dominant planets in natal charts.

antares_reborn

Its very easy to see which signs/ houses and elements are most dominant in a natal chart.
But what about the planets?...is it the amount of aspects.....is it the type of aspects i.e harmonius or inharmonius?.....is it to do with planets being close to the angles?
Just wondered if theres any accepted way to see which planet is most dominant..or if you cant really say one way or the other planetry wise

MTTY05

The dominant planets are those which are exalted by sign or house placement. For example. Mars in Aries, Venus in Taurus, or Neptune in the 12th house, etc.

And like you said, a planet being angular makes it stronger too. Planets conjunct the Asc or MC become stronger. And planets that are apart of some kind of aspect configuration, say a grand trine, I would think those planets would be strong as well.

Last edited:

Arian Maverick

This is my opinion only, but I'd say that Mars is the most dominant planet in your natal chart since it rules your Scorpio stellium. However, I wouldn't discount Venus or Jupiter either, since they are in mutual reception. This mutual reception is the last step of the dispositor chain, so it has much influence over the planets in Sagittarius as well as the planets in Libra.

Here's a roundup:

Sun/Mars/Uranus/North Node in Scorpio are disposited by Mars in Scorpio.

Saturn in Leo is disposited by the Sun in Scorpio, which is disposited by Mars in Scorpio.

Mercury/Pluto in Libra are disposited by Venus in Sagittarius, which is disposited by Jupiter in Taurus, which is disposited by Venus in Sagittarius... (mutual reception)

Venus/Neptune/Pluto in Sagittarius are disposited by Jupiter in Taurus which is disposited by Venus in Sagittarius... (mutual reception)

Finally, Saturn--although weak by sign placement--aspects almost every planet in your natal chart. This gives it tremendous influence.

Arian Maverick

Last edited:

antares_reborn

thanks for the reply...does it rule the stellium because its at home in scorpio?....i must admit, i've never found much info on stelliums other than 3 or 4 planets conjunct in a sign or house.
I'm not with you on the jupiter/ venus thing....do you mean because jupiter rules sag and venus is in sag?