Moon in Virgo

tokyo.lights

Sorry to play undertaker but I had to unearth this great thread:biggrin:

Are you Virgo Moons all into health lol. Let me know I have a had a cough for three weeks now, what do you recommend lol. Good reading although again you could just use it for a natal reading. I will have to find Moon in Pisces and see if I click with it.
hehe wouldn't you know it, I decided to become a vegetarian today as another way to promote my inner heath. No meat at all, never liked it anyway and I feel better about it. Definitely health conscious, however I despise exercise. It should be considered torture. Human rights needs to get on that.

In your incarnational past you devoted your life to serving other people and you were strongly influenced by the puritan work/guilt ethic... Another series of past lifetimes which may presently influence you involved being a doctor, nurse, or healer. This carries over a strong interest in health, the science of nutrition and natural methods of healing, or choosing medicine or another of the helping professions as a career.
Veeery interesting, thanks!

byjove

Account Closed
But Who?: ByJove
Confession: Moon in Virgo, 3rd house, Cancer ascendant
Other: Mercury on MC, Mars in Gemini

Yeah I made my first major effort in diet about 2 years ago. I eat eggs and fish but no other meat. I constantly think about getting off the last two, I'd love to make the break for it. I like to do it in stages though, if you make radical changes in one go without some planning, you will shock yourself with the task you undertook. One step at a time!

I once read that Moon in Virgos seek perfection to the point that not only drives people to drink but that we 'have little sympathy for human frailties'. I'm nowhere near as bad as the first part, most of the time, and the second part I do agree. I don't care for giver-uppers. I say aim! Fire! Go! :w00t: None of that 'I tried this in my diet or that and now I've gone back'. I'm a far worse critic in relationships though, if it's bad for you, get out of there. Don't hang in unhelpful relationships, it's your life, bye bye.

I am not always tidy, don't always make the lists I should but I can discriminate well (yes ladies and gents, that's a good one for us to use, not perfectionist or critical but rather 'I can discriminate well' LOL :biggrin:) with words, detail etc. so I adore all of that.

p.s. I was just reading a wonderful post from a member about how the asc. ruler colours the ascendant, sometimes it can be far more emphasised than the ascendant itself, so for those of us with Cancer rising, I think we ought to double our connection from this Moon to the asc.

Go down to member johan's post.

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2718

Last edited:

R4VEN

byjove said:
so for those of us with Cancer rising, I think we ought to double our connection from this Moon to the asc.
byjove that is an excellent point to have made.

My mother (whom I mentioned in the 1st post on this page) I believe had Cancer rising. She was very, very Virgoan. She waged a personal and endless war against `dirt and grime', and also loved to use the word `filthy' to describe the state of the bathroom after one of my brothers had used it. (And for US readers, I mean the bathroom, and not the toilet!) She was a born organiser, which is very unlike her Sagi Sun.

byjove

Account Closed
Ha! Sounds like your mom was Bree Van de Camp from Desperate Housewives! lol About that Cancer rising with Virgo Moon, I think it's more powerful and obvious than we realise. Many people in my family picked out me as having Virgo ascendant.

I think we ought to watch our criticism though. I think it's well placed in activities such as writing and reading but sometimes it's important to go easier on people.

scorpittarian

I've a virgo moon in the 8th & I too believe in following a healthy life style.

As a kid, I just couldn't take any meat( other than chicken nuggets :love:); would vomit food out of disgust. Became a vegetarian at the age of 12 out of compassion & not for health benefits. Never thought of health at that age. Health, hygiene & nutrition were mom's department back then. As years passed, I became more & more health conscious.

I do follow a food time-table :annoyed:(moon in the 8th sextile pluto = obsession), read labels, read articles on nutrition, exercise everyday for 2 hours & go for a monthly 3 days fruit detox. I SOMETIMES try feeding my parents right but then don't fuss over it as they just wouldn't listen. I eat only junk food the day before I start my detox. That's how I keep myself from craving. Moreover, I've this desire of tasting every available meat & cuisine but I just can't get myself to do it.

I couldn't have been a nurse or doctor in a past life because I run when I see medicines. It's an irony that I wanted to become a psychiatrist. :tongue:

byjove

Account Closed
Does anyone else connect with the idea that we're obsessed with perfection? Only in the last couple of years I've really started to notice that there are many situations in which I only hold out for the best (where real personal effort is concerned, needed) and don't accept anything else.

It's amazing how many of us are so concerned with our health. ps. on that note, I keep coming across 'jocks' who all take pills and talk about 'days to go check fat percentage etc. with a friend, we get checked out together' it really shocks me. An Italian once said to me(about cosmetic surgery) "why would you want to do that, the human body is perfect as it was when you were born' and that just sums all of that up perfectly for me.

Hekate

I know three Virgo Moon people and none of them seem to be interested in their health or diet, nor by any way fit that description. Might be other aspects to their Moons overruling this... but they sure are careful and meticulous with their feelings :rolleyes:
I do have a natal Moon Virgo.
I am not concerned a lot about my personal health, but I am doing a job very concerned about the health! It's funny!! :w00t: I am a great smoker (sometimes), eat everything, but for now I am very healthy (maybe it is Pluto in my 1st house).
Cleaning is not my priority. I don't like home works, but when I clean I tend to be too perfectionist. Maybe it is a reason I use to postpone it. :biggrin:

My Moon is conjunct to my Mars (both in Virgo) and in 12th house. Actually, it is a difficult position for my Moon. I lost my mother early (Mars is ruling my 8th house).

scorpittarian

For my Virgo Moon, it isn't as much about perfection as it's about order. My life feels organised if I take care of myself. I feel pampered & loved when I eat right & sleep well. This does affect my outer appearance indeed. If I don't keep tabs on what goes in, I tend to disregard on what shows on the outside. That's when I literally look like a lunatic on the run. And even if I somehow manage to look like a rhododendron, I just can't be content knowing that I've poison inside.

Perfection does come into picture when I see size 0 models & wonder if I should lose a few pounds. But then Virgo is also about health & being size 0 isn't healthy so I kick that idea down the commode & flush it. I'm not into being perfect but I appreciate perfection every time I see it around. I do things for myself more out of interest.

catbebe20

I also have to first apologise by digging up an old post, but I did not want to start a new thread on exactly the same topic. Gosh, it got me really excited reading about people who are so in sync with me. Yes, I am a typical Virgo Moon and all traits posted above are true. Attention to detail, over-analysing, overly-critical, attention to diet, someone mentioned MAKING LISTS! I am extremely messy when living alone, but very neat when sharing with others, but always clean.

I go for unprocessed, organic food when available. Free-range produce, grass-fed beef, sustainable seafood etc. etc. I use baking soda and other less toxic or non-toxic cleaning aids around the house. I enjoy checking out ingredient lists at the supermarket. I get very impatient and annoyed by all the people around me who never bother to know what they are getting haha! For example, why would people who have had 15 years of schooling not know the difference between silk chiffon and synthetic chiffon, and not know that voile can be cotton or synthetic, or the difference between solid wood and fibreboard. It just astounds me.

I dislike people because sometimes they often appear so blissfully ignorant, but I care very deeply for humanity. In fact, my current studies relate to it directly, and I hope in the near future my career will involve healing our ravaged planet.

One last thing, Virgo Moons love cats. I have one, but have rescued and fostered many. I think this love for cats reflects Virgo Moons' love of perfection.

I have Virgo Moon in 10th house conjunct Saturn (in 9th house).

aquarius7000

Hi,

Don't be sorry, Catbebe, for digging up an old thread. Always a valuable treasure to be found in there as we can see.:) Heck that ShiningRay is enjoying life outside of this forum.

As someone above said, it is not just the Moon, but even other sensitive points in Virgo can 'come just as clean' as the Virgo Moon. I have no planet in Virgo, not even one of the outers, but I do have my ever so clumsy and ungrounded (Aqua) Sun and Mer in the Virgo 6th house, close to the DC. Despite my Leo Asc, I can be quite self-critical, and sometimes, I do not spare others, too:p. I do the 'rubbing others the wrong way' though mostly in a humourous way, maybe the Aqua influence rubs off a bit, ha ha:). Though not studied medicine per licence, yet have read a bit, and do pay attention to diet. Esp good at advising others about healthy living. Better preacher there. Also, as someone said above, when alone, I can be quite messy (but hygienic). However, with someone around me, I am quite methodical. Usually, I aspire, even try to be a bit of a perfectionist, and sometimes succeed at feigning the fantasy.

:)AQ7

byjove

Account Closed
I also have to first apologise by digging up an old post, but I did not want to start a new thread on exactly the same topic. Gosh, it got me really excited reading about people who are so in sync with me. Yes, I am a typical Virgo Moon and all traits posted above are true. Attention to detail, over-analysing, overly-critical, attention to diet, someone mentioned MAKING LISTS! I am extremely messy when living alone, but very neat when sharing with others, but always clean.

I go for unprocessed, organic food when available. Free-range produce, grass-fed beef, sustainable seafood etc. etc. I use baking soda and other less toxic or non-toxic cleaning aids around the house. I enjoy checking out ingredient lists at the supermarket. I get very impatient and annoyed by all the people around me who never bother to know what they are getting haha! For example, why would people who have had 15 years of schooling not know the difference between silk chiffon and synthetic chiffon, and not know that voile can be cotton or synthetic, or the difference between solid wood and fibreboard. It just astounds me.

I dislike people because sometimes they often appear so blissfully ignorant, but I care very deeply for humanity. In fact, my current studies relate to it directly, and I hope in the near future my career will involve healing our ravaged planet.

One last thing, Virgo Moons love cats. I have one, but have rescued and fostered many. I think this love for cats reflects Virgo Moons' love of perfection.

I have Virgo Moon in 10th house conjunct Saturn (in 9th house).

Ah ha! :smile: I can identify so much with what you say!

I agree with Aqua7000, I think it's good to use an 'old thread' - it consolidates information and prevents 50 threads of the same topic.

I, like you, differentiate between neat and clean. I'm very clean, but neat only about half the time. It even depends on the setting - work, very tidy, bedroom is 50/50. Shared living spaces, usually very tidy. Why so particular, I don't know.

Everything you said about food - me too! I've finally removed the last two pieces of animals from my died (eggs and fish) and move through the supermarket exactly as you say.

The CAT things...doctors told me when I was a child that I was allergic to cat hair, they ran the tests. But a few years ago, my grandmother died, and my dad brought her cat to come live with us. My allergy detonated, though it was also combined with intense personal stress. After a very long time, my skin calmed down. I couldn't resist petting her - I used to pet her with my hands hidden up my sleeve. That was probably barely useful, but I did it. Before my grandmother got the cat, the cat was ill-treated by a previous owner and *rarely* warmed up to any human. I was one of the lucky few that did. Earlier on this year, the cat passed away of old age. I know that the 6th house naturally rules 'small pets and animals' and I suppose that's connected to Virgo's natural place as the 6th sign, other than that, I don't know the connection.

I wonder can anyone connect with this, especially Cancer rising folk. People have commented from time to time that my emotions are always worn on my face, and sometimes I've been quoted of having an "analytical or critical look, certainly calculating or disagreeing with something". Do any other Virgo moons get told this?

One thing that troubles me with the Virgo influence (please don't all jump on me at once!) is that in my, humble view, I think many 'Virgo traits' are unpopular. I'm afraid of that when dating for example. People have said "overthink things" sometimes.

