Transits to Composite Chart

VenusInAries

I would please like anyone's input, guidance, or experience they have had. Regarding transits that affect a relationship, do the transits on a composite have any bearing? Or what about the progressed composite chart does that hold anymore weight with transits on it over the composite? And what about transits to the Davision chart? Was wondering if anyone has done studies on this to see the validity or impact that transits have to any of these. Thank you so much for any input :)

Catatonia

VenusInAries said:
I would please like anyone's input, guidance, or experience they have had. Regarding transits that affect a relationship, do the transits on a composite have any bearing? Or what about the progressed composite chart does that hold anymore weight with transits on it over the composite? And what about transits to the Davision chart? Was wondering if anyone has done studies on this to see the validity or impact that transits have to any of these. Thank you so much for any input :)

In my opinion, both the Composite and the Davison hold their place. The composite isn't based on an actual time and place, but only the midpoints between planets - which may or may not prove to be accurate. Don't get me wrong, midpoints are EXTREMELY powerful. They further personal explanation for emotions and events. A Davison, on the other hand, is based on an actual time and place based on the two people involved. This is why a Composite Chart may be showing seemingly positive aspects - making you wonder why the relationship reeks so badly - while the Davison is going to pop up with some interesting details about your questioning.

While a Composite Chart is the chart of the relationship, supposedly, a Davison is much more real in terms of outside environment and what affect is has ON the relationship. Do you see the distinction? You'll rarely see how a family member or a friend affects your relationship in the Composite. This is mainly because it's the chart of the relationship itself, minus the environment. And though same signs are supposedly thought to get along regardless of individual persona, this isn't always true, and that is why taking a midpoint of two people's charts, that may have been born on the same day, will conclude a very positive composite with a severely different Davison. I hope you understood the last example I provided (the midpoint of two Taurus individuals' Suns will be Taurus, obviously).

On with my lecture. Transits made to the Composite and/or the Davison are significant. Progressed composite and Davison charts are also significant because you want to see where the relationship has the progressed to at the present point as well, this is highly relevant to transits and such.

The thing with relationship charts is, you won't ALWAYS find the answer in the actual relationship charts. This is because every person goes through different periods in their life. Perhaps you were going through a positive Venus/Jupiter period when you met and he was going through a Sun/Saturn period. Both periods will bring certain circumstances in your lives.

Furthermore, you can also look at the First Meeting Chart for details. The day and minute you 2 first met, or approximately, at least, may provide you with what you want to understand when you observe transits.

Relationship analysis takes much time and dedication and doesn't always point to a -clear cut- answer. Sometimes the answer lies in your own personal transits to the natal.

Hope this has helped. :34:

VenusInAries

That was a wonderful reply thank you so much. I have often wondered as well how to apply the meaning behind a composite versus a davision chart and that was very clear and helpful. Have you watched yourself regarding relationships and the transits which was very truth telling, say transits hitting the composite versus the davison.

I can also appreicate the individual transits as well. But have not kept close track of transits to composites or davison to really get a feel of how accurate they are. Also with your suggestion on the first meeting chart, would that be something to hang on to and check for transits hitting that as well? Or how relevant does that first meeting chart stay with a couple as they progress along in their relationship?

Very informative thank you and any experiences out there on keeping track of how transits affect the composite/progressed composite/davision etc.. I would be very grateful for the insights those experiences have given you.

Catatonia

VenusInAries said:
That was a wonderful reply thank you so much. I have often wondered as well how to apply the meaning behind a composite versus a davision chart and that was very clear and helpful. Have you watched yourself regarding relationships and the transits which was very truth telling, say transits hitting the composite versus the davison.

I can also appreicate the individual transits as well. But have not kept close track of transits to composites or davison to really get a feel of how accurate they are. Also with your suggestion on the first meeting chart, would that be something to hang on to and check for transits hitting that as well? Or how relevant does that first meeting chart stay with a couple as they progress along in their relationship?

Very informative thank you and any experiences out there on keeping track of how transits affect the composite/progressed composite/davision etc.. I would be very grateful for the insights those experiences have given you.

My problem is that I really haven't followed either the composite nor the davison transit wise.

Let me give you another example to further elaborate on your questions. Take your natal, for one. Your natal chart progresses every single year you age, correct? So, if the First Meeting Chart actually didn't matter transit-wise, why would your natal matter when transits hit it? :) It's the same theory. Your first meeting chart is like the natal of the interaction you two have throughout your lives. Another example can be the chart of, let's say, the USA. The day the declaration or independence was signed is the chart of the USA - which can ultimately determine how and why certain events have affected the US (attacks, special buildings, important people, etc).

This is why the first meeting chart may, in fact, account for some interesting events that took/will take place.

One thing I've noticed is a negative correlation with the South Node. Usually a Composite and Davison will have the same Sun sign and some other signs in common. A Sun as well as other inner planets conjuncting your South Node, as well as the Composite/Davison SOuth Node (you notice these things) is something we like to refer to as the "Snake Pit". People say it symbolizes past interaction in previous lives, which may or may not be true. Anyway, the South Node connections aren't a very positive thing in any case. I can confirm this with a few exes of mine :rolleyes:

Here's a fun example you can predict from. My ex and I have our composite/davison Sun, Mercury, and Juno all in Virgo - conjuncting my natal South Node. Saturn enters Virgo next year in September 2007. I am *predicting* that the ******* will make a psychotic attempt to crawl back somehow, because you know how Saturn is :D

Now, the fact I REALLY hope I am wrong about this predication is a totally different story. I just want you to get an example of what I mean.

It doesn't have to be a negative thing. Let's say your composite/davison Venus is in Sagittarius (in the relationship charts with your man). Jupiter enters Sagittarius on November 24th of this year, I believe. This positive Jupiter conjunction with the Venus is a REMARKABLE aspect, especially since Jupiter is in its domicile (ruling sign). What you may expect to see is an intensification of your relationship, you fall in love, you feel lucky - almost as if you've finally hit the love of your life. You may expect to go out together and stuff your faces, but you'd love doing it together anyway, lol.

You see what I mean? I'm sorry I can't help you out too much with personal experience because I didn't know back then what I know now, and now he's my ex. I will, however, look back and maybe provide a bit of info for you this way.

A small example that ended up being huge. The Moon was in Leo when he and I met (first meeting chart). Saturn is in Leo right now. Ever since Saturn entered Leo we have been on the rocks. This makes Saturn on our First Meeting Moon (emotions, emotional stress). He's a lying *******, so Saturn did what he knew was right - make me realize what a waste of time he is. It was very difficult, very painful, but in the end it was right.

Thank you much for your kind birthday wishes :)

VenusInAries

Very interesting Cat, did you ever check the transits to the composite and davison chart when he became an ex?

I was just looking at a few things here on mine. I met him on an online game (I know for those rolling their eyes) neither of us were looking for a relationship and most certainly not meeting someone that way. But now a year has gone by and the friendship over time has developed into much more. I plan on going there in Feb.

Now looking here when we met online transiting moon in leo was conjunct our composite sun in leo as well as you pointed out the davison sun in leo. As well as conjunct his natal mars. The transiting north node was conjunct my venus and his moon which conjuncts my 7th house.

Now for when we plan to meet. In our natals he has 5 degree virgo Jupiter oppose my moon of 3 pisces. Our davison mars is 6 virgo, his natal north node is 6 virgo, when we first meet venus will be 4 pisces so conjunct his south node and my natal moon and conjunct our davison mars and his jupiter.
So were you saying things conjunct the south node do not bode well? Also transiting jupiter will be conjunct my mars and conjunct our davison north node.

But then I wonder about the future. When that transiting Saturn conjuncts our davison Mars in 6 virgo, which conjuncts his 6 virgo north node and conjunct his natal jupiter in virgo, which will also be opposing my pisces moon. I'm already not looking forward to transiting saturn oppose my moon.

Our composite mars however is 18 libra, my rising is 22 libra and his natal pluto is 19 libra. So the composite mars will not be hit I wonder how much of the davison I take into account. lol just noticed our composite south node is 17 sag but our davision is north node is 17 sag..is that one of those correlations you were talking of.."snake pit". Oh but our composite mercury is 6 virgo hmm so I wonder when things hit there what will happen.

