it would be lovely if someone would help me understand my chart :)

d00dle

im back :) the first thing i notice is that there's a lack of water element in your chart. It indicates that you have this powerful emphasis on/obsession with feelings and relationships. Also, a lack of water can describe someone whose emotional responses can be rather inappropriate, absent, or overwhelming. Emotions can erupt from the unconscious in such a way that the individual can feel as if they are being dissolved or drowned by their feelings.

d00dle

it might be good to mention i am on the very first day of aquarius.. dunno if being a cuspie has anything to do w/ anything.
also, i have NO idea how houses work.

About the sun, according to ancient astrology it is rather weak (detriment) by its sign position in Aquarius, and is afflicted (unfavorably aspected) by Saturn. this combination could restricted the individual self expression.

d00dle

The Ascendant (or rising) is the astrological mask. It is the first impression we make when we meet new people that is going to affect the way people perceive you. it also takes part in your appearance and personality, going as far as influencing physical characteristics sometimes.

If your birth time is correct, your rising would fall in Sagittarius:sagittarius: sign. Sagittarius ascendant has a natural enthusiasm and they are generally very easy to get along with. They will start a chat with just about anyone.

http://www.cafeastrology.com/sagittarius_ascendantrisingsign.html

The Sun:sun: is our core and essential personality (most basic, broad, inner traits).

The Moon:moon: is our emotion (feeling). It reveals about our habits, reactions, and instincts. it shows how we express, and deal with our emotions. Moon in Aries:aries: Explained...

http://isabellasnow.hubpages.com/hub/Moon-in-Aries-Explained

Venus:venus: (love, happiness, relationship) in a woman's astrology birth chart describes how she expresses her femininity. For example, if your Venus is in Aquarius, you'll probably be attracted to all sorts of potential partners, from all walks of life. Aquarius:aquarius: is a curious person who wants to be intrigued and they will entertain anyone who strikes their fancy.

Mars:mars: (actions, drive, desire) in a woman's chart can also offer some clues as to what she will find attractive in a man. For example, Mars in Gemini:gemini: you have a great energy for communication. However, Mars in Gemini does become bored quite easily and since this is the planet of action in restless sign romantic pursuits should always have a fresh trick up their sleeve if your desire is expected to last long.

Last edited:

waybread

Hi Eileen-- Have you got any particular questions? That plus a little background from you is probably more efficient than asking for a "blind" chart reading. Also, I'm not sure if you are new to astrology or not.

Basically having your sun at zero degrees of a sign still puts you in that sign, so long as you have an accurate birth time. If the sun changed signs on your birthday and you don't know your correct time, then your sun might go either to 29 Capricorn or 0 Aquarius. But O degrees doesn't give you any particular affiliation with Capricorn.

However, you have a strong Saturn in Capricorn just a couple of degrees from your sun, so this may make you feel a bit more like Capricorn than the usual Aquarian.

Then, this is kind of Astrology 201, but if we look at the planet ruling the sign on your sun's house cusp, we see Capricorn on the cusp of your second house, with its ruler Saturn right there in its own sign. Saturn is the traditional planetary ruler of Aquarius (Uranus is the modern ruler) so again, this may make you more "Saturnine" than the average Aquarian.

Finally, you have quite a stellium (cluster) of planets in Capricorn, so much of what you read about this sign will probably relate to you. Your core identity (sun), however, needs more freedom and mental exercise than is typical for Capricorn.

I would see you as pretty independent, with your Aquarian sun, Arian moon, and Sagittarius rising. Water is not a strong element in your chart, whereas earth and air are particularly strong. You probably don't feel at home in highly emotional touchy-feely situations; whereas you enjoy the world of ideas and practical, material topics. You'd make a good engineer or scientist with this combo.

You've also got an interesting 2nd-8th house axis, which as JA noted, could relate to money. You aren't studing accountancy or money managment, are you?

Finally, with sun sextile moon, you probably have a positive sense of self confidence, the odd bad day notwithstanding.

waybread

Gosh, letsriot-- I am glad you survived high school.

Probably the best way to learn astrology is to head for your nearest New Age book store, or go to an on-line bookseller like amazon.com. The book I would most recommend for beginners is Stephen Forrest, The Inner Sky. His sun is in Capricorn and he looks like an old hippy, so I don't think you will find him talking about Capricorn as the grey-suited businessman.

One problem that I have personally with a lot of intro astrology materials is that they basically treat human beings like a collection of static personality traits and stereotypes. Forrest has a much more dynamic approach.

If you'd prefer on-line sites, I recommend the articles on this site, and at Astrodienst, where you got your chart. Learning astrology requires a lot of time and study. Also, if you are still in the NYC area, you should be able to find some introductory classes in astrology.

Other on-line sites pitched to beginners are:

www.cafeastrology.com
www.bobmarksastrologer.com

With so many planets in Capricorn, however, you might feel more at home in traditional astrology. Try: www.skyscript.co.uk . Many articles there.

The way you've described yourself sounds very Aquarian (rebel), but Capricorn may show through more as you age. This sign rules old age, whereas your Aries moon (also very independent) may be more prominent now while you are young.

Saturn is a very strong planet in your chart. His best lessons are perseverance, patience, learning to get by on very little, and resourcefulness. If people don't mind him, they wind up wondering why they can never pay their bills-- or can't focus. Saturn can show where and how we feel disappointed, frustrated, and not good-enough. But really he just runs a diagnostic on our lives, sometimes showing where we need to shore up our behaviour. Saturn doesn't sound like a heap of fun (compared to skate-boarding) but he helps to build a solid foundation for our lives.

