Do you believe in God?

devalight

Yes, I believe in God, but I am not sure anyone can define what God really is. I think of God as something like the totality of nature, the ground of being, or all that is, kind of like what the philosopher Spinoza said, if anyone has read The Ethics.

Devalight

Lenvdb

Yes I believe in God

As a small child I gave my life to Jesus in a traditional Pentecostal church, and for the last 3 decades served in worship, leadership etc.

I became disillusioned with the concept of church and saw how the church became stagnated. Being in church however does not make yo a christian, just as going to MacDonalds does not make you a hamburger. The emphasis of all their teaching was to prompt you in having a personal relationship with God, and using prayer, meditation and Bible study as a means to grow this relationship.

Over the last 5 years, I came out as gay, and could no longer form part of this Pentecostal /Charismatic movement. I discovered a somewhat flawed theology. I also kept on seeking Truth and God directed me to discover some ancient paths. I discovered that church today is the result of human interferace with the teachings of Jesus, and the Nicean council and Roman church left the world with a distorted and watered down flavour of who God is.

I felt there had to be more to God than what we read in the Bible. So I discovered the nag Hammadi scrolls, Gnostic writings, Dead Sea Scrolls, the Book of Enoch and Sepher Yetzirah. And my life was changed. These added to my growth and view of God, rather than diminishing it. God is so much more we could even try to conceive or imagine. But we need to break out of the moulds and limitations forced upon us by a stagnant church.

I can no longer call myself a christian by the standards of the Charismatic / Pentecostal church. But hey! Do I look bothered? I love God. If the Books I mentioned above were good enough for Jesus, they are good enough for me, and no pastor will persuade me otherwise.

The Bible says "My people perish for lack of revelation."

In years to come many others will find the revelation I did and be persuaded to believe. I will help as many as possible to break free from their traditional thinking. I post articles to help people like them see that there is so much more, on my website www.godsfriends.co.uk

It helps to know their teachings and doctrines. I know where they come from, and I can understand their thinking. I have been there too. But God in His wisdom saw fit to show me the way out.

Blessings and peace

Len:)

tikana

Moondance said:
Gravity is the Devil, not God-it made my breasts sag and my butt fall. But at least I believe in it.

that is why there are guardian angels called plastic surgeons

PS i am agnostic

Tik

Carole

I believe in God. Not the God who chastises, not the God who threatens,
not the God who forbids, but The One who through His Eternal Love imprinted
His divine spark in each one of us and by doing it, made gods of us. Lesser gods waiting to explore their divine potential.

Carole

flea

i have always been fascinated by people who do not have a concept of a conscious source. That I presume is an atheist, I wondered if anyone was game to promote the counter position on this as I think walk a mile in another's shoes........

Love & Light
Flea

Suvasri

Yaa. I do believe in God.Otherwise who allowed human beings to create the Internet?That was on a funny note.Actually,HE is beyond explanation,beyond our conception of love,hatred,remorse,sorrow & mortality.HE is HUGE. May God bless me & give me happiness according to His conception mostly & according to my conception too,partly.

Last edited:

Shaun

Hello, all.

I agree with Draco but also with the fact that since man has freewill, he alone has the opportunity to recognize the existence of - and his relationship to - God (or not!).

As far as the existence of God (or "It") is concerned, that can be examined in all aspects of LIFE itself - of all the living species, by the intelligent order (and design) by which nature operates, etc. An interesting website you might consider investigating is listed below:

http://www.harunyahya.com/index.php

As far as one's relationship to God is concerned - that is an entirely personal (and sacred) realization that must be (and can only be) experienced within one's deepest self. Through a sincere desire to know the spiritual origins from which you came, meditation and other spiritual-related means, His spirit unfailingly bears witness with yours. To me, it is the same thing as attuning to your highest self. That "highest self" is your spirit's at-oneness with with Christ Consciousness, or God, or the Creator, or Spirit or by whatever name you prefer to call it; all represents the same source (and force).

If one wishes to offer various proofs - by means of correlations that fall outside of man's interference - that would only be appropriate AFTER one has already been convinced of His existence. It cannot be done by logical deduction alone since the very nature and essence of that (or God's) awareness enompasses that which is life-enhancing and expresses the benevolence, beauty and justice of the universe; of cause and effect; and of the highest in the human spirit - as can seen when same is exercised in loving relationships, beautiful music, heart-filled homes, neighborly neighborhoods, extraordinary creations, genuine kindness, consideration in helpfulness, etc.

Everything that we take for luxury now was conceptualized and then created by the mind, spirit and body of man - a co-creator and offspring of God. It shows what actually is GREAT - and possible - in man. But just think of how even more great is the fact that total galaxies, solar systems, planets and life were (and are) created from that which is UNSEEN and FROM WITHOUT. It is utterly mind-boggling.

Although a plethora of clues abound and attest to God's existence, many people are so spiritually blind to that which is right in front of them. If they would only (and in all sincerity and in humbleness) open their minds, ears, eyes and, especially, hearts and souls - they would readily approached that throne within themselves. Yes, while there are many trials and tribulations in this world (from man's own doing...whatever can be done through will can be undone through will - or improved through will!), nothing can keep one away from recognizing the existence of God and one's personal relationship to same but oneself.

The stark reality is that each person is at a different stage of development and awareness. Ultimately, if and when one becomes aware of the divine, it will and can only be through personal experience.

Shaun

Last edited:

tikana

Suvasri said:
Yaa. I do believe in God.Otherwise who allowed human beings to create the Internet?That was on a funny note.Actually,HE is beyond explanation,beyond our conception of love,hatred,remorse,sorrow & mortality.HE is HUGE. May God bless me & give me happiness according to His conception mostly & according to my conception too,partly.

HI,
God? I dont believe in God as you are interpeting. Life on planet Earth is explained scientifically. there is no brainer there. If we are talking about God, where did God come from? it had to come from somewhere. Is God a product of a big bang? I have an explanation but my theory is hard to prove, (let along imaginging the possibility). I dont fully understand or grasp of a miracle of how could this possibly happen but there is something to it.

We all know that there is something beyond our comprehension. I dont know if it the planets, energy, some kind of universal power that controls us BUT after what i have been going through in the past 3 years, all i can say is there is a thing called "fate" .. i dont think there is such things as "free will"..

Tik

tikana

Hi Jag

the higher thingie i think is a chemical and physical reaction between atoms. That is all there is to it.

want me to elaborate?

Tik