Our composite moon is conjunct my Natal north node it's 27 pisces so if we survive that early stuff of virgo I wonder what that hit will do for us.

Our composite venus is conjunct his natal rising, our composite mars conjuncts my natal rising. When we meet the moon will be in cancer..our davision chart has 17 cancer rising with a 12 cancer saturn and 19 cancer venus right on it.

Our progressed composite venus when we finally meet will be moved all the way to 5 pisces. So conjunct my natal moon, oppose our davision mars, his natal jupiter..conjunct the transiting venus etc.. so that would also be hit by the transiting saturn when it gets there.

His progressed natal has his sun conjunct my natal mars, his progressed moon conjunct my venus and 7th house. His progressed mars will be 4 virgo..interesting..hmm..his progressed juno is conjunct that davision cancer rising with saturn and venus on it and the moon when we meet.

My progressed moon is in cancer ..conjunct that as well.. my progressed mars is 4 sag..hmm..

This has all given me food for thought..probably should keep a journal so when those transits hit those aspects to us I can see what is happening and any validity. When your ex became an ex did you keep track of those things ..transits to all those things..progression and where they were? etc? Sorry I find this very interesting love learning and trying to apply it :) and his birthday was a week before yours 11/2 :) scorpios are da best :)

VenusInAries

Guess I should post a ps to that.. see one thing I am worried about is synastry wise, he has Saturn 22 virgo in the 8th house.. I have Pluto 22 Virgo in my 12 house.. my mars is 15 Sag..So my 12th house Pluto conjuncts his 8th house Saturn squared by my mars..in our composite we have a Mars Pluto conjunction square Saturn but the mars and pluto are in libra squared a cancer saturn.. so not sure if I need to worry about timings to that virgo sag square of those dangerous planets or timings to the same kind of square in libra cancer. Or will I feel something more before that when Saturn hits around 3 to 6 virgo hitting off all that stuff we have in our davision/composite and natal charts? Oh yes forgot in that too in the composite.. Mars Pluto conjunct..oppose chiron..squared Saturn so a nice ucky t-square there.

VenusInAries

Hmm just noticed next year when Saturn is in virgo and starts opposing my moon which is also hitting all that stuff I mentioned above that, My solar arc venus is exactly conjunct my natal sun, and his Solar Arc is 1 degree of conjuncting that venus sun conjunction. BUT..as I said above all those things happening around 3-6 degrees of virgo and pisces right.. his Solar arc Mars will be conjuncting his Natal Saturn which is involved with that ucky scary t-square I mention above with me, and my progressed mercury is 5 gemini, progressed mars 4 sag and solar arc saturn 8 gemini. With all that other stuff hitting my 3 pisces moon, and his north node and our davison mars and his natal jupiter..hmm but seems like that conjunction of solar arc venus to my sun and his solar arc moon to my sun and solar arc venus would be good stuff no?

Catatonia

Something you need to know is that synastry overpowers everything. Transits are transits. Just because some guy has a powerful Mars period and gets laid like it's the end of the world does NOT mean he's meeting the love of his life.

Your Saturn/Pluto/Mars conjunctions and squares in the 8th and 12th look VERY bad to me. The fact that your Mars squares his Saturn in 8th (the house of DEATH, rebirth, violence, inheritance, etc) makes me cringe when I see that aspect. It's not one of those things you treat as lightly as a Venus/Jupiter square.

I didn't roll my eyes at you because I feel we've all done that internet ****, I know I have. By the way, I am going to advise you not to do it. The very first synastry info you gave me made me take a huge step back.

I want you to understand that just because his Mars is being activated A LOT, and it is, that DOESN'T make it a friendly period for him other than maybe some exercise, a little competition, some violence, and a crapload of sex. In fact, the way you told me your upcoming Venus period coincides with his Mars period makes me cringe too. That makes me think that you're going to fall for him while he takes what he wants from you. Think about it.

This situation sounds perfect with that Venus conjunct your Moon, conjunct the Davison Mars and his Jupiter, right? You can almost disregard that that ENTIRE party is conjuncting the South Node. The Universe is taking your happiness and throwing it into the snake pit. How does that sound?

The North Node conjunctions mean different things too. North Node is the future, while the South is going backward (keeping your from going forward, from progressing. Hence, the snake pit). That doesn't mean it will turn out good. It just means that if you happen to pursue it in the future, you'll end up in caught up in a Mars/Saturn/Pluto 8th and 12th house fiasco.

So your composite Mars is in Libra (detriment, weakened position) conjunct your beautiful little Libra Rising. Don't be fooled. Mars is not about love and it never has been. His natal Pluto being conjunct the composite Mars, conjunct your ASC only means that he's supposedly transforming you somehow, maybe causing your to obsess at the same time.

Do you realize what Pluto stands for? Let's combine some aspects. Your Mars square his Saturn in the 8th house, while his Pluto is on your Ascendant. The 8th house is Pluto's house (Modern ruler of Scorpio). Something tells me that this guy is planning or will end up doing some very bad things to you if you meet him.

Your Mars-Pluto conjunction square Saturn is just another reason to STOP.

Remember - composite charts are ONLY midpoints. Also remember that Saturn isn't about bringing you fun and joy. Saturn is cold and dry and depressed and karmic. It will teach you lessons you wouldn't regularly want to learn. If you rebel, it will bite you in the ass harder than you've ever been bitten before. Now look at those Saturn squares we have up there in the 8th and 12th house + Pluto + Mars. This is a recipe for disaster.

Saturn square/opposition Moon is one of the worst transits to have.

What I suggest you do is this. Go read up on EXACTLY what the houses and planets stand for, their pros and cons. Read up on what a t-square/grand cross is. Read up on the SIGNS and what they stand for, what they bring.

Look, it's not even the fact that I've been through the internet dating thing like goin' through a car wash, but the fact that this situation sounds dangerous, deadly even. I suggest you get out of it as soon as possible and without as much emotional stress on his part. Don't shatter the world down on him, who knows what he'll do. Just because your composite chart gives you a positive point or two doesn't mean -squat-. This is your huge lesson in astrology; learn to tell when something just doesn't sound good.

Furthermore, a year is nothing. I've devoted almost twice that amount of time without avail, and the guy was a sex-hungry @hole.

You are an absolutely beautiful woman, I can tell from your avatar. Don't fall for the internet predators. If your Mars is in Sagittarius, then transiting Pluto is conjuncting it (if not orb-wise then sign-wise). It's just -not- looking swell to me.

If you'd like you can send me both your natal chart and his natal chart and I will tell you more. Don't confuse this offer for something else. My answer still stands - thankfully you pointed out a few of the most important things to know.

Wish you the best - awaiting the charts if you want to send.

Last edited:

VenusInAries

Thank you for your frankness Cat, as you can tell I'm sure my mars in sag prefers and respects directness.

Yes I have seen these things, worried about these things, but there also has to be some other stuff going on there is a very strong pull for both of us, very strong love for both of us. That keeps pulling us together. Do I worry about that you bet.

Also just to throw out there as a possiblity. When Saturn transits my moon in that ooogly opposition, I'm sure to expect depression. I have suffered from that time to time. And when I was younger tried several times to hurt myself. So I wonder too could those transits that will be affecting both of us; could the possiblity be he becomes angry and has an outburst and I kill myself? Then his Saturn return in the 8th house could be him experiencing a painful death; I do know he loves me deeply. Just throwing that out there instead of him hurting me. Or I mean Saturn conjuncts his saturn in the 8th house, it will be conjunct my pluto and moving into the 12th house for me, I'm not a violent person but what if I hurt him and saturn in the 12 house is jail..confinement. Sorry just throwing that out there because there is another person involved here that's not speaking up for themselves and want to be fair that maybe he is not the one that directly hurts me or even hurts me at all.

