Can a death of parent be predicted in chart?

rip018

Hi!
I have just come across your excellent website and was very interested at an old post about predicting deaths with a transit. I am only a novice in astrology and am still grieving over the death of my mother at 8.41AM June 14 2009 (UK time) The year before I had gone to a well known astrolger in England and she said how good everything was in my chart (LOL!) She did not see my mother's death, my money worries, home worry (I could still lose it) and unemployment. I am beginning to think Job had it easy. Could some one please look at my chart and see if my mother's death could have been forseen? Her birthdate was 18.06.1929.time of birth 11.00AM London UK. I have uploaded my chart and hope it can be seen. Thank you all so much.

Attachments

• Caz chart.jpg
    Caz chart.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 141

BobZemco

A natal chart with progressions is insufficient. I generally use a Solar Return, plus transits to progressed, transits to natal, and then Solar Arcs for confirmation.

As far as your financial troubles, that probably started when transiting Pluto made a semi-sextile to your natal Saturn which rules your 2nd House. Pluto has gone retrograde and direct over that area and is currently at 4 Cap retrograding back over again. As Pluto transits your 2nd House, your problems will probably worsen, especially since Pluto will conjunct your natal Mars which rules your 4th House (your Home).

dr. farr

Top-notch, highly advanced astrological adepts MIGHT be able to make such death predictions with a degree of reliability, IF they had any motivation to do so; for those of us who have not yet reached the level of adeptship, in my opinion the answer is a definite NO; for an intelligent modern discussion of this topic, from a man who did reach such a level of astrological adeptship, see Charles Carter's "Astrology of Accidents".

Courtney Love

I'm pretty much a novice, but I agree with what Bob said: it's the Solar Return chart you want to look at.

in the middle of february I looked at a friend's SR for June 1st and saw SR Saturn conjunct her natal pluto in the 8th house. It looked to me like a powerful (pluto) loss (saturn) of life (8th house). I told her I thought her father would die (he had a degenerative disease but I was unaware of the status) and she of course was all "I hope not" but surprisingly less than 2 weeks later he died. Her SR wouldn't happen for almost 3 months, but clearly the effects were already displaying themselves. Her chart, her small daughters' charts, and her mother's charts ALL had saturn in the 8th house, so it was clearly an important family death, especially since my friend's Husband's chart showed no 8th house activity.

I looked at my mom's chart and a friend's chart, and the years their mothers (1990 & 2009) died they had Saturn in the 8th. I'd start looking there, using the actual location of the SR at the time.

dr. farr

One thing I have noticed over and over again, relative to SR's (not talking about death prediction here) is that their effects begin previous to the actual time of the SR occurrence; I have become so convinced of this that for the past several years I always look at the oncoming SR (rather than the current SR) if the oncoming SR is 6 months (or less) away-and I have never been disappointed in doing so.

Courtney Love

I have read that 3 months before the SR happens that you begin to feel the effects, and I too believe it.

Back in 2002 when I would (unknowingly) have Saturn in the 6th, with the ruler of the 6th in the 12th, I developed Rheumatoid arthritis, but I didn't know it at the time, i just know that 1 months and 10 days before my SR, I woke up feeling like I'd been hit by a mac truck. it starts early, I so believe that as well.

BobZemco

I looked at my mom's chart and a friend's chart, and the years their mothers (1990 & 2009) died they had Saturn in the 8th. I'd start looking there, using the actual location of the SR at the time.

Look at the Lunar Returns as well, especially for timing.

My grandfather's 10th House came to my Ascendant on that Lunar Return. The ruler Mars (at 19 Scorpio the Cursed Degree in his 9th) is square Uranus ruling his 12th House and transits and perfects the conjunction to the Ascendant (his 10th House Cusp) about 1 hour before he died. In the LR Chart, Neptune, which co-rules my 4th/his 1st was Combust, while the LR Sun (ruling his 6th) transits to square Saturn (20' of arc), which rules his 12th House (my 3rd) with Neptune. LR Jupiter was also in Gemini (Fall) conjunct his 4th House Cusp (my 7th), while his 8th House ruler Venus was in his 1st House (in aspect with Saturn).

That's the trifecta: 4th, 8th, 9th and 12th Houses activated.

Transits, progressions, Solar Arcs, Solar Returns and Lunar Returns are no different than Horary. When the 8th House ruler for your mother, your father, the cat, the dog, the rat, the frog or anyone else comes to their 1st House (or conjuncts the Ascendant in the case of Solar Arc Charts), you need to have a look/see what's going on.

I left the US in 1998, and I came back October 2000 to have surgery at the VA Hospital and then spent the rest of the year in Sarasota and left in January. He died 6 weeks later and I'd have felt real guilty if I hadn't been able to spend some quality time.

astro09

Death prediction is a delicate and sensitive subject for the native. If you feel the conditions to make statements have been met, then you carefully proceed.

Progressions, transits and eclipses/full moon on our charts provide good clues. You may work with Horary charts with that specific question. However, you need to be very cautious and is preferable to use other techniques (progression, transits, eclipse...) to confirm it. Again, this is a subject that only under special circumstances should be addressed.

Artemisdaughter

I think death is easy to see in the chart after the event-but people rightly stay away from making the connection because even if you feel it intuitively when looking at a chart you can cause much heart ache even if your right as it can't necessarily be changed. I am so sorry for your loss and also your misfortune I believe 70% of our stuff is in our natal the other 30% is in returns, transits and progressions. When judging a reading see if the information given is right rather then what is missed she may still have provided sage guidance. I tend to look for negative things in charts while many astrologers only focus on positives both present imbalanced views.

