Gov. Scott Walker?

I was curious to get the take from others on Gov. Scott Walker in Wisconsin... He seems to be creating quite a stir in his own state and the public backlash against him seems to be growing, and spreading somewhat to other states facing similar political issues.

I do not have the time he was born but here is his birth info:
Scott Walker was born on 2 November 1967 in Colorado Springs, Colorado.

According to this website http://www.horoscopeswithin.com/birthchart.php
when I enter his birth data it pulls up something interesting about his sun sign (9.1 degree scorpio):

Interpretation of the 9° Scorpio symbolic degree
"A man wears a mask and the disguise of Mephistopheles."
Cheerful, clever, and elusive character. One is highly skilled in simulation and manipulation and keeps one's objectives carefully concealed beneath merry and helpful attitudes. Should the natal chart concur, this degree indicates a brilliant success as a diplomat, an actor, or in any occupation involving the design and manufacturing of costumes.

I googled Mephistopheles and found this link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mephistopheles
which indicates that Mephistopheles is a demon in German folklore

YIKES

Also he seems to have a number of planets in Scorpio which would make sense why he is taking such a "controlling" stance on the bill that is extremely unpopular with the people.

Thoughts?

Also, based on the "revolutionary" response from the public, do you think that this has anything to do with Uranus going into Aries in 2 days (March 11) I do!!

Would love to hear your thoughts on this....

Regards, Russetwill

waybread

If you go offer to Astrodienst and construct his chart on their free charts pages, save it to your computer, then you can post it here. Just input the birth time as "unknown" so you don't get erroneous houses.

Although I support unions, calling the governor Mephistopheles is a bit over-the-top.

isismagdalenne

not over the top to me, I was in Madison marching the capital last weekend
and obviously there is some energies at play. Its the same thing as in all the other countries if you ask me. Its people using corrupt power to oppress the people and the people fighting back the best they can. Its absolutely scary how the voice of the people can be overlooked and tossed aside in place of the whim of the united states of corperate america!

Last edited:
I couldn't get the chart from Astrodienst to create a chart without his birth time, but I found another site that would. Here is a link (and I hope it works!)
http://interactive.0800-horoscope.c...lorado+Springs,+CO+(8),+United+States&lang=en

From what I have been reading that Uranus is sitting right now at 30 degrees Pisces, and is about to move into 0 degrees Aries tomorrow (Uranus goes into Aries on 3/11/11 and stays there for for 7 years) Click here to see the impact of this transit WOW
http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message1377986/pg1

Add that pluto is in Capricorn right now (transforming govt. and structures of society i.e. the educational system) and I think we are seeing the beginning of this transit already in the form of protests in Madison as well as the violent uprisings in the middle east. What struck me about Pluto moving into Capricorn, is that the last time Pluto was in Capricorn was when there was the American Revolution and revolt from England.

As far as what I feel about Scott Walker, whatever his birth chart, I think he is an agent of this change and is helping to usher in this new energy.

From what I can gather from this coming "movement" is that the people shall arise and expect more of their leaders. They will demand changes in government and ultimately - with Pluto in Capricorn, change and transformation will occur in our structures (Capricorn rules structure, both physical and societal). The old and unecessary ways will end and new and relevant ones will replace them.

End analysis, is that I believe we are going to ultimately wind up with a better government at the end of this all (Pluto is in Capricorn until 2023) but not before some pain and struggles during the transformative phase of Pluto in Capricorn.

With Uranus going into Aries tomorrow, and staying there for the next 7 years, I think we are in for some revolutions of conciousness. I think this weekend will show some protests in Madison unlike we have ever seen before, and I do think that pandora's box has been opened. I think what began in Madison will spread across the US... it already has to some degree.

When a young man in Tunisia named Mohamed Bouazizi poured gas over himself last December 17 and set himself on fire (Aries=Fire) I think it "triggered" into motion this new energy, and sparked the young people in several middle east countries to revolt.

I think that Scott Walker is the US version of Mohamed Bouazizi in that he is "triggering" the energy on this side of the world. That phrase "it's a dirty job, but someone's got to do it" applies in this case, poor soul. I personally abhor what Scott Walker has done in Wisconsin, but I think when I look at the big picture, how else would so many people become united in a common cause? Scott Walker has done that for all of us. I think it's clear either we take one side or another.

When I cited that the sabian symbol 9.1 degree is this:
"A man wears a mask and the disguise of Mephistopheles."
and that Mephistopheles is a demon in German folklore, I think it illustrates that we sometimes need the dark to remind us of what the light is. Mephistopheles (according to Wikipedia) is interpreted as the "collector of lost souls" which I think is also interesting. He doesn't come to **** people but collect the souls of those who are already damned. Wow!

I think the transformation that I am seeing in people by this movement is that people are finding what they feel to be right and true in their own hearts, which is the light. If you care about your neighbor, you don't try to hurt them. An outright assault on your neighbor provokes (rightly) outrage, and this is the amazing energy that I think is being produced because of Scott Walker's actions.

I have been thinking all of this over the last few weeks and months. I knew that there would be things coming with Uranus going into Aries, but could have never predicted this outcome, and yet here we are.

Would love to know your thoughts on this? I think it's EXTREMELY and intensely interesting!

This is funny when I re-ready my post that I just put up, I see the forum did this to one of my words ****

I had written the word d a m n but apparently that is a pretty bad word! LOL

waybread

Here is is Astrodienst chart--I find them easier to read. Interesting that he was born in Colorado Springs--a very conservative community.

Attachments

• wisconsin_governor_scott_walker_.jpg
    wisconsin_governor_scott_walker_.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 28

waybread

It is also interesting that Walker has Mars square Saturn in mutual reception, and that transiting Pluto is now conjuncting his Mars and squaring his Saturn. This would be a time when he would work mightily, even ruthlessly to stay in control at all costs--but where the costs may hurt him in the end.

isismagdalenne

I can see your take on it. Like the buddhist concept that we should treasure our enemies as a gift because they assist us on our path of awakening. I also like the "devil" comparison, as over my contemplation of religious ideas Ive long felt a sympathy for the idea of devil as challenger. Not one that is nessesarily rooting for good or evil, just placing the challenge there and seeing if the soul overcomes or not on its own. If you think about it, it really doesnt take much prodding to get one to do evil. At this point though my humaness can feel more sympathy for the devil, if you will, than I can for the plight of Scott Walker's position as pawn. He's had his payments. I hope you are right though, I hope it speads. It is not just about unions and anyone who cant see that is either letting themselves be blind or incredibly mislead. Its about democracy being stolen and sold.

isismagdalenne

the last time Uranus went into Aries was April 1 1927. Here is the link to all the eventful history. I thought it was interesting how many technological things were involved.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/April_1927. Some major changes in foriegn governments too. The list is a very long one compared to some of the others I randomly typed in just to compare.

Thanks for the comments about this it's nice to hear what other people think as well. As I am a newbie at astrology I know there are things that I don't understand but am trying to learn.

Reading birth charts is not my strength, I am ok at getting a flavor for the person but don't understand natal charts in depth. Unfortunately with Scott Walker we don't have his birth time which would offer us a complete picture.

Because (as of my writing) it is now March 11, 2011, and we officially have Uranus entering Aries today, I have been scouring the net for new posts on this major transit, so hungry am I for information and how it all relates to what is happening right now with the protests in the US.

I saw on the news tonight, that the protests have indeed spread to other states, most notably Indiana, but several others.

I found this post tonight about Uranus entering Aries today which I thought was quite good because it gave an up to date take on what is happening right now with Scott Walker and the other republican govenors in the union-busting states:
http://horoscopes.mydaily.com/astrology/2011/03/07/uranus-in-aries/(exerpt below)
"On March 11 revolutionary Uranus re-enters Aries, inciting seven years of innovation and liberation. We may feel strange in a shifting reality where old enmities may reach their breaking points so that new alliances may be born. Union busting in Wisconsin and Indiana, for example, are the inevitable results of America's turn to the right, epitomized by Ronald Reagan's election in 1980. Certainly the short-term results of these conflicts will affect U.S. elections, but these may only be interim steps in a greater political transformation that transcends party lines"

I still think my favorite take on the Uranus/Aries transit is this one:
http://www.tokenrock.com/read-Uranus-in-Aries-The-Revolution-of-Consciousness-975.htmlhttp://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message1377986/pg1

I like the way things are framed for this transit. Yes, it will be a wild and rocky ride, but it will work out in the end to be better. That gives me some hope that what we are going through right now will lead us ultimately to a better place. We have to be ready for change and let the transformation begin within ourselves. I think it is a very positive message and one that gives me hope.

Scott Walker is an agent of change, no doubt. I think history will show this as a defining moment in our countries history as well as a defining moment in our evolution.

A last comment.... Scorpio people are some of my favorite people, don't ask me why I just love that intensity. I am a Virgo so I know that I am compatable with them and many ex boyfriends have been Scorpios (before I had ever learned anything about astrology, which so suprised me!)

The bad part about Scorpios is that they don't forgive, and they survive no matter what (kill or be killed) and of course, are the most deeply emotional and controlling of the signs. Everytime I hear of Gov. Walker "shoving things down people's throats" I am reminded that he is a scorpio, who doesn't forgive or forget. Even if the whole world is against him, he will fight. Boy does that ever nail it on the head with this guy!

Oh and one more thing, we know that Scorpio's don't like power at all, do they ;)

This guy is on the power trip of his life, and he is literally blinded by it, in my opinion.

Mark

Actually, he does seem a bit of a Faustian villain. It's like he's saying to the public servants of Wisconsin, "Your years are up! You're mine now! Muhahaha!"

waybread

Russetwill, I am not fan of the Tea Party or union busting. But I will caution against deciding that someone is Darth Vader and then looking for the evidence to back up what you already believe. I think this is a misuse of astrology.

Rather, let the chart speak to you. Scott Walker may be doing some terrible things, but he isn't the Anti-Christ.

To me, a chart indicates the talents and challenges with which a soul incarnates.

I am open to others thoughts regarding the birth chart of Scott Walker and stated earlier I am rather new at astrology and therefore was looking for others input.

The sabian symbol of 9.1 degree scorpio was what I found on the internet as I understand there is a sabian (astrology) symbol for each degree of the zodiac in a natal chart.

I did not make up the Mephistopheles reference, I found it as the sabian symbol for Scott Walker's sun sign. Maybe these are not looked at in traditional astrology? I know there are many different types of astrology out there, but this struck me as interesting as he is such a polarizing figure, and from the buzz on the twitter feeds, people do seem to be demonizing him.

I am not saying one way or another I know there is alot to interpret in a birth chart and I am *really* not an expert, but willing to listen to what others have to say.

He definitely *is* very instrumental in creating much turmoil in peoples lives at the moment, so curious what others think, and how this plays into the Uranus/Aries transit we just entered, and will be in, for the next 7 years.

One more comment, I have been reading the analysis of birth charts for people for years now but I don't profess to be able to look at a birth chart myself and be able to "see" what's there. I know the main planets and houses, but I have seen so many potential interpretations based on whats there.

It seems many interpretations can be made from one natal chart because different people see different things when they look at it. Without knowing his birth time, we can't have the full picture.

What would an experienced astrologer say about his natal chart, based on what information we do have? I know that the planets in scorpio obviously play a major role, beyond that I really don't know.

I'm open to learning from others...

isismagdalenne

there are also very polarized views, right here on the forum, and in astrology in general, about if the individual directs the chart or if the chart shapes the individual. Dont feel chastised. Some think like waybread and mark and thats cool, others think if your a bad guy, it will show in your chart.
I havent decided which way I think yet. Im operating under the idea that I need at LEAST 5 more years of study before deciding what way to go on that. Then, there is ALWAYS something new to learn so you can change your mind about concepts like that even after 15 more years, who knows.

Mark

It's true that there are lots of different ways of approaching this, so let's look at the facts. What day was Hitler born? I don't know and it doesn't really matter. Thousands of other German babies were born that day, probably at least dozens somewhere near the same time and place, but only Hitler grew up to become the dictator of the new German empire. Okay, technically he was Austrian, but the point remains valid. What was the difference between Hitler and all the other babies? It seems impossible that such huge differences could be due only to astrology when there are other individuals with almost identical charts. The studies of the charts of twins illustrate this idea.

Governor Walker, like the rest of us, is in the same boat. Even with extreme astrological similarities, there seems to be something of the individual that makes big differences in the course of a life. I say that this is caused by the free will of the individual. The general principles of astrology are expressed individually and uniquely by every living person. This is quite similar to the reason that no two snowflakes are the same. Ice crystals accumulate at high altitudes and start to fall when they get heavy enough. While falling, they pass through various layers of warm and cool air, moving in various directions, causing them to partially melt and refreeze on the way down. Because no two snowflakes take exactly the same path to the ground, no two snowflakes on the ground will be identical.

To make a better astrological example, as isismagdalenne and I have in a thread elsewhere in the forum, consider the qualities of the houses. The third house may pertain to perception and qualia, siblings, education, or "innate" mental ability. The only way I can know which qualities of the third house are being expressed is by knowing the individual expressing them. Every astrologer must admit that every expression is unique. For these reasons, we must examine the individual who is expressing astrological qualities in order to understand their expressions. Astrology itself is quite general because it applies to everyone.

dr. farr

Bringing a general chart-and most natal charts as they are delineated are pretty general (showing general trends-as Mark points out)-down into a very individualized chart which applies to very few others born in the same hour-is a highly advanced group of tecnhiques, mostly done by a small number of those who follow the traditionalist/hellenistic (or Vedic) astrological approach: degree rulers and influences such as planet and sign monomoiria (degrees change every 4 minutes on average) play a large role in such (attempts) at extremely individualized delineation; as do certain special methods of casting Lots, determining the Foundation of the particular horoscope (ascendant degree+part of spirit-part of fortune), finding what almost amounts to the whole-chart midpoint (the "totality point" chart calculation) and the ancient technique of dodekatemoria ramification (whether Pauline or Egyptian), plus antiscia indications, plus use of fixed stars: these (mostly forgotten and rarely practiced) individualizing methods can definitely result in very individual-specific natal chart modifying influences and indications. As I mentioned above, degrees (which shift on average at 4 minute intervals) play a very large role in these methods.

In the Hitler example, referenced by Mark, yes, thousands of people were born in Austria on the same day and year of Hitler's birth; hundreds were (probably) born in the Hitler-birth hour; but how many were born in the area of Branau-am-Inn within the same 4 minute (1 degree) span Hitler was born in? You can see that techniques centering (based on) degree-delineations and ramifications, really can cut the number of persons (or animals) subject to those specific influences, way down-perhaps even (sometimes) to one.

The Chinese system does this (although not as extensively as the degree-related techniques of ancient and medieval Western astrology and jyotish) In their 4 Pillars method (the primary Chinese natal delineative method) you have the year of birth, which is then modified by the month of birth, which is then further modified by the day of birth, which gets narowed down to the hour of birth: those are the "4 Pillars" of their horoscopes, and you can understand how the number of births for all 4 of these elements (each crossed with the next) narrows down the number of those subject to the final "stamp" of the "net astral influence".

So it really depends upon just how far one desires to go: in most cases, the general trends and potentials is quite sufficient: this is the "general" astrological delineation which Mark refers to in his post. But it IS possible to go far beyond that general analysis-IF you know how to do so*....

*I have not mentioned the even further individualization which is possible by going into the analysis of pre-natal,and even of the "blood line" karma level, which techniques are, however, quite speculative in nature.

Last edited: