The pursuer in Synastry.

Sany

From my personal experience I can say that in a Mars Venus opposition pursuer is definitely the Venus person. Happened to me twice with me being the Mars person.

crassy

Venus conjunct Sun = Pursuer = Venus
disagree. I dated a guy for almost 2 years, my Venus conjunct his Sun. As the relationship crumbled, he held on while I couldn't wait to let go.

Mars conjunct Venus (independently of the gender )= Pursuer = Venus
Agree, but in only case I've had of this, his Mars is retrograde

Mars opposing venus (Mars have those jealous feellings high But) = Pursuer = Venus.
agree

Sun conjunct ascendant = Persuer = Ascendant
agree

Pluto conjunct venus = Persuer = definitly = Pluto
Agree, although in the context I experience this conjunct, persuer really meant 'dominant'

Mars conjunct sun = its weird, no spark.
Disagree. Had great physical chemistry with this conjunct.

filly

Hi everyone!

I see here and everywhere pretty much so many people disregarding Mercury has a relationship planet. And sexual speaking is one of the sexiest planets it can be!

As humans our minds dictate much regarding our approach to sex,if we are open or have blockages, if we think about sex and what we think. And how we can turn ourselves on or just by thinking of someone.

Mercury has rulership over my 12house of bed pleasures, is in my 7house in sensual tauraus and trines Eros in my 3rd house.
So sex is on my mind and is most important in partnership.

My partner's Mars(his 7h e 12h rulers) conjunct my Mercury who falls in his 1st house. So although he pursued me at the beginning I'm the one on his face now.
To complement this his psyche is conjunct my eros trined by my merc/his Mars.
He says I think of sex all the time. Lol
Though his Mars is in the 1st house, it's the 7th ruler so it would suggest the partner being on the pursue of him!

Mercury should be given more credit in sexual matters. One may have a great stamina (mars) but not mental stimulation.
Mercury can stimulate our stamina and in synastry someone's sex charged planet can stimulate your mind and vice-versa.
Stuff like:
You blow my mind,you make me go crazy, all I can think about is having sex with you,teasing verbally,etc... it's very mercurial!
Then, how can an argument with someone be such a turn on?
And with others a turn off?
How can I think of ways to spice your sex life?
Let's talk about sex!
What are your sexual fantasies?
Mars doesn't think about this, it is the style when in action, raw and physical needs. Animal instinct?

Freud would agree on this! :) How our libido is conditioned by our minds.

Last edited:

Hanzzo

Thanks for the feedback... although in my experience i never looked at mercury as a relationship planet. but i will keep that in mind.

theV

The pursuer of the relationship or the person who is most influenced by the relationship is the one whose natal planets are in touch with the davison chart is influence by the relationship.

theV

Hi everyone!

I see here and everywhere pretty much so many people disregarding Mercury has a relationship planet. And sexual speaking is one of the sexiest planets it can be!

As humans our minds dictate much regarding our approach to sex,if we are open or have blockages, if we think about sex and what we think. And how we can turn ourselves on or just by thinking of someone.

Mercury has rulership over my 12house of bed pleasures, is in my 7house in sensual tauraus and trines Eros in my 3rd house.
So sex is on my mind and is most important in partnership.

My partner's Mars(his 7h e 12h rulers) conjunct my Mercury who falls in his 1st house. So although he pursued me at the beginning I'm the one on his face now.
To complement this his psyche is conjunct my eros trined by my merc/his Mars.
He says I think of sex all the time. Lol
Though his Mars is in the 1st house, it's the 7th ruler so it would suggest the partner being on the pursue of him!

Mercury should be given more credit in sexual matters. One may have a great stamina (mars) but not mental stimulation.
Mercury can stimulate our stamina and in synastry someone's sex charged planet can stimulate your mind and vice-versa.
Stuff like:
You blow my mind,you make me go crazy, all I can think about is having sex with you,teasing verbally,etc... it's very mercurial!
Then, how can an argument with someone be such a turn on?
And with others a turn off?
How can I think of ways to spice your sex life?
Let's talk about sex!
What are your sexual fantasies?
Mars doesn't think about this, it is the style when in action, raw and physical needs. Animal instinct?

Freud would agree on this! :) How our libido is conditioned by our minds.

:surprised::surprised::surprised::surprised::surprised::surprised::surprised::surprised::surprised::surprised:

theV

thank you, for your contribution, yea i already read that before,
can you please post your thoughts on that?

From my reading, I noticed when the Davison chart is in contact with one of the partner sensitive points that partner is usually more invested in the relationship. I have commented on one of posts where a partner was very interested in relationship and the other partner It turned out most of his planets are in touch with the davison planets

filly

Thanks for the feedback... although in my experience i never looked at mercury as a relationship planet. but i will keep that in mind.

I had that eye opener when studying vedic astrology some years back!
My partner for example, has Mercury in pisces, I can tell you that nothing in his chart denotes more propensity in getting in the mood for sex than this position.
He can pursue sex (mars) if an urgent physical need or a build up kind of thing.
But his mood when this is not the case is stimulated if he listens passionately to his favorite music, if he has few drinks, maybe a little joint to ease his mind(all very piscean) and specially in a friendly environment set (Mercury in the 11h). Then his Mars in Taurus builds up slowly but with a strong urge.
If he has too much troubles to think about and nothing to ease his mind, Sex is the last thing on his mind. Our mars/venus synastry alone can't change his mind!
But if I plant a seed in his mind it will eventually grow. Awareness and some thought turns desire into will.
My 5H ruler is in my 8th squares his Mercury with mutual reception.

Some couples need to see a psycologist to help solve their sexless lives.
Everything is a state of mind! All that exist in our worlds is processed through our minds conscientiously or not.

Of course we may have great chemistries but if our sexy minds aren't compatible, fantasies are not met at the same time and environment.Personal problems or problems with our relationship can occupy our minds so we neglect our physical needs.
This is a most common problem in sex related issues between couples, specially in long term ones.
Temptation comes in many forms and our minds are set to it before any sexual relationship becomes physical.

We are ruled by emotions, needs, desires, etc.. but we are ruled by our minds too!
So if I decide I don't want to experiment our mars square venus because I don't think is right, I won't!
If you want, make think I want and entice my mind if you can!

comdoc

First wife's Sag Sun oppose my Gemini Venus. Her Libra Moon oppose my Aries Sun. Pluto conjunct my Leo Mars. Powerful mutual attraction. No need for either to pursue the other, we just loved being together.

Former fiance's Cancer Venus conjunct my Moon, Gemini Mercury conjunct my Venus, Leo N. Node conjunct my Asc, Vertex conjunct my Neptune. She was the pursuer, proposed marriage after 2 months of glorious intimacy.

Powerful love asteroid interconnections with both.

Snakechammah

Based on my own experience, whenever there is a Venus Square Pluto, the dance of pursuing begins.

It's usually Pluto who pursues and Venus who is secretly smitten and then suddenly pulls away or rejects.

That aspect to me, is powerful in creating movement in an otherwise humdrum 'crush' (in my experience that is!)

Hope that helps!