Firstly, for a proper evaluation you should consider posting your chart with progressions and transits on same wheel found in extended chart selection. Reduce the ratio of orbs to 80%, select smallest image size 63% on picture,then choose house system (my personal preference is for Equal house rather than the default of placidus), right mouse click and select 'save target pic as' and save to hard drive then upload here
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24043
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24042

the above threads are 'how to' get, select and post the correct charts.

I would like to see your chart the day your mother passed, last year with progressions and transits. I personally don't think there is a 'signature or formula' to predict things like this or marriage or childbirth even. I know horary astrologers seem convinced they can interpret anything from those charts.

When my father died in 1997, T Pluto conj my MC it was the retrograde hit to the day. Same time T Pluto was conj my mother's sun sign. You could get all sorts of viewpoints, ideas from members, but there simply is NOT a *certain transits, progression OR solar arcs* that will 100% say --- that's it... and to me that's how it should be.

rip018

Thank you all so much for replying and for your deep thoughtful replies. Bobzemco, I'm afraid your reply has depressed me greatly. If I lose my home, then basically I have nothing left, all my family are dead. All my memories are here. There is really no point in going on. I am at rock bottom now. Thank you all again.

Courtney Love

Thank you all so much for replying and for your deep thoughtful replies. Bobzemco, I'm afraid your reply has depressed me greatly. If I lose my home, then basically I have nothing left, all my family are dead. All my memories are here. There is really no point in going on. I am at rock bottom now. Thank you all again.

A house is just a thing, its your memories that make it seem like it would be such a loss, but believe me, it will get better. Do not allow yourself to feel hopeless, you have to remember and believe that you truly have the power to make anything happen for yourself, and keep trying. It's tough right now for everyone, don't ditch away for a temporary bad time...

rip018

Courtney Love
Thank you for your words of encouragement. I understand what you say but believe me there is nowhere for me to go. I can only pray, believe that things will get better and I want lose my home, but there seems to be so many bad aspects in my chart at the moment just grinding me down. It is so hard to keep positive. But thank you again so much.

dr. farr

(Following is not in accordance with generally accepted astrological delineation)
(Following is based upon whole sign format)

By Pauline profection, your chart has, this year, profected back to its original (natal) positions: by this profection the lord of this year of your life is the benefic Jupiter (ruler of natal rising sign), and the lord of your 4th house (ruling, among other things, your home) is under Pisces (a fertile sign) and ruled also by Jupiter. Relative to this profection I do not see negative influences relative to your home (your house)

By whole sign, Pisces (not Aries) is the sign on the 4th natal house; thus Jupiter (not Mars) disposits your natal 4th house (and thus your home); by simple symbolic progression (1 year = 1 degree) the fixative Saturn is in the middle of Pisces in your natal 4th house, and the vivyfying Sun has entered this same house, as the benefic Venus just has. To my way of delineating, no loss of home is indicated either by this type of progression, nor by the Pauline profection method mentioned above.
Regarding Saturn, by Culpepper and others Saturn rules the memory, and memories; Saturn posited in the 4th, disposited by the benefic Jupiter (ruler of Pisces and the 4th house-also the dispositor of your natal ascendant), tells me that during this progressed time (and for about 15 years beyond-Saturn has about that far to go before exiting Pisces, by progression) your center of memories (4th house = property land, houses) will remain intact for, and with, you.

Last edited:

Natasha

Western astrology does not seem to predict death of a family member.
You are currently (in 2010) not having major hard action transits involving the the outers.
You are having saturn trine saturn and uranus quincunc uranus - life cycle transits
I feel that your in the early stages of looking and re-evaluating your life choices.
THis can occur when we have cycle transits.
We can feel down & disallusioned and even negative when we are at this stage and about to make some changes to move our life to the next positive stage
The quincxunx can feel stressful but it asks us to make an adjustment -
The trine gives us energies which can work in harmone
Neither cause events to occur
I feel these cyclin transits are triggering a stage growth for you and there is an opportunity for you to make adjustments and take advantage of opportunities to turn things around.
Uranus transits tend to be about letting pass what is no longer relevant and its usually at an inner level. Saturn asks us to do the hard work to get to success & he will reward us for putting in the effort.
With Saturn cycle transits we pick up what happened at the last Saturn cycle transits ie 7 years ago. I would look back to then to see what it is.
I feel the outlook for you can be potentailly positive
Just one more thing - I have noticed that some with a packed 2nd house have the challange to take charge and take hold of responsibilities and work them thru.
These transits can help and assist your hard work to call for action.
I am sorry to hear of the loss of your mother. My mother died 2 years ago and there is much internal processing with the loss and grieving good luck

Last edited:

rip018

dr Farr
Thank you so much for your positive words. My spirit has been lifted so much! I have taken on board what you say about my 4th house ruler. Thank you again
Natasha
Very interesting what you say about cycle transits. Believe me, if any opportunities come my way I will grab them with both hands! Seven years ago I started a course of further education which I enjoyed very much. Thank you for your condolence, please accept mine for your loss. I don't know when the grieving will stop. I miss my mother so much.
Once again dr Farr and Natasha so very many thanks to you both for taking the trouble to post replies.