The toughest/weakest star sign?

GreenMist

Banned
I guess many people would say that Scorpio is the badass of the zodiac, but I would also rank Capricorn, Saggitarius and Aries as of similar toughness with Cap being perhaps the strongest.

The weakest or softest being perhaps pisces and cancer. Perhaps Libra and aquarius couldn't be considered very tough either.

any thoughts?

Who would you least want a confrontation or argument with?:devil:. I personally find that aries would be the most difficult as they can be quite harsh and lack understanding.

Which sign gets bullied the most :crying:?

freedomlover

I guess many people would say that Scorpio is the badass of the zodiac, but I would also rank Capricorn, Saggitarius and Aries as of similar toughness with Cap being perhaps the strongest.

The weakest or softest being perhaps pisces and cancer. Perhaps Libra and aquarius couldn't be considered very tough either.

any thoughts?
I think that Scorpio and Capricorn placements are very good at "toughness", in that they are good at overcoming adversity. Mars in Capricorn, in particular, I've found has tremendous staying power.

Sagittarius placements can sometimes have a tendency to run away from their lessons, rather than stay, face, and transform them. They can also have a tendency to overlook what the problem really is.

I agree that Pisces and Cancer probably are the "softest", since they are water signs that focus on the emotions, and can be easily hurt. Scorpio can, too, but they have more transformative, overcoming power to deal with it. In my own personal experience, Cancer placements, especially Venus in Cancer, can by very, very easily hurt. Mars in Cancer, too - but these tend to lash out more in response, esp. the males.

Who would you least want a confrontation or argument with?:devil:. I personally find that aries would be the most difficult as they can be quite harsh and lack understanding.
Personally, I find people with strong Leo placements the most difficult to deal with in an argument or conversation. They can come on way too stong, and be focused on their own point of view waaaaay too much. Actually, all fire sign placements can lean towards this tendency, but I find Leo placements the hardest to deal with. (Of course, I'm not speaking of all people I know with Leo placements... some handle it very well....)

Hmmm... Pisces seems the most logical. Libra could tend to have this tendency, as well. Probably those with weak Mercury and Mars placements would have a harder time standing up for themselves.

Hey guys,

I think that Scorpio is the toughest sign because I have the same sign. At this time I have to face many difficulties in my study. I have already faced many challenges up to now. So, I vote the Scorpio as the toughest sign.:devil:

Last edited:

dreamtimez

I have found water signs to be the softest ... easily hurt I mean ! And Cancer is the softest but if you hurt a Cancer you would never know, they have a tough shell ! Toughest, in my experience is the Earth signs ... Taurus, Capricorn, Virgo !

GreenMist

Banned
I don't think the opinions of aquarius or gemini are really very deep or meaningful so they are usually easy to defeat in an argument.

Capricorn are more at home with toughness and durability than taurus as taurus are more prone to comfort and peace seeking to last it out in a confrontation.

The fire signs are probabaly the best for an argumentative situation, I would say aries is alot more insightful and penetrative while Libra plays a wait and see non confrontational type game. Libra wouldn't last a second against aries.

freedomlover

I don't think the opinions of aquarius or gemini are really very deep or meaningful so they are usually easy to defeat in an argument.

I do not think that opinions of Aquarius or Gemini are not really very deep or meaningful. What are they? all a bunch of flakes? No, I don't think so.

What I think the problem is is this:

Aquarius has a tendency to want to "close their ears", can have a rebellious, know-it-all tendency. Aquarius is, after all, a fixed air sign. Their opinions may be entirely valid, or they may not be, but they will not really "hear" what the other is saying to find out. A fixed air sign's purpose is to teach one to hold on to their personal revelations. However that can backfire if they carry it too far, and are not open to others points of view.

Gemini, on the other hand, has the built-in tendency to see both sides. Gemini make great counselors for this reason. But because they see both sides of the argument, they can change their own mind too quickly, especially if they were taught as children that their own opinions were not valid. Then when someone challenges them, they quickly drop their own opinion and adopt the others.

At least these have been true in my observation...

FL

GreenMist

Banned
Tough like what, weak like what? Life is too complex as to generalize those adjectives. Don't you think? :)

Signed:
A tough/weak Gemini

Tough liked someone who is not easily ruffled in a confrontation, or someone who can take alot of punishment and has good staying power for activities like sport or a physically and mentally demanding job, or someone not to be messed with :ninja:

Weak as in very sensitive and easily hurt, someone who finds it hard to be assertive and stand up for themselves, someone who can be a walk over or easily moved by a sob story etc. Someone who is easily taken advantage off, someone who could lack courage ( not all the time), this is generally speaking.

If we didn't generalize adjectives nobody would ever have a conversation and we would just be robots

am.. oh yeah, the patronizing bit... don't you think??

Last edited:

freedomlover

That must mean that we are bored with the conversation... :cool: :tongue: :D :D

Hehe.... yeah, there's nothing like a bored Gemini to disrupt a perfectly good conversation..... :tongue::D I have Jupiter Rx in Gemini in the 6th, ruling my 3rd, and I will definitely find myself "checking out" if the topic gets too boring or stuck on one subject.

