Does anyone else hate having Mars in Pisces?

Dragek

I've long heard how there are Mars in detriment like Libra or Taurus. But those of you who have Mars in Pisces don't you think that its worse off to have Mars in Pisces. Sometimes, there's a feeling of absolute powerlessness or frustration. Even when focused it feels like the juice runs out no matter how hard you try something says give up and when you do try it feels like youre going uphill and rapidly falling down. I've noticed that lists of greatest musicians or actors or some artists or writers might have it. But what about presidents or film directors. I've seen several top ten lists of film directors and none of them are Mars in Pisces placement. Also, no U.S. President has ever had Mars in Pisces. Not that I'm saying anything about being President, I'm just saying is all. Its a miserable position and I truly hate it, but I'm stuck with it and that's that. If you have Mars in Pisces also and hate to have it in that postition as well feel free to post.

Rasalhague

Hahaha! My exboyfriend had Mars in Virgo. Besides the point.

I'm a Mars in Cancer, anaretic degree.
For some reason I feel too that other people's 'assertion', those that have Mars in Aries for instance, is understood better. Because mine is cancer, people always think I'm "emotional" when I'm angry and demand something be set straight. Emotional? Huuhuu. Riiiight... Me and my virgo sun/ saturnal moon and cappy asc. I do find it difficult to be assertive, though I have no problems once I decide to be. That's the moment when you think you're going uphill and you'll be sliding down the hill again once people do not respond the same to you as they would to Mars in Aries types.

Kerrie

haha i have the Sun, Mercury, Mars, Ceres, Juno, Vesta, in Pisces...

I have never thought it was that bad... my unaspected Uranus in my 7th house is more of a pain!!! lol

cassanra

I would not think just that one thing ,....Mars in Pisces.....would be that bad. My boyfriend of many years has mars in Pisces and though I attribute his passive style of dealing with things to that and do not feel he sticks up for himself enough I find his kindness and compassion to be most amazing and he can work for hours and hours without complaint. But the Mars only has one other aspect is the handle on a bucket shaped chart. So I wounder how yours combines with the rest of your chart?

Culpeper

Premium Member
Pisces is not the worst place for Mars. If you are born at night, Mars is the triplicity ruler of Pisces. When between 19 and 28 degrees it is in its terms-- essential dignity. Then there may be receptions and other things that may help it. Be certain you have considered all astrological conditions before becoming so negative. And Mars is only one planet.

kokawaii

Yeah, Mars in Pisces is no picnic. There are celebrities with MiP: Sarah Michelle Gellar, Heath Ledger (may he RIP), Tom Hanks, etc... but they also have some fire in their charts to compensate.

Anyway, I don't like my MiP because I always run away from a bad situation instead of facing in (my chart is made of water and earth, I'm muddy!). I absolutely HATE confrontation (something to be avoided at all cost) and it's something I wish it could change. MiP doesn't act; it reacts... Yes, it ***** in many ways.

Arthur Fomalhaut

Dragek, but you are not telling us which aspects your Mars have. Seems like theres some agreement aspects weigh much more in the cosmic state of a planet. I ve been working several hours yesterday on my own table of supposedly good, neutral and bad position of planets, checking several authors and racking my brain well, debunking but taking into account the old lore of falls, detriments, etc; I wouldnt obsesse too much about it if I were you, there`s a lot of nonsense about this. Comes from the Greek penchant for symmetrical constructions, and some of them are based on the stupid mistaken rulerships of Taurus and Virgo, and a half Aquarius, we are waiting to update that. Some make no sense at all, as you say just from affinity of symbols look like other are worse or better, but others seem to be insightful though.
On the other hand dont forget that all charts have some of this supposed bad placements, is statistically difficult not to have Moon in Scorpio nor Mercury in Sagittarius nor Venus in Aries nor...you see
Unless aspects that wipe it out most of it, however, is true that you have there one force of the ego clashing with a force of transcendence of ego, but, if you allow me to talk weirdly, if you have it is because is in your best interest to have it; you must need in some moment or for some purpose in your life that you cannot fathom now, to put a lot of energy in imagination or in a difused manner, or actively refine low impulses, etc. who knows. Makes no sense not to love your chart. If you feel uncomfortable posting your chart send your details to me and I wouldn't mind having a look, as long as you keep in mind I m just studing and expect feedback.
By the way, I remember I saw at least a chart of an elite sportperson with Mars in Pisces, tennis player Arantxa S. Vicario who was top in the 90s. Funny enough, it was said that her most powerful weapon was her combative style, physical stamina and never giving up a single ball. There you are.

Last edited:

Spin

Dragek, I agree about Mars in Pisces. If there was one of my planets I could change, that would be the first choice. It's so wimpy. Of course having the Sun and Mercury in Pisces too doesn't help. I have a good friend who was born five days before me, same year and her Mars is in Aquarius--what a difference in initiative and activity. And she has the same Sun & Mercury in Pisces.

But as Arthur Fomalhaut mentioned, there are aggressive assertive Pisces Mars people but they usually have a strong fire emphasis too. Vicario has Sun, Jupiter, and I think Mercury in Sagittarius. Another assertive, physically active person with Mars in Pisces was Frank Wells, the Warner Bros & Disney president who attempted to climb the seven highest mountains in the 1980's. I just read a book about his adventure, Seven Summits, and was surprised to see, when I calculated his birth chart, Sun, Mercury and Mars in Pisces. But he had Uranus conjunct Venus in Aries and because his time of birth is unknown we don't know the house planets/emphasis. But as the book details, Wells was the weakest climber of the group and never did summit Everest. And interestingly, he died in a helicopter accident about 14 years ago when transiting Saturn was conjunct his natal Pisces Mars and opposing his ruling planet Neptune in Virgo.

