the TRUE purpose of the planets according to Edgar Cayce

A

Anonymous

Edgar Cayce (www.near-death.com)

According to Cayce's revelations, our experience relates more to the entire solar system and not just three-dimensional life on earth. Cayce stated that each solar system is like a university with many dimensions of learning available and through which we must travel. Our solar system has nine planets which are physical representations of nine afterlife realms of which earth represents the third.

The afterlife realms are associated with the planets of our solar system. This does not mean souls actually live on the surface of planets as we do on earth, but rather, souls live in fourth and fifth level afterlife realms represented physically by the planets.

[copied material removed. copyright breach. All is available in the link above. Moderator.]

Last edited by a moderator:
A

Anonymous

Check this one out:

http://members.aol.com/Eutopia9/cayce.htm

The planets are vibratory centers that correspond to music, tones and color in a vast and orderly universe. We are aware of them in our consciousness, much like recollections of our experiences or lessons in our memories. It is to be remembered, Mr. Cayce said, that our individual wills are more important than the influences of the stars. Nevertheless, we are influenced. It is necessary to pass through "the eight vibrations [dimensions]" as stages in development to unite with the Creator. The following is a brief description of the planets and some of their effects. Be prepared for a few surprises!

Mercury is associated with high mental abilities. A mercurial soul is a gifted soul and needs to watch for self-aggrandizement or his abilities will be merely stumbling stones upon his path. Mercury brings understanding, specifically the understanding of the other spheres.
Mercury is connected to the pineal gland and the color indigo.

Venus is indeed the planet of love. Sympathy, the alleviating of hardships, the seeking of love, beauty and song are some Venusian influences. Beauty, either natural or man-made, will move these individuals; furthermore, there is a desire to beautify the home. There is a strong attraction to the opposite sex.
Venus is associated with the thymus and the color green.

Mars may bring with it anger, impulsiveness, and a temper. Accidents may occur. Action and activity preclude any inclination to laziness. Stubbornness needs to be handled with patience and self-control. This entity may have an exalted opinion of himself, which is not necessarily bad. Mars is courageous.
Mars is connected with the adrenals and the color yellow.

Jupiter confers universality and ennoblement, turning one's attention to large groups of people or nations. It is expansive and may bless one with wealth, which includes a wealth of friends, a broad-mindedness, and the ability to consider others. Grand ideas and notions!
Jupiter is associated with the pituitary and the color violet.

Saturn is the big surprise. Far from indicating obstacles and restrictions, it represents changes! These may be sudden or violent changes and represent testing periods of endurance and patience. Projects and associations are started, but follow-through may be a problem! Saturnians need to learn persistence, says Cayce! A soul "banishes itself" to Saturn to begin anew, probably because the entity became stuck or fixed in some way. From here the entity was sent to Uranus, presumably to rebuild the will to make better future choices.
Saturn is connected to the gonads and the color red!

Uranus is the planet of extremes--and of the extremist! It gives an interest in the occult and psychic phenomena. "Moods and wonderments," says Cayce, "...when the entity is good, he can be very, very good, but when he is bad, he can be awful." A Uranian has times of smoothness and other times when "everything goes awry;" also, periods of ecstasy and depression. Thus, one's will and one's overall decisions to follow a path are important.
Uranus is associated with the thyroid and the color blue.

Neptune is the mystic planet. Neptune gives the urges to seek the unusual, the mystical, the "unseen" forces around us. Neptunians are drawn to water. They seem peculiar to others and are many times misunderstood. A love of mysteries can indeed be spiritual, but it can also be "of the sleuth or detective nature." Watch for confusion and hero worship! This is a good, kind soul who could positively affect others.
Neptune is connected to the reproductive cells of Leydig and the color orange.

Pluto was discussed by Cayce years before it was discovered! He had referred to Vulcan as well as to Septimus, the seventh planet from the earth. When Pluto was discovered, Cayce affirmed that Vulcan, or Septimus, was the same planet. Regeneration and a growth in consciousness is indicated, but an affliction brings self-centeredness. Beware of wrath and grudges, warned the sleeping Cayce, "stay attuned to the love force." Pluto represents spiritual growth and development of the soul and its influence is just now developing in the destiny of humanity.

I have found Cayces work to be interesting, and yet the other views of psychics, don't always match. I was reading Sylvia Brown recently and I loved her take on the "Temple of Charts" because it does indeed relate to the work astrologers are doing down here.

Source of quote used:

Sylvia Brown believes her ability to communicate with the dead comes from God and genes; her grandmother and her son also have psychic ability. She was born and raised in Missouri and says her abilities first surfaced at age three. Sylvia believes in reincarnation and says that we all purposefully chart our lives before we undertake them. She says that with God's help, she assists folks in accessing the information on these "charts" and helps them achieve their goals. She believes she is a tool of God to help Him give the living the answers they seek...

[deleted overly-long quote against forum rules - Moderator]
I am into all this at the moment, I go through phases. When she uses the words charts in her book, I assume Natal Charts, mainly because she has written a book on Astrology. For her involvement with Astrology and being a psychic I can relate to her work more. The Cayce readings are interesting I was recently reading them again through another book I was reading on reincarnation and Karma - by Penny Thorten and apparently the soul submerges itself into the Moons "consciousness" experiencing in an emotional and intellectual sense, our actions towards others. This was according Steiner and he doesn't isolate the spheres and all the planetary spheres are interrelated (form angles) The combined influence is brought down upon us. Sun-Saturn, Moon-Uranus etc. I like Sylvia's view that we are all being recorded right now, so I guess it means be mindful of our thoughts and actions because nothing goes unseen.

Last edited by a moderator:

lilllybelle

Cayce said that you could tell which planet your soul had dwelled on in between your last incarnation and your current one by observing which planet makes the tightest applied conjunction to the MC in your natal chart.

AquariusT

Cayce said that you could tell which planet your soul had dwelled on in between your last incarnation and your current one by observing which planet makes the tightest applied conjunction to the MC in your natal chart.

Mercury is associated with high mental abilities. A mercurial soul is a gifted soul and needs to watch for self-aggrandizement or his abilities will be merely stumbling stones upon his path. Mercury brings understanding, specifically the understanding of the other spheres.
Mercury is connected to the pineal gland and the color indigo.

Hmm..well Mercury is right up there in my MC. I must admit my connection/communication with others,the universe, the afterlife, animals..etc. has always been strong.

lilllybelle

Mercury is the planet making the tighest applied conjuction to my MC for me as well. This makes a lot of sense for me because I've had a lot of mercurian type issues, and my chart is heavily influenced by mercury.
I remember feeling so relieved when I realized that I hadn't made a pit stop on saturn in between my last life and this one. Cayce's description of saturn sounded like pure hell.

I will have to look at my chart for this, very interesting :smile:.

AquaScorpio

"Neptune is the mystic planet. Neptune gives the urges to seek the unusual, the mystical, the "unseen" forces around us. Neptunians are drawn to water. They seem peculiar to others and are many times misunderstood. A love of mysteries can indeed be spiritual, but it can also be "of the sleuth or detective nature." Watch for confusion and hero worship! This is a good, kind soul who could positively affect others.
Neptune is connected to the reproductive cells of Leydig and the color orange."

Neptune is the only thing near my MC, but it is a good 12 degrees away from it. This is very accurate, despite me not having strong Neptunian or Piscean influences in my chart. I am very drawn to the unusual or mystical things in life but also to science and such. It's strange that this description also describes my chart. Having Aquarius and Scorpio as the two major influences in my chart (they rule 7 of my planets) would go along with this description, especially the "love of spiritual mysteries" part. I would also say I'm a good, kind soul who brings positive energy to those around me, if only I could save some for myself =p

Thanks for the article, whoever you are.

I am listening to Cayce readings on Astrology at the moment, he said my Saturn is a powerful mark of a Scientist, I never knew I was so matter of fact, I am Neptune too, with Uranian vibes in 3rd. Jupiter is nearer my M.C in 11th. Cayce believes in free will astrology. As I am listening there is a very nice reading on Saturn and the Mythical God Chronus and his ruling of time and he rules Chron-ology.

lilllybelle

I would like to emphasize that Cayce was talking about an applying conjunction not a seperating conjunction and that he didn't use any type of orb.

AquaScorpio

I would like to emphasize that Cayce was talking about an applying conjunction not a seperating conjunction and that he didn't use any type of orb.

How do you determine applying and seperating? I've heard it before but never knew what it meant. I would assume it's like when the two objects or planets or whatever are moving to each other or away from each other?

athan

How do you determine applying and seperating? I've heard it before but never knew what it meant. I would assume it's like when the two objects or planets or whatever are moving to each other or away from each other?

You are right AquaScorpio.
For instance Moon 10deg Taurus and Sun 13deg Virgo is an applying trine while Moon 15deg Taurus and Sun 13deg Virgo is a separating trine :happy:

lilllybelle

Athan summed that one up pretty well. The only thing I would add is that it is the relationship of the faster moving planet to the slower moving planet that defines it as an applying or seperating aspect. For example, the moon is faster than the sun, so we would look at whether the moon is moving towards making an exact aspect to the sun or whether it has already made the exact aspect and is seperating. It's basically what Athan said.

Ekim86

Is there anything about the moon being the closest applying aspect to the MC? My moon isn't very far from it.

vanila

I have my Saturn conjunct MC at 3.23 degree...I have always felt this permanent restriction ....but I realize it now when I'm older and start studying ASTROLOGY...:biggrin:

lilllybelle

The main idea that Edgar Cayce was trying to put forth was planetary sojourns. You may or may not have a personality association with the planet you visited. I think the best thing to do would be to read some of Edgar Cayce's work on the subject. You'll understand the idea better if you read it for yourself. Plus, most of Cayce's work is very enjoyable to read!

lilllybelle

Though Cayce did write a lot of material about past lives, in the particular example I gave, he was talking where your soul goes in between lives.

Siinda

I don't see how that would work with mine all my palents are in the opposite quarter pretty much. Otherwise I'm using a bad chart with bad notation.

Feel free to check and see if I'm wrong...(Beginner Botches reading again :p )

Attachments

• Chart1.jpg
    Chart1.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 38