Singleton Pluto

Psiber_Space

Hi! I've been away for awhile. I hope you all remember me.

As before, I always have questions. My Pluto is singleton as an earth sign (Virgo). Pluto is also peregrine, and exactly conjunct the Midheaven from the 9th house. My learning tells me that Pluto should be interpreted in the 10th house, but my question comes from the fact that Pluto is also retrograde. Should I interpret Pluto in the 9th or the 10th?

Being singleton, Pluto becomes the planet through which my whole chart funnels. Being peregrine, Pluto stands out and receives strength. Being exactly conjunct the Midheaven makes it even more important to me vacationally. While I have no doubt about Pluto in Virgo, I'm not really sure which house I should be looking at.

I've tried asking myself which I feel most like, but I don't think I feel like one or the other, or even both at once. Both houses refer to leadership of one kind or another, but I've always put off being a leader. I've never wanted it. Of course that could be due to Mars in 12th house, Gemini 7th house and Cancer 8th house, but I don't really know.

waybread

If a planet is conjunct your MC, you will probably feel it strongly in terms of your "destiny", vocation, or public image even if it is in the 9th. The Gauquelins, a couple who wereFrench statisticians, found that career success was strongly related to a planet in the 9th but conjunct the MC. I think one reason why this might be the case is that the 9th house includes a whole range of horizon-expanding activities, such as higher education, developing a life philosophy or set of beliefs, commerce, foreign affairs,publications, science, and a sense of vision. So someone with a well-developed 9th house would probably be at an advantage in terms of career. There is a saying in astrology that each house indicates the resources of the previous house. So one's vocation derives to some extent from 9th house matters.

Pluto is retrograde a lot of the time. In the 9th it might indicate a capacity for transforming oneself through horizon-broadening activities.

Hi! I've been away for awhile. I hope you all remember me.

Hi I don't remember you but it's nice to have you back!

As before, I always have questions. My Pluto is singleton as an earth sign (Virgo). Pluto is also peregrine, and exactly conjunct the Midheaven from the 9th house. My learning tells me that Pluto should be interpreted in the 10th house, but my question comes from the fact that Pluto is also retrograde. Should I interpret Pluto in the 9th or the 10th?

First of all, you're using Placidus. I might also look to Equal House to get another picture of what you chart can look like. It would position the MC differently and maybe render things more clearly for you, worth a try. Personally, looking just at this chart in Placidus, I'd see that the degrees for Pluto are behind the MC, and therefore interpret its primary source of influence, the energies it draws and brings to the MC as coming from the 9th house. But because its drawn into the MC very closely, it's almost as if the 9th house power-point of Pluto is poured into the 10th house.

I've tried asking myself which I feel most like, but I don't think I feel like one or the other, or even both at once. Both houses refer to leadership of one kind or another, but I've always put off being a leader. I've never wanted it.

I too have Pluto conjunct the MC, in Scorpio 10th house, with SN in Libra in the 9th conjunct MC as well. I understand what it's like to feel compelled to take a leadership role.

Because Pluto is in Virgo, and so powerful, I might look to what compells you in terms of your own means of helping and healing others. Seeing that I'm operating as if the majority of Plutonic force is coming from the 9th house, helping others develop a philosophical outlook that helps them transcend their current ways of thinking, with an emphasis on the practical side of producing a sense of health and wellness, could very well be something that might be satisfying for you.