart, you can see that you have Jupiter in first house and Moon opposite Jupiter, which explains a lot of the characteristics you've mentioned + North Node in Sagittarius.
The need for exploring, changing impressions and travelling is especially indicated by N.N in Sagittarius (in 3rd house) and S.N in Gemini ( in 9th house).

You don't need to have Sun, Moon or Ascendant in Sagittarius to act like that ;)

I am very jovial, optimistic, hyper, crazy, lover of traveling and foreign places, and a freak of nature! I tend to smile a lot and laugh for no reason even though there is nothing funny, so people are always thinking I'm crazy. Even though at times when I am not feeling too well, I still project an optimistic attitude where ever I go. So it's kinda like a mask I guess you could say ...

Yet, I have NO Sagittarius placements in my chart at all. Do you see any placements/aspects in my chart that could indicate why I am projecting Sag traits?

Here is my chart:

View attachment 15328

Last edited:

zoidsoft

Yes thanks for mentioning this. Alan Leo talks about this extensively. However it would appear Aries is the dominate sign in this chart and leo is a close second if not nearly tied but the mutable rising might help things towards a bit towards sag. With this chart I think the moon in square to venus in square to jupiter plays a big factor. Note venus is the ruler of the 9th house.
Wait then again mutable would have it as it has the angles along with mars. Note there is no dominate element because there are two planets in fire, two planet in air, 3 planets in earth and 3 planets in water when this happens you go with the element with the planets with the most weight which, would be fire because the sun and moon are there.

This makes sense and thanks for noting the source... I've run into a lot of different weighting schemes over the years and I usually like to know the sources of where these come from and the reasoning behind these ideas because there is a lot of material and contradictory info out there and it can become very confusing if one isn't sure of the context. The concept of the almuten from the medieval era is similar involving the essential dignities and also has multiple weighting schemes each different according to author and some even with a different purpose or usage.