what will come of it? Too young?

besitos

I'm excited I've met someone who seems to fall out of my pattern of bad romances. Finally out of that ring of fire (sagittarius.. for now) and am dealing with an adorable virgo with good synastry. There is a little bit of an age difference, and there are a few other worries that will be resolved with time I think as I learn more about this person; mutual attraction was expressed.

No aspect between mercury or jupiter, but moon in fertile taurus will trine sun smack on the cusp of the fifth. It's one of those attractions where all that is needed is a look, which is shown as well in synastry.

I am wondering if anything will come of it.. I see that mercury will conjunct sun in virgo later, after moon trines him in 9 units. Being a fixed sign in a cadent house, i'm not sure which time unit to use but if it's weeks, that's about the time left i have predicted by my older thread about my next partner in general.

Any other signs of staying power? I notice mercury is in the 4th (partner's 10th), but will conjunct sun in the 5th.

Attachments

• wwc.jpg
    wwc.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 56

besitos

I found out a few days ago he is younger than i thought (he is of age though!). I'm not sure what I think of this but I am falling harder the more I talk to him. Very smitten. Will the age be a problem? Will he see me as more than an attraction?

tikana

take a look at physical decripbion of mars and virgo in lilly

see if it matches your guy

i have a nagging feeling it is someone else that you will be itnerested in

besitos

from "shape and form" from the virgo description in lilly, - a slender body, well composed, ruddy, brown complexion; lovely but not a beautiful creature, all members inclining to brevity. These match, seems like more than 75% match of the original. but i read the body parts section and i think he might have some taurus, perhaps ascendant.

chapter 10 on mars doesn't seem to match him. he is retiring, graceful, earthy but lovely. using the words that come to mind having read that virgo description lol. the only mars i can see is control of his body in sports. does this have to do with seeing if mars and sun are two different dudes?

besitos

hm. Well i am still interested to see what will happen with Virgo. what about the sun? I see nothing is really happening to Jupiter but i was to square him in a few degrees, after i posted this i think i might have said something that didn't go over well because i haven't heard from him today (normally responds right away). Of course the impulse is to chase but i am holding back.

dr. farr

Looks favorable, at least over the short term, by the Ankara method:

:Querent = 1st house = Gemini = Mercury
:Quesited-either a possible boyfriend (5th house) or as a person of interest (7th house) Jupiter is the quesited significator in either case.

: Mercury flows toward Jupiter = + testimony (and note that Mercury is in its exaltation in Virgo)
: Moon flows toward both Moon and Jupiter = + testimony (and the Moon is in its exaltation in Taurus)

= +2 testimonies...so, yes, there might be something to this of a positive nature.

dr. farr

With the + testimonies, and with Mercury being significator of the Lot of Rectitude (right action to take; ascendant + mercury-mars = 7 Gemini), and with Mercury flowing toward him (Jupiter, lord of the 7th whole sign house) I think the indications are for you to take action, move toward him via communication and physical presence, and not to be passive at this time.

Vyri

Banned
Dr. Farr

Out of curiosity say if Mercury is not dignified and is a deficit instead of appearing as a balanced attribute as far as one might consider Mercury to be average or benefic in dignity, would it change the consideration of the judgement of the part of Rectitude -arriving at a judgement that would be deemed helpful for his discordant quality - should we then discern that Mercury be a minus presence - his part in the equation being of a discordant nature? The theory of adding a discordant should be opposite to arriving at a positive conclusion? (Although I like the idea of adding rather than subtracting - but I should think a discordant energy would diminish the prospects for success rather than augmenting progressive results?)

Mars is always considered a malefic so I understand the minus energy that the part must realize of his minus consideration of his influence in the part - but, if he should be a needful umph that is the only hope of the charts progress, would he not also be considered a progressive element or power changing the formula from minusing him from the equation to a plus of his placement as a part or Rectitude (?).just a jangled thought of mine.

All the best
Vyri

Last edited:

besitos

With the + testimonies, and with Mercury being significator of the Lot of Rectitude (right action to take; ascendant + mercury-mars = 7 Gemini), and with Mercury flowing toward him (Jupiter, lord of the 7th whole sign house) I think the indications are for you to take action, move toward him via communication and physical presence, and not to be passive at this time.
thank you for this generous response dr farr. :)

dr. farr

Dr. Farr

Out of curiosity say if Mercury is not dignified and is a deficit instead of appearing as a balanced attribute as far as one might consider Mercury to be average or benefic in dignity, would it change the consideration of the judgement of the part of Rectitude -arriving at a judgement that would be deemed helpful for his discordant quality - should we then discern that Mercury be a minus presence - his part in the equation being of a discordant nature? The theory of adding a discordant should be opposite to arriving at a positive conclusion? (Although I like the idea of adding rather than subtracting - but I should think a discordant energy would diminish the prospects for success rather than augmenting progressive results?)

Mars is always considered a malefic so I understand the minus energy that the part must realize of his minus consideration of his influence in the part - but, if he should be a needful umph that is the only hope of the charts progress, would he not also be considered a progressive element or power changing the formula from minusing him from the equation to a plus of his placement as a part or Rectitude (?).just a jangled thought of mine.

All the best
Vyri

In using Lots, we use set formulae, and do not take cognizance of the dignity or the detriment of the component parts of that formula in using that formula to arrive at a Lot-placement.

The Lot of Rectitude is a type of Lot which varies in formula relative to day or night: the diurnal formula is ascendant + mars - mercury; the nocturnal formula is ascendant + mercury - mars. The (alleged) essential benefic, neutral or malefic nature of the planets involved in any given Lot, is not taken into consideration in computing the Lot.

A computed Lot is judged (as to + or - influences) by several factors: position relative to angular/succedent/cadent is important, sign can be important, and dispositor of the sign the Lot is in is important. NOW, if the significator the Lot happens to be detrimented, then that would be a NEGATIVE testimony regarding the Lot. So in your hypothetical example, if Mercury were in detriment, then-while this would have NO influence regarding the construction (computation) of the Lot-it WOULD be a negative testimony regarding the meaning of the Lot in the particular chart.

Vyri

Banned
Dr. Farr

Thank you for your succinct explanation, am going to experiment with variable and compare them against the method of the lot traditionally and otherwise to see the results if they could be of benefit of a different approach and value towards an explanatory answer in my delineations. Don't when I will have the inclination to engage in the work, but am really curious and am intrigued by the lot of rectitude.

Thanks again
All the best
Vyri

dr. farr

The Lot of Rectitude is, in my opinion, of the greatest importance in all questions seeking advice.

In judging this Lot, see:
-whether the querent or quesited significator flows toward or away from the Lot
-whether the Moon does the same
-check the relationship (aspectual or conjunctional) between the significator of the Lot (the ruler of the sign the Lot is in) and the significators
-check the type of house the Lot is in:
:if angular, then the Lot is of primary importance in the chart
:if succedent, then the Lot is still important, but not quite so as if it were angular
:if cadent, the Lot is only of medium importance and should only be regarded as one of the several testimonies in the chart

besitos

take a look at physical decripbion of mars and virgo in lilly

see if it matches your guy

i have a nagging feeling it is someone else that you will be itnerested in

a Martian guy (another sag..) has been interested in me and i made contact with him today. I still want virgo-an though..

Last edited:

besitos

I have been impatient with the pacing of this relationship and have pulled back a little bit but been consistent with reminders of my presence. I had some anguished nights as I do when moon is in scorpio, but had a moment of mental clarity when I asked if we'd get together, thinking about how and when something would materialize. He has taken some time off from university and will return soon, so I'm wondering if that is when something will happen. I'm looking at mars and venus in the 5th. 6 units until conjunction. I completely welcome such an union... :wink: Mutable/succedent house - 6 months seems like too long considering his schedule. But I hope to have something good to report.

Attachments

• wwc.jpg
    wwc.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 20