Jupiter Conjunct Vertex

kolani

What could transiting Jupiter conjunct the natal vertex signify and what are the various ways it could manifest in one's life?

I have an important professional meeting happening when Jupiter in Pisces will conjunct my natal Vertex in Pisces in the 6th house. My chart is attached.

Thank you!

Attachments

• me.jpg
    me.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 58
Vertex is more usually used in synastry, so don't expect much if anything to happen. You can always ask a horary question for this important business meeting in their GL

kolani

Thanks for the reply- I don't know much about Horay but will check it out- as it truns out- the business partner/financier of my potential new empolyer, has their ascendant exactly conjunct my vertex...the person is quite well known (that's how I was able to look it up:) -and yes, her saturn happens to be conjunct my mercury and midheaven- my venus is also exactly on the cusp of her fifth house- gee- am I an astrology geek or what!

I'm a dancer who is in the fitness industry- looking for high profile clients (which this person is) to help create a bridge to transtion deeper into dance, etc. the dance muse asteroid "terpsichore"? is right on my venus-

Her venus in Leo is also conjunct my Mars is Leo (12 house) about a 4 degree orb...

is it just me or is there some astrological trainer/client potential here?

Thanks!

K

antares_reborn

The vertex, is important in natal charts/progressed charts.It makes up another fated axis...so there are now 6 angles/3 axis....M.C/I.C ..A.C/D.C AND VERTEX/ANTI-VERTEX...there has only so far been limited studies on transiting planets. With the smaller, faster planets any influence would be brief, Jupiter should last abit longer.
Theres a great book, i'm reading on the vertex .."THE VERTEX: THE THIRD ANGLE "...got it from amazon.
What matters first is the sign/house placement of the vertex...these are the areas you'll find yourself in.....i.e virgo is to do with providing service/ aries is to do with picking up the reigns of leadership etc....these can be read the same as in natal astrology.
Jupiter is all about good luck and success....so whilst its conjunct the vertex, depending on the house/sign of the vertex, these are the areas that should go well....so areas to do with pisces...and areas covered by the 6th house...which of course includes work !
Also, it could be to do with jupiter/sag areas..i.e, travel, sports, religion, etc, etc....either way...its an excellent aspect, but id concentrate more on secondary progressed charts as the influences shown will be for much longer.

<http://www.azastrologers.org/Articles/ReyerVertex.pdf>

Last edited:

kolani

Thanks for the article and info on the vertex book!!!
I checked out some portions of "The Vertex, The Third Angle" and was awed by the solar return section...as I realized, if I'm correct- for my 2010 solar return - my Vertex will conjunct my natal Cancer Sun, Moon(exact conjunction) and Venus as well as square my natal Pluto-it's as if the vertex is 'mirroring' my natal aspects...so according to the author , these aspects have proven to be life changing aspects... attached is the solar return...am I right on this? If so, what might kind of changes might I expect for my new solar return year?

K

Attachments

• solar return, vertex 2010.jpg
    solar return, vertex 2010.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 41

antares_reborn

Hi there, obviously, solar return is for the themes of that year. So the vertex placement in solar return chart is about fated themes that should come to fruition in that year.Personally, i think progressed charts are better and thats what i focus on. But, we see:
the vertex has moved into cancer:
deal with the public or public interest.
handle the emotional factor in situations
Learn to deal with women and public figures.
with a cancer vertex there is a need to be at home, but for many there is a need to be away from home. Some go to college or travel for their business/work.Some get into nurturing roles for their family or careers.Patriotism, Protectiveness are stronger than before.Real estate transactions may be made.Parents or ones role as a parent becomes important. An emotional time for family matters.
In the 8th house, themes of transformation, death, money, inheritences,etc.
n.sun conjunct vertex self esteem issues,strong male figure maybe involved. Promotions or career changes possible. Start to feel more important about ones place and recover quickly from any possible illness.

[overly long quote of text against forum rules - Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:

antares_reborn

forum rules?...how come?....thats not right, that took me a while to do, are you limited to the amount of text in private messages.?....i'm not doing it all again for nothing !

I have pluto crossing over my antivertex (started a year ago, occuring 5 times, oh boy!), and I've had to deal with the overwhleming feeling of things being "fated". I found it was most active during the first two times it went exact (right around pluto going retrograde, so they were only a month apart). The third passed without incidence; the 4th and 5th will be like the first two, but around the next pluto direct. Anyways, the vertex angle is all about fate. How exactly that will manifest will depend on the sign, house, and planet involved, which for you is Pisces/6th/jupiter. You say you're a dancer, eh? Pretty interesting, considering Pisces rules anything to do with feet, including dancing (way to manifest your chart!). Jupiter, more than being about good luck or success, is about expansion and optimism; the key is to expand in the right ways and be optimistic without being unrealistic. This aspect could cause you to feel like all the good stuff happening with your career is "meant to be". Just make sure you're not so focused on it being "meant to be" that you forget that actual work has to be done!