A trade-in of my Pisces Mars for one in fire would be nice. Mars in Aries, for a Pisces Sun, would probably get me in too much trouble but I'd settle for Mars in Leo....

VENUS

yeah dragek, i sometimes hate having mars in pisces too. i feel like my energy level is low because of it too, and i dont have low iron. lol i have mine in the 5th house and i feel like thats why i always fall for liars., considering im so gullible too. im also always in my own world daydreaming LOL and boy is my imagination wild., and confrontation----hate it, yes i run alot, especially from problems..BUT...on the good side the artistic realm of it i think is awesome, and theyre appreciation for art is nice too i think. i also think it gives a nice soft side to us...dont ya think? ;)

oh, and culpeper what did u mean by this : "If you are born at night, Mars is the triplicity ruler of Pisces"

p.s. does anyone know if mars in pisces has a thing for water retention? i know pisces risings have that problem. but mine is sometimes extreme!!! i wonder if that has anything to do with it. my mother is a double pisces and she has the same thing. (im sure its probably genetic, but do you think its astro-genetic too? lol)

NekhbetII

I have Mars in Pisces in the 11th house, however it is at 29 degrees Pisces. So, I think I get a little energy from both Pisces and Aries. Makes friendships difficult because I am certain my actions confuse most people. I am not very predictable, slow treading yet impulsive, sentimental yet I am quick to toss, forget or loose things and the list goes on and on.

I don't really find the aspect to have wimpish qualities. Any appearance of "retreat" or "running" is (imo) a realization of "why bother getting upset?" As the fishy type know they can always swim the other way. Just not easy to pin a person (with this aspect) down to have an argument, they'd just rather leave the situation alone.

Ekim86

I got my mars at 0.17' degrees in pisces. When I was a younger lad I didn't care about confrintation. I would assert myself fine and stick up for myself when needed. Though I wasn't the smallest kid either. When highschool years hit I became alot more passive and elusive if you will. I begain to see myself avoiding confrintation. Now I think I'am passive aggressive. Makes sense right, Pisces (passive) Mars (aggressive) ;) Prolly a mix with other contributing fators also. All and All I don't see much problems with it. Just takes a little getting used to.

bbr11

I dont get it. Whats wrong with mars in virgo? is it that we get annoyed over the smallest thing and maybe we dont show it?!! hahahaha

icebox270534

I have Mars in Pisces too and I agree with most of you. I find it difficult to stand up for myself, I hate direct confrontation and I guess that's why everyone bullied me during my school years. Oh, sweet college!:D
But I don't think I hate it after all since I have read that most astrologers have Mars in Pisces. So I guess that's pretty cool, besides conflicts are never any good! Yeah, my Mars is doing the talking for me and I guess my Moon (in Libra) too!:)

NekhbetII

Polo said:
I imagine it would still be powerful if connected to a strong planet, like Pluto or the Sun.

I agree. I actually don't see it as that bad of an aspect, perhaps frustrating more than anything. Easiest way to deal with it is to establish a bit of routine/discipline or ritualized routines that will keep mars focused and leave pisces free to dream and/or spiritualize.

archergirl

I have Mars in Pisces in the 1st house, so I get some benefits from house placement and it makes Mars less weak...it also trines Jupiter and sextiles Saturn. I don't have a problem standing up for myself now...although I was bullied when I was younger. I had to learn how to fight.

Although I say I don't have a problem standing up for myself, I don't like confrontations where I feel I'm on my heels. Mr. Archergirl has Mars in Virgo, and he drives me nuts (and vice-versa) because his way of getting angry is to nag and carp about stuff. I just clam up and feel victimised until I've had enough...and then there's an explosion. My Mars aspects are fairly benign, but when pushed too far I have a spectacular temper.

Mars in Pisces isn't so bad. My best mate has Mars in Scorpio, and although this is officially a better place for Mars to be, she has real trouble handling the energies of it; she sees a barney everywhere, even when what she's getting wound up about isn't such a big deal...and then she can be quite nasty, per the Scorpio bit! Not to me, luckily. :p

Nah, I'll keep my gentle Piscean Mars. It cools the fire in the rest of my chart.

AG:)

astroman1

I also have Mars in Pisces at 28 degree. It also gets a bit of Scorpio influence as fas as decans go. But i dont find this to be "unassertive" rather unpredictable. It very unstable and your reaction can range from violent rages in confrontation to running away. Some earth signs help, keeps things grounded.
O and David Beckham and Posh also has Mars in Pisces... soo.. its not so bad.

waybread

I have Mars in Pisces--and opposite Saturn in Virgo to boot. I think I did have trouble sticking up for myself when I was younger, but I learned to do so over the years.

I don't think any placement is inherently or objectively bad. As astrologer Steven Forrest put it, no planet is in our chart just to hurt us. In choice-centered astrology, people are encouraged to think about empowering uses of their difficult placements.

Mars in Pisces, after all, could be a competitor in water sports, a Navy Seal, a crusader on behalf of misfortunate people, or a dreamy, gentle lover.