GreenMist

Banned
For someone willing to take a lot of punishment you should have been asking about the most masochist sign. :ninja: :andy:

I think we all are very sensitive, at least I always address others thinking they are sensitive...:love: We all are walked over now and then, aren't we?

It is difficult to be very brave and courageous at all times. :annoyed:

Thats just not very smart, so you think an athlete who pushes him or herself to train for a sporting event is a masochist?

Sensitivity varies, people vary, thus the question.

GreenMist

Banned
anyone who has to train hard in sport to become the best or to compete as hard as they can punish themselves, especially in sports where toughness is required like the marathon, triathlon, boxing etc

GreenMist

Banned
Ha, ha, ha. You see, GreenMist? When Gemini starts feeling weak, we'd call another Gemini and begin an Alliance.

There are other resources we can use, but I won't tell you yet, you may become too tough with so many ideas. :whistling:

:D

Well I auctually listed pisces as one of the weaker less durable signs of which I am one. :whistling:

Everytime I see the word templeton, I think simpleton, just a compulsion for me :biggrin:

The question is simple, I was just looking for response from peoples experiences with the variety of stars signs and if they found them tough or weak willed.

GreenMist

Banned
Gemini are for me like a butterfly, hard to pin down but really not very threatening ,

Virgo, very practical, down to earth, very simplistic in a good way. Definately could be very strong willed in terms of loyalty in certain circumstances.

freedomlover

Quoting Templeton:
Templeton is not a word dingleberry, that's my name! :happy:
I love your screenname, and especially your original avatar - the original "Templeton" from Charlotte's Web - voiced by the late, great Paul Lynde, one of my all time favorite comedians.:w00t:

For example, my Mars is in Capricorn so in a fight, I would plan my moves ahead of time and probably assume a defensive posture. I wouldn't rush in throwing wild hay-makers like a Mars in Aries would.
;)
Adding more fuel to my Mars in Capricorn theory....:rightful:

freedomlover

Quoting Templeton:
Nice to meet you. I have mixed feelings about your screen name.
I think you should submit to my almighty authority as chosen one :wink:
Eh? I don't think so. My screenname will not permit it.:wink:

J/K, Templeton is my one of my all-time favorite movie characters, the one who reminds me the most of myself :p

What? You hoard garbage?

That we are great people?:whistling:

Why, yes.... Mars. 10'53" Capricorn, at your service.:rightful:

FL

Mr stellium

"Toughest" - Strong malefics (Saturn / Mars) and the signs they rule, especially Capricorn - a Saturn ruled sign where Mars is exalted.

"Weakest" - Strong Moon / Venus and the signs they rule.

freedomlover

That would explain why I am tough and weak. :rightful:

My Saturn is in Mars dwelling (Aries), but my Moon is also strong in Taurus.

The only problem I have with that theory is that I think most people can be tough and weak... :whistling: :)

You are exactly right, Haizea. That is why I prefer to say "placements" instead of Sun signs. To label someone as strong or weak because of their Sun sign is to say that that can be determined only by the Sun sign. When in fact, the rest of the chart needs to be taken into account. Every chart has strong placements and also weak placements. Nobody's perfect.:wink:

GreenMist

Banned
Templeton is not a word dingleberry, that's my name! :happy:

Well, it was but I prefer to go by "Chosen One" now.

Anyway, in response to your "simple" question. I don't know if the Sun is a great indicator for toughness. In terms of physical strength and endurance I think you should look to Mars, the sign it's placed in to find out what kind of fighter/lover the person is, then look at the aspects it makes to see how the energy is expressed. Check out the ascendant for body type as well.

For example, my Mars is in Capricorn so in a fight, I would plan my moves ahead of time and probably assume a defensive posture. I wouldn't rush in throwing wild hay-makers like a Mars in Aries would.
With Taurus as my ascendant, I'm not that assertive or fast but I'm well built, blessed with good stamina and a strong upper body. You probably won't outlast me in a fight, so you'd have to overpower me from the start or else I would win ;)

I never said sun sign, keep up.

Well, I have Mars in Scorpio :rightful: with a taurus ascendant also.

btw, I know the templeton is not a word dingleberry, whatever that is. Odd random thing to say. I think Simpleton suites you better.

Last edited:

GreenMist

Banned
Meh. I know you think it's a clever play on words, but I think you can do better.

But if you insist, I'll try and be a good sport about it. As long as I get to call you dingleberry:rightful:

Is that alright with you, dingleberry?:biggrin:

It's called telling the truth, see my thread on "designer birth chart". I did not mention, nor did I solely consider sun sign.

But dingleberry is a word. :biggrin: You will have to learn to use the Caps first!:w00t:

Call me Adolf.:rightful:

piercethevale

any thoughts?

I've heard it said that more great boxers and martial artists have Sun in Capricorn than any other sign.