You asked about the nodes. The NN shows where your growth lies-- and it may or may not seem comfortable or in-character for you. Your NN closely conjuncts Saturn in the 2nd, so it would seem that learning to handle money well is important for your personal progress.

The SN is your comfort zone. With Saturn opposed to it, you don't get to slack off much!

There is a lot of past-lives material available on the nodes, but I am personally skeptical about it. Either way, the NN shows where you need to be going (like it or not!) and the SN shows where you've been, and where you could stagnate.

With your sun quintile Pluto, I suspect that you are actually very ambitious!

Think of yourself like a committee, not like a unified individual. Some of the committee members may say a lot (Sag rising), others are more quiet, but they still have a powerful contribution.

People do act a lot like their ascendants. Your rising sign and any first house planets basically indicate how you come across to other people. It is your body, outward personality, and essentially the medium through which you express the rest of your horoscope. With Uranus and Neptune in the first house, however, it may be hard to establish a consistent self-image.

One other thing I might mention is that your sun makes an exact trine to Mars. Lucky you-- this should give you a lot of energy to achieve things in your life.

But maybe think more about money and investing. Or maybe something to do with other sorts of valuables. One personal finance guru whom I just love is Suze Orman: she's got several books out, a TV program, and a website at: www.suzeorman.com .

May I ask what field you're most interested in now? It would help me understand your chart better.

letsriot

^ reply to waybread

i am currently trying to earn a teaching degree, to eventually become a high school teacher (most likely english)

waybread

This might be reflected in your Mercury conjunct Neptune/Uranus-- you probably have a rich imagination. Venus rules your 10th house cusp, which indicates something about your vocation. Venus rules the fine arts. So I can see how English lit. would fit. She's in your 2nd house. The 2nd house rules money, valuable jobjects, and perhaps "what you value" (values) so looking at the values expressed through works of great fiction may help to coordinate your different chart placements.

The 9th house rules works of enduring literature. With the sun in the 2nd on the house cusp, we loop back to your second, again.

However, you may wish to play around with your houses a bit, or see if you can get a hospital record or birth certificate with an exact birth time. I usually use Placidus, but I note that with a whole sign system (which I would recommend for estimated birth times) your sun and Venus move into the third house of communication. This seems like a better match with teaching literature.

The whole sign (or perhaps one of the other house methods) actually seems like a slightly better fit with your early family life. Pisces then becomes the cusp of your IC. The 4th house deals with one's parents (traditionally, the father) and early childhood conditioning more generally. This house wouldn't seem too stressed, except that its traditional ruler Jupiter opposes your sun (identity) and the modern ruler Neptune conjuncts disruptive Uranus with a square to your moon (feelings, home.)

As you learn about Jupiter, see if its negative traits seem to describe your experience of your father. Oftentimes a planet opposite the sun ("me") gets experienced as "not me", and as someone who seemingly opposes our interests.

A more positive interpretation of sun opposite Jupiter is to put Jupiterian types (such as professors) in a teaching mode in your life.

BTW, YES-- a change in birth time might change your rising sign, and would certainly change your house cusps.

Last edited:

d00dle

Lilith is known as the "Dark Moon", represents our "dark" or hidden emotional selves.

"Lilith in Sagittarius may hide her emotions beneath a facade of humor or a mask of "niceness." She may keep her personal philosophies secret from others, keeping her own counsel. In the negative, this placement can indicate haughtiness, self-righteousness, and prejudice."

in depth on Lilth in Sagittarius:sagittarius:

http://sanjaperic.com/2005/04/28/lilith-in-sagittarius/

waybread

You can see how you now have a new rising sign, MC, house cusps, and houses for your planets!

The basic relationship of planets to one another hasn't changed (aspects), nor have your planets-in-signs. The moon moves 12 degrees per day (very fast!) so yours has moved further into Aries.

There is a long thread on this forum on the 12th house, which you might enjoy reading, as you have the sun, Saturn, Venus and NN in the 12th house, not in the second, as your estimated chart incorrectly indicated.

Houses give you the "where" or "in what domain of activity" planets operate. if you have a planet in a house, that planet generally focuses its core meaning on the affairs of this house. Whether it operates easily and happily or with a lot of tension and stress depends upon its aspects to other planets. In one of my previous posts, I've given some recommendations on where to look for information on astrological houses.

d00dle

Okie, your ASC is in Aquarius:aquarius:, meaning you're intelligent, attractive (appearance), and a bit unusual. Now, having your Sun and ASC in Aquarius:aquarius:, indicates strong egos or individualities and it comes through because the nature of both the Sun and Ascendant are in similar or compatible signs. What you see is basically what you get.

You're type 1)
http://www.librarising.com/astrology/fwa/polarity.html

Back to the chart, the first thing I notice is Venus:venus: conjunct your Ascendant (very lucky aspect!). It is said that a person with Venus:venus: (the planet of love and beauty) and the ascendant in conjunction is probably going to be good-looking (beautiful), and get along with other people easily. Other people are likely to be attracted by your attractive appearance and physical charm.

hbn_235

Wow I learned a little here......but how does everyone respond to this thread and everyone else but mine like i don't exist......now it has to be something in my chart that makes everyone to avoid me smh

starstudent33

You need to be absolutely sure you've got your birth time right. It's probably pretty close to accurate now that you found the hospital record, but it can still easily be off by a few minutes. I'm getting a strong Aquarius vibe from your posts, so I think the Ascendant in Aquarius is right. People treating you like you don't exist doesn't sound like Venus rising. If the birth time is really a few minutes later, Venus could have trailed off into the twelfth house where it would lie hidden, causing you seem less socially attractive. I just joined this site, and I guess I'm kind of dumb, but I can't figure out how to view your chart.