Vertex
"Those who use the Vertex generally feel it is a point of karmic or fated connection. Some consider it a point of "wish fulfillment". It is perhaps most widely used in synastry. The Vertex is said to be activated at major turning points in our lives, most notably when we meet a significant other or end a significant relationship, and some believe it is triggered when there is a birth or death"
http://www.cafeastrology.com/vertex.html
http://www.falconastrology.com/vertex.htm

JUPITERASC

What could transiting Jupiter conjunct the natal vertex signify and what are the various ways it could manifest in one's life?
I have an important professional meeting happening when Jupiter in Pisces will conjunct my natal Vertex in Pisces in the 6th house. My chart is attached.
Thank you!

QUOTE: The vertex, a sensitive point linked to fateful encounters, seemingly sudden epiphanies, turning points in life and a destiny over which we have no control can synchronize with an experience of another whose effect registers as some degree of profound or extraordinary inner and outer events corresponding to a pivotal point, significant encounter with another or a sudden change of perception. The magnitude of the effect depends on its relationship to other factors in the chart and the occurrence of other transits, commensurate or disparate.

When one person's inner planets or asteroids (Sun through to Jupiter), angles, nodes, vertex or certain Arabic parts conjunct the vertex, there can be a feeling of fate, destiny, rightness or wrongness about the encounter. Something in the contact with that person may have the ability to create profound change in the native, over a long or short period of time.
http://www.falconastrology.com/vertex.htm :smile:

forum rules regarding copyright and plagarism

Copyright

This forum shall not be a place facilitating copyright infringement, since that obviously goes against our main objective, which is to promote astrology. Indeed, we cannot promote astrology, if we undermine the mechanism intended to ensure that authors publishing on astrology benefit from their hard work, which puts at risk the publications of new books on astrology. Such undermining of the rights of these authors will not be tolerated on the forum, and members are asked to assist the moderators in this by reporting any posts that break this rule.

In order to respect copyright laws, members must not paste in their posts texts copied from other websites or other publications that are over 100 words long each.

A maximum of 3 such quotes is accepted per post.Each quote will be indicated in some way, such as placed between quotation marks,
between the tags
copyrighted text or in some other way indicating that this is copied text. The source should be properly mentioned:
book or magazine author and title, name of magazine, ideally also additional publication data. If the text is publicly available online, a link to the source should be given.

Plagiarism, defined as copying one's work and passing it off as one's own, is not accepted. Material in the public domain (that either was never copyrighted, either the copyright has expired) has to be appropriately cited also.
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/faq.php

Zid2203

RS:2023

Hello, I have tried to find information about these positions for this year, but I can't find it. Could someone give me their opinion specifically about what will happen in my house 11-5
Well, I have vertex Aries conjunct Jupiter in my 11th house, [jupiter is the ruler of my 7th house] Opposite my natal moon in Libra in 5th house. Nearby is my north node conjunct the ruler of my ascendant in gemini making a conjunction to my natal Mercury in Taurus.
There is someone I'm dating (I met him on August 21, 2022 [in his country], and I felt that he was interested in me since October 25, and me since December 12, I have jounarls hehe ), I would like to know if it is one of my obsessions or is there a slight possibility that there is a relationship between us?

ScorpioMaria

RS:2023

Hello, I have tried to find information about these positions for this year, but I can't find it. Could someone give me their opinion specifically about what will happen in my house 11-5
Well, I have vertex Aries conjunct Jupiter in my 11th house, [jupiter is the ruler of my 7th house] Opposite my natal moon in Libra in 5th house. Nearby is my north node conjunct the ruler of my ascendant in gemini making a conjunction to my natal Mercury in Taurus.
There is someone I'm dating (I met him on August 21, 2022 [in his country], and I felt that he was interested in me since October 25, and me since December 12, I have jounarls hehe ), I would like to know if it is one of my obsessions or is there a slight possibility that there is a relationship between us?
Hello! :geek:

Start a new thread in Read My Chart, with a clearer image of the synastry (I cannot see detail very well),

maybe from astro-seek.com (with the Aspect Tables) or astro.com