But I did send you our birth info, I am very grateful and open to hearing all that you have to share. ::big hug::

VenusInAries

k wanted to check what was going on when Saturn was in Gemini square my moon. My moon is in the 5th house of children. My now ex husband then husband forced me at the time of that square to get an abortion he was very abusive with me until I submitted. I went thru a lot of pain over it. I ended up running away to Hawaii to get away from him left a job I loved (moon rules my 10th house) that for me I would still be there had none of that happened. Also I can no longer have children now because of that abortion. They botched it up and I was bleeding internally and had to have an emergency hysterectomy. My ex husband also has his mars at 3 sag. So with Saturn coming up next year opposing my moon and affecting those things he and I have in our davision chart and the other stuff as well..and then his saturn return at 22 virgo and my pluto at 22 virgo..I'm not sure what to expect.

freedomlover

Thank you, VenusinAries, for asking this question. I was wondering about this subject, as well. Does anyone know if this is possible to see through AstroDienst? or do you have to have your own software to do this?

Catatonia

VenusInAries said:
Thank you for your frankness Cat, as you can tell I'm sure my mars in sag prefers and respects directness.

Yes I have seen these things, worried about these things, but there also has to be some other stuff going on there is a very strong pull for both of us, very strong love for both of us. That keeps pulling us together. Do I worry about that you bet.

Also just to throw out there as a possiblity. When Saturn transits my moon in that ooogly opposition, I'm sure to expect depression. I have suffered from that time to time. And when I was younger tried several times to hurt myself. So I wonder too could those transits that will be affecting both of us; could the possiblity be he becomes angry and has an outburst and I kill myself? Then his Saturn return in the 8th house could be him experiencing a painful death; I do know he loves me deeply. Just throwing that out there instead of him hurting me. Or I mean Saturn conjuncts his saturn in the 8th house, it will be conjunct my pluto and moving into the 12th house for me, I'm not a violent person but what if I hurt him and saturn in the 12 house is jail..confinement. Sorry just throwing that out there because there is another person involved here that's not speaking up for themselves and want to be fair that maybe he is not the one that directly hurts me or even hurts me at all.

But I did send you our birth info, I am very grateful and open to hearing all that you have to share. ::big hug::

I got your message. Here's a new technique that I am using and may prove to be more explanatory than others. First of all, your Saturn is in the 12th, but it's also in its JOY.

I don't know about him, I don't know who he is and what he's after which is why it's hard for me to say. Considering your Mars squares HIS Saturn in 8th, that looks like you making him mad and him hurting you in response to that.

Saturn opposition Moon comes out as depression a lot of times, but it doesn't have to be that way if you haven't done anything to deserve it. It gets lonely, it gets sad, memories come back. You only get sucked in if you let yourself.

I had Saturn square my Sun, Moon, Mercury, and Pluto. Ive also experienced Saturn oppositions. Both experiences stripped me of many things I worked for. In fact, they were both 2 of the most dark periods of my life. I almost drowned during a vacation, but luckily it was my Jupiter return and someone saw my arms from out of the water and pulled me out.

I want you to understand that this is serious. You're putting your life on the risk, and you're trusting this guy with your heart and soul after speaking to him for 1 year. You need to wrap yourself up in friends, don't isolate yourself. Take on a new hobby. Join a gym, start a new class.

The new technique I was talking about was the whole house system. That puts his Saturn in the 8th. It's part of a very angry, violent, deadly t-square that falls in his 8th house.

I received your messages and i looked at the charts. You have some basic compatibility that a couple should have, but not nearly enough for me to tell you that you belong together. It's just not true.

Consider your Sun opposite his Saturn, for one. His Sun happens to be opposite your Saturn as well. I am sure he likes your Aries Venus a lot, but you're for love and closure and he's looking someone to *****. He's an Aqua ascendant - which points to detachment. Furthermore. his Scorp Sun is square his ascendant.

He's got an Aries Moon - conjunct your Venus. He was to g-e-t i-t o-n.

I think that the only reason you're getting into this is because your history is getting at you with the upcoming Saturn opposition to your Moon.

Please, rethink what you're wanting to do. If you associate yourself with new groups of people I am sure you'll be able to score yourself a good man IN PERSON.

Luck and Best Wishes, and also will get back to you. Stay strong!

Catatonia

Last edited:

VenusInAries

Thanks Cat I appreciate that info, but I am confused about what you say about my Saturn in the 12th house.. my pluto is.. but my natal Saturn is in the 7th house in taurus..our davison chart puts saturn in the 12th house.. but why should I be scared of him.. my venus in aries on his moon in aries.. his sun trine my moon..his venus on my neptune oppose my sun..his jupiter oppose my moon.. all good yes?

Catatonia

VenusInAries said:
Thanks Cat I appreciate that info, but I am confused about what you say about my Saturn in the 12th house.. my pluto is.. but my natal Saturn is in the 7th house in taurus..our davison chart puts saturn in the 12th house.. but why should I be scared of him.. my venus in aries on his moon in aries.. his sun trine my moon..his venus on my neptune oppose my sun..his jupiter oppose my moon.. all good yes?

Your Saturn's natally in 8th too. It's at 1* Taurus in the 8th house - whole house system.

I was just saying that Saturn isn't in a very bad position in the 12th.

Aries is about banging, that's what I'm saying. Sun trine Moon is good, Venus on the Moon is good. Venus on Neptune opposite Sun is waaaaaay bad. That's the cause of what's happening. Neptune is delusion, illusion, imaginary stuff. Venus on Neptune isn't always bad, but in the case of internet relationships it is. Have Venus conjunct Neptune and opposing the Sun looks like major deception. He may be lying to you and I wouldn't be surprised. Have you had any suspicions?

I have a Venus/Neptune square and my exes Sun was perfectly trine my Moon, Venus wasn't in bad condition either. His Sun opposed my Venus/Neptune square. Turns out he's a big fat liar :)

VenusInAries

Well I think ..in fear of being compared to your ex.. I am the one that took the lying path in this relationship at first... I didn't know where he was coming from when we first started talking so I did not give myself to him in the sense of getting to know me.. I didn't tell full truths.. later I did once I realized where it was going.. it was super hard on him he is very hardcore on truth telling...so I came clean with the things I wasn't truthful about.. as far as sex I'm a Taurus he is a Scorpio..we both like sex.. he has long periods in between relationships he doesn't jump from one to the next so he's gone a while w/out sex..so does he want to have sex yes..do I ..yes.. but he has a lot of love towards me too... well just wanted to throw the lies out there and see.

Catatonia

VenusInAries said:
Well I think ..in fear of being compared to your ex.. I am the one that took the lying path in this relationship at first... I didn't know where he was coming from when we first started talking so I did not give myself to him in the sense of getting to know me.. I didn't tell full truths.. later I did once I realized where it was going.. it was super hard on him he is very hardcore on truth telling...so I came clean with the things I wasn't truthful about.. as far as sex I'm a Taurus he is a Scorpio..we both like sex.. he has long periods in between relationships he doesn't jump from one to the next so he's gone a while w/out sex..so does he want to have sex yes..do I ..yes.. but he has a lot of love towards me too... well just wanted to throw the lies out there and see.

LOL sex doesn't bother me :p I am talking about manipulation. I also have to tell you that in synastry aspects may work mutually.

You do have certain indicators in your chart about that too, but I suppose you can't be open to everyone you meet on the internet.

His Venus (love, affection) is conjunct (put together) with your Neptune (dreams, deception) opposite (energy is hostile towards) your Sun (your ego, will, self). Your Sun IS opposite his Venus, after all. That shows a bit of a difference in what the two people find important in love relationships.

Don't forget the Sun/Saturn oppositions from both ends.

Your Neptune falls into your 2nd house and it's retrograde. I wonder what money has to do with this. His Sun, Venus, and Midheaven all fall in your 2nd house. Does he want to work for you?

Ahhh the power of illusion and deception....

Sania

Our Davison ascedant is on 19 degrees Virgo. Right now saturnus is on 13.54 Virgo so..almost conjunct Davison ascedant + Uranus transit is at 20.24 pieces and that's conjunct descedant!? Can somebody tell me what this means?

I just broke up but with this boy and i'm very sad about that.. i just wanted to make him think more seriously about what he wants.... because i 'm so tired being the only one who's working on this relationschip.

And my second question: how can we interpret the North Node in Davidson conjuct his venus in natal?

any input will be appreciated THANKS.