How to strengthen a weak planet?

RuledbySaturn

What are some ways one can strengthen a weak planet in one's chart? The only three methods I can think of are:

1. Relocate: So this planet is at least placed in a better house/angle (assuming this won't mess up the whole chart).

2. Compensate for it's weakness by consciously carry out this planet's traits in my life - For example, one with a weak Mars can consciously be more assertive and courageous, and one with a weak Jupiter can consciously be more generous and optimistic?

3. Traditional remedies, like talisman, Feng Shui type of thing: Which never worked for me, but have they worked for you?

Are my methods good? Please advise or if you know of other methods that would work because this weak planet happens to be the ruler of the house I care about the most. Thanks

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
3. Traditional remedies, like talisman, Feng Shui type of thing: Which never worked for me, but have they worked for you?

I might be incorrect, but I don't think planetary talismans were ever meant to make a bad planet nicer, but to strengthen an already powerful planet. I remember a few references to people having the planet they were creating a talisman for already significantly powerful in their charts.

katydid

What are some ways one can strengthen a weak planet in one's chart? The only three methods I can think of are:

1. Relocate: So this planet is at least placed in a better house/angle (assuming this won't mess up the whole chart).

2. Compensate for it's weakness by consciously carry out this planet's traits in my life - For example, one with a weak Mars can consciously be more assertive and courageous, and one with a weak Jupiter can consciously be more generous and optimistic?

Are my methods good? Please advise or if you know of other methods that would work because this weak planet happens to be the ruler of the house I care about the most. Thanks

First of all, let me say, that I really admire the way you are getting down to business here, learning some astrology and asking the right questions, and building upon your knowledge base. You are very ambitious and persistent and my Capricorn 8th house stellium LOVES that about you.

Now, if you want us to be able to really be specific about your particular 'weak' planet
then we need to know ;
the planets sign and degress
the house it's in and the degree of the house cusp
the house it rules
any and all aspects it is making

OR you could just post an anonymous chart...:bandit:

katydid

I might be incorrect, but I don't think planetary talismans were ever meant to make a bad planet nicer, but to strengthen an already powerful planet. I remember a few references to people having the planet they were creating a talisman for already significantly powerful in their charts.

No, talisman's are also crafted for 'weak' planets to help amp up their power. Most notably
Lunar Magic Talismans, from moonstone or abalone shells, designed to help fertility and of course, Venus amulets of copper, designed to trap the man first. :love:

Pallas-trine-Mars

My suggestion is to just push through it. You know better than anyone else what the problem areas in your life are, and now you have the astrological knowledge of the causes. So, just do what you know you have to do.

For instance, Neptune can make you naive and choose to believe something you know is untrue. But eventually you might be forced to accept the truth and it will hurt because of the disillusionment. Instead, just accept what you know to be true and be thankful that you could see and accept it. You might lack discipline (Saturn), when that happens the only thing to do is to make a change and become responsible... Anyway, that's what I think anyway. Understand the problem and find the information and strength you need to change.

RuledbySaturn

Thanks everyone, I actually don't quite know what the problem is - it's like hard work, little gain, no luck. When it somes to luck, I logically look at Jupiter, and Jupiter is the only planet in my natal chart that is retrograde. Not to mention it's placed in a bad house and conjunct a malefic, even though it does receive 3 trines, it still underperforms (based on results).

I judge things by results only, not by theory or what astrologers have told me, and I don't think it's an accident that the areas in my life that perform the best are ruled by malefics - since most of my malefics receive essential or accidental dignities. In the past few days I've been thinking that it's funny how I spent most of my life, without astrological knowledge, fousing my energies in areas ruled by weak planets...It's like I subconsciously knew they were weak, and they needed all the help they could get. But quite frankly I am done. I can honestly say that I've sacrificed enough and they've been "abandoned." God bless my weak planets and I know they can more than take care of themselves with all these soft aspects. I need someone who performs, like my dignified malefics.

unusual_suspect

May I suggest that this is where the free will aspect of astrology comes in to play, surely this is a tool to identify the part of you and your life that needs extra attention and that extra attention comes from within you.

these are the lessons you have chosen to learn and things you need to master in this incarnation if you belive in such things. Astrology is great, but as with all matters such as this people need to remember not to fall in to the trap of looking externally for answers to all their problems as the answers are often within.

I have Pluto, Saturn and Uranus rerograde in my natal chart and I feel that they are not weak, they simply express the energy in a different way to direct planets.

I often think of signs and planets in astrology as representing archetypes (sorry if I am talking out of my bottom here) that we all have within ourselves performing various functions and if I feel that certain energies are not being expressed I meditate on the sign or planet in question and ask that the energy is expressed through me and that I am to learn the lesson of that particular archetype.

Sorry if that sounds like new age mumbo jumbo.

I agree with Unusual aspect, I'm a deeply spiritual person and I believe we have 'chosen' the chart (prob with help :love:) and the family, childhood circumstances etc to the the 'Lessons' we have chosen to learn.

That's why astrology is so great, it helps us understand ourselves better and other people, their motivations, restrictions and limitations. We are all here to Learn, whether it's primary school, secondary, or university :biggrin:

Sometimes when we have 'trine' aspect we don't even recongise it, we simply just take it for granted, other things we have to work on a bit hard like sextile, creates opportunities, squares create internal tension, and oppositions are simply other people holding a mirror upto us so we can 'see ourselves' a little more clearly.

unusual_suspect

Astrologer50, I agree with you, the natal chart will help you understand areas that need to be focused on and challenges as well as potential opportunities, but as soon as we relinquish control of our lives to a part of our natal chart we disempower ourselves. We can choose to elvolve to the higher expression of an aspect/sign/planet or to go the easy route and give in to the shadow. we are always free to choose and I think it can be a little dangerous to adopt a fatalistic attitude to life.

To my mind our natal chart can show us where opportunties may arise and where we may need to put in some extra work, this is neither good nor bad. As you say about aspects, a trine may go to waste yet a square may become a generator of much creativity, it all depends how we choose to approach it :wink:

Last edited:
]
Now I have a question I've always wonder whether or not my Jupiter is considered "weak" Its in 9 degrees Capricorn in the 4th house conjunct to Neptune semi-square Mars and Venus and Quintile my sun in Pisces. I was told by a Vedic astrologer to purchase a Yellow Sapphire to help strengthen my Jupiter.

Last edited: