Transiting Chiron conjunct Mercury

DKAngel

Can anyone here speak to their personal experience of Transiting Chiron conjunct their natal Mercury? I know this is a one year transit aspect and if Chiron retrogrades back over the Mercury degree, even longer.

I am looking at this for someone close to me and hoping to get a more concrete feel for how this could manifest. I have already read the textbook explanations and can phrase it myself but would like to hear some real life stories if anyone would care to share.

I also wonder how it has manifested in the house where you have (planet) in Virgo and (planet) in Gemini?

Last edited:

Gigabob6

I am under this transit right now. It seems to me that when chiron transits something, it is teaching you how to be better in that area of your life. When Chiron sextiled my Venus, I noticed the problems I was having in my singing and guitar playing, and intuitively knew how to fix them. Because this is a conjunction however, your writing and speech skills may seem to be at a decline, but really you're just seeing the problems in these things that you've always had. With Chiron, you can see your own problems from another's perspective. So your friend will probably seem to talk and write normally to you, but to them it will seem like it has gotten worse. Tell her this is just a way for her to fix problems she didn't know she had.

DKAngel

Thank you for this information. It helps me to know what to look for with the other person, who has Mercury Rx in Pisces.

I will have Chiron opposite my Mercury Rx in Virgo in 3 years. That should be interesting.

I am under this transit right now. It seems to me that when chiron transits something, it is teaching you how to be better in that area of your life. When Chiron sextiled my Venus, I noticed the problems I was having in my singing and guitar playing, and intuitively knew how to fix them. Because this is a conjunction however, your writing and speech skills may seem to be at a decline, but really you're just seeing the problems in these things that you've always had. With Chiron, you can see your own problems from another's perspective. So your friend will probably seem to talk and write normally to you, but to them it will seem like it has gotten worse. Tell her this is just a way for her to fix problems she didn't know she had.

R4VEN

The fact that this person has Mercury Rx in Pisces may indicate that the transit will highlight some shortcomings, before it `shows the way' through this.

Martin Lass says that this transit brings to the surface (which is the task of tr Chiron) any shortcomings, insecurities or negative feelings around one's ability to communicate. Given Chiron's broader role, I would expect it to show a person how to traverse any negative-thought territory, in a quest to fully access their Mercury placement.

I had this transit in 1991. I have Mercury in Leo in the 7th, so am not short on communication confidence. Just as this transit began I again began to work in teaching, having not done this for 5-6 years. This time I was teaching adults, and so became reacquainted with the outgoing, `performance' side of Mercury in Leo. I felt this transit bring back a part of me which I'd not been using. It was a very good time for me. Gemini rules my 6th house - work, service - and so I found a way of fully enjoying the business of serving in the wider community, using my communication skills.

Flowergirl

I'm having this transit. Though still 4 degrees apart I can already feel it.

The fact that this person has Mercury Rx in Pisces may indicate that the transit will highlight some shortcomings, before it `shows the way' through this.

Martin Lass says that this transit brings to the surface (which is the task of tr Chiron) any shortcomings, insecurities or negative feelings around one's ability to communicate. Given Chiron's broader role, I would expect it to show a person how to traverse any negative-thought territory, in a quest to fully access their Mercury placement.
This transit should benefit me a lot then. With my afflicted Mercury in Pisces in 12th house and lack of air in my chart, I have a lot of communication and social difficulties. My life is bordering on being a complete hermit and I have a lot of negative feelings and insecurities around my inability to be more social/normal.
Hope it helps.

Last edited: