Is my moon trine to Jupiter

cronu4

If I am wrong pleas correct me, but I see that my Moon is trine to my Jupiter
what could it mean in bad or a good way?:eek:

starlink

Hi Cronu, the Moon indeed exactly trines Jupiter in your 6th house. This can show a tendency to weight increase. Moon is food, Jupiter expands, so you could like the good life. It also shows optimism and a cheerful attitude.
Cheers, Starlink

Claire19

cronu4 said:
If I am wrong pleas correct me, but I see that my Moon is trine to my Jupiter
what could it mean in bad or a good way?:eek:

It is a fortunate aspect and connects with your 6th house of everyday work and health and your 10th house of career and public image. It is a good aspect for health and emotional well being. Where Jupiter has influence is where we have opportunity and luck. You would do well with literature, the arts, printing and publishing, perhaps and older women or mother figures would be beneficial in this way. You would be a good communicator and have an optimism that brings you opportunity. Jupiter is the big benefactor and protector. Selling beauty products, writing articles, song writing, working for fashion magazines. You strive for fairness and harmony and can act as mediator. Can be some legal contracts which are important in your work life. Your mother may have been the authority or main breadwinner in the family.

Alstroemeria

I have this aspect too; my Jupiter is also in detriment (in Virgo) and my moon is in a Venus-ruled sign (exalted in Taurus).

You probably do enjoy the good life. Maybe you are a little more restrained in your eating habits though, looking at other factors in your chart.

I'm not sure what to make of the hard aspects to your moon but I was thinking that with the Moon so close to your MC and trine Jupiter you might be well-known; at least, generally well-liked.

Claire19

Jupiter is in detriment in Gemini as polar opposite to Sagittarius, its natural home. Although they are linked as the communications sign, print and publishing signs Gemini pertains to local, everyday communications contacts, peer groups whilst Sagittarius pertains to foreign, distant, global communications and contacts.

i.e. Gemini Mercury prints and Sagittarius Jupiter publishes. Jupiter is in its fall perhaps in Virgo. I dont really take too much notice of this kind of thing as the aspects can sometimes ameliorate all that, strengthnen and weaken.

:)

Pallas-trine-Mars

Yup, that's a trine alright, a nice airy one and no trine to Jupiter is ever bad (actually, there's some good in every aspect Jupiter makes!) It's in detriment and out of sect (as is the Sun), but received by Mercury it's lord who dignified by domicile and free of sect (though triplicity ruler of these 3 Saturn is dignified but out of sect, his exaltation ruler is in fall, but dignified by triplicity [supposedly, I somewhat disputed this on another thread] arguable in sect or out). Just some traditional astrology mumbo-jumbo!

wilsontc said:
Jupiter is in detriment in Gemini, not Virgo.

Jupiterially,

Tim
It's understandable how Jupiter could be in detriment in either sign and yet it's also arguable that Jupiter isn't debilitated in either. In Gemini Jupiter is said to be opposed to his day sign, but actually Gemini and Jupiter share the same humour, hot and wet, and are both airy in nature. There Jupiter expands the minds, which is good, but he loses his religious nature to some degree.

Jupiter IS indeed in detriment in Virgo according to tradition, but one branch of modern astrology, Hierarchal rulerships, actually states that Virgo is Jupiter's home sign! This works as both are moralistic and helpful. Still traditional astrologers say that Jupiter there often indicates few children because Virgo is often described of as a barren sign which makes since considering how prone the sign is to isolation and sparcity; this conflicts with Jupiter's love of abundance (I wonder if Virgo and Gemini were called "barren" specifically because of how they oppose Jupiter). Also, there it seems like Jupiter loses much of his freedom to the rules.

Claire19 said:
Jupiter is in its fall perhaps in Virgo.
Wrong, Jupiter is in fall in Capricorn, and when you consider the ruler Saturn it makes total sense. Jupiter likes to expand, but Saturn contracts. Jupiter needs freedom, but Saturn creates obligations. Jupiter needs faith, but Saturn causes pessimism and gloom. Saturn is cold, dry and barren whereas Jupiter is warm, moist and fruitful. Jupiter wants to learn, Capricorn wants to work. Capricorn is also the exaltation of Mars, planet of war which is no help to Jupiter. Aside from one agreement is that they have, ambition, Jupiter is totally shut out in Capricorn. How could Virgo be worse for Jupiter than Capricorn?

Last edited:

Pallas-trine-Mars

I think to determine that we look at your 5th house cusp and it's ruler, the traditional one for yours using the Placidus system being Venus, and it's in the 7th house (which is it's own house!) and in the fruitful sign Cancer! Even when we use equal-house, we find still find the 5th ruler in Cancer! So from this it could mean good fertility (though the conjunction with Chiron might cause some trouble, perhaps with relationships, though I sort of wish Astro wouldn't push Chiron on us).

The Sun, Moon and Jupiter also involve children to lesser extents. Gemini is considered a barren sign, but the conjunction with Jupiter might help (though as I mentioned it's a little debilitated). The Moon in Libra is fair, doesn't indicate too many or too few children.

Considering that Mercury is in your 5th house, I wonder if your children will be really talkative, academic or sneaky.

I'm part of the Pluto in Scorpio generation too, I wonder how good it is for fertility..

cronu4

Does it say how I can imporve to havegood relationships with guys, or if I am ever going to have relationships with guys

starlink

Hi Cronu, what do you think of your chart yourself?

You are all the time asking questions but I would also very much like to see what your own opinion is. How would you interprete the Venus-Uranus (wide) opposition and the Venus-Neptune and Venus-Saturn opposition? What are your own experiences so far?

Transiting Pluto is conjunct your Uranus right now and will go over that stellium of yours in your 1st house. He will oppose Venus in your 7th. Could you please tell us what you think about these aspects and that transit?

It does not matter if you make a mistake, others will correct you. It is the only way to learn astrology. Everybody in this forum is expected, at least a little bit, to participate,give an opinion or make a remark, not only ask and expect others to answer.

I do hope you understand. I would very much like to help you but you should also try your hand at some interpretation.

Starlink

aquarius7000

Re: Jupiter detriment, to Alstro

wilsontc said:
Jupiter is in detriment in Gemini, not Virgo.
Please correct me if this is a misconception in my head, but isn't Jupiter in detriment in Virgo, too, as Virgo lies opposite Pisces, which Jupiter traditionally rules?

:confused: aquarius7000

starlink

Re: Jupiter detriment, to Alstro

According to the Ptolemeic table of essential dignities, Jupiter is in detriment in Gemini and in Virgo both!! And in fall in Capricorn. I have the table in front of me. Claire was thinking that perhaps Jupiter was in fall in Virgo, that's why Wilsontc mentioned that Jup was not in fall but in detriment in Gemini:)

Last edited:

cronu4

According to what I see,
My Jupiter is conjuncted to my sun in the 6th house of Vigro, but my Gemini, the sighn that rules the third house of comunication is in the 6th house.
Sorry I am not sure if I am right.

I know that when sun is conjuncted to the Jupiter
it means good luck, success and popularity wihtout any affort. Also the person must be optimistic and adventurous.

I know that when Gemini is in the six house of received work environment and attitudes, health concerns, pet animals also the planet mercury rules the six house. Mercure is the Jupiter meaning Jupiter expands the nimd and increases versatility. Daily routines can turn into great adventures. Luckyor optimistic about bmental pursuits.

Sun in the 6th house means ego and perception of self are put into work and organization, health concers, and pet animas. Gives and whant to get the same in return.

I don't know how to put this all togeth in one story.

Pallas-trine-Mars

cronu4 said:
Does it say how I can imporve to havegood relationships with guys, or if I am ever going to have relationships with guys
You're probably very shy considerig your 5th house ruler is in Cancer (plus opposed to Saturn and conjunct Chiron); somehow I can even sense your shyness through the internet.. Work on that, develop some confidence and free yourself a little.

starlink

Hello Cronu, OK, indeed your Jupiter is in the 6th house conjunct your Sun and both are placed in the sign of Gemini. Because your Jupiter rules your Ascendant (Sagittarius is ruled by Jupiter), the 6th house plays an important role in your life, also because you have there the Sun.
Anywhere you have your Sun, is where you like or can express yourself at best.
In the 6th house it shows service to others.
When I look at your Midheaven, I see that it is ruled by Venus and Venus is in the 7th house (the public, the others) in the sign Cancer.
If you put these two things together, 6th house and 10th house, then you could come to the conclusion that you would like to express yourself in a career where you can take care of and serve other people. This you often find in the healthcare, like being a nurse. You also must like small animals a lot.

Mercury is very strong in his own sign Gemini and placed in the 5th house. You could be good with your hands and maybe giving massages could be a part of helping others. Also your Moon who conjuncts (ingoing) your MC trines that Jupiter/Sun conjunction.

But what about your "guys" question? As you can see, Neptune and Saturn both oppose Venus exactly, and Uranus also opposes it with a much wider orb. These are very difficult aspects for relationships I'm afraid.
Saturn and Uranus both keep Venus at a distance, in other words, you dont want to let other people come to close to you for fear of (probably) being desillusioned or being misused by them. You must have had your share of desillusions in the past and you have become careful of painful relationships.

Another problem is, that the whole sign of Cancer is intercepted in the 7th house and Venus therefore also. An intercepted Venus has great difficulty to come out and open herself up to others. You could feel emotionally stuck (Venus rules the Moon) and that of course also does not help much when you want to have a pleasant relationship with a man.
Chiron in the 7th underlines all these problems and can show the area (relationships) where you feel the most vulnerable and where you could experience the most pain and desillusions.

The three planets in your first house show different energies which do not really get along with one another. Uranus wants to break out and be different, Saturn, very strong in own sign and in the 1st house (which is in traditional astrology his house) wants the opposite. He puts limitations on you and makes you cautious and serious, notwithstanding the fact that your Ascendant is joyful and optimistic. Neptune causes mental confusion (he rules your 3rd house of communication and you could therefore give the wrong impression to guys. Neptune is caught in the middle between wild Uranus and serious, witholding Saturn, so the guys probably dont know what you want because you give out mixed messages probably. You are probably very romantic and would only like to marry when in love and for no other reason.

You could very well have children because Venus, a fertile sign, rules your 5th house and is placed in another very fertile sign Cancer. But Venus makes a square to the Moon and opposes all those difficult planets. Therefore complications surrounding pregnancies is a possibility here.

Starlink

cronu4

Starlink, I like being usfull to other and myself ofcouse, but I would never want to be a nurse. One of the most interesting servise jobs that I thouth about is being a college advicer. I think that is interesting.

Also your Moon who conjuncts (ingoing) your MC trines that Jupiter/Sun conjunction.
what do u mean by ingoing MC? I don't understand it
Chiron
how does this planet relate to the chart ?

do u mean I might not even have a relationship ?

Pallas-trine-Mars

Considering that your 5th lord is in 7th, I bet you'll have stepchildren someday.

Nice interpretation, Starlink. I noticed these oppositions and the conjunction to Chiron too, but I thought the location in Cancer was challenging enough. Still, Cronu, I always tell new astrologers that they shouldn't get too fatalistic about astrology, I prefer to see the possibilities in a chart and then look at the restrictions as challenges.