sun (leo) in the 12th house

jenuine

Okay, I don't really know what this post is. I'm sort of ranting, but I am looking for information as well. To skip the random ranting, just scroll down and read the part below the two dash lines. And, just for the record, I am kind of new to astrology.

I've been reading all night about the sun (leo) in the 12th house. It's associated with.. Prisons?! Asylums!? Seclusion?! These words make me feel so depressed.

It was not until I read that my sun was in the 12th house that I realized why I always seemed to be quite the opposite of an orthodox Leo. I mean I really wanted to be a typical Leo, but I am definitely not one. I don't really know how I am supposed to feel about that.

This is kind of random, but... I read that most people with the sun in the 12th house have issues with their fathers, but this was never an problem for me. The strange thing is that my parents were separated/divorced before I was born, and I never met my father. However, I don't really consider this an issue because my mother met her boyfriend a little after I was born, and he's been a wonderful father to me. If my mom didn't tell me that he wasn't my biological father when I was like 7, I would have never known (I'm 20 now). I'm actually really close to him too. Is this strange? Will my biological father become an issue later in life? Or.. is the fact that I never met my biological father considered the issue?

I also read that these people suffer for 1/3 of their lives. I don't recall ever really suffering. Will this happen later?! :sad:

I think I'm being paranoid. But, I seriously did not like what I read about it at all.

--

I just wanted to see if I can find anyone similar to myself (meaning people with their sun (leo) in the 12th house). I guess I just want to hear some of your experiences.

Or could anyone read my chart.. and tell me that this sun (leo) in the 12th house thing is not as bad as it sounds? Or... that I am confused. I know that there are other things (planets, houses, etc.) that I should take into consideration, but this is kind of bothering me.

I also read that although some people's planets may be in the 12th house, it could eventually be in the 1st house. Under what conditions would this be possible?

I'm not sure that I would really like to work behind the scenes and not get recognition. Then again, I guess I don't really like being in the limelight. I mean I guess I just want to receive credit where it's due.

I think I'm going through some cognitive dissonance right now.

Attachments

• astrochart.jpg
    astrochart.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:

Still thinking

As per Indian Astrology

you are cancer Rising. you have sun and jupiter in 1st house in cancer.

Saturn and moon in Capricorn in 7th house.

ketu(south node) in 12th house.

Imprisonment means person will away from house and live in a place where no comfortable at all. for this 4th house should be destroyed.

In your Horoscope venus is lord of 4th house.and 4th house aspected by saturn. libra is your 4th house which is an strongest sign for Saturn.this shows no imprisonment.

you have jupiter and sun in 1st house.This gives you knowledge and respect in society. for others your advise matters a lot.

Rebel Uranian

The 12th house is really depressing-sounding, but I have quite a few planets there, and my life has no 12th house troubles. It has quite a few troubles relating to other houses, but not the 12th so much. http://www.astro.com/astrology/in_dgtwehouse_e.htm You might also want to try out some other house systems (such as whole signs) and see what kinds of results you get. I haven't even figured out which house system to use myself, and I'm still combining equal house and whole signs in predictions (and very much favoring whole signs, both on the basis of logic and experience with predictions. All things Aquarian are my self-identity. All things Piscean are the things I have. All things Arian are basic knowledge/short-term travel/mobility.)

Last edited:
Okay, I don't really know what this post is. I'm sort of ranting, but I am looking for information as well. To skip the random ranting, just scroll down and read the part below the two dash lines. And, just for the record, I am kind of new to astrology.

I've been reading all night about the sun (leo) in the 12th house. It's associated with.. Prisons?! Asylums!? Seclusion?! These words make me feel so depressed.[try reading more reputable sites. you may find that you simply need time alone to recharge. have you read any of the links I posted? A lot of the old Traditional astrology books come out with some rather scary ideas!]

It was not until I read that my sun was in the 12th house that I realized why I always seemed to be quite the opposite of an orthodox Leo. I mean I really wanted to be a typical Leo, but I am definitely not one. I don't really know how I am supposed to feel about that.

Ruler of the Twelfth House in the First House
Your outlook on life is influenced by what is going on subconsciously. Something about your personality reflects your desire to help other people and they can easily recognize this. You may experience a time of confusion and doubt about who you really are and you can be your own worst enemy at times. The most important person you may have to forgive is yourself.
http://www.skyviewzone.com/astrology/houserulerships.htm#hr12

This is kind of random, but... I read that most people with the sun in the 12th house have issues with their fathers, but this was never an problem for me. The strange thing is that my parents were separated/divorced before I was born, and I never met my father. However, I don't really consider this an issue because my mother met her boyfriend a little after I was born, and he's been a wonderful father to me. If my mom didn't tell me that he wasn't my biological father when I was like 7, I would have never known (I'm 20 now). I'm actually really close to him too. Is this strange? NO Will my biological father become an issue later in life? Or.. is the fact that I never met my biological father considered the issue?
[only if sun is challenged by hard aspects to saturn or pluto]

I also read that these people suffer for 1/3 of their lives. I don't recall ever really suffering. Will this happen later?! :sad: [again, try reading more reputable websites, espec the ones I posted]

I think I'm being paranoid. But, I seriously did not like what I read about it at all.

--

I just wanted to see if I can find anyone similar to myself (meaning people with their sun (leo) in the 12th house). I guess I just want to hear some of your experiences.

Or could anyone read my chart.. and tell me that this sun (leo) in the 12th house thing is not as bad as it sounds? Or... that I am confused. I know that there are other things (planets, houses, etc.) that I should take into consideration, but this is kind of bothering me.

I also read that although some people's planets may be in the 12th house, it could eventually be in the 1st house. Under what conditions would this be possible? [secondary progressions, in fact in the chart I posted for you your prog sun is now 1' off 23' in first house. have you felt more energised, direct and assertive over last year?]

I'm not sure that I would really like to work behind the scenes and not get recognition. Then again, I guess I don't really like being in the limelight. I mean I guess I just want to receive credit where it's due.

Age 2 was there a sibling born? Age 3 using solar arcs IC/home roots onto pluto, did anyone die, disappear, become very controlling?
Your time seems to be 'rounded up' to 7.30am. 1' on Asc = 4minutes in real time.

you have a bowl shape chart and commonn T Square with pluto as apex planet. What tends to happen with T Squares is when a transit, progression or solar arc gets to the opp position of pluto, it temporarily creates a Grand Square, this in turn creates lots of tension, to get you up and moving to resolve problems.

How to find your career- sticky in Vocational Forum
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32775

Last edited:

mjackieward7

I've been reading all night about the sun (leo) in the 12th house. It's associated with.. Prisons?! Asylums!? Seclusion?! These words make me feel so depressed.

This is kind of random, but... I read that most people with the sun in the 12th house have issues with their fathers, but this was never an problem for me. The strange thing is that my parents were separated/divorced before I was born, and I never met my father. However, I don't really consider this an issue because my mother met her boyfriend a little after I was born, and he's been a wonderful father to me. If my mom didn't tell me that he wasn't my biological father when I was like 7, I would have never known (I'm 20 now). I'm actually really close to him too. Is this strange? Will my biological father become an issue later in life? Or.. is the fact that I never met my biological father considered the issue?

I also read that these people suffer for 1/3 of their lives. I don't recall ever really suffering. Will this happen later?! :sad:

--

I also read that although some people's planets may be in the 12th house, it could eventually be in the 1st house. Under what conditions would this be possible?

Hey there,

I also have the sun on the 12th house which I also read things like "self undoing, ego melting, hospital, jails" you name it is in the 12th house. One thing that I read that hit a home run was in reference with the father. My father died of sudden death when I was a young girl, he died drunk and I never had a chance to say good bye. Throughout my life, I realized how much I wish I had a father and when I see people that have their dad I think they are very lucky to be able to enjoy a father. I had a few vivid dreams with my father, one was giving me advice of how to go about life which it was a bit strange.
However, I am such not believer and I been trying to disprove all these stuff is non sense and nothing has been written and we make our destiny according to our own will. So really I do not know if it is true or not, I do not even know if this sun and 12th house is true or just someone happened to write some sort of thing and happened to be my story a random comment that happened to be read by someone that experienced something similiar. I just wanted to share with you that I do have the sun in the 12th house. Let me know if you have experience anything such as what I experienced. I am going to try to post my chart so bare with me...

Attachments

• birth chart.jpg
    birth chart.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 43

Inconjunct

Your Sun is very definitely in the 12th house, unless you change to Vedic astrology or fiddle about with your birth time/the zodiac/house system till you get one you like better. What can it mean? Well, one interpretation might be that your life mission lies in serving the needs of the collective rather than your own needs - this placement is found in some politicians' charts, for instance (Tony Blair being a prime example). It may be that you end up working with people who are traditionally marginalised by society such as the mentally ill, or prisoners, or refugees. It may indicate that you become better known for a "persona" you adopt - this placement was found in the chart of drag superstar and leading lady in most of John Waters' movies, Divine, for instance. It may be that you, more than others, hide your Sun-self behind the facade of your Ascendant. As they're both Leo, it might suggest that perhaps you lean on the fun, outgoing, extravagant side of your Leo personality to try and disguise those elements of your Sun-Leo which you find (or have been taught to think of as being) unacceptable. It might indicate you learned early on in life that self-expression was "selfish" and therefore inappropriate. There's more to the 12th house than prisons and asylums!

Mr.Leo

Alright, this is my first post here on the forums, but I thought that I might be of some assistance as I too am a Leo with sun in 12th house. For starters, yes I do have issues with my father. He is an alcoholic drug addict. He also has done a lot of bad things in which I'm sure karma is waiting to get even on him.
Now about these mental institutions. Most of my friends and the people I live with have had one sort of problem or another. I sometimes feel like I'm the only one on this Earth who is sane! :lol: But you have to remember, no one on this planet is truly normal. We each are different in our own way (some think I'm crazy for using astrology). So the way I'd interpret this whole insane asylum thing with the 12th house would be to say that you often get caught up in the wrong current so to put it. People see you as a wise old soul who has a lot to offer, and can take advantage of how generous you can be. It can really drain you if you know what I mean.

So you read that one third of your life is supposed to suck. I too have read this. Now it just might be my moon in Pisces victim mentality, but I have been through quite a lot of **** growing up. If you were to ask me I would say that this has certainly been true for me, but hey these things manifest in different ways for different people right!? :tongue:
One more thing I read that caught my eye was the behind the scenes thing. Film has always been my passion, and for a while I have preferred to work behind the camera rather than in front. However, I still am a Leo with a Leo ascendant, so I still love to act and get noticed... I just am sometimes a little insecure that's all. Man it gets so confusing with all the vibes I get from everyone.
There's also one question I had for everyone. If you have sun conjunct ascendant, aren't you also supposed to read sun in the first house too? Just thought I'd get your guy's opinion on that while were in the general area of the chart. Thanks

Anyway Hun I wish you the best regarding your sun in the 12th... All I can say is try to use astrology in a positive light, and to take it all with a grain of salt as they keep saying. ;)

LOL it bleeps out c/r/a/p

Last edited:

piscesnurse

i have several planets in the 12th I find it can mean serving` example i am a nurse i am also empathic as 12 house also can signify psychic ability and not all horrible things at all` it is to bad people think the 12th is so horrible
i find it is not~ it can make you otherworldly and aware of things that most people do not even get or begin to understand i am a pisces but not a timid one my rising is aries and my moon is aqua Each house has it's pro's and con's