On the other hand, I am grateful for the sharp eye and reasonable approach, it keeps my Pisces planets accountable. :happy:

Last edited:

mumbo_jumbo

I also have a natal moon in virgo. I also have the diet things in common with those who have reported this. Infact for many a year I have been practically vegan. Not now though. And it feels so much more relaxing to not have to live like that. Yes it sounds obsessive. But I was just trying to find a diet that my body could live with. I have what I presume a bad gut flora. That diet did not work. Eating meat albeit only chicken occasionally keeps my bowls happier.

I am not particularly neat or tidy or clean. But I do like to deliberate decisions looking at it from all angles.

I have been thinking about starting a business but I also have a goldilocks complex where everything has to be just right. The places I find are either to small and the right price or just the right size but way to expensive. I cant find the right place.

You might imagine I would be attracted to Buddhism with its middle way - you'd be right.

catbebe20

...for many a year I have been practically vegan. Not now though. And it feels so much more relaxing to not have to live like that. Yes it sounds obsessive. But I was just trying to find a diet that my body could live with. I have what I presume a bad gut flora. That diet did not work. Eating meat albeit only chicken occasionally keeps my bowls happier.

I have been thinking about starting a business but I also have a goldilocks complex where everything has to be just right. The places I find are either to small and the right price or just the right size but way to expensive. I cant find the right place.

You might imagine I would be attracted to Buddhism with its middle way - you'd be right.

I strongly support veganism, but don't have what it takes to be one. I think Virgo fussiness can manifest in many ways, not necessarily in regards to hygiene. I think one of the reasons many Virgoans are messy is because we must have things arranged so perfectly, which is quite impossible, so often we don't bother to tidy up.

As for Buddhism, I also find that it makes more sense, although I belong to another religion. It hasn't occured to me this is related to Virgo, I thought it is just the animal-lover in me.

DreamingTheSeas

I have Moon in Virgo 10th house. I am a smoker, not a healthy diet freak. I'm not organized, not a good house keeper, my wardrobe is always in mess. My dishwasher is always full and in my refrigerator there always dead carrots, dead cheese and dead cucumbers.

No, i don't feel like a Virgo Moon at all, except of the mild panic attacks i had for about 5 years but it seems there over the time i became mom.

Claire19

Are you Virgo Moons all into health lol. Let me know I have a had a cough for three weeks now, what do you recommend lol. Good reading although again you could just use it for a natal reading. I will have to find Moon in Pisces and see if I click with it.
Virgo Moon people can have a mother who is single or they also choose to have a baby out of wedlock. Health is one thing, but Virgo is concerned with all everyday matters such as clothing,diet and shelter and the services aod rituals of mundane life. They are into alternative therapies that are plant based as an Earth sign. Maybe the mother is a hypochondriac or a neat freak.

byjove

Account Closed
I'm dying to bring a particular feature of the Virgo Moon to light, and love input from others!

As we know, Virgo Moons are known for a good command of language, and a high number of natives getting involved in journalism and writing is a testament to the fact. There is a very common criticism of Virgo Moons that I *KEEP* hearing and it's being an 'over-thinker'. :andy: What, how, why? I have an idea of what it's like when you're with someone who is stressing over something and drag things out mentally much more than is needed. But why is it lobbied against Virgo Moons so much? :surprised: From an astrological viewpoint, I've read on this, that we natives tend to think much more about feelings rather than just feel them - we intellectualise them. Any comments, ideas?

mumbo_jumbo

From an astrological viewpoint, I've read on this, that we natives tend to think much more about feelings rather than just feel them - we intellectualise them.

I never thought of that or considered I did this ..hmmm I need to think about this:lol:

Overthinking or over-analysing existence. If - why - when - what - in any new situation especally if unknown are the questions asked. Its almost like playing chess with life that life is a game. Some rush in and find out if it works. I think before leaping.

I also have the moon in the tenth sextiling neptune. I am not into smoking or drinking. But I do take a lot of vitamins.